the Rift

|learn| [earth god]

Willow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

WILLOW & ERMINE

.arborun lignea .. .mare. ..23 years. .. .16.3 hands.

Dawn had stirred Willow from her sleep not long ago, but she still moved in a daze from it. Her legs pulled taut and curled high about her chest as she stretched each in turn while walking, hoping to feel that eventual sliding release of comfort and wakefulness. Willow's mind still tumulted over the happenings at the meeting. Namely the act of healing done by Poppy. The political affairs held much less interest to her for the time being, but they did not go overlooked either. Everything here was a crucial detail to one as foreign as she.

Willow smiled a bit in thinking of the gray mare however. Poppy... she was near by, ever lingering close to her it would seem. She did not mind the presence, it was a welcome change to the normal reception she received. Yet still the mare's magic worried her at times. Willow did not like the way she could so effortlessly control plants on a whim, feeding them or starving them. Her own tree still ached in its depths from the experience in the Threshold. To what extent could Poppy affect her personally with such magic? Willow was in no hurry to find that answer, but her mind asked it every time she saw the grass around Poppy's hooves wilt and blow away.

Such meandering thoughts were interrupted only by a sudden rolling pang in her stomach. Breakfast! She'd completely forgotten, although now it was more like lunch tome. Had she been wandering so long? Anxious to eat, or drink rather, Willow cast her eyes around, but found the setting entirely unfamiliar to her. It was still the Foothills she believed, but not any part she'd traveled yet. This was not too surprising considering how new to arrive she was, but it did put a challenge to the lunch menu.

"Ermine" she asked softly. From her boughs came a stirring, the stoat scrambling down and drifting his long body in-between her ears. "Find water" she instructed cheerily. A chattering answered her as the ermine deftly leapt down her shoulder, long body slinking around the ground as the animal sniffed closely at the dirt. Before long he was leading her off, his tail a high flag behind him.

Together they happened upon the most magnificent pool of water, nestled in the foot of a mountain that cast its shade over the pond. Gemstones glistened in the edges and occasionally sparkled in the depths, for so clear was the water she could stare right down its heart. A soft gasp of wonder left her lips as Willow approached slowly, almost tentative to take of something so wonderful.

Ermine felt no such restrictions however, for he eagerly bounded into the pool, his lithe body breaking the surface with ripples and sent up a small splash that dotted Willow's nose. She jerked her head in surprise, a snort escaping her as she narrowed her eyes at the ermine. "Oh, you," she muttered in exasperation, laughing shortly thereafter. With the moment ruined and her hunger still present, Willow stepped forth and lowered her head to drink.

As she took in long droughts of the cool, refreshing liquid, her mind again wondered over what being a storyteller would entail in this herd. There was much to ask, to know, to learn.

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
Query yawned and stretched as the sun rose into the air and woke the land up. The birds chirpin' was a completely familiar sound to Query, one that she never got tired of. She loved the wilderness and was happy to be making new friends and learning about all the new things that these lands held that she never knew existed.

As she was roaming and grazing she heard the sound of a critter that she had met back at the heard meeting. It was the sound of the chattery Ermine. The pet/companion of Willow

At the meeting the new leader did encourage Query to learn more, and she figured that she could do that if she were to stick to Willow, who was seeking the title of storyteller.

She followed the sound of the two splashing around and came across a body of water that she herself had never seen before.

"Well, aren't you two a pair to draw two." Query chuckled. "I hope you don't mind that I followed you here. I figured that we could seek knowledge together. There's still so much in this land and others like yours that I wanna learn about. And I figured that you had a good understanding of all of this already and well...I was hopin' that you wouldn't mind another follower."

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

GOD of the EARTH
A change of seasons

Two ram's horns on a blood race face appeared in the pool, shimmering like a reflection from a creature who was not there. The water suddenly began to ripple wildly as if blow by a breeze, but no such weather rustled the trees. "Stand back, Willow," a deep voice murmured, reverberating from the water with punctuated rippling and splashing. The gemstones began to glow, colors reflected off of trees and leaves and casting a glorious rainbow upon Query and Willow, and the water began to rise.

Slowly, the pool took the shape of a large, draft equine with ram's horns and wings, and the water shifted over the form until it solidified. Blue waters swam in the eye sockets and turned into emerald green, and the liquid dripped and shifted across feathers that slowly turned into earthen browns.

Finally, the God of the Earth stood before the two mares, and he smiled, taking in the glorious beauty of the Foothills. "Too long has it been since I was summoned from this pool, and I am pleased that you are so in tune with the Earth, Willow. I have been waiting for someone like you to awaken the magic here." He spoke this deeply, voice like a thunder storm. "This is your time to seek knowledge, Willow, so I will answer your questions to the best of my knowledge."

The god glanced at Query then and smiled. "Greetings to you as well. I will answer your questions as well, since true friendship is a gift worth rewarding."

Willow Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

WILLOW & ERMINE

.arborun lignea .. .mare. ..23 years. .. .16.3 hands.

A voice coming from behind stole surprise over Willow as she whirled around, feeling like a filly being caught stealing away in the night all over again. Of course all she'd been doing was drinking, but the suspicion of this place being more than just beautiful had settled a guilt in her gut that the water did not help to wash away.

With ears spinning nervously Willow let lose a quipping laugh when she saw it was only Query following their tracks. The Lignea remembered her from the meeting, another one fond of knowledge and history. Green features crinkled with humor now soften with acceptance as the great head bobs in welcome. "Of course, we will learn best with two minds," Willow greets. The other words of Query leave her puzzled however, "another follower?"

Before anything more can be said on that topic however, Ermine began to shriek.

His body leapt up in the air, arched like a frightened cat, before he zips up Willow's leg and huddles in the dark of her leaves. The sound took her by such surprise she shies forward a bit, her flesh all in a scurry of twitches before she manages turn around and face whatever set Ermine so fearful. He'd seen the red face in the pool but now Willow watches it ripple and run under a breeze that did not touch her coat the same way.

"Peculiar," she breaths to herself. Just before taking a cautious step forward to investigate it further a strong, booming voice asks her to retreat. Jumping once more, for it seemed her thoughts read by another and the words so sudden and strange, Willow hastily pulls back. She has enough sense to listen to a talking body of water, queer or not.

The glow that began to dazzle from the depths set spots of color all over Willow and had her eyelashes sinking down to help shield her gaze. She blinks away at the light, determined to see the beauty as it dances all around her.

A gasp flees her throat as the stallion takes his shape from the water. He is seemingly poured into existence and Willow cannot help but feel her stomach churn. She didn't eat any of him did she? The horrific idea of it had her aghast and she solemnly vowed never to take of such glorious pools ever again.

Her speaks her name and it draws her back to attention. Only then did she realize he'd said it earlier, but amid all the confusion and bizarre, it seemed the least peculiar thing. Now however, it mystifies her. Who is this being she wonders, her heart yearning to know. Her tree seems to lean towards him, enchanted in its own way, glowing with a new vitality that is much unlike the change Poppy brought to it.

His voice is an odd thing to digest. It seems to draw to mind the noise of mighty trees cracking in a storm or rocks snapping down from a mountain side. It is strong and mighty, coming from the depths of his chest like an echo being tossed inside his barrel before trumpeting free. It is not frightful however, because there is a warmth to it, like moist and rich earth embracing her.

She smiles.

"Your kindness is only comparable to your beauty" she greets with a gentle song of voice. Unlike the strength that his words command, Willow is soft and fluid, the dance of her leaf tendrils in the wind. "I would know much" Willow began, almost a laugh to her tones. Not many dared be so open to question with her. He knew her name but did she truly know her? A jest is all, her green eyes say as they sparkle in the rainbow light.

"Perhaps first though, I wouldst know of you? You call me by name but I can only call you sir." She tilts her head with a gentle bow of humility. He is something great, that much she knows, but she feels a closeness with him that grants her tongue its playful chirp. There is warmth and welcome in his presence and she feels safe.

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

GOD of the EARTH
A change of seasons

The God of the Earth listened to the gentle manner in which Willow's tone graced his ancient ears, and a smile worked over his lips. He hoped to not have scared her too badly, though she seemed to have recovered well. Perhaps, with time, she would grow accustomed to his presence taking shape from the pool during the glorious daylight hours. When time allowed, the God of the Earth would enjoy relaying this history and future of Helovia to such a keen mind.

Deep, emerald eyes more rich than birdsong grasses watched curiously as she seemed to think, and though he could know all, he held back, allowing himself to discover this creature like a mortal - as she would learn himself. When was the last time he had been called beautiful. Never, rang in his mind. The stallion laughed a landslide, though the sound was kind. "Your definition of beauty defies much," he responded.

"I am the God of the Earth, Willow," he replied after taking a deep breath of crisp air. "My siblings and I made this land, and the ground beneath your hooves is my creation. The Foothills is the land which I have chosen to bless, and so I answer the calls of this pool when the sun still illuminates the sky."

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
((ooc: sorry it took me so long to get to this blu, i've been dealin' with a lot lately, and naturally been muse-less, so I'm just gonna try to throw together this post so we can get it movin'.))

Willow jumped once Query spoke up. Which was quite the opposite effect Query had intended. But once willow noticed that it was only Query she had settled down and welcomed her to join, though she was confused by her mention of another follower. "Well, I don't see her today, but back at the meeting there was another mare that seemed rather..." Query paused to search for a word, "...enamored of you..."

Then all of a sudden the gemstones around the pond began glowing and then the water transformed in a large horse with horns and wings, remindin' her a bit of Xenos Yaro, that she met shortly after she had joined the foothills. How quickly the twinge of fear subsided and curiosity and amazement once again took over.

This stallion stood there and essentially congratulated Willow in summoning him from this pool, and for being so in touch with the earth. Then gave his greetings to Query as well, and offered to answer the questions that she had.

As she was thinking of all the questions that she wanted to ask Willow stepped forth and asked him of his name, which he gave the answer, "God of Earth". She was shocked, she was finally meeting one of the gods that she'd heard about. One of the three that created the land. She was so excited about this that she couldn't think of any questions to ask, and thus decided that she'd just let Willow ask all the questions for now.