the Rift

[OPEN] give in to the night

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
I am a stone, unaffected

Rain hell down onto me

The works of the gods were constant in this land. In Isilme, where the mammoth was born, the influence of the gods were unseen. Helovia, however, was a different story. Four years the beast has roamed these lands, fought for these lands, protected these lands, and loved these lands. He has witnessed the lands of Helovia change--from fire consumption and destruction, to new life given by breath, and by darkness swallowing and reigning, the warlord has seen it all.

Despite it all, he has never been taken to an island by a cloud.

The Dauntless was unafraid by this change, by this new found paradise, but he was cautious. Loretta scouted with him, her head low, ears forward, body tensed, sending images to her soulmate continuously. The brute walked on with his own golden eyes narrowed, ears swerving to catch the sounds that rang around him. The island seemed to be full of life, horses of many herds and their companions roaming everywhere he turned. Before him, several yards off, Loretta sent him images of four great tents and meeting areas. The kingly stallion was able to determine which tent belonged to which herd by the colors--they represented each land well. The gods had placed them there, the pair determined together. With a flick of his tail, Archibald commanded his bitch to heel.

It is safe here. There is peace. Archibald noted, lowering his head to graze from the greenest grass he had ever laid his molten eyes on. God shield. Loretta responded, panting gently and looking to her commander with gentle eyes. Where will the herd find us, Archibald? Here. Be calm, Loretta. Their conversation was silent, heart to mind and mind to heart, as the beast and his bitch grazed and stood in the sunlight, a cool Orangemoon breeze running over their backs.

"Speech"

[ @[Kaj] -- This is open, just tagging Kaj because I want Brit. DO NOT WAIT FOR KAJ IF YOU WANT TO POST, JUST LOVE ME ;DD]

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Time spent in the herdlands had ticked on too long, and Kaj was more than aware of the fact that he had a tendency to linger inside the borders past healthy limitations. Kahlua was a sparrow seeking migration of a constant nature, but the golden king was in contrast a boulder, permanent and unmovable. Lunar celebrations had been the only reprieve from duty and mingling in countless melding fortnights. The island beckoned, yet the siren call was too frail upon Kaj's conscience to sway his presence from the misted lands he ruled over. Yet with Evangeline's suggestions a swarm of butterflies in his brain, Kaj became aware that travel may aid him best in the pursuit of answers still elusive to him concerning the patched maiden in rule beside him.

Pale primaries extended like switchblades revealing themselves from gleaming silver cases, intent and purposeful. Flight was naturally impeded by the closely knit growth of trees that composed the forest of the cliffside, and stretching was limited further to scattered clearings or the task of venturing beyond the skeleton of the glass wall to the lands beyond. Patrols were the only reprieve, when majestic wings could lift massive frame off the earth and into the embrace of the sky where it belonged. Longing for the kiss of cool breezes and warm currents only furthered the tentative desires to explore, to depart for once from the herd he kept such insistent careful eye upon. A sigh and a budding grin was all the sign of decisiveness any roaming kin might have spied, the king turning the giant mass of his frame to pound his hooves against earth at a strict tempo, letting the wind catch beneath pale golden wings like a canopy and lifting him away from the troubles of the crown.

Bliss was well-lived, due to lengthy travel across the melding colors of Helovia in autumn, the miles stretching wide from his home to the mystical island the Gods had crafted for purposes of peace. By the hour when pale cobalt irises fell upon the clouded outskirts of the island, muscles stringing through marginal coverts were aching pleasantly, shoulders joyfully sore with the freedom of flight. Hardened umber hooves thudded upon the earth in thundering announcement of his arrival, majestic appendages flaring up in a groan worthy stretch before shuffling and curling to caress his side in a militaristic fashion.

Exploration would have to wait however, for as the dust cleared from his landing, a hulking form in the distance was deemed familiar, a name resonating in his mind. Archibald. Snorting at the still present dust the king strode forth on hefty limbs to greet the giant, delft irises gleaming on an expanse of white gold as he approached his Captain. A ghost of a smile, knowing the Dauntless to be one for brotherhood like Kaj rather than the flowery useless pastime of small talk.

"Hail, Dauntless. Are you well this eve?" Deep voice rumbled forth towards the equine, genuinely interested. He had not taken the time to familiarize himself with the stallion that had proven himself worthy of his Captain status, the one who had jerked him to the earth with earthen magic in his fury. Archibald was certainly a fine stag, one Kaj greatly respected and was grateful to have as his right hand and Captain of his warriors.

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
I am a stone, unaffected

Rain hell down onto me

The thunderous clap of hooves against solid ground made Archibald and Loretta turn their attention to the newcomer. The muscled stallion that strode towards them was none other than the World's Edge King. Archibald dipped his head with a show of respect, but his demeanor and his stoic face did not change a beat. Swallowing the mouthful of grass that he had pulled from the soil beneath his steel-clad hooves, the Dauntless spoke. "I am well. Exploring this new gift to our land." The Dauntless spoke with courtesy, his deep voice like rolling summer thunder after a heat storm. The Captain's golden eyes were not hard and not soft, a simple station of stoic that was his usual demeanor.

"Have you seen Ktulu on this island? Her and Lakota and disappeared from me as of late." He asked, ears twitching with his thoughts. He was attempting to keep conversation going, although the beast had never been one for social nuances and normalcies. Small talk was not the kingly warlord's forte, and probably never would be. However, this was the first face to face the pair had shared since Archibald had turned the King's bones to stone, grounding him from making a rash decision, and possibly committing murder within his own borders.

Loretta watched the golden King curiously, still panting gently. The Orangemoon breeze was comfortable, and not chilly, for the sun shone bright on this floating land. Her amber eyes were soft, an unusual sight to behold on the ferocious bitch. She fed off of Archibald in this moment, his calm comfortableness around the king calming her spirits as well. Asking about the mates, but not about your's. Tsk. She scolded her bondmate, turning her eyes and ears to him. Her jaws closed as Archibald's liquid eyes snapped down to her for a moment, narrowing darkly. Hush, woman. Circe will be found. He snapped at her, silencing her thoughts. Go hunt. Scout. Be gone. His command sent her away, her body lifting into her ivory pillars obediently. Turning her attention to Kaj for one more moment, she curled her tail over her back and padded towards the tall tents that stood in the distance. Archibald sighed audibly, turning his attention back to his king.

"She shares my heart, but she has a mind of her own. The world is lucky they do not share her thoughts." The jest was simple, and the Captain offered a small hint of a smirk, something too small for most to pick up on, but the pegasus before him seemed a fairly bright minded creature, and the Dauntless hoped the Stormbringer would not expect too much meaningless conversation.

@[Kaj]

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

KAJ
you left a bloodstain on the floor

Stoicism did not dissuade the King, who found the display of modest respect more than appealing to the oft concealed militaristic portion of his being. Archibald was surely a soul who could relate; perhaps they were both sometimes hard-pressed to align to the peaceful neutrality of the Edge? Kaj's head dipped shallowly in response to the acknowledgment, more interested in the massive brute's presence on the island than the formalities. Both had kingship beneath their belts, and as such it was hardly required, but Kaj still found himself proud to have garnered even a modicum of respect from the hard-won beast before him. A soft snort escaped into the chill, a gossamer cloud forming. It would be more prominent by the decay of the season, and Kaj was not eager for such a transition. Though born on a tundra, he would never be fond of the ice that so fondly clutched to his feathers in flight.

"A gift? Perhaps. But I cannot help but be wary. Little comes without a price or a catch these days." There was no need to ask if Archibald agreed, though Kaj sincerely hoped that he was not alone in his paranoia. If it kept his family safe, he'd build his own glass bunker and start sticking invasion theories on the walls. Not that his Captains would likely approve, but it was a mildly amusing thought. One that was redirected onto the topic of the absent female Captain. Kaj, with no real knowledge of the Grey, did not know what kind of relationship the trio held, though he found it fascinating. Both mares touched and fussed over the murderer with ease, and Archibald bore them as if they were the ones holding the power. Though to be fair, it was most often the sapphire nurse that did the mother-henning. Still, he hid his burgeoning interest, knowing it was both impolite and the wrong choice for the audience he had.

"Last I was aware of, Ktulu was patrolling the northernmost border with Cheveyo. I have no knowledge of Lakota's recent whereabouts, the last I saw her would not be current enough to aid you. My apologies." Oh, but the curiosity was simply killing him! Still, he tended to the wire that kept his jaw firmly clamped shut. If Archibald had as deep of a soft spot for those mares as Kaj suspected, the king wouldn't be stupid enough to inquire about them. He had no doubt that, enraged or protective, Archibald could easily overtake him. It was lucky that Kaj was not arrogant, merely respecting that Archibald found him somehow worthy of serving beneath.

Loretta's antics were amusing, but short-lived, and Kaj gave a mild quirk of his lips. He could relate to Archibald's stony demeanor. After all, the golden boy had been nearly mute when he'd first arrived in Helovia. Never one for words, he'd had to remedy that as he was promoted to WingLeader, and forced to further work on it as he was granted the throne. It was almost a reprieve, to settle into a gruff, companionable (if he dared to call it such) silence with the Dauntless. "I imagine she fits you best that way." The smirk is returned, Kaj's full of fond amusement, though he could not possibly understand the bond the two held.

Finally, curiosity wins out, and the king simply cannot hold his tongue any longer. "Archibald, I ask this not to be intrusive, but I know you led in past times. I am no peace-maker, I am a warrior. How, if at all, do you stand behind the Edge promise of peace?" Pale skies bled into eyes that stared at Archibald as if he could dissect his brain and find the answers there himself, rather than waiting. "I admit, it is not...easy, at times. You've stopped me yourself. I wish to know my Captain better, lets say," he snorted with dry amusement, lips twisted in wry appreciation for the irony of the moment. Clearly this wasn't a get-to-know-you, but for their privacy and the sake of his own mind, it was easier to hide behind it.

image credits
table by whit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!