the Rift

[PRIVATE] Flirting with Disaster

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull
You could get used to this. Mouth full of sun-warmed grass, your teeth work vigorously, delivering your meal to an ever-enthusiastic stomach. Life is sweet, all right. And it’s not just the abundance of food here that has you feeling as satisfied as an overstuffed stallion can possibly feel. It’s the sun on your back, this haven in the sky, and oh, the ladies. Can you even begin to describe the ladies?

Hastily, you swallow, and raise your head hopefully, scanning the empty field. It’s actually quite picturesque, and the grub is good. Not to mention, you’re in it. Maybe someone will decide that it’s the perfect spot for her breakfast too? You wouldn’t mind that. Ever since you and Bellona parted ways, you’ve been busy, exploring the island, but now…you find yourself itching for a little female company. You’re antsy, you know? Abruptly abandoning your breakfast, you wander into the center of the meadow. You kick at a root, prance in place, swat at a horsefly, and wait for something to happen.

But patience has never been your strong suit, and anyway, how will those pretty girls come flocking if they don’t even know where you are? You point your muzzle to the sky and let loose a loud series of whinnies. Your obnoxious display is sure to be a disturbance to anyone in the vicinity, but you’re rather pleased with your mating call. If that doesn’t bring them running, you really don’t know what will. Ears pricked, you remain on alert, surveying the trees and sky.

@[Cirrus]

trouble just grew wings
Image Credit
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
C
I
R
R
U
S
The island in the sky is much as it was the first time I came here. I'm not sure what brought me back - perhaps it was the sense of belonging to a place without actually having to belong, the ability to join in an activity without having to commit to my fellows.. Was it cowardly of me? I longed for their acceptance, and yet I could not outwardly request it - I longed for their attention, their approval, and yet I did nothing to earn it. I could not venture to the very borders of their herdland, for that would assuredly gain their attention - but wasn't that what I wanted?

I sighed, as my cerulean gaze roamed over the edge of the island, looking decidedly south, over the volcanic smokiness of the Veins and onto the pristine beaches that edged my former home. I knew there were those who would recognise me still living there, but did they still know me? Would they want to?

Another sigh drips from my darkened lips. I begin to walk, my head low, my lips snatching at the grass which grows upon this mysterious cloudy loam. It does little to fill the hole within me. My fractured soul aches with your absence, and like I do every day of my sad, lonely existence, I wish once more that you were beside me, that your wise, comforting voice was speaking to my very soul, that you were here to guide me once again. But you aren't.

I am broken from my sad reverie by what could only be described as the sound of some poor creature dying. My ears prick but then bounce down to hide amongst my dark tresses, my tiara darting about as I try to spot whomever it is ruining the peaceful happenings of this island. A stallion, doing everything possible to make himself noticed, comes into view, and my sapphire kissed eyes roll in their sockets before returning to study the loam between my forelegs. I keep walking, shuffling my wings by my side, praying to avoid any social interaction this day - somehow I knew I wasn't going to be so lucky.

@[Gull]
Image Credit
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Gull Posts: 120
    Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
    Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
    Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
    Gull
    Sure enough, the whinnying did the trick! You knew that they wouldn’t be able to resist. Your eyes light up as a winged mare comes into view, graceful and—wait a minute…! The eyes that had already been so busy now go into overdrive, ping-ponging back and forth between the lady and the sky. Is that…? Is she…? She’s wearing the sky! Ever the master of subtlety, your mouth falls open. You’ve got to admit, you’ve noticed the magic in this place (after all, you were just eating breakfast on a floating island), but this! Who knew that there would be creatures like this here?

Though you may be shocked, you’re still an obnoxious catcaller first and foremost. What can only be described as instinct kicks in, and you hear yourself calling, “Hey sunshine! Beautiful day, isn’t it?” Your own joke hits you (for you’ve belatedly noticed the image of the sun riding proudly on her blue hide), and a raucous caw of laughter peals out as you trot towards her. Look at you, being funny without even trying! You’re already congratulating yourself for your unintentional wit.

Unfortunately for you, Cirrus probably won’t appreciate this intrusion into her quiet morning, but at this point, your sense of discernment is even worse than the terrible joke you just made. No caution nor polite sense of privacy encumbers your gait as you make your way over, puffing out your chest and ruffling your feathers. “How’re you doing, Sunshine? Name’s Gull,” you simultaneously ask and inform.

OOC: Sorry for the wait! And oh goodness, Gull’s even annoying me XD

@[Cirrus]

trouble just grew wings
    Image Credit
    Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!