[OPEN] Excess Emotion

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte

A bone shatters, fall apart and hit the floor
If it doesn't thrill you it doesn't matter any more
</style>

The young rougarou is far too bold today for the Aztec's liking, his yips and barks pervading the air with almost as much as intensity as the wisps that surround his wriggling form. Much to the grumpy mare's displeasure, her companion's ability to swap bodies appears to be linked with his mood. Of course only she would make the effort of regarding this ability of his as a nuisance; should he ever decide to prove his worth to the malignant bird, then perhaps he should settle on a more impressive form than a cackling hyena or ugly chick. She had not slain the beast for nothing, after all.

What a pitiful scrap of fur. He still rots as if he is dead. The cruel words are not meant for his shifting ears, but the pup receives them regardless of their ignorance. He ceases his play all at once, no longer interested in chasing after the windswept petals. His mother may not realize it, but ever since the morning that he lay eyes on her, the bond between them was formed. How she cannot feel such an exquisite thing he does not know. Perhaps now is a good time to try and inform the Chieftess of such a link?

The young pup wrinkles his nose at the prospect, briefly considering how he would like it if he had his own mind invaded. Well, that happens already, doesn't it? What is there to lose? The rougarou timidly reaches out towards the maiden with his mind, picturing an apparition of himself approaching the basking bird. Brown eyes close in concentration and, deciding that conjuring up a second version of his own body is silly, he focuses on projecting his feelings instead. Small white teeth clamp together as he struggles to share the joy that he feels when romping amongst the flowers.

He is frozen in place as he does this, and the bird -- who is lying next to him, preening her feathers -- entertains the idea of knocking him over. What are you doing, mict- A blue crown launches itself in the air as striped legs rush to prop themselves up. Her brain aches and her eyes widen in shock as the sudden... cloud of emotion passes through her. Nervous energy fuels her system as she surveys the forest, her orange gaze darting from one falling leaf to the next in search of whatever has done this to her. A sudden gasp from between her hooves pulls her attention downwards.

"You. You did this?" Her tone is not light when she questions the pup, who is trying his best to press himself into the ground. He isn't sure how he expected the rainbow warrior to react to him, but he certainly did not anticipate this. The pup tries to explain how sorry he is for startling her, that he never meant her any harm, that he would never do it again-

THUMP. A laced pillar rises and crashes back down beside the hyena as he jumps to the side, his little maw parting in a yelp as he tries not to get impaled. His petite body quakes in fear at the sight of the snarling vixen, and he presses his nose into the dirt when he sees her prepare for another assault. He rushes to protect himself with another transmission towards her, this time one full of misunderstanding.

The peahen recoils from this third assault on her mind, planting her leg firmly in the dirt as she reels back. She snaps at the quivering bundle of fur, "Stop it! I don't know what you think you're doing, but stop going inside of my mind!" The raucous bird pauses, her last breath spent from screaming at the boy. Another foreign emotion invades her skull, but this time she is stunned into silence by how gentle it is. An air of calm passes over her, and she visibly relaxes from the tenderness that this feeling emits. A colorful body lowers itself until her belly presses against the dying grass. The peahen's harsh stare softens to something a bit more tender when she seeks out the child's molting form.

"I may have acted harshly, too. I... You should have told me of this ability sooner." She tries to be comforting to the lad as he makes the change, uncertain of whether there is any pain involved in such a process. When at last the boy transforms into a tiny black kitten, he shakes his head in response to her silent inquiry.

The bird does not take notice of his answer, but instead eyes his new body. "You've never taken that form before. What else can you do?" The coal-dusted feline flickers his ears back and forth, unsure of how to answer that without using any words. A shocked gasp sounds from the hybrid before he can consider the matter further. The boy is startled by this sudden burst of air, and he leans away from her maw as her breath combs his fur. "Feathers? Cats don't have feathers." The beauty snorts again, causing more hair to stir. "And that trick you did with your shell. Do you know how you did that?"

Uncertainty fills her mind, and this time she knows it is not just her own. What an odd little thing. The attentive maiden watches as the boy rolls his eyes, doing his best to project to her just how 'quiet' she thinks she is. The bird flicks her feathers as soon as she understands his message, disbelieving of his accusation even as she struggles to realize that it is true. Glossy tendrils swing back in an attempt to lie flat against her body, but their subtle movements have already captured someone else's attention.

Tiny paws reach out for them just as they fan out and, realizing what it is that the feathered feline is trying to do, the equine rolls away from him. His disappointment replaces her annoyance almost immediately, and with an exasperated snort she shifts her body back. All right, but only because we've learned something today. You better hope you don't break any of these -- then you'll most certainly feel my wrath. The playful kitten asserts his understanding with a pathetic mewl, his skinny onyx legs wrapping around a feather after he pounces. You do know that I hate children? Well, most children anyway. I guess if I’m stuck with you, then you’ll have to do. A tentative smile crosses her lips, her eyes following his streaking form as he plays. You’ll have to do.

"blah blah blah."

{@[Elsa] Sorry this got super long! And kind of sidetracked! Editing because I am a derp and he doesn't have his magic yet. XD}

mac4creativePeople @ flickr.com

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
Island, Island, Island.

That was all that ever was anymore! To say she was getting exasperated by all this stuff was a understatement. So much was going on, and man, in the process she almost had her ass handed to her again by some giant slithery serpent monster on the beach. How awesome.

The Pegasus who had won it looked oddly familiar, and she had seen her at herd meetings before, but nothing more than that. Elsa had never really developed an opinion one way or another about her, so she supposes its probably time to make a friendship or gain another enemy. It seemed to really be the only productive thing she had to do right now.

A frustrated call (well, more than one) assaulted her ears and was honestly giving her a headache. It seemed like a mother chastising a child, but then it suddenly turned into some sort of like friendship conversation. Elsa was never one to eaves drop, but when horses were being loud, that made their business her business.

So, with a grumble she decided to get off the ground to actually do something.

Her feet though, led her to an oddly familiar peacock horse thing with a wispy thing. Elsa let out an audible sigh, and an eye roll. Honestly, the fact that she had a wisp made her think she had a similar personality to Oxy. And Dang, if that was true, there was no way in heaven and hell that Elsa could survive dealing with Oxy in a female form.

So, Elsa did what she does best and just stood there. She watched the wispy shape do some pouncing, and watched as birdbrain who seemed to be just smitten. Elsa was, for some reason, in a particularly irritate mood, and it didn’t help that miss bird pants won an egg that could’ve easily been hers.

She was a little bitter, to say the least.

"speaky, squeaky"
[@[Bellona] sorry for the wait ^^]

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.