the Rift

[OPEN] I like to rough and tumble

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
My toes spread as I pad through the Basin, digging into the grass and soil, feeling it stick between the phalanges. It's morning, the sun is rising, just an hour or so after dawn. I'm an early riser just as the sun, but I also am a fan of naps throughout the day, so my 'rising' is relative. My eyes blink, pupils dilating to accommodate for all the light that streams in. It's a cool morning, but with my thick coat I don't really notice - it feels quite pleasant, actually. I move out and away from the caves, strolling toward the middle of the Basin herdland, or at least, what I think is the middle. It would be smarter to patrol the outside edge, but I don't feel like patrolling. I feel like wandering. I find a spot warmed by sun and sit. Yawning, my tongue lolls out and my fangs flash. It doesn't seem like anyone is up yet, all the equine folk still passed out in their little homes. I slept just outside a cave, not wanting to hole up quite yet. What if someone came up and wanted to do me harm? I mean, I'm pretty confident that I can defend myself, but I don't have my full musculature yet and I'm still a little naive to the ways of the world. No role models, no one to tell me right, wrong, how to live. Zima and I have been figuring it out for ourselves, for better or worse. Perhaps I'll sleep in the cave in a few days, when I'm sure that no one is coming to do me harm. I yawn again and lie down, rolling over on to my back, nose full with the smell of grass and autumn, oncoming winter. The air brisk and cool blows gently by, ruffling the hairs on my white belly. I purr quietly, closing my eyes and letting my other senses be my warning system for anyone that comes by - friend or foe.

WC: 335
Tag: Open!

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

Delicately curved pale listeners twitch beneath a mess of spiraling silver and gold tresses, an unladylike yawn stretching bloodless lips and flaring blushed nostrils to reveal blunted teeth. It had been a long night, finding herself sleepless and fitful, memories of Confutatis and her twin sister's sudden appearance lingering at the forefront of her consciousness. Even Arya's slumbering presence had not been soothing enough to lull the young mother into a similar state in the arms of Morpheus. Instead she had kept both eyes upon the starlit sky, musing over the tangled web of emotions she hesitated to acknowledge lingering in her clavicle. By the time the artery of passing time had been sliced and the sun's blood swept in a morbid sweep across the previously scorched-black canvas, Hotaru had been blinking sleep free from dual colored eyes and cursing the newly arising feelings she had believed long slain and buried.

As Arya wandered out in her own little world, Hotaru kissed her goodbye and watched Odette in the distance, proud that she was able to trust her family to watch over the most important person in her world. Such was the reasoning behind her rejection of Tingal's propositioning. A scowl overtook her pretty features at the memory, sending her into an angered fit of movement away from her little cave and into the blinding light of the outside world. Tired limbs plodded on, armor warming beneath the pale reaches of the sun as she began a gentle lope around the cold glittering beach of the Basin lake, pride blooming in her veins and tempting a level of giddiness into her mindset. Exercise loosened her limbs, warmed her from the chill of the northern reaches, delicate bodice a sight to see streaming over the sands, gossamer puffs of icy breath clouding her maw. As the waters receded, her morning jog the secret to her slimmed belly post-birth, Hotaru allowed her body to relax and slow. She could feel the exhaustion steeping behind the temporary energy the exercise had granted her, and didn't want to push herself too hard.

Sighing, she glanced around, wondering where her wandering hooves had taken her. A bolt of I acknowledged fear and rage slammed into her as a striped form was spotted lounging in the sunny grasses. Tingal. But the figure was too small, too lithe in its languid repose to be the hulking monstrosity she so despised. A tiger then? The resemblance was staggering, but Hotaru doubted a humid-habitat tiger would be in the Basin without allegiance. It wasn't uncommon after all, for different species to seek their hospitality.

Approaching sluggishly she announced her presence with a careless whuffle and laughed softly, tiredly. "Truly, I am envious," she snorted, though the wisp of a smile was as friendly as she could get upon first greeting. Chancing a few steps closer. "Mind sharing your sun spot with a tired devil like myself?" Hotaru would find her own sunny area should she be denied but there was a surprising desire to not be alone for once. Maybe she would seek out Déodat or her lovely Lady later, if the inclination decided to stick around.

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Lauren

I think that I'm getting lost in my own thoughts, as I don't even hear the hooves approaching me. But then, as old and mature as I try to act, I am only a youngster. I can't get it right all the time, can I? When she speaks to softly announce her arrival, my eyes flash open and my pupils immediately adjust to the light, examining her piercingly. My nose twitches as I sniff the air and identify the mare's scent. I file it into my memory for future recognition, and slowly rise to my feet. I stand there, tail twitching back and forth. A unicorn - I'm recognizing a pattern - appearing with a reddish-gold coat and flaxen mane. I take in her statement and look over her.. I do think I notice a light sheen that covers her body. I nod politely and sit back on my haunches, not deciding yet if I trust her or not. But either way, I cannot touch her - she is of the Basin. I motion to the ground with a twitch of the head, inviting her to sit next to me. Horses don't sit, oh. Well, lie down then. I doubt she will, though, seeing as I certainly wouldn't. Would you trust a complete stranger? No. I trust one creature in this world and she is not even in Helovia right now. I banish the thought from my mind, not wanting to start pining when I should be paying acute attention to the blue-eyed one in front of me. "I do not own the sun." I speak simply, but the remark is subtly making fun of her comment. I cannot own something belonging to nature, an unseen force. I know that is not what she meant, but I cannot help myself. There's a twinkle in my eye that I hide by turning my face away from her. I lick my lips, wetting them, trying to ignore my stomach's reminders that I have not eaten yet today.

WC: 332
Tag: @[Hotaru]

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

Giant head turns to gaze upon the slim Phantom with the eyes of a predator, and yet Hotaru feels no fear. The wreath is cool and assuring against her neck, prepared to slide out and protect her with a simple thought. The tigress is kin, for now, and has done nothing to offend her nor warrant her anger and hostility. Except maybe looking too much like Tingal, of which is through no fault of her own and due to Hotaru's own misgivings with the hybrid stallion. Even so it is an odd experience, to gaze down at the nameless creature and see another species eyes looking back at her, intelligent and foreign all at once. It's quite like vertigo, but Hotaru holds her ground, gazing down at the prone tigress with a look of distant intrigue. Though Hotaru had not asked it of her, the tiger woman- was it a woman? Hotaru didn't know how to differentiate between tiger genders, had never had to before- easily slid to her paws as Hotaru's presence was noted. In moments she is nodding her great head and sitting back on her haunches once more, and Hotaru guesses she must have passed some sort of test to ensure such a response.

A motion of the square head suggests Hotaru lay beside her, and the strawberry lass decided hey, why the hell not? True she didn't trust the tigress, but call it a trust exercise. If they were both Basin, she had to at least try and extend a small portion of courtesy-trust, right? Fuck, Hotaru had lived alone for too long. So instead of overthinking it, the lithe thief walked over and promptly buckled her knees, dropping to her shins before rolling with a pleasant thump onto her side, briefly rolling before pausing to stare almost challengingly at Saffron. Judge all she wanted, Hotaru could handle her own, and she would damn well roll around like a foal right next to a predator if she wanted to.

The sarcastic comment inspires a snort of laughter from the woman, and a pleased smirk stretches her pale cream lips. "I like you, kid." Hell she's still a kid herself, but the word springs to her lips naturally, and she decides she likes it instantaneously. "Though I gotta point out, I never asked you to share the sun, just your spot. Wouldn't want my fat ass crushing you, now would you?" For effect she wiggles her hindquarters in the grass, winking and huffing a puff of laughter from her lips.

Yeah, maybe she could like this little tiger.

"So, what's your name miss tiger? I'm Hotaru, Phantom and resident hoarder of pretty and useful things." There's no frivolous extension of 'nice to meet you' or any such nonsense. She always found such sentiments ridiculous. Why would you say it's nice to meet someone if you don't even know them? You might hate them two minutes later if they said something stupid. But it didn't seem Saffron was the type to get offended, thank the gods, or else Hotaru would have to get up and find a different spot to sun herself. And it wouldn't be nearly as fun cracking wise ass jokes to herself. She'd just look crazy.

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Lauren
I watch the peach lady with somewhat wary eyes, but she seems friendly enough, and I do not indicate my watchfulness with more than a simple gaze. She takes me up on the offer and lies down next to me, taking it a step further with a good roll. Oh... oh that does sound nice. I shake my head, imagining the grass rubbing against my pelt. My mind so suggestible that just seeing her roll makes me want the same, almost desperately. My whiskers twitch... So tempted, and yet, do I trust this one enough to roll and expose my belly? Not yet, you bet your ass. The mare seems young, maybe only a little older than I am. That makes me trust her a little more, at least. 'I like you, kid.' Kid?! How could she call me such a thing?! But I am a kid. I'm not even full grown yet, though I'm close, and I haven't reached full emotional maturity, though I mask that fairly well, I think. I miss Zima. The pale one sasses me back, and a genuine smile starts to creep across my face. I open my mouth, letting my body take in her scent more strongly. She names herself just a moment later. Hotaru. She wiggles her bottom in the grass, and I can't help but find myself growing more comfortable with her. She's open, not so secretive, and friendly. Though I will never be a warm and cozy buddy, I suppose perhaps.. I can make friends.

"I am Saffron.. devourer." I do not consider myself a 'devourer' or anything else so terrifying sounding. This Hotaru is very respectful, and I find myself smiling and rolling in the grass as well, though moments ago I was unsure. Maybe, just maybe, these Basiners have some good hearts as well. Oh how good it feels to roll in the grass and let it rub against my skin through the thick fur. Like scratching an itch that lingers and persists, it feels so good and a purr, inaudible now, begins to build in my chest. I roll back over, covering my delicate areas again, and look back at Hotaru with brightening eyes - intelligent and peaceful. I do not seem at this moment the predator that I am at heart.

WC: 383
Tag: @[Hotaru]

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread