the Rift

[OPEN] Viper Kisses

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

Kaj</style>

quote quote quote

Lady Fate was a cruel mistress to the golden king of storms, bringing forth a maiden of beauty and innocence to fall for him only for her heart to waiver upon the idea of love. She threw beautiful mares at him time and again, ones far more fitting his nature than Kahlua- for though he loved her, deep and lasting as a tidal wave upon wrecked shores, she was too pure, too naive for the warrior in many ways- and they were untouchable, unable to even be glanced at, for his foolish heart was the one at fault. The link between consciousness and beating vessel was disconnected, severed, and in it's lacking presence there was a variety of miscommunications. Was the King even capable of love when he could not even recognize not categorize his inherent emotions?

Exasperation drove him to the edge, in quite a literal fashion. Staring down the precipice, past the bleached sheer cliff and the jagged rocks, the roaring water imitating the irritation of self pounding in his ears, to a vision only he could see. Mounting, climbing, surmounting all patience Evangeline had urged him to exercise. He was incapable damn it! A mighty roar of sundered heart stripped vocal chords, powerful limbs throwing his body from the precipice to the waters below, degrading self-hatred a fire in the pit of his skeleton jar.

Snap of wings, violent rush of wind wiping all sound from the pits of his ears as feathers rustled and screeched, clawing for the air that would save him from the ruin at the bottom of the drop. A powerful thrust, muscles hot and firm beneath roiling golden skin as they worked triple time, and the soothing glide of aiding current that jerked his body like a marionette on a string. Cocoa hooves skimmed the sea in skips and skirts, spray of sea foam cool and refreshing upon newly glittering splashed-upon skin. Sailed away from the ghosts and memories haunting him, inland from the cliff he'd thrown himself from.

There was no goal in mind, no destination to aim toward, merely the action of pumping wings and forceful forgetting. And he managed to lose himself, for countless hours where the sun sank down, down, down, a broken winged Phoenix in silent rapture of its fall from Grace. Bathing him in the light of its sin, last vestiges of warmth a reassurance that the darkness of his soul was incomparable to the oncoming swathe of blackness signifying midnight hours.

When at last he fell, uncontrolled and violent with the memory of dark, dark eyes and glittering golden scales flashing in his eyes like sadistic fireworks, it was with a cloud of dirt and flurry of spun gold feathers. Struck by a thousand arrows from Eros' quiver, slain by the magnitude of the love he had to give. Grief overwhelmed the pitiful flesh the Gods had crafted for him, a sense of betrayal that they made him so flawed, so capable of the magnitude of heartbreak he was helplessly conducting, unstoppable even in the face of his ragged desperation to cease whatever made him so destructive.

Electricity crackled on quickly heating wind, body glowing blue, blue, blue like the blue of his eyes, the blue of the ocean he'd contemplated embracing if only to spare the hearts of the maidens he had never wished to harm. Blue like his sorrow. Blue, blue, blue. Fissures jumping from wingtips, dancing between bristled feathers alight with the arcing energy, crackling like a forest fire in the deadened silence of the suffocating blanket of night. Howls of agony caught, trapped, pinned in a golden glass throat, bare to the world in a display of silent suffering.

He didn't deserve the release of screaming.

@[Satanic Silk]

Credit

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

TANDAVI & NATRAJ</style>
we walked a lonely road
beneath the fire of a thousand suns
</style>

The child of fire and moonlight is in mourning.

She walks along the dusty path, and the soot rises up to stain her sides, dampening bright copper into old, clouded brass. Striped hooves tear into salted earth, pushing aside the fragile ground with a careless melancholy; the whirling particles reflect her mind, meaningless, infinite, and aimlessly falling. A flicker, a flame, she drifts on the wind, letting her thoughts rest and release, smelling the air and tasting the magic and wondering, wondering, when everything changed.

She mourns the home she once called hers, the moonlit forests and crashing coast. Childhood memories dance through her eyes, pictures without feelings of a happier time; she wonders where that innocence went, when she first fell into the clutch of depression. No, not depression- she is not quite sad. Not the way her mother was, tired beneath such deep black eyes, weariness and wariness marking the lines of her words, the arch of her manner. In her youth she had watched as Rishima wandered, discontent but resigned to the life she now led. Copper child always knew her mother had not quite meant to give birth, had seen the way her aunt looked upon the twins and noted that the moonlit mare's eyes never reflected such motherly love. She had seen this without seeing, not until now, and the trouble of what to do with this knowledge deepens her mourning for ignorant days.

The dust settles, and she walks once more, reflecting on the fact that she does not know her sire. Certainly her mother had never loved a man, not the way Mirage looked upon Vikram. That her uncles are her fathers does not enter her mind; it never has, for how could they be one and the same? In the days of endless night when she had sometimes wandered alone, fantasizing of a father who would come take her away. In some dreams he was chestnut, a beast of brawn and bravery; in others he was kind and soft, his voice infused with love. In very few he took the form of Lace, though these flights of fancy were the fastest to die, for they were the only ones that came with a threat of deadly hope.

Gold legs press on, head shaking to dismiss the speculative thought. Her mane dances heavy, a mess on her neck; she looks back, instinctive, to check on the kitsune who sleeps on her back. Lately, she has found herself arguing with Natraj, unsure of the purpose of their lives, their desires. She mourns for the days when they saw eye to eye, when they agreed on the world and the world was theirs; days he remembers, and chooses to still live. But she cannot pretend that the world is alright, that her loneliness is quenched and her heart has grown full.

Black eyes drift to the opening skies, gaze sweeping aimlessly across horizon and cloud. The air is as empty as the wasteland before her, or so she first thinks, unfocused and void. Then a shape overtakes her, catches attention and draws her up, up to the heavens where above her a storm is beginning to rise, electric and animated, sudden and swift.

She wonders, at first, if it is Ampere; but the magic does taste like the electric mare, and the shape in its center is brighter than black. It is falling, a figure, cast from the sky and threatening to crash against the crust of the earth- an angel, perhaps, or a descendant god. She has yet to encounter the God of the Spark, and the arcing electrical current suggests that perhaps this shall be the day she does. Silent and still, she watches the figure, waiting for answers to questions unsaid, breath catching heavy in her throat and head arching up on a long, slender neck, to capture the details of this moment, this tale.

It's beautiful, she thinks. One of the most beautiful things she has ever seen.

"blah blah blah."

credit | credit

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Satanic Silk

I move through the Wilds, away from the desert land. The humidity in the air is overwhelming, suffocating. In the desert it is so dry, but as I've moved out in search of a little cooler weather in the shade of the mainland, I've started to feel the wetness and density of the air. I feel like my whole body is heavier, weighted down by the air. But I know what it means to feel such hot and humid air - a storm is coming. I raise my nose to the air and look to the sky. It darkens, night and storm mixing together to create a sky I would never challenge.

When I'm aware of my surroundings again, I find myself near the caves. The caves that I never took residence in during the darkness. No, I was a wraith. I was there at the beginning - to drop off Cypress - and at the end - to be healed by Midas and Hector. But here I am again, standing at the opening, staring into the darkness that could swallow me whole at any moment. The air is changing, a lonely breeze travels past, catching my mane and wafting it up to float gently. And then it began. The storm that was brewing finally came to its cusp, the tears from the collective sorrowful souls finally spilling from cloudy ducts to the receptive earth.

I raise my head to the sky, letting the droplets caress my face and wash the dust of the Throat away. To be clean again, to rid myself of the sand that hides in every crevice - the crevices you didn't know you had. But the peacefulness of the moment changes as lightning flashes through the night sky, seeking a home on earth. Thunder crashes, deafening in the otherwise silent sky. I look up, and see some... pegasus, if my eyes don't deceive me ... flying in the sky. I think for a moment that whomever it is is very foolish to be flying about in a storm. Just because we pegasi can fly does not mean that we are immune to the dangers of being in said sky. But the longer that I stare, I can make out that the daggers of light shooting through the darkness aren't just surrounding the pegasus - they look like they are emanating from him.

Is this what I've been searching for?

WC: 397
Tag: @[Kaj]

hungry for life
Image Credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Kaj</style>

quote quote quote

The Storm Bringer.

What a guileless name. Literal in senses that permeate an air of nausea in his realizations, that the physicality of his storms are not the extent of his damage. He is but a monster portraying himself as a gentleman, wrecking those in his path beneath the guise of brotherhood and love. Grief warped the truth of his loyalty into something vile and distasteful, and where Kaj's golden heart once beat was a broken glass vial spilling itself in acidic components across his vulnerable organs. For where once he saw only the good, the venerable of his life and cause, emotion had twisted the shroud and reflected the opposite. Even the strongest of men were mortal, and though Kaj had hoped to be alone in his sorrows, he is too virulent and tangible a presence to go unnoticed.

Thunder roils like a lion's throat, electricity sparking between charged golden filaments, uncontrolled as war was waged between mortal emotion and celestial aptitude. Muscles swell until prepped for a foe he cannot fight, gleaming with the sheen of sweat borne of his lengthy travels from the coast, illuminated by the shocks of pale blue emitting from his form beneath the storm clouds. He is unaware of his audience, nares filled with the tang of his magic, the brimstone of his surroundings. Caught in the web of his memories, of a thousand strong hearts and gentle natures, of his loneliness and uselessness as a stallion in contrast to his defining moments as a leader. But as he turns in a violent whirl of frustration, he seeks them, the awed participants to the break of his mentality. They glow in his light, pierced by the ethereal azure of his eyes as he falls upon them as an eagle might its prey. But they are innocent in their rapture, in the misgivings of one particular fae gazing upon him, breath stolen and hope undeserved by the mere mortal she thought him not to be.

The will required to restrain the storm, internal and external, nearly cauterizes his soul. They are undeserving of the anger he holds towards himself, unaware of the labyrinth of emotion he was incapable of traversing. Why had the Gods crafted him so inept in the most valuable of arenas? Nostrils flare beneath the eery glow of azure gems, but the winds die and the crackle of hot electricity buzzes to the sound of angry hornets before cutting into choking silence. Clouds depart, feathers bereft of any charge, and he stands before them proud in musculature but decrepit in heart. Silent. A golden wraith, a King devoid his crown in these wild lands, staring down the quiet gatherers in his presence. What words could be possibly conjure for them? Apologies, for drawing them to his side in worry, perhaps seeking a God he could never hope to be? For daring to be weak? Or was it instead a greeting he should utter? But the silence of his soul is a comfort, the aftermath his resting ground. Why would they care for his title?

Instead he is left silent, bereft of words, leaving to them the task of engagement. For he was clueless to what they could possibly want with a broken King on a starry night, desolate in the absence of his fury.

Credit

@[Tandavi]

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

Satanic Silk

Above in the sky the one who's identity is completely unknown to me flies about, the stars illuminating his dark back drop. I do not know him but he must be important to have gathered the attention of myself and the female near me. She smells like the Throat, though I do not know her. I step closer to her, as if to ask her a question about what's going on. It's not just as if, it's a real intention. But before I do, the brute in the sky descends and finds us, landing nearby and saying nothing. Nothing? Really? No one shall speak? Perhaps I need to be the first.

"Who are you, to fly so haughtily over us?" Wow, attitude much? Nothing has really brought it on, except frustration at the silence. The skies seem to have calmed for the moment, and I blink the rain from my eyes so I can better see this brute and the girl. He is a pale dun, chocolate hues complicating his coloring into something a little more intriguing. I stare at him expectantly, but switch my gaze to the girl, wondering if perhaps she'll respond. Will the storm that he brings come back with my insolence? Maybe. Or maybe they'll continue to be silent as the grave and I'll just practice my monologue. I'm here to get shit done, not have a walk through the rain.

"Well, either of you? Speak up and at least say your name so I can know what to label you as." I snort and raise a brow. I realize that perhaps it is my responsibility now to introduce myself as well, since I've demanded it of others. "I am Satanic Silk of the Throat." There, now they know.

WC: 293
Tag: @[Tandavi] & @[Kaj]

hungry for life
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Kaj</style>

Silence envelopes the trio, one Kaj is unsure how to break. Is it worth breaking in the first place? They were merely passerby, were they not? Drawn to him simply because of his inability to contain the storm of his own emotions. Why were they gathered round him? Were they expecting some sort of apology for his concoction, for his heralding of the storm they'd unwittingly been witness to? There was no forthcoming answer from the little lass with the big, warm eyes. Stunned, it seemed, though Kaj could not comprehend why she would be. Surely a misunderstanding? Kaj was not deserving of such a stunned, delighted gaze, no matter her silence. It seemed to be one or the other, however, for soon the stallion was speaking with a harsh voice and sardonic lilt to his lyrics. Kaj slowly turned his gaze to the other pegasus, staring at him silently before snorting softly. "I was unaware that there was a haughty way to fly," he rumbled, brow arching towards the young one. "Had you wanted my name you merely could have ask, you need not bluster in such a pointlessly roundabout way." Though his words are inherently reprimanding, almost mocking but not quite, it is delivered in a soft, husky tone of voice that rings of brotherhood and kinship. It seemed he was incapable of shaking such a thing.

Deep eyes flicker between kaj's figure and the unnamed, silent girl nearby. There is nothing that escapes her silent, immovable lips while the stranger waits for any response from her. It's fruitless in the end. Though it seems the stallion is not happy with the silence, and Kaj is rather at a loss of what to say to the rude fellow. Eyes narrow slightly, a warning but with no inherent anger in it. Relatively harmless in comparison to what he was capable of. "You are a rather demanding youngling," he commented plainly, aware of the stallion's age and finding him rather childlike, disappointed to see he was not as mature as his form belied. Even so, he doesn't want to sit by and hear more squalling, so he abides in the end.

"My name is Kaj the Storm Bringer, King of the World's Edge. Is there a reason you seek me? Or was it just to exercise your tongue on those content with silence?" It may have been harsh once, but the words were mildly playful, clearly cutting the kid a break as he had no interest in doing anything else that evening. Silk was providing a welcome distraction, at least, from the convoluted mess of his own mind.

Credit

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

TANDAVI & NATRAJ</style>
we walked a lonely road
</style>
The electric arches diminish and cease, but the taste of magics sits heavy on her tongue. It smells of blue and the deep night sky, looks like action, like current, like storm. She watches in wonder as the bronze form descends, inhales him and decides he does not smell of a god, but rather something mortal, something real and whole. His magic is not vast enough, does not consume her as the Sun Lord's did... but it is still strong, and she shudders beneath the weight of it, swallows down the power, and forces the storm in her veins to subdue.

Onyx gaze does not leave the stag; for some reason he feels safe, stirs in her a memory of closeness, of security. She wonders if he is from the Edge, if he knows her mother; she remembers a meeting, remembers a war, remembers so little to have forgotten so much. A name sits uneasy at the tip of her tongue, not quite prepared to make itself known; but the girl is patient, and she waits for it to appear, mind still occupied with the pulsating power, the magic which pushes against muscle and mass.

The black and red stallion does not enter her thoughts, not until he shatters the still with his abrasive voice and crass accusation. She startles and blinks, turning to him; dark eyes meet red and she wonders, why? Why question beauty, throw insult at grace? Can he not see the majesty of the power he holds? She sees crimson crescent and large, leathery wings; this male is nothing she has ever seen, but remnants of wraith shapes peer into her thoughts. The sharp bite of ire rises in her throat, and with it the threatening swell of the storm; she swallows and shudders, the hair on her spine rising with shock. I won't lose control, I won't lose control...

She finds the deep voice softening, soothing; it reminds her of the Earth God, trembles through her bones. She leans into the sound without hearing the words, struggling to hold onto the world, and as they continue to bicker she does not respond, not until a word darts into her ears and shakes her resolve, jolts her awake. "Kaj!" she repeats, eyes wide with revelation, memories finally fitting into a picture, a place. Thoughts of a home where her family reigned, remnants of sunlight darting through trees. You knew my mother, she wants to confess...

...but the deep words are lost beneath the dancing of sparks, an electric spatter which jumps from her hide, cracking the air as she loses control, sputtering and laughing as a child on the wind. She gasps and cries out, frustration ringing with fear; at her hooves a boy in black appears, holding her, biting her, calming her down. Breathe, coaches Natraj, and she listens, focuses, forces fresh air into narrow lungs, until the tiny storm dissipates and fades, and she is left in the rain.

credit | credit

Satanic Silk
At first, it seems that the stormy one takes offense to my words. As well he should, it was rude and contemptuous of me. But of course I couldn't help my sassy tongue, as might be expected. But as he speaks, his retort turns from annoyed to amused, and I find my own body language relaxing and becoming more friendly as well. My tail stops the swishing that had begun and hangs relaxed instead, and my ears swivel forward receptively. I am surprised to learn that he is Kaj, King of the World's Edge. Instantly I realize that perhaps his attitude is deserving, and that I am almost definitely in the wrong. For him to seemingly forgive me so quickly is evidence of his graciousness. The younger one next to me finally responds to the situation, and seems to belong to the encounter much more than I do. She gasps the King's name, and I eye her with surprise. She knows him? Am I really that distant from the world that I know neither of these two?

Yes, yes I am. My presence in the Throat before the Darkness was brief. I met only a few there before I became infected. And of course, I was one of those infected the longest during the Darkness, and I suppose much took place in the time that I was gone and lost to the world. When I returned to the land of the living (and the untainted), I went to a different home, and met others. These two are not from that herd, from the Falls. Can I fault myself for not knowing either of them? No, perhaps not. But I still feel embarrassed that I am so ignorant.

Sparks and rumbling bring me back to the present, out of my thoughts. I expect to see them coming from Kaj, but they are coming from the girl, instead. I take a step away, nares flaring. I did not expect the storm to occur so close to me. But why step away - isn't this what I wanted? To be shocked and have the sun amulet that I wear protect me? Yes, but that doesn't stop me from being a little nervous around something that could stop my heart. I look at them both and decide maybe I should apologize, and introduce myself. "I apologize for my brusque greeting. I'm Satanic Silk of the Throat. I had not sought you, but now that you're here...." I'm not sure how to ask 'shock me please', but I'm not one to have the kitty cat steal my tongue either. I glance at the younger one as well when I ask my question. "Would either of you be willing to shock me - so I may absorb the magic with my amulet?" I gesture to the sun amulet hanging on a gold chain around my neck. I am loathe to part with it, for it was given to me by Africa. But then, I would also like to get my fire magic.

WC: 504

hungry for life
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Kaj

comets fell from the sky
I took your breath, you took my sorrow

There is something achingly, naggingly familiar about the golden girl with the lovely dreadlocks. It lay in her eyes, in the quiet of her persona, and most of all the branded crescent upon her features. He cannot place it, for she is too light, too brilliant for him not to be slowed with how he is blinded by her. Distracted further by the stallion in their midst. But she is like a ghost, a reminder of his past, walking straight out of a daydream and into the corporeal world. His gaze returns to her constantly, attempting to fit together these pieces into the landscape puzzle they belong into. They are brethren, he can feel the storm in her skin, can nearly taste the thunder she can surely let loose. But there are matters of importance, such as respect and mannerisms, and Silk is just as valid a presence as Tandavi is. Kaj will not allow himself to forget that, will not play favoritism with strangers, no matter that one looked like a ghost from his past.

But he cannot focus, for her agony is all to real, his name a shout on her trembling lips. And as he always has, he must shelter, protect. She is too young, too...familiar, for him to step away as the stallion does. No, he strides forth into her magic, into the sting of her force and makes a repeated soothing whicker of noise to reach for her ears. One wing gestures forth, tentative, hoping to grace her side and maybe calm her. She is already halfway there, he can see it in her face...her face...which holds a crescent...a...

And suddenly, he sees her.

Rishima.

They had journeyed together, to the Throat. Lived alongside one another for an entire season, sharing quiet laughter and tales to pass along the hours. The misplaced candidates, the only true family in a new land, and they had bonded in their time together. His moon sister. Mirage's sister. The wise, quietly fierce mare. And he sees her, in this child. In her face, in her resolute mannerisms that shine through her eyes even as she struggles to keep control. "Rishima?" he whispered. But no...it was not her, but surely her daughter? It had been so long...a name tickled the very back of his mind, unsure on his tongue even as he spoke it. "Tandavi?"

But they are interrupted, Silk dragging his attention away from the girl of his past as he apologizes. "An easy thing to forgive, Satanic Silk." What Kaj doesn't understand is the sudden request. Takes a moment to realize that, much like his help with Destrier long ago on his brother's quest. Clarity takes him, face clearing. "I would be honored to aid you in your efforts," he rumbled. Reluctantly stepping away from his beloved friend's daughter, he summoned his magic, letting it dance and crackle eerily upon a singular wing. With a vicious swipe he cast it from his feathers in a spiderweb arc towards Silk, aiming straight for his chest. If he gave no warning, maybe it would be better, would cause Silk to rely upon the amulet instead. Was that how it worked? Kaj wasn't entirely sure, and hoped he wouldn't harm the stag should he be wrong.

Credits

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

TANDAVI & NATRAJ</style>
we walked a lonely road
</style>
Rishima?

Her heart freezes in its heavy beat, pounding drum stilled by the breath of a single word. It lingers in the busy space, clearing an area of calm and withdrawal despite the energy which literally crackles between the three. Time stops, breath stops, all life pauses as that solitary word glitters before her, a frozen fractal in the livid sky, a callous memory so long subdued. When is the last time she heard her mother's name? The last time she - or anyone - said it? Where had it gone in the time between?

Do I really look anything like her?

The stallion speaks a second name, and the spell is broken as a spider's web. Black gaze does not leave his face as slow recognition creeps into his eyes; she sees in his expression that she is not her, but so much of her still remains, lingers on the gold of the copper-kissed youth. The slightest nod acknowledges his words, accompanied by a grimace of effort and pain. Magic crackles at the corners of her heart, strong and wild and too great to control. The other speaks a bizarre name, one she files away to recall again later... but he does not matter immensely to her, not until he speaks his strange request.

Who would wish to be struck with such power, to be hit by electrical currents and burns? Yet then, had she not done something similar once, without even the benefit of an amulet's protection? So long ago, it seems, before the night fell, before the wraiths came, before her mother disappeared... she looks between stallions and she feels out of place, a child cast into the world of adults, an observer once more without truly belonging.

She watches the sparks dance across Kaj's wing, shivering beneath the might of its scent, sound, and sight. It ripples of gold and the scent of bright fire, glitters with autumn and sings of the stars. Her power responds to it, blooming in her veins; she looks to the ground as the storm strikes at Silk, backing away from the force of the blow. For a minute the girl thinks she ought disappear, return to the darkness from whence she emerged: there is no God to find here, just a shade of the past, a familiar stranger who sees her mother, not her.

@[Satanic Silk]

[ so sorry this took forever I totally spaced x.x ]

credit | credit

Satanic Silk
As I suspected, there is something that exists between Kaj the King and this one whom he names Tandavi. Ah, well, at least I know the name of my herdmate now. I sense, however, that this relationships is strange, unknown, and maybe not even a comfortable one for either of them. It's not my place to dig or pry, though I can't help but try to decipher it on my own in silence - my curiosity has no master. He seems to mistake her for someone else, but then comes to know her face. She doesn't reply. Kaj turns toward me, and forgiveness comes swiftly and easily. I realize that I am lucky to have not offended someone who tends to hold grudges. He is a kindly king, and within seconds there are sparks, electricity running along his wings.

He gives me no warning, and with one large, smooth motion his wing moves toward me and lit energy flies toward me. I can't help my panic - it's unnatural to ASK to be shocked and my instincts are ruling my body. I try to dodge, as if that was even possible. I want very much to hide, to protect myself, but at the same time - the Time God's demands are clearly meant to play a prank on me and oh how well it is going for him! Oh all the confusing thoughts. I rear and my wings spread, big and veiny, illuminated by the sparks. His magic, however, does not touch me. Instead, the amulet that hangs on a golden chain 'round my neck begins to glow bright red, and the lightning strikes the gem. I think that under such force the stone might shatter, but it holds strong and seems to glow even brighter the more lightning strikes it. Instead of bright red, the glow starts to lose saturation and glow like the moon.

Finally, his magic ceases, and I come to rest on my hooves again, eyes wild with unmasked terror. Everything has gone well, but adrenaline rushes through me, and my heart is pumping blood through my veins as hard as it can. I wonder - can they hear it threatening to burst through my chest? My nostrils flare as I try to get air into my lungs and calm my body. I'm stuttering now as I speak: "Th-thank you." I bow my head to them both. "I am in your debt."

WC: 402

hungry for life
Image Credit
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread