the Rift

[OPEN] We may as well be criminals

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan the Nightshade

There was a familiar calculating glint in the eyes of the Mender, who watched the galavanting moose kick up mud mixed with frost whilst Aramis shifted lightly on his paws, the itch to devour the mammal almost overpowering. Yet, Master had said “not yet son” and that, was that. The pair themselves had been here and there the past month, mostly grumbling in the dark caves as Tallsun took over the Basin. The season d’Artagnan hated the most. As time ticked and the leaves turned gold, the brooding Doctor decided he would try weave his way back into the Basin society. His mind had been contemplating the concerns of Kou and her wish to leave, becoming outcasts. However, the Nightshade had lived that life and he wondered if she would really enjoy it, especially with a foal at foot. Still, it didn’t stop his heart from clenching at the distance between them, there was so many things he wanted to ask her and talk to her about.

Back to the matter at hand, the Nightshade was observing the process of Snowweed as it took over the moose’s body and heightened his adrenaline. d’Artagnan had decided that the plant did nothing more than that and mentally listed it as a rather boring, but maybe useful, addition to his already long list of poisonous foliage. He watched for a little longer, a small berry wedged between his teeth that he chewed on now and then, the giddy moose fumbled with his own legs before hurtling himself towards the Time Mender and his hell born cur.

Long face, big shoulders and to most a foreboding animal when one was staring at it right down the barrel, death written all over his antlers. However, d’Artagnan had already planned for this and with a swift snort he released the magic he had been slowly building up whilst observing the creature before, sending it into the depths of the idiot mammal’s waters until finally it fell to the floor in deep sleep. The good Doctor sighed, feeling slightly drained from a magic experience he hadn't felt for a while, though his gaze told a different story of vigour and crazed excitement.

With a flick of contempt, the mad man released his hellion dog to finish the job and claim his reward for being so patient. Aramis leapt forward with great speed and soon the scent of flesh filled the air. d’Artagnan took a deep gulp of the bloody wind and a quiet frenetic laugh bubbled under his breath. Even if it was a simple animal who had no meaning, the shade still felt a stirring within his heart, he had been brooding for too long and sometimes it felt good let the shackles free of the raging soul he tried to hard to contain.

Credits: Image by Tamme

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx
Arya
Papa had dragged Arya on more boring patrols with more boring stories about men and their heroic deeds. The babe was blatantly uninterested in the plights of men, she wished to hear tales of valkyries and amazons. She wished to hear of the damsel crawling out of her own tower and riding off into the sunset with no prince charming at her side. Arya wanted to see brilliant women like her mother. She wanted to hear tales of clever and beautiful women that conquered the hearts of men. All she wanted was to hear a tale where the woman as not some object of a man’s charm. As her father finished the final chapter of another tale he shifted off into another mountain pass, simply telling the youth to not follow. As he left Odette remained at her side .There never was a time when she could wander on her own t seemed.

Arya walked at a slow trot her mind wandering in extravagant tales of battle and glory. She came to a stop as she spotted a most peculiar scene before her. The child gasped in horror as a strange stallion and dog brought down what had seemed nothing more than a harmless beast. The babe cantered forward toward the side of the beast as she felt tears in her eyes. So young she had never faced the cold reality of death. She had never faced the brutality of life. The Woman King remained oblivious to the curse that had befallen her upon birth, that this would be the first of countless deaths. The road she would walk was a lonely one, the road of an immortal. Her gaze flickered up to the stallion and for the first time she felt utter disgust and rage. This was because was a man. He didn’t comprehend the beauty of life and where it sprung from(Papa had once discussed the beauty of a woman’s womb, a weird and uncomfortable conversation at the time). As she eyed the other stallion’s horns her head cocked slightly as she realized the slight similarity between her own small crowns. Despite the fat tears that rolled down her face for but a moment longer she wound up giggling slightly.

“We match!” She declared, referring to their horns of course. “Papa only has one horn, and it’s red unlike mine which is blue. And I guess we don’t match completely since you broke your horn…. Did it hurt when it broke? I feel like that would hurt…” She briefly looked at the ground and frowned for but a moment. “Hey! What’s your name? I’m Arya! This is Odette, she’s my friend and Papa’s weird pet. Is that your pet? Do you live in the Basin to like Mama and Papa? I think it’s getting awfully cold to be honest. ”

As the child prattled on, Odette waddled over to the familiar face of Aramis and reached out to sniff her old acquaintance.

[ @[d'Artagnan] ]
If I look back, I am lost
Image Credit | Table by Sevin

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan the Nightshade

The body of the Moose was pulled to pieces rather quickly and d'Artagnan was sure that Aramis would either eat it whole, or eat and take some back to the caves for later. It was an odd moment where the shade felt his stomach turn as the hound dug into his meal, the actual killing part was rather marvellous in itself, but the Doctor was no meat eater and the thought made him shy away from the gruesome scene. That was until new, smaller hooves joined them along with the familiar appearance of Odette by her light coloured side.

She was a child d'Artagnan had never met before, but there was something distinctly familiar about her, perhaps it was the way in which her horns were growing. Or the way her body was beginning to curve. Perhaps it was just intuition that they shared the same blood, but before ears caught her light childlike words, his mismatched gaze watched as tears as they dripped down her face. The sight of a predator claiming his prey must have upset the girl and the shade sighed inwardly, reminding himself that bloodlust was often a trait gained rather than born with. Although he wondered sometimes, Aviya had always been a sturdy girl with a thing for death, perhaps she was a blip in the road. Not that he'd say that to her face, his eldest daughter had a hint of Kou in her that was almost equally as frightening.

"Why do you cry child?" He asked, wondering whether it was the sight of blood or perhaps the loss of life that rattled her youthful cage.

She soon bubbled over with words and d'Artagnan couldn't help but shake his head at the contradiction of tears and wild chatting. Perhaps they were tears of joy and not sorrow. Now that the Doctor would understand! It was these hastily put together words, however, that placed the last piece of the jigsaw in place and he found himself thinking of his flirtatious cousin with the fat ass. Indeed he would be surprised if this wasn't Déodat's child! Given her description of her father and the fact Odette was present.

With, at first, a grimace and a rather unwanted flashback to an embarrassing moment in his past, d'Artagnan began to answer the girls hurried questions. "Only my pride" he answered with a sigh. It was the end of his horn after all, no flesh was involved, but there was a great deal of dignity lost with it. He had also lost his place within his family that day and so one could say the loss of the end of his horn was also like losing a part of his life. He was glad to turn to more merrier and interesting things, a subject away from his deplorable past and switch attentions onto the girl. Or Arya, as she called herself. "Are you, perhaps, Déodat's child. The dog I've met before" he ushered to Odette with a small smile as Aramis offered her a piece of meat.

Finally he returned the courtesy and introduced himself "I'm d'Artagnan and indeed I do live in the Basin. I'm one of two Time Menders." Next he turned to Aramis "and this is Aramis, though I wouldn't call him a pet. More like a guard from hell" he smiled darkly.

@[Arya]
Credits: Image by Tamme

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Mirabella Posts: 35
Deceased atk: 3.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.0
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Two Years HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily

I had been out looking for Daddy. Since coming back from delievering the invitations I had stuck to Momma's side. Not that I really needed her, but she was starting to act strange. Today I had woken up to find her gone.... I don't know where she is. Guess it's a good thing I have already been learning to find and eat the grasses we walk on. That task is not easy given all the snow and ice up here... But that is not what I am worried about now, as I need to find Daddy and tell him that Momma has gone. After all, if I am to be strong like him... I need to know what to do so I can make him proud.

I am distracted however by a small group. Among that group is Odette! Surly that means Daddy is not to far away. I pick up my pace into a canter to close the space between us all. I catch the last of the girl's voicals and stop dead in my tracks. I’m Arya! This is Odette, she’s my friend and Papa’s weird pet. Is that your pet? Do you live in the Basin to like Mama and Papa? I think it’s getting awfully cold to be honest." Had I not been good enough? Was my Momma not good enough? When I look at her coat I realize just how much she looked like Daddy.... Maybe because I didn't look like him and had the strange color like Momma I wasn't good enough for him...

Well damn him. If i'm not good enough to teach as his firstborn, then i'll just have to prove him wrong. I stride forward with my head held high. I only stop when I am close enough to both be seen and heard. It is then I see the other companion tearing apart a moose. I did not cry, as for all I know it could of attacked someone. Why cry in the face of bloodshed? By now the stallion is speaking, my ears slide forward to listen. "Are you, perhaps, Déodat's child. The dog I've met before" Before I can even think I find myself answering for both of us even if I had not met this girl before. "We both must be. I am Mirabella, firstborn daughter of Déodat and Esther." She waited to see how the other two would take this information, while still waiting to see if Odette would greet her as well.

The stallion spoke again finally, and I couldn't help but smile a little. "I'm d'Artagnan and indeed I do live in the Basin. I'm one of two Time Menders." He paused for a moment. "and this is Aramis, though I wouldn't call him a pet. More like a guard from hell" I looked to the dog I had seen tearing into the moose. Yes, a guard from hell. "How did he become your's?" My question was innocent enough.... But with clear intent behind it. I wanted one like the guard from hell..... Forget having one like Daddy. I would be better, stronger than he ever will be.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

@[Arya] @[D'Artagnan] ((Hope you two don't mind I put Mira in here. If so i'll remove this))

Mirabella
x - x

I'm braver, because I fought a giant and won.
I'm stronger, because I had to be.
I'm happier, because I've learned what matters.
I stand taller, because I'm a survivor.

[Image: 53924d1345a8c]

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx
Arya
Arya looked at the stallion almost with surprise. Why did she cry? Was he so blind o the corpse that lay at their feet? For a moment the child had no answer and she simply shrugged her shoulders. In many stories the heroes killed monsters and their enemies, but the creature before her wasn’t evil looking or even remotely monstrous. Really it looked like it could’ve been quite friendly. All of it would be forgotten though as she began to chatter on and on. Many a time, her father had hushed her gently, and said she often ran her mouth swifter than the wildest winds. She simply had many questions and there was no reason for them not to be asked and answered. For the world was a brilliant place filled with wonders that she had yet to see and in her young mind adults had all the answers.

As the strange red stallion answered her first question Arya giggled a bit. “So it just didn’t hurt physically.” She couldn’t grasp why so much was weighed upon the pair of nubs that were growing out from her head. Such things were but glass spikes and nothing more. Weapons she had concluded in her mind, pulled from the stories her father told. She paid no mind to Odette who crawled forward to snatch the meat that had been offered to her gladly. At the question of her father the child looked upward as she wracked her brain for the name of her father. Before she could answer, another filly strode up. The filly couldn’t be much older than herself and yet she declared herself the eldest of the pair. Had Papa ever mentioned a sister? Their time usually was brief and consisted entirely of stories so she supposed there never was time to mention a sister. Unlike the other sister, Mirabella simply felt curiosity. The child’s attention had always been wrapped up in her mother and she knew full well that she was her mother’s treasure. In the end, the first born could be the prize of her father, Arya had no need for men’s approval.

Arya watched as Odette flung herself at the other child, her tail wagging a million miles an hour. Arya cocked her head slightly and shrugged ever so slightly. “I would assume so if Déodat is your father to.” She blurted out. “Though my mother is Hotaru.” There was pride at the mention of her mother. None were held in the position that of her mother and would dare her sister to speak ill of the women that treasured her so.

Her gaze flickered toward d’Artagnan as Mirabella asked how to acquire such creatures. “I do love a good story!” Arya said practically bouncing on her hooves.

@[d'Artagnan] @[Mirabella]
If I look back, I am lost
Image Credit | Table by Sevin

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission