the Rift

[OPEN] pink rose velvet suede

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Dröm ♞
The Storyteller had happened upon the grove accidentally. In reality, she just had been wandering. She stood in the middle of tightly packed trees, where there happened to be a space. The nighttime air chilled her body as she shivered silently, attempting to decipher what she wanted to go. Go home or stay here exploring? She could meet someone new, and the thought excited her. There was two stallions she wasn't exactly fond of. The first was the dark stallion from the fields and the second was Lace from the Rotunda. Everyone else, I rather liked.

I begin to wonder what Midas had done to anger the Earth God. Perhaps she'll meet someone she can ask about the Earth God. Does he always have a bad temper? Is he easily pissed off? Perhaps I can talk about all of the gods. I can ask about the Sun, Moon and Spark god. Are they like the Earth, or crazy? Maybe more sane? Endless possibilities, really. She can see the lake. Her orbs trace the edge of the pool. The smell of the musty forest fills her lungs, but she is too cold too notice these things. With her head low and her mane curling at her neck, she sighs softly, preparing for the walk home.

She steps towards the exit. A cold breeze washes over her and she shivers. Her usually calm tresses dance wildly as the wind stings her eyes. She steps backwards into the cave, deciding she'll wait until morning to go home. There was no rush right now and it was much warmer inside. She breathes softly and attempts to sleep, but her mind makes her stay awake as she thinks of Morir and everything he entailed. Her life would be a wreck if she had done anything with him-- with anyone, really. She prefers to wait for the one, and she is not looking for him right now. Maybe later, but she has just been promoted and has a lot to think about. The added chaos would not be good.

Ooc: open!
"chatting."
shoot for the s t a r s
Image Credit
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

Ugh, I had to get away from the icy, personal hell that had become my home. Don’t get me wrong, so far there wasn’t too much for me to complain about. However, there were still a few things I could do without. Such as no longer ruling over others, having to take orders (despite the fact that none were given to me as of yet), and that god-forsaken cold. That was the primary reason for my little escape, I needed a break from the snow covered wasteland to take time to warm my bones and explore this new land. Night time was the perfect opportunity, as that was the coldest time in the mountains, and provided me leverage while most were sleeping. Perhaps I could find someone that could lead me back to the cold trail of my pet, I would take any little clue at this point. Perhaps I would meet someone with a little more sanity than Beloved, though I had to admit that she was incredibly intriguing with her oddities. I added a little mental post-it note to try and learn more about her, dig deeper into her brain and discover whatever secrets I could. Such behaviors led me to believe that she would be a fun little demoness to have around, enough to entertain me for a bit.

As I wandered mindlessly, I took a few moments to memorize the trees and different landscape. Now that I was granted a position as Phantom, I had to make sure I could learn the new lands with ease. I absolutely refused to settle for the lowest possible rank, and for the time being I would do my best to earn my title, prove that I was worthy enough for so much more than this. At least until I could come up with a final plan on what I wanted to do in Helovia. It was evident that there were still moments in which I forgot that I had changed when one of my horns caught onto a low-hanging branch, jerking my head back unexpectedly. With a frustrated grunt, I pulled forward to no avail. Some of the vegetation had managed to weave into the open hole of the larger horn. Quickly my chocolate gaze darted to make sure that no one had seen me in this embarrassing state, before jostling my crown violently before finally breaking free. The tree put up a good fight though, leaving a little leafy twig remnant.

With a grunt, I frowned. Ah, to hell with it. Who gave a rat’s ass that I had a twig stuck on my face? I was beyond caring at this rate, and continued to wander on, though much more mindful of low branches. Through the trees, I caught a glimpse of a welcome sight. A cave, one that reminded me of the underground tunnels that I once ruled over with a bloody, iron hoof. Oh sweet memories, how I missed that dark Srotigus Pit. Finding comfort in the familiar feeling that the cave brought me, I wasted no time in waltzing right in as though I owned the place. The chill of the winds outside stopped, and as my hooves clicked against the rocky floor, I gave a satisfied sigh. This was the perfect place for me to relax and collect my thoughts, a little hideaway for me to plot in while trying to survive this unicorn ridden land. But before my eyes could adjust to the new darkness, no longer blessed sight by the light of the moon, I realized that I was not alone in this cave. Nares flared at the scent of another, ears perking forward as I noted that the scent was feminine. Soon my eyes began to adjust, and I narrowed them on the figure of the mare that stood deeper in the cave.

She was quite a bit shorter than myself, dainty and petite with a beautiful frame. Oh my, this night just gets better and better! ”My, my…What have we hear?” My voice broke the silence of the night, echoing into the cave as smirked, hoping to wake her without causing too much panic. As much as I would love to see terror in another’s eyes at the sheer sight of me, I was more interested in the potential that this mare presented me with. Indeed, a pretty face could provide me with a great deal of fun for a night, if one was willing…Hell, even if one was not willing. Instinctively my crown raised with pride, grateful that the cave was tall enough that my twig-ridden horn would not hit the ceiling. Dark gaze continued to study her, and my breath was nearly stolen from me as I realized that this mare did not have any…extras on her. Not a single horn or feather marred her, and suddenly I found her all the more appealing. She was not a unicorn? Then that meant that there were more than unicorns residing in this hell-hole! Part of me began to wonder why all the unicorns of this land stuck together like a pack of wolves, while another part began to wonder what they would do if they learned that I was not always a unicorn myself. No, the Gods of Aeon had decided to ‘bless’ me with my crown, truly one of a kind and unparallel to any other horn that I had come across. Would they choose to find it impressive? That I was chosen to change to a unicorn? Or should they find it revolting that I was born of different blood?

Remembering that I was standing in another’s company, I broke away from my train of thought to offer a charmingly handsome smile at the damsel. “I don’t mean to intrude my dear, I was not expecting to find this cave already inhabited. Especially not by a lovely young lady such as yourself.” Indeed, usually caves were housing bats or lonely, ugly old hags. And this little lass certainly was not either of those.

Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Why am I even here? Is it a longing to have a baby, a relationship, a .. anything? Surely not, surely not at all. I take a swig from my pouch, making sure to get a big gulp to coat my throat and make the thinking stop. Too much thinking, profound thought that just makes my head hurt and my heart ache, way too often. The vodka burns my throat, but I'm used to it, and it's a pleasurable pain for me now. I wander with no particular destination in mind, and as I do, I hear voices nearby, echoing, resonating out into the open. I stop in my tracks and stare in the direction they come from. After a moment of wondering if I should pursue, I decide that I have nothing better to do with my time and I follow the tug. I find myself at the entrance to a cave, and the the voices come from inside. I enter, and it takes my eyes a moment to adjust from the light to poorly illuminated interior of the cave. A female, and a male. Neither are familiar to me, but I recognize the scent on the female of the Falls. Ah - a herd member I have yet to meet. Others may be more excited.. I, however, am just mildly intrigued. I've come after the conversation seems to have lulled, and insert myself in the appropriate break. "G'day Comrades." The female is simple, undecorated by horns or wings, and the male a unicorn with unique horns such as mine. "Enjoying a respite from the cooling air?" Don't ask me where my eloquence comes from, what a strange day it is for me. Completely bizarre, to be quite frank.

WC: 288
Tag: @[Dröm]
I counter your super long post with a super short one!

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

baylee
Dröm ♞
The stallion that waltzed into the grove had not noticed the girl right away, but she noticed him. One short ear tips backwards as the stallion situates himself, allowing her to get a good view of him. She smirks slightly, holding back a chortle. Wondering if he has noticed her yet, and somehow finding this oddly comical, she cocks her head slightly. Her forelock slides off of her ivory bridge and covers a caramel eye, the other still quite visible. His words ring in her ears. Did he wait so long because he thought she was in slumber? Ha! This rabbit is quite the opposite. Her usually doe-eyed, sweet, expression is lively, pulsing with energy. Though her body is tired, she is not. In fact, the girl is eager to meet this knew horse. Could she gain yet another friend?

"God kväll," she whispers softly, not wanting to scream, not wanting to even speak in a normal voice. A whisper, it was all that was needed for him to hear the words that simply meant good evening. She knew he would probably not understand her words, but decided he would hear what he wanted and that would be that. She reached her muzzle out towards him in a friendly greeting. This seemed to be something many Helovians did, so she wanted to do it too. She wanted to fit in, be like these horses. Did this stranger feel the same? Are they all on a mission to fit in?

He offers the rabbit a seductive smile as he begins speaking. He says a few things, but the main part that sticks out of his words are "lovely young lady such as yourself,” and she offers an equally beautiful smile in return, truly flattered by his words. However, his flirts do not have as much as an effect on her as they would've about a month ago. She has already learnt from a grullo stallion that flirting leads to fighting. She had somewhat fallen for his golden words, but that stallion had been quick to become angry with Drom. Now, she is not as easy.

A new stallion is quick to join them, and as the rabbits head straightens out, she decides it might be a good time to introduce herself. "Indeed we are. I am Dröm, a mare of the Falls." She announces to the both of them, content to leave out the part that she is the Storyteller. Her rank should not change their opinion on her, correct? She wonders where these stallions are from, but when she sucks in air to decipher where they come from, she can only smell the stench of something vulgar. This smell hadn't been here before, only when this second stallion showed up. To smell that bad you must be from the pits of hell. Well, maybe it's the canteen he has. She had noticed him drink out of it earlier. Was it truly the horrifying poison she imagined it to be?

Ooc: i was trying to describe the grove, not a cave ;3; mah bad <3
"chatting."
shoot for the s t a r s
Image Credit
pixel by baylee

Xyroca

My auds pricked forward to catch her whispers, thankful that the silence of the cave carried her voice so easily. I wondered why she spoke so softly, using words that I couldn’t even understand. However her tone was far from threatening, not the slightest sign of aggression presented towards me. Oh yes, this was going to be a good night if I can keep this up. As her muzzle reached forward, I tilted my crown slightly in confusion. That was…odd. I had never seen someone reach forward so quickly, and it honestly made me a little suspicious of the vixen. Instead of returning the stretch, my neck pulled back slightly until she smiled. Just as I was about to return the gesture, touch my muzzle to hers in hopes of generating a spark of passion, a voice ripped through the silence and caught her attention. In a split second, my mood drastically changed. Quickly, my head snapped around to look at the jackass who couldn’t take a hint and interrupted. As my gaze landed on the culprit, I felt my blood begin to boil.

’God damn these motherfucking unicorns!’ The thought screamed in my mind as I noted the set of horns upon his crown, my nose scrunching as I caught on to a disgusting smell that he gave off. I could damn near tremble with rage at this imbecile, but there was not an ounce of me that could show it just yet. I did not have the urge to battle right now, not while I was trying to take care of other needs. Instead of charging the unicorn with my blades turned towards him, ripping through his flesh and tackling him to the earth like I wanted, I narrowed my eyes sharply. I studied him, narrowing in on the flask he carried. The smell reminded me of when fruit had fallen from trees, beginning to ferment. I had witnessed other creatures each the rotting fruits, and how it affected them. ”It’s night, you inebriated cretin.” Nor was I his 'comrade'. The words were hissed through my teeth, ears pinning back angrily at his interruption. What kind of jackass just enters a cave, filled with nothing more than a stallion and a mare, and tried to make small talk? What if we were mates? What if we were actually in the middle of a vigorous workout that left me happy and her sore? Would you really want to see that? Or was he hoping to get in on the action.

The thought alone made me grumble with dislike, the sound eerily close to a growl as I continued to eye the stallion that had interrupted. One ear flipped towards the mare as she spoke, catching on to her name and the location. The Falls? Quickly the information was logged away for safe keeping. It was a shame, my anger towards the other stallion had completely erased my pleasant disposition. ”Panzram.” I muttered my introduction, withholding the name of my home purposefully. I wanted to see where this drunkard was from, and if he was a part of the unicorn clan that resided in the Aurora Basin. He certainly didn’t smell of it, but then again that toxin he drank could mask just about any other aroma. I would have to play nice if he was a Basin member, at least for the time being. Otherwise, fair game.

Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

I think to myself that she might have cursed at me, but no, would she? The tentative way that she says it, I can't imagine that she would ever be rude to someone else. So I say nothing in response. The stallion, on the other hand, would probably enjoy stabbing my through the head with those strange horns on his head. I snort at his retort that it is night and not day. Does he not know that 'g'day' can be used during the evening as well? Am I so blind that I cannot see night and day? Of course not you dumb fool. I throw him a cool but callous look, not bothering to answer his insult. He grumbles at me, and I ignore it. I turn my attention back to the mare as she introduces herself as Dröm of the Falls. I snuffle a little at recognition. I haven't seen her around, of course, but then there are many that I haven't met even as a Legatus. I look back to the stallion as he introduces himself - Panzram. I stare at him unimpressed.

I fail to introduce myself in return, not interested in giving Panzram an ounce of information about myself. He's going to be an ass to me and I shall be an ass to him. Tit for tat. I grunt at him, then bow my head politely to Dröm. "A pleasure to meet you Miss, we should rendezvous at home sometime." Of course I have indicated that I am from the Falls, for those smart enough to listen. Stupid creatures would not catch on. I lift my head again and watch the gruff stallion carefully. He acts like a teenager caught in the middle of trying to seduce the hot girl in school. To me it doesn't seem as if anything has happened, and I am no more in his way than he is in his own way. I remain silent now, waiting for them to respond should they choose to. I'm a little too sullen and wary to say much more.

WC: 346
Tag: @[Dröm]
Slowly fixing the errors from our previous posts. lol

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

baylee
Dröm ♞
The first stallion that had graced me with company announces himself as Panzram after a snarky remark to this new stallion. Upon failure of the new stallion stating his name, she know knows him as cretin, would that be good or bad for him in the future? The cretin is quick to focus his attention on the rabbit. He was small, still bigger than herself, but small compared to the average size of Helovians. The mare preferred them taller and stronger by far, but her personal preferences had nothing to do with the situation at hand. Actually, it has everything to do with this situation. After the cretin hinted that he lived in the same place as her, she grows wise and forms a plan to get him to leave, all while being kind.

"Perhaps we can. I am attending private matters at the moment however. I would love to meet you at home, where we can rendezvous" She wasn't sure what the word meant, but if it was anything that would cause her to become pregnant, she would certainly say no once at home. Would the stallion leave now? She hoped so. His smell was making her dizzy, too much, too strong, too quickly. The scent was like a bullet to the leg, excruciating.

She slowly moved her nuzzle closer to him, trying to show the stallion that they really needed to talk. What would happen if he left? What would Panzram do? Did she just say yes to something she doesn't want? She can always say no later, right?

Ooc: so sorry about this, I'm on my phone x|

"chatting."
shoot for the s t a r s
Image Credit

[/quote]
pixel by baylee

Xyroca

I wasn't really sure which was worse of the brute to do, to respond to my comment and irritation or to ignore them. The stranger chose the latter, and for some odd reason it only seemed to agitate me further. Auds pricked as he spoke to the mare before me, my bristled hairs settling down just slightly when he commented about rendezvousing with her at home. Although typically that would bother me, I was calmed by the fact that he was not a member of the Basin. Therefore, I didn't have to play nice with him. My ivory tassle lashed against my spotted flank in silent, mutual agreement to ignore each other.

However, I was incredibly surprised by the boldness of the petite equine mare. Auds flicked forward in the shock as she basically asked the drunkard to leave. Resisting the urge to smirk at the cretin, my dark orbs darted to him for only a moment before settling back to the chestnut. Indeed, we do have private matters to attend to...Crown raised slightly as I took a single step closer to the vixen, angling myself to watch the stallion as though daring him to go against her wishes. After all, it was not I that suggested he leave...Sure, my body language screamed the words for me, but at no point did I open my mouth and tell him to fuck off like I so desperately wanted to.

With my newfound protective stance over the mare, I wondered just what she thought she was getting herself into so willingly. Perhaps she could be more useful to me than I initially intended..."I apologize, it's just...There are matters that I wish to speak about with a woman right now, and an equine at that." While the apology tasted vile in my mouth, I told the truth completely. It was possible that my wanting to speak directly with an equine would cause some trouble for me in the future, but that was the least of my concerns.

OOC: Icky post...Sorry guys!

Surprisingly, Rostislav did not mean 'rendezvous' as in sex. How unlike him! Didn't you know he was being a gentleman for once? You give the poor boy no credit. But of course, nobody but him knows that, and the silly stallion didn't even think that his comment could have more than one meaning. Pity him, why don't you?

I'm only a little surprised when Dröm asks me to leave them in peace. I stare for a moment, the expression on my face questioning. Does she really want to be left alone with this guy? He's all.. weird and pushy and grouchy. But, I'm feeling quite relaxed and casual, and if they want me to leave then I shall. I've already made up my mind to go with a slight shrug (twitch?) of my shoulders in response. The words are on my lips, but Panzram speaks first. It's clear he's biting back harsh words, but he does a good job of making his response fairly polite. He stands protectively next to Dröm, as if she is some object of his. I think that the Falls mare may not know what's going on here, but she wants me gone and I respect that. I don't feel like having a cock fight here, and I don't have the energy for it. I make a mental note that if the strange-horned unicorn does anything against her will, I'll have to go give him the ol' one-two. You know.. horse boxing.. Haven't you heard of that? He makes a slight toward me, intimating that somehow equines are better than unicorns? But it doesn't make sense, because he's a unicorn too.... It's too much for me to handle at the moment, and I dismiss it, not bothering to waste brainpower on word choice. "Very well then. G'day comrades. I turn and leave the cave, picking up a trot as I enter into the open. I have no desire to listen to whatever they may be up to next.

WC: 332
comment: Rosti out!

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread