the Rift

Snowfall [God of the Earth]

Birch Posts: 37
Windtossed Foothills Warrior
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.1 hh :: 84 Months
Adoptable
The land has thus far proved to be unimpressive. He has carried his tired, massive form across each ridge and steppe, but found none of it a place that he could contentedly call home. He misses the cold he encountered upon his journeys. It had numbed him, chilled his blood to the point where the lethargy and frostbite set in. In those times he had felt almost dead. Only in that state had he felt at peace and had he forgotten his ghosts. Now he stood awake in the light of morning and remembered everything with a raw emotion that he despised.

How much better it was to forget and feel nothing than to know and feel everything. He longed for the prior state of mind, but wondered all the time if he could ever achieve such a condition of being. He rooted himself at the strange altars and let his mind wander aimlessly and endlessly. As the roots beneath the flesh of his legs twitched and coiled, as the life flowed within him, he desire for it to cease suddenly. How much simpler it would be if it all ended in just a moment.

But he was no god- life and death was not up to him. He would have to settle for the next best thing. He thought back the the cold of snow and the damp, frigid comfort it had brought him. Perhaps if he could not eradicate all feeling, he would just have to numb it.

[Birch comes seeking the ability to summon snowfall and snowstorms at a certain radius around him at any time; initial radius up to admins, can eventually be upgraded.]

img © Odalaigh

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Nothing but silence greets you. Try your luck again later.

Return Date: 11/13

Adoptable
[Hey, I forgot I had an extra VOTG roll as a prize- could I use that here or is it too late?]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God of the Earth initially backed off from the pull on his immortal form, but something caught his attention from his important duties of changing the seasons. With a mild hum, the massive beast erupted from the earth like a root and shook the dirt from his wings and mane. Deep, emerald eyes regarded the creature before him with interest, and he grinned. The God of the Earth was privy to some of the workings of other lands, but to have the Lignea migrate here was a wonderful thing indeed.

"Greetings, young sapling," he said in a deep, jovial voice. Whether or not the stallion was still a child was irrelevant to the ageless god. "What is it you seek with me?" he asked curiously, very interested in what such a foreigner would want from the god of a normal land.

Adoptable
A god appeared before him, and the arborun found himself greeted by a completely unfamiliar sight. He wondered if the gods here claimed to have control over everything- if they were in fact lords of life and death in this ailing world. Birch had watched it decline for years, seen war take lives and life cause war, but never had he thought of it in terms like these. Three simple gods that could toy with fate-alter one's destiny, grant them what they were never given at birth, what they possibly did not deserve. If he was thankful for anything it would be this. Logically it would make sense to find comfort in such a deity. But instead he thought of this as nothing more than another moment before he faced death.

With apathy, he listened to the booming voice of a god and only barely tilted his head to face one. He was asked a question, and answered not out of respect but a selfish necessity. "I long for the numbing cold of snowfall, god," Birch replied slowly, standing firm and rooted in place. "What must I do gain the ability to summon such a storm?" He concluded with a brief flash of red-flecked eyes and a look of finality. There was an end to all things, and perhaps he would succeed in hastening it, but he certainly did not seek to prolong it. This was no more than a detour- a single desire on the side of the road to the end.

[My apologies for the wait.]

img © Odalaigh

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The God of the Earth wondered why the half-tree was so melancholy, but he supposed that even mortals had things that weighed heavily upon their hearts. He wondered why a creature of the spring, made with such a figure would desire snowfall? The winter months were harsh and unforgiving as it was, and the trees dropped their leaves in an effort to survive.

Still, the Earth God could watch and wonder. "If you want to summon such a storm, then you should learn to appreciate its affects. Go to the Frostbreath Steppe and remain there for the remainder of Frostfall," he said in his usual, deep voice. "Meet the others who choose to live in this place so that you can appreciate both the beauty and destruction of snow."

Adoptable
Birch already felt the cold creeping over him as anticipation mounted and realized exhaustion began to take him by storm. His body sagged and his gaze drooped; a single leaf, one of the few remaining, fell from the proud birch sprouting from his spine. He was little more than a husk of death nowadays- one longing for cold and solitude and still the shatter of bones.

He still wasn't sure if he desired to witness his on death or another's. Either way it wasn't to be determined by him, and either way both would occur. Whether or not he wished it to be at his hoof or not changed from day to day. His eyes, flecked red, crossed over the form of the god quickly and then turned away. He understood the task and he would obey it to earn what he longed for. "I will do as you say, god," he spoke softly but strongly.

And then in silence the massive being turned and walked away, out of the shadow of the God of the Earth and towards the cold wind that had first welcomed him here.

[My apologies for the wait again. So this quest requires him to thread only in the Frostbreath steppe and hang out with people there? Can he continue a thread elsewhere if it's started?]

img © Odalaigh