the Rift

[OPEN] Sunshine and Stormclouds

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
Jahzara

Jahzara's ears pinned back as she frowned at the militant mare for a moment, not appreciating being chastised for simply standing up for herself. Why should she be 'respectful' towards that short-tempered bird mare? And in truth, Jahzara was in no way trying to be disrespectful. She couldn't fathom how calling out the truth, merely trying to defend herself with words rather than force (not that she had any force to begin with), could be seen as taunting Bellona. Now, if she had called her a conceited, ugly rainbow-butt with with her head up her ass, that would be taunting...But, Jahzara let the subject drop.

A swell of pride and hope filled the golden girl's chest as Meriwether agreed to follow her, an uncontrollable grin spreading across her muzzle. She did it! Despite the peahen's cruel words and threatening tone, Jahzara's cheerful disposition could not be swayed. Happily the vixen began to lead the way to the World's Edge, incredibly proud of herself of recruiting a potential new member to the herd.

----------------------------------------------------------

While the duo made their way back to the World's Edge, Jahzara filled in the silence with chatter about her meeting with Kahlua, the kindness that World's Edge had shown, and whatever else information she could manage to provide about the herd from her own short experiences. It didn't take them too long to reach the glass wall ruins that once surrounded the herdland. "Watch your step, I was told they are working on getting this cleared up..." Jahzara mumbled, realizing that it wasn't the most attractive sight in the world. 'Just wait till she see's the real beauty of the forest!'

Coming to a clearing away from the glass, yet just before the thick vegetation of the forest, Jahzara came to a halt. It was not her place to accept or bring Meriwether directly into the herdlands, Meriwether would have to be be introduced to at least Kahlua first...Perhaps the King would show up? Jahzara had yet to meet him, or perhaps another one of the higher ranks would join in. The golden vixen let out a bubbly nicker, calling for anyone who could meet with them and grant their approval. The petite arabian cross pranced in place for a moment with sheer excitement, loving this opportunity to help her herd, help Meriwether and actually be of use. It was an interesting site though, the small ray of sunshine with the bulking, thunderous storm cloud following in suit. Hopefully, whoever showed would not be judgmental of the battle-scarred mare.

OOC: @[Meriwether], and possibly @[Kaj] or @[Kahlua], and open to anyone else!

"Speech."
'Hallucinations'

Walking On Air
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Meriwether Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

M E R I W E T H E R

The giant war veteran strode along quietly, towards the unfamiliar land known as the World’s Edge. Jahzara babbled on about her short time with the herd, the kindness she was shown, and any other useful information she had to share. From what she understood, this place seemed like it was founded on good morals but she reserved all judgment until it came time to meet its leaders. The last thing Meriwether wanted was to end up watching another home rot beneath the hooves of a corrupt leader. This place held promise, and she found comfort in that. Dipping her crown a deep breath escaped her flared nares. Her toasted golden eyes veered over the ruins of the glass wall. She could imagine just how marveling the architecture was, before it had been destroyed. The battle scared mare nodded an acknowledgement towards Jahzara’s warning. Cautiously she lifted her pillars, navigating her way through the dilapidated obstruction, glass crunching beneath her lilac daggers as she stepped.

Watching the prideful look on Jahzara’s, face was amusing to say the least. Even though she truly did not want to acknowledge the feeling, the briefest smile appeared across the warrior’s maw. It was an extremely rare display of emotion that one could easily miss. Thankful, Meri was still following the sun-kissed mare and so her secret was safe. The militant mare moved with a keen sense of self-confidence and calculating restraint of someone born from war, chaos, and bloodshed. The sunlight poured down onto her beaten and battered hide to reveal her not so smooth scars; scars which told her story, her honor, her strength, and her very being. Coming to a halt beside Jahzara she became a centennial made of stone, not a single emotion was shown upon her face. Ears flicked forward while she held her head high, the mare wanted to make a good impression after all and she didn’t want to let Jahzara down by getting rejected. After all, the golden vix had gone to so much trouble to bring her here in the first place.. ”Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share your home, Jahzara.” Meri said formally, her tone was calm and collected. ”Your courage and passion were why I chose to come with you, today. You are of your own mind and spirit, I like that.” Again she fell silent as gold orbs glanced over the new surroundings.

tags: --
ooc notes: --
words: 409

Actions.
'Thoughts.'
"Speech."

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

The scent of newcomers brought the pair's heads towards the sky, Loretta licking blood and fur from her muzzle and Archibald swallowing the last morsel of the patch of clover he found. The World's Edge was keeping the war-torn partners very busy, and the Dauntless appreciated that. He was a beast bred for duty, and with the Foothills gone to rubble, this was his duty now. After his encounter with his son, Archibald had kept fairly close to the borders, hoping his other son and his mate would follow Reginald's scent, but neither had shown their faces. Golden eyes focused into the forest, pieces of the glass wall sparkling in the distance, and the Captain shifted his weight to walk towards the voices and the all-too-familiar scent of the Threshold. Loretta trotted after him, ears perked forward with anticipation. Remnants of her meal still traced her face, rabbit blood clinging to the whiteness of her muzzle. It took the massive stallion mere moments to close the distance between him and the newcomer, and he stopped several yards away from her.

She was large, nearly his height, with muscle built like their ancestors crossed. As he observed the pegasus his face was stone--unreadable to anyone that did not know him better than he knew himself(Circe, or Ktulu perhaps). Golden eyes traced over her frame, and the obviousness of her warrior heritage was not lost on him. Smoothly, the Dauntless transitioned his eyes to look at the smaller, pretty mare that carried the scent of this home. He had seen her around the herd on his patrols, but had never encountered her face to face. He nodded to her simply, turning his attention back on the pegasus. "I am Archibald the Dauntless, Captain of the World's Edge, leader to all protectors and guards and council to the King and Queen," He asserted, body lifted with all of the dominance and power he held in his steel-clad hooves, "what are you seeking here, madam?" The behemoth's voice was low and modulated, clear, but it displayed easily what he was trying to convey. What are your intentions here? Do you plan to serve or to harm?

Loretta, turning some to half circle around the group, watched the two mares. The little one seemed kind--her features were soft and what the malamute had heard of her voice was pleasing. Is she smart? The dog asked her commander, wondering if the little female was wise enough not to bring danger into his realm. The Dauntless did not acknowledge his bitch, but simply waited for someone to speak the intentions of this newcomer.

@[Jahzara]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Meriwether Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

M E R I W E T H E R

The approaching storm clouds swallowed the sunshine, painting the Edge in a dreary palette of grays. The warrior hoped this wasn’t a bad omen but said nothing as she watched the Captain and his companion approach. Her lilac mane floated behind her like a banner and waved with each gust of wind. Melted golden eyes traced the one named Archibald. He was a midnight beast, dripping in black ink and accented by white. He stood a mere couple inches taller than Meri and his build was the wide mass of a front line warrior , rich with muscle. The veteran spared not a single batted eyelash when the Archibald settled in before her. The silence that followed was punctuated by mutual observation. Meri was not oblivious to his dominating gaze but lowered her crown respectfully. ”My name is Meriwether.’ she said, in a rather unemotional tone and something that looked like a haphazard grin wormed it’s way across the battle scarred grey’s maw. Though her lips did not curl upward and it would be easily missed if one were not looking for it; it was a smile nevertheless.

Deciding it best not to stare at the stranger who judged her fate, her yellow orbs traveled to the outskirts of the forest, marveling at the tall trees as they hung their shadows over the earth. She took a deep breath, exhaling through flared nostrils, before her orbs narrowed and veered from Jahzara back to Archibald. Crown cocked in his direction, her eyes narrowed with curiosity. I’m not one for small talk so I’ll get to the point. I am a soldier in the dark, a queen with a ruined soul who refuses to break. I am a beast in the spare moments when I cannot think but react but I am looking for a home, allies, a fresh start, a second chance.” Meri’s face matched the tone of her voice. Ears forward, not allowing a single display of emotion to come forward, it was as hard as stone. It would be easy for others to mistake her emotionless appearance as rude although he wasn’t trying to be. She was a product of excruciating training and years of war. Meriwether remained in the same familiar concrete stance which displayed her honor and discipline. ”Honesty is the best policy or so they say, I’m not one to beat around the bush. My past is messy but I can be an asset to you.” for such an intensely muscled body, her voice was still alluring but in a peculiar way despite its lack of passion. Fluidly after she spoke, she placed her right hoof before her and rounded her nape so that her cranium lowered towards Archibald. This act of supplication was done as an incredible sign of respect.

tags: @[Archibald]!
ooc notes: Jahzara gave me permission to skip her!
words: 460

Actions.
'Thoughts.'
"Speech."

Jahzara Posts: 63
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 hands :: 6 Birdsongs
Xyroca
Jahzara

Jahzara grew nervous as the Captain joined them, gulping quickly to try and swallow her fear. She was expecting the cheerful Kahlua, not the giant that was approaching them with his…What was that? The golden vixen had never seen a dog before, but instinctively the malamute made her leery. However, her favorite hallucination, Lily, was a bit more curious as she wandered up to the dog. In the arabian’s eyes, the pony was roughly the same size as the canine and quietly she spoke under her breath. “Not so close, Lily. Respect her space.” Bringing her gaze back up to the giant stallion, the Arabian did her very best to control her visible shaking. She knew that he was in no position to hurt her, and she knew that she was supposed to be able to trust every equine of the World’s Edge, but the fear of stallions was still heavy on her soul. She was a little more at ease when he explained his position, a leader to al the protectors? Then he was good! He had to be good…He was supposed to protect people like her, from stallions like Laughing Corpse. Maybe, just maybe, she could eventually grow to be comfortable around him. It would take time though.

As her nerves started getting the better of her, Meriwether spoke for herself, breaking the silence before it could become any more awkward. Watching her new dappled friend, Jahzara’s beaming smile returned once more. Waiting for the Pegasus to finish her introductions and reasoning for coming, the golden princess stepped forward. “I’m…I’m Jahzara, sir…I-I-I found Meriwether in the Threshold with another winged horse that didn’t like me. Meriwether protected me, and I thought she would be good for the herd…And that the herd could be good for her.”

OOC: @[Archibald] I'm sorry for the late and crummy post!

"Speech."
'Hallucinations'

Walking On Air
Image Credit
Force permitted against Jahzara, but please to not maim or kill her!
Please tag only in first posts!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Birds.

Hundreds of them fill the sky with sudden, loud noise. Their cawing rises like a distant din, once with grows at an alarming pace. Overhead their black bodies move like a single storm, blotting out the light, the sky, everything. Their movement is errant though, nothing like a migrating flock, especially since they come from the south, rather than towards it.

Their rising cacophony becomes deafening, but it is nothing so bad as what comes next.

In hysterics they crash into the World's Edge, falling like a fleshy, feathery rain. They bounce off one another. They simply fall, with no apparent impact; perhaps just exhaustion. Most though, most strike upon earth, tree, and horse alike, striking against the gathered three like a heavenly assault. You can run, but they still blot the sky, and they are still falling.

Most of them are lucky enough to have their necks snapped when they collide, lending them unnatural positions, but a kind demise. Others flutter maddeningly upon the ground, their wings broken like frail twigs, among other parts of their bodies. Some merely lay on their sides, beaks parted as they gasp for air and sanity, only to be smothered by the body of another.

The sound of their death is unrelenting, but with each slap of bird meat upon the earth, one lest caw screams across the sky, until at last there is silence. An occasionally flutter breaks the quiet, but the storm has ended, leaving the surrounding area dark with their litter. It as though a wretched form of autumn had come, each body a leaf falling from a skybound tree, leaving their feathers to collect and decay on the forest floor.

A slow, cold wind blows from the south, rustling their corpses.

darknightoftroy

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time

Loretta watched the mare carefully, as Archibald did. Archibald was a very skilled man of his field, displayed in his rank, but also silently displayed as he observed the woman before him. Her grey body held evidence of training and the practice of that training--scars littered her frame and her muscles were solid. The Dauntless was all-too-used to observing others quickly and categorizing them, the time of this task typically at the beginning of battles and scuffles. In this moment, however, Archibald would judge more than her strengths and her weaknesses. The Dauntless needed to judge her character. Was she fit to serve? Did she intend to follow orders or be an agent of chaos and anarchy? Where did her heart sway--to herself, or to her duty? Would her past--her queenliness--interfere with her position in his guard? Archibald's golden eyes hardened some as his mind calculated his response.

"The World's Edge is a solace. We live in peace, but my warriors are strong and will remain strong. You will fall in the line of duty, and you will follow orders. Good soldiers have time to think when others do not." He regarded her comment of thoughtlessness and brutality. You can train her to use her brain. Loretta commentated, a sly smirk planting on the dog's face as she sided her master's left and continued to watch the winged mare. "I do accept your desire to join this herd,a World's Edge Protector you will be. All newly ranked start at the bottom but you can acheive greatness if you so choose. My partner as Captain, Ktulu the Constrictor, or I can test you should you so desire. Within your duties--keeping your skills sharp and protecting this land--our word is law and it is wise to remember." Finally, the mammoth nodded carefully. His words were not laced with malice, but with his experience and his prowess. Archibald was a mechanism of war, a king among warriors, and he held high standards in his army. He expected the mare to reach these standards.

Golden eyes turned to the golden mare, the smaller and meek. "Thank you for bringing her. If a stranger can protect a stranger, I expect nothing other than excellence. Continue to seek strength, Jahzara, and you will be well." It was when Archibald finished speaking that everything changed.

It was like an immediate drop in the atmosphere, and Loretta pinned her ears and snarled. Snapping his attention to his bitch, Archibald's face hardened with a puzzled pause. His ears pinned to match her's, and he followed her amber eyes to the sky. His golden eyes widened at the sheer immensity of the black cloud that was a flock of birds. No--all the flocks of birds.What were they doing? They blotted out the sky with their inky blanket, filling the place where the sun should shine. Instantly, they fell, drowning the trio of horses and the dog in a feathery chaos. Loretta continued to snarl as birds smacked against her white and red body, causing her to jump in a panicked frenzy. Away. Get away. She yelled, whining when the birds flooded her. Archibald grunted as the winged creatures hit his body. The sound of their bones breaking and their squawking was nothing he had ever encountered before--the sounds of their suffering was something unnatural.

When it all was done, Archibald's ears dropped again and his brows drew together. "What in the hell was that?" He nearly whispered, looking around at the snowfall of birds, some dead, most suffering.

@[Jahzara] @[Meriwether]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me