the Rift

[OPEN] the earth has music (welcoming)

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
E L S A
Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making..

When she finally agrees to follow, Elsa sighs in relief. Maybe, she can finally do something beneficial for the herd. She was going to open her mouth to speak again, but it cut off, by a snarky but funny comment by Kirah. "Well, it would be quite the sight if you could fly!" She answered with a wink. Elsa opened her wings then, too, as if she was going to take off, before snapping them closed. "As much fun as it would be to have you try and follow me, I am a little nicer than I look." She said sheepishly. Of course she would never abandon someone who seemed so generally nice.

Elsa headed north then, not really saying much else, only looking back every so often. It would be quite unfortunate if poor Kirah got lost before she even arrived in the Falls! But soon, the thick forest of the threshold dissipated into lush forests and raging waterfalls. In the heat of the day, a couple watery rainbows cast a beautiful scene over the Falls. Elsa smiled, standing a little taller knowing that her home did not look like a dump. Just before she entered, she stopped and turned back, hoping to speak to a Kirah that was still following her. "Welcome to the Falls. Have you thought about what you will become during your stay, or for permanence should you like it?" She asked curiously. She was a little biased in wanting her to become an artisan, but whatever she chose, she would do great in. No one was really left behind here!

words 266 | tags @[Kirah] | ooc others are welcome! <3

Table by Vossity
Credits
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Kirah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Kirah

Kirah offered her own sheepish smile at Elsa's joke. She already did like the mare a lot. Kirah gazed around the world in wonder, trying to memorise everything. She was aware that Elsa glanced back ever so often, and she smiled to herself. She had made a friend!

Kirah stopped for a heartbeat as she wondered at the falls. It was breath-taking! It was hot, but the spray-mist from the waterfalls cooled the atmosphere. Rainbows could be spotted here and there, and the world just seemed perfect.

Kirah pricked her ears when Elsa turned and spoke. Kirah thought for a moment. "I think I might enjoy the life of a healer, but wherever there is a spot I will try my best." she said with a genuine smile.

She stopped and watched an orange and black butterfly fly past her nose, giggling a bit in her heart. There was something about the place that just made her feel happy. Maybe she would stay after all. Having a home.

She considered the idea for a minute. A home sure did sound nice. Yes, maybe it will not be that bad. Nice, actually. She gazed at Elsa once again. She seemed happy. A sparkle in her eye that made Kirah wonder.

Kirah cleared her throat and spoke up again. "How long have you been here?" she asked curiously, motioning to a waterfall with her nose. Her small horns shone in the sunlight, looking like they were laminated. She pricked her ears and arched her neck a bit to catch Elsa's reply.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Elsa]
Words;; 264
Notes;; I'm really sorry it took so incredibly long :(. I hope this is ok, since Elsa's eye and all. I can edit any time :)

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Elsa came home, tailed by a pale lady with long dark locks of hair falling across shoulders and down the dainty curve of neck. Yar, another woman from the threshold. I leaned over the crest of a cliff, which had become my lookout point during recent months – they entered together and passed beyond the waterfall into our valley. I didn’t bother flying down, lest not yet. The capable mason seemed to be handling this situation rather well. If said girl needed assistance however, she’d only have to call out.

I listened from a distance as their feet clipped against stone and the like (at this height these ears couldn’t decipher their conversation.) Despite feeling joy at having yet another newblood join up, I couldn’t help but feel mildly worried that this family would soon be dominated by only females; especially if we didn’t get a few capable males from the harvest of wanderers. Though the surplus of girls didn’t have any intentional discomfort, a balance was good for most things, and certainly for this family. Too many of one sex could prove to be hazardous later. I’d have to break words with Seele on the matter.

Maybe the lack of male recruiters was the cause of such surplus – maybe…

”Midas.” Fina peered at me from the corner of one wing; she’d been napping, “Ye really should find a hobby and worry less about things of little worth.” Beak went wide, yawning with the fork of tongue pointing out, “Ye could take up hunting for me?” she suggested with a humorous smile. Gaze shifted back to the forest, narrowing, “Yar, ye presses for the impossible.”

“Nothing is impossible.”

OCC: Midas is merely observing them. I don’t plan on posting again unless ya’ll need him <333 or simply want him.

MIDAS & FINA
I'm waking up to ash and dust

STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

E L S A

Elsa smiled at the kind words of the mare. She was nice, and seemed to be glad to get started. Whether or not she would actually like it here, only time would tell. Hopefully, it would be for the better, and maybe one day she’d climb up in the ranks. Then, Elsa would only demad the most eloquent speech from her about how without Elsa her life would be so different. Elsa almost laughed at the thought, thinking of how vain she had become in the last couple of weeks. It was never mean, but it certainly wasn’t a good quality to possess. But, she just nodded at the mare’s words. She understood, not many people were like Elsa, knowing what they wanted right away. But maybe, that wasn’t a bad thing. Elsa wondered if she had waited, and decided to become something else, if she would be a better character as a whole.

Well, hindsight was twenty-twenty, what if she had become a sleuth? Would she be the ninja top-secret spy? Or what if she had been a warrior? Would she have been in charge? That question seemed to linger the most. For how crazy everyone was, the people in charge of the actual army were the craziest. You’d think that maybe you’d have someone with a little more… reality in their life.

Time must go on, and nothing has burned to the ground yet, so that was a plus. But, then the mare asked a question, and Elsa looked at her, then back to the towering mountain. She was unaware of their little stalker, but even if she had seen him, she’d not be worried. Midas could literally do no harm, unless you decided to try and kick his butt, Which Elsa learned to hard way.

But, her attention on the question had brought her back from her musings. How long had she been here? Elsa tried to think back, everything pretty much went to shit after the whole zombie running around thing, but it really had not been that long, had it? She crinkled her nose in thought before finally settling upon an answer. “I can’t remember, this place has been such a huge part of my life, that thinking of life before the Falls, it’s all kind of a blur. I know, it’s cheesy, but true.” She smiled, proud that for once she was sticking up for something she believed in. “What are your first impressions so far?” She asked, quite curious. Did she like it? Or was she just being polite. “No need to lie, I promise I wont be offended, even after my cheesy speech.” She finished with a wink, finally allowing the girl a chance to talk.

words --- | tags @[Kirah] | ooc others are welcome! <3

Table by Vossity
Credits

Unregistered
Kirah

Kirah looked up at a mountain to the left out of the corner of her eye. Elsa had looked up, and Kirah was curious. A hint of gold caught her eye, and almost made her turn her head, but she resisted. Kirah wondered. Elsa had seemed to have a private joke with herself a bit earlier, and Kirah was curious as to what it was.

Kirah thought hard after Elsa explained what a big part this land had been to her. She herself had never really a place to call home, and no place that had been a big part of her. She had always been the type of being to wander around pointlessly. Never belonging to anyone or anything.

Her mind drifted again to the jobs and rankings. Yes, she would like healing. She had always cared for others above her self. Was that not the trait of a healer? But she would not mind being a creator. What was it called? The more Kirah thought, the farther away the thought slipped, so she gave up and left it. Working hard and then standing back to admire your work. Yes, she would like that.

She was pulled out of thought by Elsa. The mare had asked what her first impression was. Kirah was surprised that the mare had not found it obvious by her wonder."It's.....breath-taking really. The water and the greenery.....the butterflies," she said with a little smile. "And I love the heat and tropical nature," she added.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Elsa]
Words;; 254
Notes;;

E L S A

Well, at least she liked it, that was a good start right?

Again, that smile fell across her face. She couldn't stop smiling lately and honestly, she was a little creeped out by herself because of it. Kirah seemed in awe of the scenery and everything about it. Elsa exhaled, as if a large load had been taken off of her shoulders and playful nudge was aimed towards Kirah. Hopefully she was the touchy type, otherwise, this might be a tad... ya know.. odd.

"I know." Elsa finally replied with a sigh. "But I can tell you that I much prefer the cold to the heat. It can get ungodly hot up there sometimes. Its a good thing the gods placed a bunch of water up here, am I right?" She looked to the mare raising an eyebrow as if she had told a funny joke. Really Elsa, is that the best joke you can think of right now? Awkward fool.

"We can go in now. I think. You gotta get through a waterfall though, it may be kinda wet, but, its not bad in this weather." She said, eyeing the ledge. Never before had she needed to use this passage, except for that one fateful time not long ago. It was a terrible experience, and she much preferred taking the easy way up and over the edge. But alas, not everyone has giant albatross wings strapped to their backs. "I can lead the way, if you'd like." She nodded to the trodden path that had obviously ended up beneath the falls. "Once we are up there, I can set you free to explore your options, meet other people, fall in love, you know, the cool stuff." She finished with a giggle. Man, it was nice to be happy for once.

words --- | tags @[Kirah] | ooc sorry for the wait D;

Table by Vossity
Credits

Unregistered
Kirah

Kirah's ears shot forward curiously as Elsa nudged her shoulder. She smiled warmly and nudged the winged one back. Kirah laughed at the appropriate time on a lame but sweet joke Elsa made. It was a warm, hearty laugh coated in feminine sweetness. It was a laugh that assured Elsa that her joke was funny, even if just a bit. A laugh that could set anyone on ease. "I don't mind the heat too much, it is after all bred into my blood," Kirah commented on her Arabian heritage and smiled a bit.

Kirah's face turned curious when Elsa said she would lead the way through the waterfall. "Lead right on," she said with a little laugh and threw her nose in the direction of the waterfall. Her long forelock fell over her eyes, and she peered once more at their surroundings.

It was pure peace and serenity. The only sounds were the quiet whispers of the waterfalls, and a bird's song every now and then. It was the kind of peace that soothed one's soul. A deep silence that is so loud with the most beautiful, subtle sounds. Kirah sighed deeply. Yes, she will stay, no doubt about it. If this was the happiness one's soul could harvest, she would be a fool not to stay. "I'm staying," she said quite suddenly. "I mean, it's pretty great," she added more coolly, embarrassed at her sudden words earlier.

She giggled once more along with Elsa when she told of the 'fun stuff'. "Well let's go then! I can't wait!" she said happily.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Elsa]
Words;; 277
Notes;; Awww! No worries! <3

E L S A

Oh goodness! This girl... liked.... the heat? Elsa shook her head in mock horror. How could one like this overbearing sun! But alas, not everyone was as keen to the winter days as Elsa was. But she was just as eager to be introduced to the land as Elsa was as eager to get her into the herd. She was more than certain that she would fit in fine.

When she gave the permission to lead on, she walked forward. The Falls roared and tumbled, beckoning them to enter. "This is the fun part." Elsa said with a pathetic half laugh. She liked water, but not when it was being dumped upon her. As she stepped forward, the water rushed over her back, quickly blanketing her body in cool water. It was unexpected, and she bounded forward, sliding to an unsteady stop in the cave entrance. She shook, and waited for Kirah to get through, if she decided to follow. "Fun right?" She said with sarcasm. "Well the hardest part is over, it's just up this way!" Her steps were careful across the wet stone, until the cave finally broke out in to the lush crater that is the falls. The foliage was extended in a beautiful expanse, and Elsa inhaled a breath. It smelled like home, that was for sure.

She turned, hoping Kirah had made it out unharmed. "Welcome to the Falls Kirah." She looked back out onto the Falls, it certainly was beautiful. Maybe her whole stature looked a little overdramatic, but that made things more fun right? "You're welcome to go about by yourself now, unless you have any last questions. I don't want to keep you waiting, I truly mean it when I say you've got a vast future ahead of you." She smiled confidently, Kirah would do well here.

words --- | tags @[Kirah] | ooc I think we can call this done <3 unless Kirah would like to ask her more questions!

Table by Vossity
Credits

Unregistered
Thank you for all the help and such! <3