the Rift

[OPEN] Tiding (Herd)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Cold slant is beneath my feet. I stand, back facing the river. Crown angled toward the forest. It was twilight, our land was basked in a warm glow. Fina nudged my shoulder, “Call them, Midas. Be done with this.” The herd needed to know, I’d promised to announce it – and I’d make good of my word. “Hidden Falls, sisters and brothers. Hear my words today.” Earth had spoken, given his blessing for this to occur; and against my mortal instincts (for what good are instincts compared to the understanding of a god.) I went with it. If he believed no harm would come from this – if he believed the best, then I would trust his judgment…even if I couldn’t bring myself to yet trust them with something as precious as life.

They came. Slowly but steadily – most with curiosity, some with annoyance. I paid little attention to either expression and couldn’t bring myself to force a smile.

When a sufficient number of this family had mustered I spoke, “After a palaver with our patron God, it has come to my attention that Basin will be hosting a celebration; in honor of their patron lord.” Honeyed gaze is narrow and my words are even, lacking the familiarity of warmth, “All who are of unicorn descent are invited to this event.” One of those leaves that I’d been carrying around fluttered to the ground, trailing the air and blowing off toward the crowd. The crude little prints were a smudged from being hauled about, but it was mostly undamaged; “Be courteous to hosts if ye plan to attend, I would also advise a watchful eye – take such as ye will.”

OOC: You are not required to post to this. Midas will not likely be posting again, unless it is deemed necessary.

Image Credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
The colored wonder had been trailing after the paint since their rendezvous with the unicorns; a broad smile upon her lips and a dark chuckle falling from it as she watched the man labour on his journeys. Orange eyes had watched the encounter with interest -- although barred legs had itched to join in on the fun -- but now that the slated deity has left them the bird's curiosity has returned. What is it that you burned, Midas? What made you earn your punishment?

The peahen holds herself back amongst the shadows when she sees her Czar mount a tilted rock. A flaming gaze settles itself upon the backs of all those who present themselves at his call, again taking in the sight of all those who are still foreign to her. Among the crowd of those who mean nothing to her are some that she has seen before, but she feels no urge to greet them. I feel no bond with any of these beasts. What have they done to earn my trust? Despite her critical analysis the bird knows that each of those who have come here hold some integral part to running the herd. One of these days I will have to meet them all. Unlike what her thoughts might hint towards, she does not look forward to this ordeal.

The gold-footed man's tone shakes the bird free of her resentment. She listens to his words attentively, absorbing all of the information that she can until one juicy bit unsettles her. "All who are of unicorn descent are invited to this event." The maiden rips her head up skywards as bright plumage does the same. Unicorns only? We will see about that. Her ruffled feathers remain this way even as the vixen turns on dark heels, privately adjourning herself from the meeting.

Lean pillars are merciless to the foliage that blocks her departure, tearing at vines and uprooting ferns as she makes her way through it as hastily as she can. Churning legs halt in their upheaval of the land when her raging mind realizes that she has forgotten something. Where the hell is this place? A green banner whips against her flanks at her own stupidity, and broad sails snap open with a burst of annoyance. She has become hasty in her rage, but the volatile emotion is good for one thing: taking charge.

The seething maiden dashes forwards a few paces, launching herself into the air by the time she has gained enough speed to do so. With the anticipation of a party to crash, one must waste no time in following through with such things. The beauty redirects her course so that she can seek out one who may be of some use to her. It has been too long, Oxy.

{Woop for information! Although she forgot something vital! 8D Bellona is out!}

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."
BellonA
breathing life into battered bones
background pattern by webtreatsetc.deviantart.com
image credits

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Finally I've made it to something! Something that perhaps I am not needed at, but really, when am I ever needed? I plod along quietly, for the most part, violet eyes glancing around, looking from face to face as I move. No one is of particular interest but the painted King; his tiny body and all of its glory seemed to all be smashed into that silver thing hanging around his neck. What does that do anyway? 'Mental note: Ask Midas where you can get shiny necklaces', okay?

I stop on the outskirts of the meeting, though it is somewhat difficult because everyone staggers around and refuses to allow there to be an actual "outskirts" within ear shot. I stand around by myself, breathing slowly and trying to match my exhale with every other pump of my heart until I grow bored of that. Thankfully, Midas begins with what it was that he wanted us all gathered for, and I allow my eyes to dance back up into his direction. He spoke of a gathering, a party I imagined, that the Aurora Basin would be holding, and how that anyone of unicorn decent would be welcomed. The warning flew over my head as I suddenly found myself smiling at the idea of visiting the GildedBlade.

Once the Czar seemed to be finished with his -well, it didn't exactly feel like an invitation, more of a warning- gathering I guess, a colorful mare shot into the air, her hide dancing with life as she made her way out of the crowd. Completely unfocused and now giddy, I felt my face curl into a wicked grin and I pranced away with an arched tail and plenty of pep in my step.

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!