the Rift

[OPEN] Hands that Painted the Stars [Sneak rank meeting]

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
If there is a time that a spy is least useful, it is perhaps in times of peace. One might assume that spies may use the guise of peace to discover useful information, but in truth, it is not that simple - particularly since this gods-mandated tranquility is but a mask used to cover the reality of unease that pervades the land of Helovia. Or, at least, that is how he perceives it. They may be kind to one another, show a smile and a nod to their neighbors; but do they trust one another? Hardly. And that is where he is left to pace and wonder and worry, for it is his job to dig up the secrets. There are always secrets to discover, but he has proven to be remarkably terrible at doing so.

Frustrated, he snorts, his hooves marking deep indentations in the hard soil. Orangemoon has come now, and he is no closer to finding anything of use than he was when he first assumed the position of Specter. He is, quite frankly, surprised that his King and Queen have not seen fit to replace him with someone competent. Hush, Zarina demands from her position on his withers. She is curled in a small ball, huddled in the warmth of his mane. Kaj and Kahlua like you. Maybe there is nothing to find. He shakes his head, distracted. There is always something to find. There is always some plot being dreamt up, always some alliance being formed, always some darkness to be prepared to beat back. That, if nothing else, he learned in his childhood.

"SNEAKS!" he bursts forth suddenly, his voice echoing through the dense trees of the Edge. "Come!" He shall see where they are, what they have learned, if they have learned anything at all. Perhaps he will be blessed with more than one to command, as he had last season - perhaps their swelling ranks will have blessed him with more troops to deploy. Or, if not that, maybe Hamaliel will have found out something useful.

"more words."

@[Hamaliel], @[Blightghast]
Please reply to this meeting by September 7. This is a required meeting if you wish to keep your position as a sneak rank. We will be going over seasonal requirements and expectations in addition to hopefully exchanging information! If you are a new member and are interested in sneak ranks, please post here also to express your interest!
Quilyan
counting on the night for a beautiful day;
subtlepatterns.com | kaydeniro & larfsalot @ deviantart
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Hamaliel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Hamaliel
i'm finally broken, falling too far
burned up in pieces from chasing your stars
I haven’t necessarily been hiding per se, simply mulling things over. My Heart isn’t with the Edge and yet I feel at home beside the cliffs of the seaside. Recently I’ve been spending most of my days alone and contemplating whether to simply leave without notice and move on to the place where Samael resids. Yet, I still linger a whole season has come and gone and I still linger in the Edge. Then a voice breaks the silence and I perk my ears forward as my thoughts are pulled from my self pity. It seems that the time to step up to the place of my responsibility has come. For a moment I hesitate. What is this point if I intend to leave this place? What is the point if I only ever plan to betray the gift given to join my beloved? With a simply sigh I decide to present myself the familiar face of the head of my ranks. Quilyan is his name I believe? I know so few of my herdmates. That’s what I get for wallowing in my own problems for so long. There will always be something weighing upon my mind it seems. Silently I blame the Father for all of this. Part of me wishes I had seen the monster my god had really been and the cruelty He unleashed upon me. When I look back upon it, I can say I was in love with Samael, but truly nothing could’ve surpassed my love for my Father. I was truer to him than the sole lover I have ever given my heart to.

I shove the thoughts away from my head and choose to dwell in the present, not the past. As my superior comes into sight I give out a soft whinny to alert my presence. For the moment, no words pass from my lips. I simply dip my head and wait for the others the may arrive.

"blah blah blah"
image credit

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
The Specter considers, as he waits for his subordinates, how little he has seen of his rank since his appointment by their monarchs. It blackens his already foul mood, for not only has he failed at the task set to him by his King, but he has failed to enforce the obedience of his spies. He is not used to failing, not when everything has always come so easily to him. It does not cross his mind that no one dares to show that they are better than the Prince, even if they are - instead, he assumes that he has simply always been better at everything than everyone. This position, this rank, it has been a test, one that he has failed miserably. For once, no one handed him the job on a silver platter, making it impossible for him to lose.

Zarina sighs softly as she wraps herself in his mane. She is aware of her bonded's thoughts and emotions, though she has long since become adept at separating them from her own. She has found that he is prone to fits of depression, mostly tied to his upbringing and his perceived failures in the modern day, and as her attempts to cheer him have always been met with a certain brusque irritability, she has given up. In fact, she has found that a good nap is almost always a cure for her half of his rages. It may not help him at all, but at least she doesn't have to listen to him anymore.

When the painted sleuth appears, the Specter shifts to face him, forcing a somewhat neutral expression onto his maw. "Hamaliel," he greets the stallion in a short bark, his restlessness showing even through his practiced courtier's facade. "It's been a while. Is there ought of interest in Helovia? I know of the floating island and the illusion of peace - but I fear there is war lingering on the horizon, as ever."

"more words."
Quilyan
counting on the night for a beautiful day;
subtlepatterns.com | kaydeniro & larfsalot @ deviantart
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!