the Rift

[OPEN] Seek Justice, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly [Leads/Ranked]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
StormBringer

Warm sand was displaced under the solid mass of the similarly painted stag standing upon it, staring into the distance of a temporary home he had once found shelter in many seasons ago. Where once he stood but a WingLeader with his sister at his side, heart on his sleeve and a loyal soldier to the draconic mistress of the night, he had grown in the seasons that had passed. It was odd, to see how the Throat had changed, how the path had narrowed and the wall had been erected. Nostalgic, almost. But now, he stood a King at their borders, with a far heavier burden upon his shoulders and old words upon his tongue. There was something far more delicate to be discussed now, and he could not rely upon the old treaties of his previous Queen to assure the safety of a family that now looked to him to keep them secure and thriving.

No matter how scared he was, he could not let such an expression show. He had to trust in the loyalty, the faith, that his people had in him. In the glow of belief he found in the eyes of those who had followed him to the South as he glanced over his shoulder to gaze upon them. Yes, they were the reason he kept fighting, kept soldiering on despite all the danger that danced at their borders and beyond. Smiling at them, hoping to instill a further sense of courage in their hearts, he let his crown fall back to the shimmering of the heat across the horizon, his own pale gold form warming beneath the autumn sun.

Briefly, he recalled Onni. The Illuminant had been one of his first friends in Helovia, and her kindness had sought out his heart and buried her memory deep. She had perhaps been more than a friend, once upon a time, but her memory was coated in gold and preserved in love no matter what Kaj had felt for her. At times he missed her, regretted not seeing her more often. Her warm smile and peaceful blue eyes, lazy afternoons spent wading through rivers and resting in sparse shade, hiding away from the heat of the summer sun. He missed her, and wondered if she still resided in the Dragon's Throat. Wondered if she would ever forgive him for not seeking out her company again, for letting their friendship dissolve like acid on a sugar cube.

Clearing his throat to himself, deep umber hooves moved forth towards the gate, trying to steel his insides for the potential rejection and the loss of hope that could accompany it. No, Kaj had to look on the bright side, had to remain hopeful. Had to take a page from Kahlua's book, for once. If he didn't, he might damn them with his jinx, and he would do anything if it meant keeping his family safe.

Pausing only as the reached the gate and the borders it straddled, he lifted his glorious crown and bellowed out into the air, vocals clear and strong as it beckoned those of rank forth into his fold to hear what he so desperately needed to say. Wondered if any would recognize him from a time long ago when he had stood among their ranks, a brother, and would welcome him with smiles and fond memories.

@[Fiore], @[Leeka], @[Sohalia], @[Africa]

venomxbaby @ DA :: Blusl @ DA

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Fiore Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Now light a match, stand back, watch them explode

Excitement filled his steps as for the first time Fiore set out on a role related mission. His first major task as a Sergeant, albeit the prospect didn't sound all too difficult, but it was a task all the same that the paint couldn't wait to fulfill. There was much of Helovia that Fiore had yet to see to, the only herd land he knew physically was his own, the rest were just names in passing. Today he would get to see the another herd, another landscape and new faces to meet. Fiore thrived on the social, a lonesome life was not something he sought and eagerly he followed the buttery King whom he knew little of, but respected all the same. Perhaps he would learn more about his Majesty on their mission to the Dragons Throat.

They travelled a long way south, across Wilds Fiore had never seen, now and then the paint would pause in his walk to inspect something odd or intriguing. The lapping of waves could be heard as they neared the vibrant land that consisted of a sandy surface and tough grasses. A bridge had formed to allow access over the wild and beautiful sea, an arid like smell mixed with salt filled his nostrils and the soldier took in a deep breath. Savouring the scent that accompanied the name Dragons Throat.

Fiore dutifully followed the seemingly stoic Kaj who said not a word as he approached the wall. The only noise to pass his lips was a call to those who lived here as they came to a halt by the gateway into the desert like land. Canyons could be seen in the distance and the paint boy stared out at the landscape in awe. So far, Helovia had proven to be a mixture of caves, woodland, mists and now deserts. He had even seen snow on those mountains in the north. The diverse climate intrigued him and the heat that accompanied this patch of earth was almost pleasant, though he imagined that the height of Tallsun would be rather arduous going.

He looked to Kaj with an encouraging smile, letting him now that his soldier was by his side, he wasn't alone with this task.

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

Although the allure of Caela Insula was great, it was her home that called to the dove, pulling her back again and again, almost as though she feared leaving it unprotected. She would not be much use in a fight, if she were to come upon one; but it was her duty all the same, an honor that she was most thankful for. After all, it was her promotion that caused her to change, evolve, strengthen, grow... it was her newfound leadership, her contemporary confidence, that had claimed the title khaleesi. It was not, perhaps, her official title, but somehow it meant all the more coming from his lips.

The angel watched the specks grow before her eyes, the outline of the pegasus and the equine blurred from her height. A small frown creased her brow, for they had yet to be joined by any of her family. At least they had waited at the borders - surely that was a good sign? If they had meant harm, they would have gone forth, regardless of the very clear border before which they stood. She tucked her wings slightly, her descent quick enough to pass the time yet slow enough to give them warning.

She landed in a gentle spray of sand, her ivory coat glinting in the Sun. His light was stronger here than it was elsewhere, despite the changing season and the ebbing of His power. The Transcended sent a brief prayer to their patron deity, thanking Him for the glorious day, asking His protection against the strangers; and then she spoke, cautious, but smiling nonetheless. "Greetings, friends. I apologize - I believe most of our herd is on Caela Insula at the moment. I hope I haven't kept you waiting long?" Her tone is apologetic, sheepish; but quietly commanding at the same time.

She did not carry the same brute strength that demanded respect that Gaucho and Midas, and Kri before them, had held in their grasp. Hers was a simpler kind of leadership, a political prowess born of words and wisdom; she believed in peace, and in brokering it by displays of goodwill. "I am Sohalia, Sultana of the Dragon's Throat," she said by way of introduction. "How may I be of service?"

"Talk talk talk."
you give up your soul till you break down;
subtlepatterns.com | foxyfirewings & larfsalot @ deviantart.com
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

StormBringer

The Sergeant accompanying him, the only to stride loyally by his flank through the Wilds of Helovia, was a quiet but insistent presence. One Kaj relied on to calm his nerves and remind him of why he stood upon malleable sands, seeking the rulers of a land he hoped to ally with. A symbol of his flock, with their upturned faces and trusting eyes. Fiore embodied them. Turning to Fiore he was met with an encouraging smile, a silent promise of fortitude and brotherhood. Kaj smiled back, conveying his gratitude. There was no doubt in his mind that Fiore was a suitable soul for the rank he held, and briefly regretted not having gotten to know him more since his promotion on the field of battle. Especially when he was such a diligent companion in their journey to the south. Deep vocals rumbled in unformed preceding of words, shaping his emotions of kinship into an audible craft so that the spotted Sergeant would not feel unappreciated. "Your presence is steadying, Fiore. I am proud to have you alongside me today." Honest aquamarine sought the eyes of his Sergeant as they awaited the arrival of a yet unknown leader.

She came in time, alone. Kaj was briefly gracious for his choice to bring along a singular companion, seeing her own lack of company. But there was a measure of disappointment to see Kri missing in her iron clad stead. Regardless as the lass landed and began her approach the King of the mists bowed before her in humble awareness of her rank, spoken on soft feminine vocals. Straightening to his proud height he dismissed kindly her apologies and respectful questioning. "We have not been in stasis long, my Lady. Our own flock to the island just as curiously." The celebration of their Goddess was still lurid in his mind, a beautiful affair to thank her for all she had gifted to them. Surely the lure of the island was working its magic on the minds of the desert children as well as it had those of the mists.

Business was quick to come round on pleasant tongue, and their own introductions were in order. "My name is Kaj, King of the World's Edge. This is my Sergeant Fiore. I came here as a WingLeader, many seasons ago, when Kri the Resolute reigned and our herds were sisters. We seek a potential friendship once more, a possible alliance in this time of peace as well. To reform a bond once shared between our people, and one still sought by those I govern today." The census had been clear in regards to the Throat. Those of the older Qian, who had lived beneath Mirage, found the desert dwellers to be brothers in sisters regardless of blood. It was preposterous to them, and to Kaj as well for he fell amongst their ranks with ease, to ever consider the Throatlings as anything less than kin.

"Our Doctors have compiled for you a peace offering- herbs found in our lands that do not thrive in yours. Alongside it is the offer of free training between our warriors and sneaks, and the help of our crafters to aid your forgers in whatever glass may be needed." In the lull of his speech he craned neck to grab the bundle, secured by twine, at the base of his neck woven into strands of silver and gold. Presented them to Sohalia, dipping crown to place the bundle at her hooves before retreating back to Fiore's spotted side. "It is a loaded question, requiring thought. We will not be disappointed shall you send us away with neutrality instead of alliance to bear news. But the Edge remembers the Throat as kin, and we seek to rebuild the relationship of our predecessors, the one which lasted our herds through countless invasions." It is abnormal for the King to speak so freely, but his tendencies were forced to the wayside in honor of his people and their needs. Awaiting with trembling hope the answer on Sohalia's tongue, the destiny to be forged between them on this day.

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!

Fiore Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory.

I love only that which they defend.
✿✿

He was glad for the words his King offered in return for his kind smile. His life so far seemed all rather rushed and it wasn't all that long since he had been stumbling into the Threshold wondering where on the planet he was. Know he was a Sergeant of a herd and on his first major role beside a stallion who was his King. In a sense, it was all rather bewildering and at the same time, it was exciting, invigorating and marvellous! The painted soldier caught his ruler's bright blue gaze and he smiled brightly with a slight, polite dip of his chestnut splashed head. "Thank you my King. May I serve you for many seasons more." He responded with great kindness and loyalty.

Fiore was sure there wasn't to be a day when he wouldn't be amazed that he lived side by side with these winged creatures. He watched in awe as the beautiful snowy mare glided down onto the sandy surface. Her body pristine and her words rightfully full of caution as she apologises, the Caela Insula was apparently an interest to all around Helovia. He wondered if the Dragons Throat was anything like the Worlds Edge, though their climates were certainly starkly different, did the residents here hope for the same peace that they did?

The Sergeant takes a step back from proceedings, allowing his King to take control of the matters at hand, he was a soldier to protect and offer input when asked. He did, however, offer a small greeting to the kindly Sultana when Kaj introduced him. "An honour, Lady Sohalia" his suave voice added before lips laced shut for the rest of the conversation. Instead he waited and listened with interest, wondering whether the Sultana would oblige their offer with alliance. The thought of training in a desert made him want to shudder, though perhaps it would do his endurance good, his body wanted to balk from it. If he must, he must.

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies

She remembered the alliance that her herd held with the World's Edge vividly. They had always been linked, the two herds, always had friendly relations - and when the unicorns of the North had attacked one, they had attacked both, fearing retribution from one or the other. Thankfully, the unicorns had lost that battle, though she feared they might soon return. But that was a worry for another day.

The dove had heard of the Stormbringer, and she welcomed the chance to put the name with a face. He was tall (but then everyone was, to her) and handsome, a light golden hue tipped in dark brown and platinum. His muscular stature pointed to a past position as a warrior, and something in his light blue eyes hinted at a fierce protector beneath the courteous diplomat he chose to show her now. She liked him immediately. "Well met, Your Majesty. Your reputation precedes you."

His sergeant, Fiore, had a different air about him - strong, but quiet, a softer version of his King. Still, she could see how one such as he could gain a monarch's trust. He seemed humble and devoted, though she knew that one in such a high-ranking position would also possess a keen intelligence and an innate ability for battle. "And it's quite lovely to make your acquaintance, Sergeant." She smiled.

Their proposition was straightforward enough, and she wanted quite badly to give an answer immediately - but without her partner here to voice an opinion, she could not readily give the proper response. "I have long lived in the Dragon's Throat, and I remember our families' bond," she agreed warmly. "I thank you for your kindness, and for the gifts you bear my herd - but I cannot accept them quite yet. I hope you won't think me unkind, but I must discuss your offer with Africa, for this is a decision I cannot make alone. I do, however, hope that you will allow our warriors and spies to train together once our decision is finalized. As for the herbs, your gift is very much appreciated, and I hope to take the offer not as an offering, but as a seal of our alliance. We will gift your herd with herbs, just as you have for us."

"Talk talk talk."
you give up your soul till you break down;
subtlepatterns.com | foxyfirewings & larfsalot @ deviantart.com
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!

StormBringer

Warmth flows from the spotted lad, seeking the battered King in all his nervous hopefulness, providing bedrock to place himself upon and ground the worries of his mind. Fiore was a fine Sergeant, and glowed like a star in the blackness of Kaj's trembling innermost thoughts. What had the Storm Bringer ever done to deserve such loyalty, such companionship? The majority of his people at minimum tolerated him, but the staggering amount of friends, of brothers and sisters, was what shocked him. Instead, pale azures attempted to convey the impossible depth of his gratitude to his Sergeant, wishing he knew what it was that drew in the souls of the wandering and convinced them of the stable home his heart could provide for them. "It would be an honor for you to do so Fiore," he was compelled to say, sincerity laced in his features, hugging every curve created by the lift of pale lips into a homely smile.

Briefly the King regrets not striking up more pervasive conversation on the trip to the desert, but it is not a rumination he can sustain as the bloodless beauty descends into their midst. Both stallions are respectful as can be, and Kaj feels pride welling in his breast, threatening to puff his wings in a guileless display at Fiore's impeccable timing and beautifully simplistic words. While it is odd to have a fellow leader call him Majesty, regal head bows in humble appreciation of the title, the welcome that echoes in her words. The thought of a reputation was similarly staggering, but he concealed any conflicted emotions from the hued eyes of the Sultana, careful to not destroy exactly what she had just mentioned.

Her warmth was contagious, and Kaj felt his heartbeat calm its crazy rhythm as she began to address his carefully constructed proposition. Whatever weight drew him down on the journey was lifted, relief shattering like a fragile vase inside his bones. The absence of the briefly mentioned Africa was noted, but left without judgment, for Kaj had attended to multiple problems and encounters without Kahlua. A nod of understanding preceded the relieved, gracious smile upon his handsome face. "I understand, Lady Sohalia. We will graciously accept what you have offered, and may your counsel with Lady Africa bear fruits we may both reap." Passing along the bag of herbs with a gentle nudge of deep brown walkers, the King shuffled his wings with a roll of massive shoulders and smiled kindly down at the petite leader.

"Your kindness will not be forgotten, Lady Sohalia of the desert. May the sun and moon be kin once again, in our futures." Respectfully he kneeled before her, an elaborate bow that lingered with maw breathing puffs of air upon the sands before it ended. Turning to Fiore with that last elegant display of impending departure, awaiting any parting words from his Sergeant, the King felt the glow of peace and hope reestablish itself in the very marrow of his skeleton. Maybe the Edge was finally growing.

---

Not the best, but wanted to wrap this up while I still had a laptop!

credit bronzehalo
Plot with me here!