the Rift

Your war flag proudly standing amid the setting sun

Meriwether Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

M E R I W E T H E R

The air was crisps and clear. Fall was upon Helovia, or Orangemoon as they called it here. It had been awhile since the militant mare had taken flight and she missed the clarity and freedom it held the two very precious things that could never be robbed from her. With a heavy sigh she pushed the thoughts of her past away, struggling to murder the ghosts that remained. Though it was unlikely she’d ever fully rid herself of death, war, and destruction. For it hadn’t been that long ago that she had been the right hand of the Tempest Realm’s King. Yes, Meriwether would always be a queen to her men, and a murderer to the rest of the world. All it took was killing Cansrel., ending his greed and power to possess everything, ending all of the corruption. She had undying devotion for the Tempest Realm but taking out someone of that importance doesn’t exactly give you immunity. So rather than stay around and deal with the consequences, she sought out a new home and a fresh start. Meriwether felt more like a soldier in the dark, a broken soul, as opposed to being renewed, baptized by the unplanned circumstances which brought her here. She would always be a force of destruction, a war flag proudly standing, amid the setting sun. Wanderer or not, she could go where she pleased, no king could prevent her from doing so now. She was free bound only by her own laws and morals. Twisted as they may be. After all her moral compass didn’t exactly point north.

Meriwether shook herself, voluminous lilac tresses falling across her face, while she directed her attention to her surroundings. She gathered her frame and struck out with a broad dished-shaped hoof , carving away at the damp soil in boredom and frustration. Beams of sunlight settled upon her back as a few rays peaked out from behind the clouds as yellow orbs peered from beneath her forelock to marvel at the land before her. It wasn’t long before Meri cast her head over her shoulders, to check for wandering eyes, while nostrils flared, trying to catch a scent of any equine around. Indeed her guard was up as she faced this unknown territory. She didn’t need any vindictive psychopath to come barreling out of the woods in attempt to assassinate her for murdering the Tempest king, corrupt as he was. If push came to shove she was perfectly able to defend herself, or so she had hoped. She was magic-less now, unable to manipulate even the smallest of sounds. She didn’t often rely on rely on her powers already trained and disciplined in the art of war, yes, she was skilled in the art of intimidation and fear her magic had just been a small addition to her character.

tags: --
ooc notes: none.
words: 473

Actions.
'Thoughts.'
"Speech."

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
It appears that the bird has finally found a creature more suited to her liking than the drunk or the addict back home. It is true that she doesn't necessarily trust either of them, but she has sought to stake her claim on the stags regardless. Although Oxy's status as a solitary, ambition driven man appears to be shifting with the wind that his ice queen creates, the Chieftess still considers him an integral part to her plan. His heart may have begun to yearn for much fleshier things, but her heart will always desire power.

Regret ravages her mind like bleach, dulling the passion of her emotions as it erases the stains that the giant has inflicted in her. As much as the brutal woman tries to deny it, her discovery of his relationship with the pegasus has hurt her. Did they not express the same feelings of rebellion when they had met all those many nights ago? Had she been wrong to think that, through their violent bond, they could possibly kindle something more than just an alliance between them?

Her thoughts have become as worrisome as some maiden fretting over the devotion of a lover, and in realizing this the peahen comes to an abrupt halt. She does not care for the stallion in that way, this much is obvious to her. Why she has come to think of him as only hers, however, is what baffles the warrior so. A vibrant gaze darts about the forest as if in search for the cause of her tumuluous emotions, but all she can find is a purple-stained maiden. A brief sigh escapes her lips, releasing the build-up of emotions that are lodged in her heart.

You're stupid. Unworthy. Alone. None of this should come as a surprise to you. You barely speak with the log; why are you getting all worked-up over nothing? Because she is jealous, regardless of her refusal to admit her admiration. Even if she cannot see the answer for herself, perhaps she will realize it one day. For now, though, she has a distraction to address.

An invasive stare scours over the mare's feathered hide, and she deems the stranger worthy of knowing her name. "I am Bellona. And who might you be?" Taking note of her height and the width of her shoulders, the bird decides to proceed without her usual condescending tone. Just by the looks of her battle-weary hide, this creature has earned the respect of many, and if not, she has silenced them. Somewhere deep within the rainbow specimen a similar feeling plants its seed.

"You look hardened, mare. I would be an idiot not to extend an invitation to you." A cruel smile widens her lips. Unbeknownst to the purple lady, she is actually trying to be friendly. Her brusque attitude can claim its victory for that. "But I am certainly no idiot. Of course, you must desire something before an offer can be made. Is a home what you desire? Allies, perhaps?" Orange pools flicker as the last of her words slip through her mouth. Can the gray detect the colored's interest in her?

The malignant vixen allows her words to settle inside her dappled head. Another glance over the hefty woman's body solidifies the Chieftess' opinion of her. Has she found another maiden with her lust for blood? Looks can be deceiving. You are strong. But are you smart? If she picks up on the bird's suggestive words, then the giantess just might be.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

{Welcome to Helovia! @[Meriwether]
BellonA
breathing life into battered bones
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
Jahzara

'Are you positive you can find your way back, Lady Jahzara? You know what happens when you wander!' The annoying squawk of the golden vixen's hallucination pestered in her ear, perched on her neck and bouncing with each step. "I'll be fine, Archie. Stop being a worry-wart!" With a bit of frustration, Jahzara shook out her mane to jostle the tropical bird around in an attempt to make him disappear. If only others could see her hallucinations. Watching him bounce about with his wings outstretched in a desperate attempt to hang on was quite a sight. "Go away, I promise if I get lost you can say 'I told you so.'" Jahzara mocked, giggling as her adviser finally gave up and dissipated.

Jahzara was not alone for long, at least not her mind's eye. As soon as the tropical bird had left, her favorite illusion began to waddle along beside her. 'What are you even doing back here, Jay?' The voice of the purple spotted pony spoke in words that only the golden vixen could hear clear as day. "Well, Kahlua's been really nice to me. And the World's Edge has been a wonderful home so far...Even if I haven't met everyone yet. There isn't much I can do to help out, but maybe I can find new people to join!" Jahzara spoke with cheerful tone, filled with a childlike excitement that most horses her age outgrew. Lily gave an understanding nod, smiling up at her friend as she trotted along beside her. It wasn't too long before the pair heard a voice echoing through the trees, just barely catching the end portion of what was being said. Something about a home and allies? 'Sounds like you're in luck, Jay. Let's go see...'

They only had to weave past a handful of more trees before spotting a pair of winged horses before them...Winged!? Jahzara came to a sudden halt, almost instantly becoming slack-jawed and wide-eyed as she stared at the pair. Never before had she seen such creatures. (After all, she had not been in World's Edge long enough to learn about pegasi or unicorns, having only met fellow equines.) Even Lily stopped short for a minute, looking back to Jahzara with curiosity. 'Uh, ever seen them before?' The arabian cross shook her crown, these hallucinations must be new. Perhaps the new environment triggered them?

Jahzara tried hard to compose herself, but she took a step forward without even a second thought. "Wow..." She stared fondly at their massive wings, particularly the brightly colored, multi-hued mare. "You're so...pretty. I've never imagined anything like you before." Oh poor, naive Jahzara. She offered a friendly smile as she circled around the pair, first around the peahen and then again around the battle-scarred grey. "You're huge...You must be really strong!" She meant well, not trying to insult the darker colored mare by any means. Just like a yearling though, Jahzara often stated the obvious without too much a filter. And indeed, to Jahzara, the mare towered over her at almost a full three hand difference. The strange hallucination was a beast compared to the fragile frame of the arabian cross. And she was monstrous compared to the tiny Lily.

Lily watched the horses of flight, boldly wandering up to them to introduce herself. After all, fellow hallucinations were always free to communicate with her! 'Hello there, ladies. The name's Lily, welcome to the gang!' Lily stepped up to the colorful mare, reaching out with her purple muzzle to touch her fellow illusion...Or so she thought. Thoroughly expecting to bump the peahen's leg, Lily was certainly caught off gaurd when she went through the vixen! Logically, no one else could see, hear or feel the pony other than Jahzara or other hallucinations. So when Lily's muzzle swept through the mare's leg as though she was nothing more than wind, it's not surprising that her reaction was a little...Dramatic. 'HOLY SHI-SHI-SHE'S REAL!' The sudden outburst caused Jahzara to jerk her head around, eyes somehow even wider now. "Real? You...You're real?"

Jahzara turned her crown to let her healthy brown eye study them more closely. While Lily was having her own little panic attack, frantically trying her damnedest to 'touch' colorful pegasus to no avail, Jahzara absentmindedly stretched her neck out towards the dappled mare's wing. "How can that be?" She asked allowed, more to herself as she attempted to touch the feathers in disbelief, as though to disprove Lily. 'She can't be real! She's a bigger rainbow-butt than I am!' Who ever would have thought that the purple pony would have the bigger over-reaction?

"Speech."
'Hallucinations'

Walking On Air
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Unregistered

M E R I W E T H E R

Meriwether couldn’t deny that this place she stumbled upon held a lot of beauty and grandeur. Sure, the Imperial Keep had its own sense of charm, as far as cold stone castles go, though never had the mare seen such brilliant shades of color as the ones that claim the Threshold in Orangemoon. Billows of illusionary warmth covered the trees as if they were set a flame. Golden rays of sunshine rested upon her dirty pelt, mimicking the fiery tree’s warmth. It was almost peaceful, almost.

Ears perked forward at the sound of an approaching stranger, while the mare’s golden orbs scanned her surroundings. It wasn’t long until they fell upon a rather exotic looking creature, which appeared from the foliage. Remaining rather stoic, Meri’s eyes traced the outline of the proud elegant woman, that appeared to be dipped in a rainbow and covered with plumage, her wings floated gracefully behind her as if she was wearing a cape, giving the notion that she was in the presence of a warrior princess, or a leader of some importance. It was about the time when the peahen’s scour met her gaze, Meri’s blank expression faltered, giving a critical stare right back at the multi-hued mare before her. She exhaled, gaze much like a predator, cold and unnerving.

"Good day, Bellona. My name is Meriwether." The once more stone faced mare responded rather unemotionally, shifting her mighty muscles. She fought ever urge to circle around the mare, like a vulture would do to its prey, for she was not in the mood to fight, to kill, or wage war against whatever flock of peacocks this vixen came from….and honestly, Meri was rather impressed by the multicolored chieftess and wanted to know a bit more about her but as usual despite her curiosity, her features were nothing more than a blank face, cold and unfeeling. She would not do anything to instigate this mare and she would not give her the satisfaction of being somewhat impressed by her either. The herculean mare stood before her, head lowered in supplication to bid her a greeting.

Just as soon as Meri talked herself out of a fight or flight response with the rainbowy vixen, a voice shout out from within the trees, whose notes carried into the crisp and cool air. It’s source, a babbling, delicate, sunkissed mare dipped in snow. Meri grinned on the inside but alas, as usual, her only facial expression was that of an unpleasant military general. Perhaps it was the innocence of this mare before her and the small speck of hope that somewhere in Meri’s mind, that whatever business Bellona had with her would prove to be greatly beneficial to her. The battle-scared mare peered down at the little filly before her. "Yes, I am strong, are you lost?" Meri spoke trying not to to be so emotionless and unfeeling. She stood with her head held high as her honor and breathed out deeply, slowly looking the two over again before feeling a poke at her side. With no, hesitation and a raised brow the militant mare’s crown lowered towards Jahzara purposefully invading her personal space. "How can what be? What is your name?" She wasn't trying to frighten the little palomino but rather assure herself this wasn't a distraction for an ambush by the mighty rainbow birds.

ooc notes: Thank yoou, @[Bellona]! :D
words: 559

Actions.
'Thoughts.'
"Speech."

Hidden Account
Whereas before the maiden was appreciative of her company, her hardened face now drips with disgust. A suggestive smile sinks into a frown, and blue lips are pressed together to convey her distaste for the filly. The much larger pegasus appears to be tolerating the rather air-headed young thing, but the Chieftess cares only for the giantess. She is an asset; the golden girl is a problem. Before the little vixen had questioned the Aztec's state of existence she had been doing so well with the flattery. It really is a shame.

The sun's radiant beams reflect off of her rainbow hide, adding to the fierce woman's glamour, but the rays are not nearly as bright as the glare given off by her eye. Anger fuels the flames inside each of them as she stares the filly down. "Of course I am real." Her tone is crisp, and as hardened as her gaze. "What makes you think I am not?" A green shoulder leans into a tree that stands next to the seething beauty. Orange eyes flutter closed as she relieves an itch from the joint of her wings, but are immediately focused on the lass when she has finished. The nonchalant gesture is meant to provide a false sense of comfort for the mares gathered before her, but there is a message nestled inside her actions. The cunning bird is merely preparing for a battle best left to words. Clearly the little fawn has approached them for a reason, and should it to be to claim the militaristic vixen for herself then she had another thing coming.

As outraged as she is towards the dimensionally-confused wench, the vibrant peahen does her best to keep her tongue from saying something she will regret. Instead of doing what her instinct is telling to her to do -- which is to chase the imaginative filly off and be done with it -- she resorts to playing off the lavender's reaction to her. "Yes, what is your name? If you are indeed lost, I could always offer my home to you, as well." Although her belly churns at the idea of bringing the golden girl back as well, the hybrid deems it a worthy sacrifice if only to earn the dappled's trust. "I reside in the Hidden Falls, where I serve as a spy. Should you wish to accompany me there, it is only a short journey North of this wood."

{Short and sort of poopy, I'm sorry. @[Jahzara]
BellonA
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!

Hidden Account
Xyroca
Jahzara

Jahzara beamed up at the dark grey's friendliness, a giggle escaping her lips as she was asked whether or not she was lost. Lily, having nearly gotten whiplash from her desperate attempts at touching the colorful pegasus, gave up and retreated to the palomino's side while panting. Offering a smile to the peahen, Jahzara attempted to explain herself. "Forgive me, I've just never seen anyone that looks like you before. Either of you. Where I came from, winged horses were of myths and legends...I can see Lily, and she is purple, but I understand that no one else can see her. Therefore, I thought you two might be a part of my imagination as well." The vixen felt the blood rush to her cheeks with embarrassment, realizing how ridiculous she must sound to the strangers.

"My name is Jahzara, and I am not lost. But thank you." The mare's ears flicked forward with curiosity as Bellona spoke of her home, however she was a little bit thrown off by her words. While Jahzara was still learning about the other lands, and clearly learning about other types of horses, she was surprised to hear the peahen speak of her...position. Without processing how her words might offend the other mare, Jahzara blurted out the first thing that came to mind. "Oh my, you must not be a very good spy then, running around telling people you've just met that you are one." Lily nodded in agreement, a brow raised with disbelief. 'Yeah, she must draw enough attention as it is with that rainbow hide. I feel sorry for the Hidden Falls'

Returning her attention to Meriwether after her unintentional insult, Jahzara further explained why she was in the Threshold. "As I said, I'm not lost. I live in the World's Edge, I was here myself not too long ago. My Queen, Kahlua found me and offered me a wonderful home there! Everyone has been very kind, and the land is beautiful. Everyone seems to have a place where they belong there, a job of sorts. Like her with being a 'spy'." She tossed her head in Bellona's direction without looking away from the dappled. "I...I don't have much skill. But I wanted to help, so I've come to help other equines like Kahlua helped me! If she was willing to help me out, I'm sure she would love to welcome you as well."

"Speech."
'Hallucinations'

Walking On Air
Image Credit

Unregistered

M E R I W E T H E R

Dipping her crown, a deep breath escaped her nares. Her toasted golden eyes veered slowly at Jay and then to Bellona, watching the two figures as they spoke. Gone were the days spent responsibly stacking out the political fields, making plans and setting them into motion. All Meri was left with now was measuring up opponents and possible allies in a strange and unfamiliar place. Without her home there was no stability in her rather reckless life. “I see, good to see you aren’t lost then, Jahzara.” Meri responded slightly amused. That was of course before the stone sentinel that stood in front of them eye’s almost popped out of her head at the palomino’s remarks towards Bellona being a spy. It took every ounce of her being to keep from laughing out loud and in order to regain herself Meri cleared her throat, flicked her ears forward, and held her head high in dignity and overwhelming pride for her accomplishments of keeping a straight face.

Her moist lips twitched as the war-veteran mulled over her options. Meriwether didn’t know if she could trust Bellona or if she’d just be used like some pawn in a game of chess and as far as Jahzara went, well she didn’t know if this herd actually existed. For all she knew the mare dreamt up the whole encounter with Kahlua and lives with a bunch of imaginary friends, in the land of wallawallabingbang. Both living arrangements had their share of downfalls but it would beat the solitude she encountered day in and day out. She needed to hear what made their herds the right pick.

“May I ask, why is it you want me to join you?” Meriwether’s question was hastily spoken towards Bellona, but held plenty of bite. She stomped her foot on the soft ground and where once would be a rippling effect of noise was nothing more than a thud into the dirt. The herculean mare’s brow furrowed lightly before turning back to Jahzara trying to solidify that she was indeed part of a herd and not one just made up in her head. “Kahlua you say? I see… and would I be of use in this herd? Forgive me but you aren’t making your position up are you?” Meri said bluntly she hated to doubt the mare but she had to know for sure. Meri adjusted her stance into that of a perfect soldier and awaited a response.

ooc notes: That was not poopy xD this post was poopy! @[Bellona]
words: 559

Actions.
'Thoughts.'
"Speech."

Hidden Account
The maiden's pools seem to flash a much bloodier color when the equine's comment has been processed. The shimmering cape draped across her back shifts, transforming a beautiful display of feathers into a more threatening one. A blue crown raises as the tendrils do likewise, and the mare's stare is hardened no more. Two blazing suns bear down on the talkative girl as her lips part in a warning, trying to melt her golden hide with their intensity before piercing her with her words.

"I think that you are very, very lost, little lamb." She is cold in her rage despite the two flames that burn in her eyes. "And if a lamb is lost, is she not also hunted?" The bird's face reveals no emotion as she takes a step forward, driving her heel into the dirt in one powerful (yet constrained) motion. Delicate harks are aimed towards the fool, frozen in place and unyielding to the lavender's questions. The only acknowledgement of the unclaimed's words is a flick of a green tail in her direction. Responding to the militant mare is of the highest priority, yes, but for now the peahen has business to attend to.

"Should the little lamb like to leave with her head still intact, I suggest getting lost else where." At this the cruel maiden makes her move, reaching out with her teeth in a quick jerk of her head. It isn't her intention to actually harm the girl; all that she aims to do is scare her a little. As much as the warrior yearns to do such a thing, it isn't polite to kill someone in the presence of strangers. Yet if the bird can have her way, something will be done about the dreamer's intrusion later.

Recoiling from her assault the peahen dances backwards in a rush of feathers, swinging her wings forwards to try and hold the palomino off should she dare return the favor. Not that that would happen. A wicked smile erupts across her face at the thought of her pitiful counterstrike. She barely knows this individual, and yet she still feels capable of making such an assumption. It's not as if the Chieftess is the one who is hallucinating; her authority is real, after all.

Once the vixen has made her departure from what she thinks is Jahzara's range, she finally returns the giantess' gaze and forgets the golden entirely. Sunset hues search sunrise ones as the devil's lips consider what to say. It takes only a moment of hesitation before the silver-tongued woman has made up her mind, and she proceeds with a much friendlier tone than when she addressed the equine. "I want you to join me because in you, I see potential. In her I see only waste. You are no such thing, for you are a true warrior at heart. Do you think that you can hide that from me with kind words and pleasantries? Each scar of yours is a triumph, and if not a victory than a lesson. Judging by the number of them, I know that you are fierce. Your stance tells me that you are disciplined. And your words reveal that you are cunning."

Enough of the compliments, just get to the part where you win her over. "You know that I want you for something, and you are not so stupid as to come with me without asking." The colorful creature may give off the impression that she is a poor spy at best, but her observations of the lavender have proven her to be quite the opposite. One learns to pay close attention to detail when one cannot traipse around unnoticed. "And it is because of your strength and intelligence that I have chosen you. If not for my herd, then for me." Come with me, Meriwether, and let us see just what we can do together.

Although the maiden has chosen her, she does not trust the juggernaut just yet. She has captured the peahen's attention, yes, but she has not yet earned her respect. It is not as if she has set foot on the wrong path for that, either. "If you come North with me, I can promise you that you will not regret it." Oh, yes, this one is a clever girl, but she is not the smartest one here. The spy is careful about giving out information, and informing this potential comrade of her plans for future is not in the 'free for use' category.

{Sorry Xyroca D: She kinda took the reins.} @[Meriwether]
BellonA
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!

Hidden Account
Xyroca
Jahzara

As the air grew tense and heavy with the peahen's change in demeanor, Jahzara's nerves started to get the better of her. Feeling the larger beauty's burning gaze, she flicked her auds back in apprehension, instinctively taking a step back when Bellona stepped forward. Her mouth began to dry, the moisture on her tongue fading away as quickly as her courage. "I-I told you, I'm not lost..." Her voice cracked as she tried to retaliate, but her words were barely audible as she looked sheepishly to the ground for a moment. 'Watch out!' Lily warned at the sudden movement in Jahzara's peripheral vision, causing the arabian cross to look up with a start.

Quickly she stumbled backwards to avoid the peahen's teeth, positioning herself in such a way that her good eye could watch her, while her scarred, blind side was facing Meriwether. A startled gasp escaped her lips as she jumped, and if the dappled grey was not mindful, Jahzara would tumble right into her massive wing by accident. Lily vanished from her mind's eye, melting into the air like smoke. The golden darling did not just stop out of Bellona's range, rather, she continued to scoot backwards until she has place Meriwether between them. Sheepishly she poked her head around the much larger mare to eye Bellona, listening as she tried to convince Meriwether to follow her.

"Big bully! I have just as much right here as you do." Jahzara blurted out with a burst of courage, interesting how hiding behind a massive warrior could suddenly boost one's audacity. Quickly she ducked back in case the other mare decided to snap once more, lips tugging downward with distaste at the thought of the grey mare following her. If Meriwether decided to join Bellona, then certainly neither of these mares would be the kind she would want back in World's Edge anyways. But she couldn't just give up? Could she? No, she didn't want her new home to be disappointed in her efforts. And more than ever, Jahzara wanted to prove to herself that she could be of value to a herd. Just like she was before she was attacked in her youth...

Feigning whatever ounce of bravery she could, Jahzara raised her dished muzzle proudly, if not stubbornly. She puffed her chest out to the best of her ability, though her delicate frame was far from intimidating. In fact, it was nearly amusing to see her try to hold her ground, especially when one could still see the lack of courage in her eyes. She may have been foolish, but at the very least, Jahzara was determined. She cleared her throat when the peahen finished speaking before answering Meriwether herself.

Jahzara's voice was quiet, but she spoke with honesty and kindness. "If the World's Edge could find me of use, I am most positive that you could be of use to the herd. The most obvious would be a protector, but you are not limited by your strength. There are all kinds of positions available. Like crafters, and philosophers! Whatever interests you." Quickly she turned her crown to offer another timid smile up at the mare, only for just a moment until she returned her nervous gaze to Bellona. Jahzara was caught off guard when asked whether or not she was making up her position, raising a brow for a moment as she was insulted herself. "Believe it or not, but usually I know the difference between reality and my schizophrenia..." She muttered with a snort. "If I was making it up, don't you think I would imagine a more desirable rank than a common mare?"

With that, Jahzara decided to let the mare come to her own decision. Should Meriwether decide to follow Bellona, she would not hold it against her. After all, Bellona was more...Her kind? She was strong, tough, and was also a pegasus. Jahzara was...Well, Jahzara. But at least no one could say she didn't try.

"Speech."
'Hallucinations'

OOC: No worries, I kinda figured Bel would react that way, lol.

Walking On Air
Image Credit

Unregistered

M E R I W E T H E R

Meri stood silently watching the events unfold before her, with a snort she gestured the little sunkissed equine to her side, quickly lifting her wing up just in time to avoid a collision with the backwards stumbling mare. The Peahen continued to speak as if she was offended, but Meriwether dismissed her and thrust herself forcefully between the two. The veteran calmly brought herself back into alignment, straightening herself out and presenting herself as an experienced soldier and leader. Her ears tugged forward just in time to listen to the rainbow vixen’s warning toward Jahzara and so she casted a quick glance back at the sunkissed mare before a towering glare aimed viciously and mercilessly at Bellona.

”Clearly you seem threated by this mare, Bellona. Which surprises me; I wouldn’t think a respectable warrior such as yourself would be so insecure.” She exhaled out slowly; looking the peahen over like a snake did his mouse. The multihued mare’s response to Jahzara’s antics disappointed Meri, while she saw great strength and wisdom; she also saw immaturity and arrogance. As far as pride was concerned there was a very distinct difference between being proud and being arrogant. In her life she has seen the destruction arrogance can cause, her kingdom was almost destroyed by it; an all-powerful and respectable leader succumbed to a life of greed, theft, and hatred. No, arrogance had no place in her life, not anymore and she did not want to watch the same thing happen to Bellona. The peahen walked a much to fine line between the two. ”It’s true we could be great allies, and perhaps one day. Side by side we could accomplish a lot but I have a strict code of right and wrong. Although it is not everyone’s code it’s my only sense of justice. I am a silent leader on a warpath or at least I once was and you are as cunning as you are intelligent. Should you need my services, I would be inclined to help you, so long as you prove to me you are not self-destructive.” She commanded, testing the peahen. Her words were not meant to offend and so it would be interesting to see how she responded to the rejection and although part of her wanted to go with the colorful creature she had to be sure in her abilities.

The mare’s crown remained forward, not giving Jahzara even the slightest twitch of her ear until she blurted out her right to claim Meri. The veteran had to admit, this girl had guts. ”Be respectful Jahzara, do not taunt the warrior; a panicked face makes the peacock proud.” She stated loudly, attempting to teach the palomino mare a lesson. As she listened to her talk about the World’s Edge the militant mare made no apologies for doubting the girl’s authenticity of her herd, but respectfully dipped her crown in the mare’s direction. “For now, I will come with you.” She decreed in a stony voice, making sure to stay positioned between the two. Meriwether stopped her hoof on the ground, a few inches from Jahzara’s dainty legs. The birds in the trees grew silent.

”I am a creature of my word, Bellona.” What exactly the battle-scared Veteran meant by that was up for anyone’s interpretation. She had hoped the colorful vixen would take it as a promise as opposed to a threat of some kind but the militant mare did not explain herself. It was decided that she was going to go with Jahzara, if not to join her heard then most certainly to protect her. She had a big heart and strong emotions, a dangerous combo if anyone were to ask Meri’s opinion. With a toss of her head, bits of her voluminous forelock shifted over her golden eyes. ”Let’s go Jahzara, I could use some rest.” The warrior stated. There was no room for any negotiation by the chill and rocky tone of her voice.

tags: @[Bellona]!
ooc notes: This was a TOUGH decision! D: Meri really does like Bellona! XD and so do I!
words: 670

Actions.
'Thoughts.'
"Speech."

Hidden Account
A look of incredulity wipes away the bird's sneer. She may still be ecstatic from the golden girl's reaction, but she cannot say the same for the gorgon's own response. Why are you shielding her away from me? The malignant vixen had expected Meriwether to join in with her game of wolf and lamb, and she had never thought that the giant would do this. Blue ears flicker back as a dished face peers from behind the lavender's bulky frame. Even after frightening her, the lamb still dares to insult her, though her words do little damage against the peahen's colorful armor. It is the pegasus' words that truly wound her spirit. I thought that we had come to some sort of understanding, you and I. Apparently the Aztec had thought wrong, but the mare’s last words give her hope.

"You say that you see me, Meriwether, but I know that you do not. If you had looked carefully then it would not have been insecurity that you saw, but ferocity instead. I will not have my status lowered by the insults of some child. Certainly a maiden who bears such a hardened frame would have known the distaste that I felt." The Chieftess has no skills in the area of friendly banter, but when it comes to defending herself she claims the highest title. Her words are not meant to bite back at the winged guard, but to provide a reason for her actions with a firm tongue. The bird's reference to the muscular tones of her architecture are not meant to offend her, but to remind her of the unkind words that others may have once delivered. Of course the beauty cannot know this for certain, and perhaps she has just made herself out to be a fool. Regardless of the damage that she may have dealt, the Aztec regards the lavender's hard edges with admiration. If only you had come with me.

As if to affirm this -- and in ignorance of the child's words -- a bold voice states, "We are of the same breed, you and I. Perhaps not in bloodlines, but certainly in spirit. I must agree with you; there is much we can accomplish in the company of each other." You may not be leaving this place with me today, but you will remember this conversation. It is the hybrid’s hope that the lavender will regard her words with as much as certainty as she says them now. "Should you yearn for a much more suitable companion you need only go North."

A quick bow is delivered from one warrior to another, and then the iridescident woman shifts her wings. As the bird prepares herself for flight, her wicked mind remembers that there is another in their presence. A cruel stare seeks out her sun-kissed coat as much less appreciative words fall from her lips. "Just as Meriwether is a creature of her word, so am I. Should the lamb find herself lost again, the wolf has found her hunger." A smile lacking in laughter but full of something darker adorns her blue face as she turns.

The sound of her hooves against the ground is deafening in comparison to the silence of the forest. The lack of noise makes the world seem hollow, and the retreating peahen seeks to fill it with her song. A loud fwip of her wings as she opens them, a dull thud of her legs as she leaves the ground. She is as passionate in her flight as she is in her battle, and soon the bird will be home. Luckily for the two mares that she has encountered, the short-tempered woman will not be returning with their heads.

{Bellona is out. If either of you would like a thread with her later, or perhaps a spar, I am getting Bel healed and then hatching her egg.
BellonA
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!