the Rift

i'll light the fuse [joining..]

Lullaby Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The ground stretched for fathoms beneath her grey hooves. She was starting to assume this place was only full of green forest, and icy mountain tops. Where on earth was a Pegasus suppose to land in all this mess? Usually such things would not bother her, but today they did. She had only recently recovered from an injury, and it would not take much for it to break open. So a ground full of trees would be irksome to her, something she did not want to bother with. With the wind in her favor, helping her ride the streams she titled her face, away from the sun to the ground enough to see the land was changing. Some luck to shine upon her at last, she bitterly thought.

The land really was changing, there was a glow of red in a sea of grass, and to the south now that...that was what she needed. A lush lake, with some trees, but open ground. She was a little weary to be diving into the middle of it, not knowing who nor what was around. She had been told other horses of sorts lived here, but the one who had given her this information, little did she trust.

A deep breath of the cool air, she savored the rush of wind in her short mane, until slowly letting herself drift down, down, down. She had to start somewhere, and it might as well be here. The ground came rushing to greet her, and she readied herself, stretching out her limbs to embrace the landing she was about to take. With bend to her slim pillars, they took the energy of the impact, and the absorption caused her front, left knee to crumple. She had been flying long enough it was numb, and was out of practice since hurting her wing. A muttered curse, she pulled her wing's protectively to her sides, and then the mare shook her neck, straightening her figure. Dignity returned, her cobalt eyes surveyed the surroundings. It looked like an oasis, was it really? Suspicious eyes, she was not sure, and let her nostrils test the air. It smelled like her kind here, and a mark boundary. Cautiously she tried to place herself not too far in it, but with her luck she was likely doing the opposite. Worried, she let out a deep nicker. Hello? It would seem to say, as if afraid to be unanswered.
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Widened features opened to greet a new morn. Each silent exhale circling upward fogging between flicked auds. His home was a budding fragrance of possibility, and newly formed wonder; he could only sample a single other creature upon the breeze. Frame remained curled against the solid bark of an old magnolia; limbs lay beneath him and tightly closed appendages begged for release. He obliged with a yawn and rose with uncurling motions. Dust and earth slithered from a flawless hide, Midas shook once; wings stretched with limbs shifting to accommodate the motion. A raw thirst nagged around his vocals, dry and chipped were his lips.

Skull turned with velvet senses perking toward finding a liquid that would sooth such longing. Finding no hint of source he snorted and parted body from land with a light trot forward. Air was sought with pounding wings beating unflinchingly, muscled neck stretched toward limit. Mane whipped against his shoulders while tail bannered proudly behind. Ebony pelt caught morning rays like a bright bullet streaking by. Angled tawny colored eyes glanced downward at disappearing land. Breathing came fast now, with effort submitted to pulling his bulk skyward. Body stretched forward and caught a drifting breeze to pull the lad forward.

After only minutes of being airborn he found a stream and company to host attention. A silvery mare gave pause below; wings pitched down and landed his frame with practiced assistance of flailing limbs. Steadily, but with good intent he approached a greeting widening maw, “Good morning to you, Miss,” cranium twisted to glance at the mountain fed trickling stream that lay below a gaping boulder. Nostrils could taste her foreign essence, “and welcome to Dragon Throat,” smiling he took a step closer and added with curious gentleness, “May I ask your purpose?”

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Unregistered
Cobalt eyes patiently cast around the terra not certain who would greet her. She was a little anxious about that, but kept her guard up. Someone was bound to see her sooner or later. She could always run, then fly away if need be. It was by some chance she lifted her eyes toward the sky to see a sleek, shadow against the sky. By the large outstretched wings, she knew it was her own kind. The mare could not bring herself to be relieved or comforted until she was more certain of their own intent. Eyes trained upon him, his landing was much more graceful than hers.

"Good morning to you," she replied, her brows wrinkling when he briefly eyed the close water source. Ivory face soothed, when his golden eyes turned back to her. Dragon's Throat. Sounded intense, and she wondered if there was more to the name, a hidden purpose or a story. "Quite a name, for quite a place," she said, looking to the stream, the trees in the distance. "Is the name meant to intermediate?" She inquired, swishing her white tail behind her. She did not smile in return, or move as he had. She was trying to stay neutral, yet to break the ice.

"I'm trying to figure out these lands, scout out a home? I thought this looked like a good place to start. It's very beautiful." The mare would half smile, pulling her dark blue eyes to the stallion. There were hints of gold darting down his cheek bones, in the tips of his pearly feathers, when she glanced down gold was there too. He wasn't the most unique pegasus she had looked upon, but in a way he was. The contrast, yet the flow of it made him stand out. If she had no manners she would have asked a question. She held her lips tight.
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

"Good morning to you,” her worded response only succeeded to brighten his smile despite a lack of facial change, "Quite a name, for quite a place." Dragon throat. It was refreshing that she found his home a delightful area. "Is the name meant to intermediate?” He hadn’t ever thought about the possible lore or tales that might enthrall such a name; the title had been part of him as much as the winged appendages on his back. No knowing was half the fun, it left the imagination play. But her question required an answer, so he responded honestly and rather matter of fact.

“I’m afraid the lore is lost to me,” his orbs trailed down the sleek line of her pure spine, tone eased softly, “But deep within the heart of this territory you can find an ancient tree, lacing the center of the desert,” gently he soothed, “if history spikes your interest, I’m sure there is one older than me within this clan that will share its stories.” Ears perked as the lady answered his question.

"I'm trying to figure out these lands, scout out a home? I thought this looked like a good place to start. It's very beautiful."

She gazed over his bulk, taking in appearance and obvious finding something to hold interest. Softly he responded, “Your presence is welcomed,” glancing skyward at the newly hatched morning he added, “The Throat is home to many of our kind, and others…..” Such a nice female, she seemed strong and smart. He saw no reason to deny her access, “If you so desire, it could be your sanctuary as well.”

Unregistered
The smile that held to his face was pleasant. Was it often for winged strangers to come here asking for acceptance? Was he a good tempered fellow? She couldn't say, she was proud of her well mannered response. Wouldn't Bennett be surprised? Her brother had never thought she could be so tame, so civil but she let him slip from her mind. She was here to have her own life, discover her path.

Lullaby was not expecting any simple answer to follow such a name, and she could see he was thinking upon it. Honest tone rang clearly, not sure of what specifically had named this place. She lightly bobbed her head, tucking her wings closer to her sleek frame, blue eyes steadily holding his golden pools. The mention of a tree, she would turn her gaze again to the distant trying to imagine what it must be like. She was easily drawn by his smooth tone, offering her to ask an older member. "I might have too, but life does need some mysteries," she said, letting her muzzle drift back in his direction.

Waiting patiently as he took her response, she thought the odds were in her favor but she was not the greatest as reading others. When he replied, she felt the tension she had been holding without knowledge pass. Though she wasn't sure what to think of a mixed herd. Racist, she was not, she had not been around many equines or unicorns to know or trust them. This was not going to bother her, nor keep her from having what she wanted. "Other species though foreign to me I don't see as much different from myself. If you think I would be fitting to join I would like to. But is that decision up to you, or someone else?"

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Patiently he nodded skull once and replied to her question with softened tones, “The right to extend invitation is mine,” gold orbs peered into aqua with assertive gentleness; it made his heart quicken with pleasure to know that his family had just grown a little bigger—so it went without saying that he was pleased with her choice to live within the herd. Plus it seemed they were going to get along just fine, “If your decision to remain within this territory is set, only choice of duty remains.”

Now that he had thought to mention it, the lad let mind drift to wonder what talents she might host. Oh—but those things could be figured out later. Falling back toward current events he added with a light chuckle, “Forgive my manners; I’ve not properly introduced myself.” Reflexively, tail flicked across thighs as weight shifted forward, “I’m Midas, a Soldier for the Throat,” title was presented with strokes of honor clinging to open vocals.

OOC: Crappy short post is a crappy short post, I sorry x'D, zoo is killing me.

Unregistered
OOC:It's okay, I am still trying to figure her out.

Ear twisted curiously, a tilt to her chin. So he could accept her. She wasn't quite sure why though. She would assume if he was the lead he may have mentioned it, or maybe he simply had the authority. The tips of her wings flexed while she was lost in thought. It did not unsettle her, he could open the gates to a new home. He seemed like a fine gentleman, who had his head on straight. She was a bit reluctant not to meet an official leader, but surely if he lived here it must be a fine place. The mention of duty, she was not sure what to say. "Do I have to choose now, or may I decide?" She asked, a small amount of uncertainty in her eyes. "That is to say I am not worthless, I have battled, and know a few remedies for healing," she quickly added hoping it might help her cause. Though she wasn't sure she needed to convince him she wasn't lazy.

"Pleasure to meet you Midas," she said with a true smile, detecting the pride he must have held. This she took nothing of vanity, but self respect for who he was and what he did. Really her words could not be more true. He was the best thing she had seen in weeks; far better company than she had thought to encounter. "I'm Lullaby, or Lully for short."

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

"Do I have to choose now, or may I decide?"

He smiled at this. Apparently she wasn’t entirely sure of her place within a herd; which was not a bad thing since a calling wasn’t to be taken lightly. It would serve as her duty and life’s work for as long as she chooses to live among them. Jaws parted to counter her response, but his words were put to halt, "That is to say I am not worthless, I have battled, and know a few remedies for healing.” Wistfully he replied, “Take all the time you need sweetheart,” Midas wouldn’t dream of spoiling untapped potential, let her decide when heart instructed a readiness.

Pleasantries aside he noted her name, "I'm Lullaby, or Lully for short." A light chuckle followed, “Well, Lully, would you like a quick tour of your home?” Forelegs rose in step, he drew closer but not unbearably so. Circling her female frame, he went around her body with orbs falling across lovely feathers; the tint reminding him a stormy sky, “Or a longer version?” Coming alongside, their wings nearly brushed each other; Midas drew his head closer to her skull, while body remained undaunted by the nearness.

Unregistered
Lullaby had yet to know what she desired to get out of this fresh start, and was happy to see the smile carried to his lips instead of disgust on his dark features. Little by little she was starting a collection of clues to the Pegasus before her, and she liked what she saw. An amused laugh of sorts shortly rings from her throat at his pleasant response. "Very well," she responds, happy to have the opportunity to choose instead of someone making it for her. There were too many elder mares who thought they should decide what the younger ones did, and it had driven her insane.

A happy grin lit up her face as he decided to go with her nickname, and offered her a tour. How could she resist? From a stand point her cobalt eyes watched his painted form drift around her, feeling if he could brush along side her at any point. She was not use to closeness, but it sparked a thrill within her. The black tips of her wings outstretched, making a point to clip his to prove if he wanted her to shyly drift away it wasn't about to happen. With tease to her gaze at how close the stallion had became, and how she was feeling she answered, "Why of coarse a long one would be nice." She held onto the glimmer of his golden eyes, poised to follow whether it be to the sky, or ground.