the Rift

[OPEN] Lost In A Simple Game.

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

Am I unlovable?

Do the souls around me see only despair and hopelessness when they lay their gaze upon me before they turn away to enjoy their own blissfull lives? Do any of them stop and consider who really hides behind these eyes of swirling black and brown, or have the harsh exterior proven to be too much of an armor? I do not know, but I do care. I am only one of two souls born into this darkened body and every day I fight for my survival. My mind is not my own anymore.

So I keep my distance from the others while I keep an eye on a life I will never have. I had a taste of it once, but as the plague swept across the land, it suffocated my one chance for happiness. I let the darkness take me too, as I pushed away the only one who truly saw me for who I am. It gets harder to breathe and I turn my head away. Why are you tormenting me so?

I see her face sometimes when I sleep and once in a while, the wind grants me a reminder of her sweet smell. It is in those moments I am truly alive, truly breathing. But then it gets dark and the wind dies along with my memories. For each passing day it gets harder and harder to remember her as she were. I do not even know if you are alive, my Queen. Why do you not show yourself to me as you once did?

I am about to give up.

Give up on life, love, everything. I see no reason for my heart to continue beating if this is all I can look forward to. The world is and will always be a better place without me. So I walk away from the laughter and joy, and towards my own end.

Take me away.

Windwalker

OOC - So sorry for the depressed post, but Windy is in a pretty bad place at the moment. Also, I am not going to let him kill himself because that would make me cry a lot. I just think he needs a shoulder to cry on (if he's capable of crying).
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven
She fled to the island again. It was a sanctuary, a harbour where stressed and torn souls could retire; where the weight of the world seemed to lift from their shoulders, if only for the duration of their stay.

Perhaps it was her personality, so easily swayed by the turmoil in her life, a cushion crushed so quickly by the careless tread of those around her. The Wildfire had returned to the Throat, and with his return came an insatiable guilt – because she knew deep within – that either she or Sohalia would soon be relieved of her crown. It was only right, he was a marvellous creature, proud, spiritual and strong, and though she knew not the most recent of his afflictions, the Starry-Eyed was convinced that one purpose drove him home. She loved her place in the herd, though timid and without the confidence of her predecessors, the one-winged had immersed herself tirelessly in the duty bestowed by the God of the Sun, all for the sake of her family.

That responsibility though, could be just as quickly reversed. She knew that such a fate was beyond her control.

For many days she had avoided prayer – she was terrified to learn His preference in leaders, Africa knew she her existence was meagre in comparison to Gaucho’s. She had avoided her friends and she stayed hidden from her family. Perhaps she was subconsciously trying to delay the inevitable. Why are you so concerned? Silas asked often, purring as he preened thistles from her naked coat in a show of affectionate support, and really, she couldn’t find an answer. Was it that she feared failing those she cared so much for? Or was it because she felt like at last they were growing, a labour of her love? Maybe it was that and more. The time was coming quickly nevertheless, when she would need to confront the Wildfire – when the destiny of the Throat’s leadership would be revealed.

She walked quickly, buried beneath plaguing thoughts, but wearing all the same a careful smile so that her mood could be concealed. The bright hum of activity lifted through the atmosphere above the village, and she gazed down at it with lips fastened tightly around a despairing breath. Let us forget everything today, she suggested, lifting her skull high as though to break past the blanket of stress upon her. Silas clucked quietly as he rested upon the slope of her back, agreeing, but aware all the same that it was only she who could achieve that.

But as the one-winged mare stepped forward, there was a flicker of movement nearby, a shadow trudging up the valley– away from the celebration. “Wind?” she whispered, barely loud enough for even her own ears to hear. For the moment she waited frozen, paralysed by a confusion of fear and relief, pale creamy eyes fixed to the downtrodden creature as he continued towards her.

Image | Table by Silk

Windwalker Posts: 133
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3hh :: 8 Buff: NOVICE
Nanna

I am almost expecting the sky to open up and see a dragon soar down, jaws open to eat me, but as I walk further, nothing happens. Great. Not even dragons consider me as a proper meal. What a shame. So I go back to my dark thoughts and cuddle up with the monster inside. At least I have that.

My mind is so focused on misery and death that the message about another horse get lost on the way from the eyes to the brain. It takes a few seconds before it dawns on me, but it hits me like a rock when I hear my name. I know that voice. I've heard it so many times in my dreams, it almost sounds fake now. But as I stop and take in the sight, I know it is real.

"My Queen." is the only words I can find as the most beautiful creature shows herself to me. I want to run to her, tackle her to the ground and never let her go, but the chains I've made out of spite for the world, keeps me grounded and unable to move. "I thought you were dead.."

It is not easy to share my dread, not even to someone I hold so dearly in my heart. I have worked too hard, too long to distance myself from anything that makes me human. I do realize something though; if anyone can save me, it's her. My angel, my saviour, my Queen.

OOC - sorry for the wait! <3

Windwalker
[Image: 53837ef3a55e5]

I hate and I love. Why, you may ask?
I don’t know, but it’s happening, and I burn.
Please Tag Windwalker In Replies