the Rift

[OPEN] Mental Disarray

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
Jahzara

Nothing. A rare bit of quiet for the golden vixen that she hardly ever was granted, for she was almost always lost in her imagination and conversing with her hallucinations. However, this evening was one of the unusual nights where her schizophrenia was silenced and her mind was free to actually think about things. Even the temptation of following her butterflies was gone. Jahzara was taking advantage of the peaceful moment by exploring, never knowing just how long it would last before she was forced to give in to the mental disarray that was her life. Wandering was nothing new for her, some would say that deep down, she held a nomadic heart. But one you suffered through as much as she had in her youth, would you not want to always keep moving? Would you not want to constantly change your position, never give your past a chance to catch up to you?

That was one problem with her hallucinations lying dormant and Jahzara being free to think. Every now and then, memories of her past caught up to her. As she slowly walked through the Thistle Meadow, crunching through drying grass and thistles, she tried to distract herself by her surroundings. She was hardly phased by the scratching of the thistle prickles on her delicate legs, having gone through worse pain before. It was more of a minor nuisance than a pain. The large moon cast a lovely glow over the land, guiding her towards a red oak tree whose leaves had already begun to fall. Stepping beneath it's large branches, the golden mare allowed herself the chance to relax. Keeping her blind side towards the tree, she let the weight of her body lean on it's trunk, relaxing a hoof as she looked up through the branches to the moonlight sporadically breaking through the remaining leaves.

Jahzara began to wonder what ever happened to her foal, Kiros Amadi, the product of being attacked by Laughing Corpse in her previous home. If it were not for her son, she never would have been granted the freedom to leave. By the time he was a yearling, he had become LC's heir, and asked for one wish. To allow Jahzara a chance to be happy, a chance to live freely rather than a prisoner. Surprisingly, the old stallion agreed and let her go. Kiros had chosen to stay, but Jahzara realized that she more than likely owed him her life. She wondered if they were able to see the same moonlight, no matter how many miles they were from each other. "I love you, Kiros...Thank you..." She whispered to the wind, emitting the last words that she had ever told her son.

With a heavy sigh, Jahzara shuffled her weight and tucked her legs beneath her to lay down. This land was so peaceful, quiet, and welcoming. It seemed that Helovia was a land that she was always meant to find. Perhaps...Just maybe, the butterfly hallucinations were truly her sacred spirit guides, having led her all the way here. Granted, that was a lot of assumption to put on a land that she had only seen very little of to date. Jahzara was learning so much every day, and truth be told she would probably never stop learning.

Softly, albeit awkwardly while laying down, she shook out her mane to ride herself of any lingering debris. Allowing the length of her forelock to fall over the left side of her muzzle, she covered her blind and scarred eye as she grew self-conscious regarding her appearance. Usually appearance was the last thing that concerned her, however on nights without hallucinations was when the vixen most acted her age. A young mare, having once been chased by numerous colts as a filly, now trying to hardest to at least considering herself pretty once again. Hiding her facial scars was one of the easiest attempts she could do, though she could not cover the less prominent ones on her flanks or her torn ear. Somewhat satisfied with herself, Jahzara lifted her healthy brown gaze to the moon once more.

Kahlua spoke of the Moon Goddess, and how she came to the seer of World's Edge. This sparked curiosity in the mare. Jahzara could not help but try to imagine what the Moon Goddess looked like, she must be truly remarkable...

OOC: Open to any, but especially to those who posted in her plot thread to meet her!

"Speech."
'Hallucinations'

Walking On Air
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

This is the first time that I've left this new home - the Basin - since entering Helovia. Padding out through the entrance to the herd land, past the Sentinels, my toes dig into the cold soil that stays dark, even in the moonlight. I've wandering, not paying much attention to where I'm going. Nothing that goes bump in the night has caught my attention, being nothing more than ordinary nocturnal creatures. The days and nights are getting cooler, and my winter coat is growing in; longer, thicker hairs the shorter, sleeker ones. I exhale, and I see steam rise up in front of my eyes. But beyond that short-sighted view, is some body that lies in the meadow that I have found myself strolling through.

I crouch down in the meadow, amongst the thistle. My eyes reflect the light of the moon - if you dare to look my way. But this thing in the grasses doesn't yet notice my presence. I'm not close enough to be seen by the average eyes of an equine. Unless it has been blessed with night vision, it will have not spotted me quite yet. I sneak closer, masking my shape with the thistles. The scent that wafts toward me is that of a female. Immediately I feel more at ease. My young mind is predisposed to enjoy the company of females more than males, trusting them more. I creep as silently as I can, and finding myself close to the female - a few feet?, I finally rise from my cover.

"Good evening," I speak softly, barely above a whisper. I won't eat her, I think. Otherwise would I have not already pounced? Though I find my stomach rumbling at the thought of food, I'm more interested in who she is. She does not smell like those in the Basin. So, better to learn. I am not cruel; I do not play with my food before I eat it. If she isn't already dead, then she won't be, at least tonight.

WC: 335
Tag: @[Jahzara]

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Hidden Account
Xyroca
"Tell Me Something Sweet To Get Me By"

Jahzara was so lost in her thoughts that she paid little to no attention to the rustles of the dry thistles around her, attributing them to the wind playing with the leaves. But as a voice whispered to her, Jahzara dropped her thoughtful stare down towards the greeting, suddenly freezing as she realized that the voice belonged to a cat. A big cat. Larger than any cougar she had ever seen. Immediately her heart began pounding faster and faster, pumping blood frantically as her breathing became rapid. Still she stood frozen, but the sides of her barrel began to rise quickly, nares flaring as her breathing became labored. The ‘fight or flight’ instinct seemed to have a delayed trigger, purely locked up in her fear like a deer in headlights.

Suddenly, one distant voice broke through the silence of her mind. Though her schizophrenia seemed to be at rest for the evening, one of the voice’s of her visions broke through to try and give her some common sense. ’Run, Jahzara! Run! A flashback of fangs, claws and tawny fur raced through her mind, a memory of the first traumatic event of her past. Finally, her muscles caught up with the hallucinations voiced, and the golden vixen attempted to turn on her heel and run. Instead of a chance at freedom, she was met with bark as she realized she was cornered by the tree. Desperately she scrambled to press herself as far away from the cat as she possible good, the effects of a full blown panic attack setting in.

Her breathing became so frantic she was at risk of hyperventilating, and tears began to well up in her eyes as she began to plead with the tigeress. Jahzara was not able to comprehend that the big cat did not mean her any harm, she did not have the mental capacity to understand that the predator was actually trying to talk to her. All she could do was begin to cry as she shut her eyes tightly, rubbing her face against the bark in any way to soothe herself from the traumatic memory. All she saw were the panthers that tried to kill her in her youth, the ones that left all the scars upon her. “Please, please, please…Don’t hurt me…Please, please…Please don’t eat me…” Why did she have to wander from the herd? Why was it that the first time she wandered alone in the main portion of Helovia, a TIGERESS had to be the first to find her?

"Talking"
JAHZARA
Image Credit

Lauren
The fae is terrified. Absolutely, entirely terrified. At first, she can barely move, but then she tries desperately, and in vain, to escape me. A tree blocks her first escape path. I swear, I didn't plant that there. I watch with masked amusement as she backs away, trying to escape but clearly not able to think clearly enough to find a safe path. And then, what is just pathetic, is she starts to beg for her life. Pleading with the terror of one who sees her life flashing before her eyes. I make a face of disgust. I do not like spending my time listening to such pathetic beings. But then, such is the prey animal. I would never beg. Ever. But, I am a tiger. She is a simpleton, as most equines are. I sigh, my amusement vanishing like a puff of smoke.

"Please, do not waste my time with your pitiful attempts to appeal to my better nature." I speak coldly, my eyes offering no solace for the panicking mare. "I am not here to eat you. If I were, I'd have begun already." I huff, and resettle myself. I'd better be comfortable if I'm going to have to sit here through her blathering. Here I am, trying to be polite, and she just panics. I don't have time for madness like this. A paw rises to my lips and I lick it, beginning to bathe myself. I can always just wait until she calms down before I try to engage her in conversation again. I'd like to know more about this frail-minded individual. At least her name and where she lives would be nice. I need to know the scent that she is covered in. What herd is she from? Illynx said stay away from those in the World's Edge, but I don't know what they smell like different from any others. If she can identify herself, I'll know if she is the smell of those I should not eat, or if she is one that I am allowed to... taste.

WC: 344

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hidden Account
Xyroca

Jahzara could hardly even hear the words of the tigress, her panic attack preventing her from quickly processing much of anything. While her panicked pleas began to shift into muffled sobs, her entire body trembling against the tree, she slowly began to realize that the predator hadn’t made an attack. Why? Slowly, Jahzara tried to find the courage to open her eyes. Through her tears, she could make out the blurred image of the tigeress grooming herself. “Wha-what?” She sniffled, blinking away the salty water as her body grew exhausted from the energy wasting on her ptitiful attempts at trying to climb up the tree. Still shaking, her legs gave out and she slumped to the ground, still eying the orange cat fearfully. “Why?” ’Jahzara, don’t be stupid! Thank your lucky stars that she is NOT attacking you!’ One of the voices hissed at her, still not appearing visually to her mind’s eye.

“I’m sorry, I just…” Sniffle, sniffle. “I just don’t understand…” The golden vixen attempted to brush her tears away against one of her legs, pushing her forelock aside to reveal the claw-marks that scarred her blind eye. “I’ve had a bad history with…cats.” That’s the most polite way she could say it, not really understanding exactly what the tiger was. Jahzara knew that she was some sort of feline, but she was certainly not a cougar. No, this feline was much larger, colorful, striped and…well, not interested in eating her. At least, not just yet. “Why are you here then?” Her breathing was beginning to calm, however she would still shiver nervously every now and then.

"Talking"

OOC: I'm sorry for the terrible post! It's hard to rp her in a panic mode =/

JAHZARA
Image Credit

Lauren

It takes a moment, but finally I think that the mare is calming down. It seems that seeing me groom myself makes at least some difference in her demeanor. But she's not sturdy enough on those skinny legs, and she tumbles to the ground in a heap of horseflesh. Stupid ninny, she asks why I won't eat her. Prey like this deserve to be eaten if they pause to ask such ridiculous questions. I stare, unamused. She doesn't know how to react to a big cat - that's not surprising, but her inability to calm herself effectively is rather depressing.

I yawn, flashing my fangs, and my disinterest is genuine. "I must know if you are off limits or not." I give her a genuine answer as well. But my interest piques when she brushes tears and forelock from her face. She reveals - intentionally or not - a scar over one eye, and I return to staring at her. "Your feline encounter must have left you with that scar?" I make the small leap to conclusion, thinking the odds of guessing right in my favor. I wonder what type of feline she fell prey to - is the scar from an attempt on her life for food? Or did the mare stupidly enrage a beast that would eat her with no qualms or second thoughts? I flex my claws in the grass, stretching my toes and enjoying the texture. It keeps me occupied and extends my patience as I wait for her to manage an answer.

WC: 253
Sorry it's so short :/

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hidden Account
Xyroca

"Off limits?" The golden princess asked, genuinely confused by the tiger's responses. No matter how blunt the big cat was, the poor vixen was still unable to figure out why the tigress was being so...Well, friendly wasn't the word. Cordial? Perhaps that was more fitting, for the beast that was being so patient with what should be her prey. By now, the mare's breathing was becoming regular and she was able to look at the beast head on, albeit still laying on the earth with her legs tucked close.

When the tiger questioned about her scars, the arabian cross dipped her dished muzzle in response. "Yes...I was ambushed by a group of cougars as a yearling..." She answered honestly, shortening down her history to get to the point. There was very little chance that this strange feline would hold any real interest in her history, therefore why indulge her? A flashback to that terrifying day flashed in her mind, when the guards of her kingdom found her barely alive. Her unconscious body lying on the cold earth, blood pooling beneath her as the last cougar was chased off. Jahzara was lucky to be alive, regardless of the changes in her mental state. It was a shame that the golden vixen never knew that the sole reason she was attacked was all due to her jealous sister, who now ruled over her birth herd.

"I've never seen a striped feline before...Or one that takes the time to talk to equines." Surely, this tigress couldn't be that bad if she was polite enough to wait for the mare to calm down? Jahzara survived the conversation this far, and with that logic she decided the big cat at least deserved to receive an introduction. "My name is Jahzara, of World's Edge."

"Talking"

JAHZARA
Image Credit

Lauren
Finally, her brain has returned to full-functioning form in that little skull of hers. I stare at her, eyes watching carefully as always, as she tries to work out what I'm doing sitting here talking to her. At first, I had approached out of amusement. But now I don't know what I have stayed. Perhaps only to identify her scent. But with the mention of a previous cat encounter, she's become more interesting than probably most of Helovia. Attacked as a yearling by cougars? It's strange for more than one to hunt together, I wonder if they were siblings. Perhaps she had enraged them? She doesn't give the details as to the why, only the when and the how. It's a good enough answer, though the 'why' may poke around in the back of my mind for a good while.

It doesn't surprise me that she's never seen a tiger before. To my knowledge big cats aren't that common in Helovia - especially tigers. I didn't spend enough time with my mother to ask her these questions - or even to know to ask them. But since she has answered my curiosity, I shall answer hers, though she doesn't ask in a question form. "I am a tiger. And I do not eat every prey I stumble upon, at least not immediately. Sometimes I like to chat first." That should calm her down. Every minute we speak buys her another minute of life. Though I don't intend to eat her. "Plus I'm not hungry." I add nonchalantly, the thought not occurring to me that only this last statement may provide an ounce of comfort.

And then, at last, introductions. Ah, so she is of the World's Edge. That other place I'm not supposed to eat from....

"Jahzara of the World's Edge. I am Saffron, of the Aurora Basin." The formality is almost comforting to me. It lets me stay distant from, well, everyone. And then, so matter-of-factly: "You are off limits."

WC: 329

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread