the Rift

Back to the black.

Vale Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Vale

The early morning darkness brought a stilled silence broken occasionally by the soft rumble of thunder on the horizon. Dark, heavy clouds billowed with the promise of rain and haloed by the erratic dance of lightning. Golden orbs looked towards the storm, revelling in the chaotic and dangerous nature that matched his own. Nostrils flared and he breathed in deeply smelling the rain on the air, fresh and new. Long sleek legs tipped with boned hooves sunk softly into the dirt, tracing the stallion’s way through the threshold of this new land. A lone jagged wolf hunting for something he was wasn’t entirely sure of, something he didn’t even realise he needed.

Vale had gotten bored, so terribly bored in the last godforsaken hole he’d been living in, and like he always did when things started to quieten down and he felt like he was getting too settled, he left. Pride would never let him admit it but roaming from place to place always felt like he was in control of at least one thing in his life, one thing that he could decide for himself. Life had been rough from the get-go, but that was being an orphan at a young age for you and besides Vale reckoned he’d turned out alright, good looks and all. He was a cocky bastard, but hey the young wolf felt he’d earned that.

He sobered for a moment pulling himself out of his drifting train of thought, the sun had finally peaked above the horizon enough to lighten the ground and the flickering light of the occasional electric flash from the distant storm formed broken shadows of himself on the ground. A splinted and jagged bone crested towards the sky, a hollowed horn that had seen its fair share of blood. His pale imitation flickered and disappeared and he wondered vaguely what the hell he was even doing here. What was a wolf without his pack, without a family? He hadn’t known the comforts of kin since he was barely a yearling. Flashes of soft brown eyes or a warm baritone voice assaulted his dreams occasionally and he wondered if he was remembering them at all or if it was just the thoughts of desires that provoked those pictures. But his parents were long gone and maybe this train of thought needed to go with them.

Vale shed the last clinging spider-web of thought and turned his golden gaze towards the brightening gap between the trees. His wolfish grin flashed in the on-coming dawn and as he made his way under the canopy of boughs, he wondered just what kind of trouble he could get himself into this time.

A lone wolf, a rebellious son.
Table Credit

Image Credit

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

Slick black ears caught the rumble of thunder grumbling off in the distance and his nose caught the scent of rain on the wind. There would be a storm here soon and the open fields just under the mountain were not the place to be. Aramis increased his pace, soft pads only touching the ground for as long as they needed to as he bounded towards the cluster of trees that marked the beginning of the Threshold. It was there he waited under the canopy of naked branches, that had already shed their leaves, for his blood coated friend to catch up. Their mission to find some more interesting poisons now changing destination to the Threshold.

d'Artagnan's cloven feet eventually caught up to his hell born friend and he grunted at the sky with an unsure frown. Perhaps the rain would fall as snow on the highest peaks of the mountain and the Nightshade was contemplating cutting his little trip short so he didn't get snowed out. However, they had come this far after all and the pair soon began to trek through the dark forest in hopes of finding something or someone to make their journey a non-wasted one. His leather strapped bag tied securely to his shoulder held all sorts of products he had been slowly collecting.

The lightening continued on in the distance, its jagged flashes hitting his glass horns and sending jagged looking reflections across his face. It had been awhile since the Doctor had left the mountain and already he missed its cold touch. He sighed and reminded himself that he couldn't always be surrounded by comfort, no matter how lazy he really wanted to be. The trees passed by and the pair delved deeper until Aramis made a sharp noise to alert his friend to the presence of the dark coated unicorn.

d'Artagnan fell to a halt a few paces away from the dark brother, his mismatched eyes noting his macabre like appearance with a glint of approval before a half smile wove onto his sooty lips. "I haven't seen you before" he quietly remarked, resting a back hoof as he did so. "Who are you? Where are you from?"
Don’t look at me wrong; I’m out of my mind

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Unregistered
VALE

As the sun rose above the horizon so too did the crescendo of birds, animals and insects all emerging from their night-time slumber. Vale didn't much care for them flicking his ebony ears in annoyance, wishing for the silence of the early morning darkness to blanket him again. Leaves, sticks and soft earth crushed and broke beneath his hooves and he took a small amount of pleasure in the thought of extinguishing any critters that were unfortunate enough to be in his path. Malicious violence against helpless creatures wasn't usually what he planned to begin his day with, but it had been a long night and he was tired and very bored.

A sharp canine sound before him alerted Vale to the attention of two shadows emerging from between the trees in front of him. The dark wolf smiled, mostly hoping the stranger might be able to offer him a place to sleep and a small part hoping he could possibly get himself into trouble. But he tried to push that urge down, it was too early in the morning for any kind of bloodshed, he hadn't even had breakfast.

A red beast and brother like himself with two opaque horns, jagged and broken like his own. They reflected the pale morning sun, casting strange patterns across a dark mismatched face. Vale was curious as to what they were made of, diamond or glass perhaps? Strange he thought, but then no less strange than his own appearance. Of course he was the better looking stallion; he opened his mouth to say as such but thought better of it and instead answered the queries presented to him.

"Who am I?" He replied with mock hurt. Dark honey dripping from his eyes and his glossy black flesh seeped with arrogance like slow poison.

“Well I'm Vale of course" The stallion swept down into an elaborate and exaggerated bow, splintered bones almost touching the earth.

"And where I'm from doesn't matter, the question you should be asking my tall friend, is where am I going? Much more interesting"

His golden gaze turned toward the other stranger present, a devilish canine.
“And who would this handsome fellow be?”

Again he thought it strange that two unlikely creatures would be companions and it made him wonder at what other kind of company the blood-coated unicorn kept and who else roamed these new lands. This day was turning out to be better than he thought; at least he could say it wasn’t boring.

"Talking"

OOC:: Just out of curiosity how do you pronounce @[d'Artagnan]? I love his character btw!

Table CreditFrom the lovely Sevin

Image Credit

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
JOIN THE BASIN

“Agreed, I’m very interested in that answer.” The low sooth voice rolls out from the shadows of the dawn. It was usually only in the morning when he could hide his golden coat, as the sun’s brilliance usually proved a distraction. That is if he choose the right hiding place, otherwise it was a personal spot light. The golden son carried his colors proudly though as he stepped into the light of the clearing. Spanish neck curled and legs nimble and ready with the coming of day. In truth he had come to this opening forest to begin a run through the adjoining thistle meadows. A treat really considering how full life was of commitments. Not that he ever let those bother him.

The black creature he had seen in the distance and followed behind. Another charge for the Basin would be a welcomed patch for the time it was taking him to get into the Throat. He had tried through a little flightly pale mare, and found a dead end. So, bone crowned brute would prove a most excellent appetizer for his lady. Besides there was a spark about this dark creature that the golden recognized for being so close to his own so many times. How could you have more fun than setting another trouble maker loose in the mountains? There had been another though to walk up to the creature first, D’Artagnan, Time Mender in the Basin. Known only through the herd meeting of his promotion it left the golden little else to know about him. Herd competition was expected, but from within your herd, that was new. Still, the golden was never one to turn down a game.

So he steps forward, dipping the twin horns to the blood bay, and while the motion was short the earth eyes caught all they could of this new herd mate before turning away. They found the youth with wolfish eye, and a smile rose on his lips. A strong lad, would make a fine solider. They speak of the pet that hung about the blood bay. One hark flicks back but the smile does not falter. His hatred of everyone’s damn pets could be put aside for a good cause. Though the good part of this is in question. Still he’s gained manners since past attempts. So no snarky phrases or words leave his lips, and it is only when he is done that the golden man speaks. “I’m afraid our manners are terrible though, Vale.” The sarcasm showing a little too much. “How could we forget to welcome you to Helovia.” A spark of gold flashes in those earth eyes.

"Speech"
Tag:: @[Vale]
OOC:: Excuse the table please...my imagination runs away with me sometimes XD

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Unregistered
VALE
He was practically bursting with excitement, this day was just getting better and better he thought to himself as the golden boy stepped into view. A brilliant sun, a dark hunter and a blood-coated demon what a sight they all made standing under the boughs.

“Oh really Goldie?” Vale said relaxing into a casual stance even going as far as to scratch at an itch that had been bothering him. “Well now isn’t this quaint, now it’s a threesome” he eyes practically glowed with cocky allure. A slow lazy grin settled across his dark features turning him more wolf than equine. His honey orbs flicked over to the new comer, noticing the two curling horns atop his golden head, the thick solid neck and athletic build. As much as he loved to tease and taunt his way through every conversation he realised these two would probably come in handy in a fight and having them on his side was better than their horns sticking out of his flesh.

The golden boy spoke of manners and a name, Helovia. Ah so that’s where I am he thought funny that he had never heard of such a place befo….All of a sudden the wind shifted direction and the smell of pine needles and rich earth assaulted his senses. A memory flashed before his eyes, one he had never seen before. A beautiful brown mare with the softest eyes he had ever seen, she was speaking but he could hear nothing of her words, the one thing that stood out was her scent, pine needles and rich earth. The memory disappeared as quickly as it had come, Vale tried to hold onto it but it was like smoke drifting away on the wind. He blinked, berating himself for his lapse in concentration. He wouldn’t admit it but the memory had shaken and confused him. Maybe he just really needed some sleep, had he been up all night. He shook his glossy head and stretched out a leg feigning boredom.

“Well boys as much as I love our little picnic we have going on here” Sarcasm dripping from his voice “I was actually hoping you could show me where I might be able to find a place to stay?”

And then because he couldn’t resist he added as an afterthought “Unless of course you live here…? Then I would politely decline and move on” he peered around the trees as if looking for a shack or a pile of rags that would suggest a home. He waited patiently to see what the other two would say, all the while trying to stifle a yawn.

"Talking"

OOC:: Sorry it took so long and it's not very good, had so much going on this weekend. Haha I love the table!
Tag:: @[d'Artagnan]

Table Credit From the lovely Sevin

Image Credit

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk
JOIN THE BASIN

Everyone has to be a smart mouth didn’t they? Now the golden son really knew this character belongs in the mountains. Still, this creature was a curious one. He looked so cocky and sure, and yet when the breeze blew through there was a hesitation. The conversations fell silent, but it was unnoticed to the gold, to him the black was speaking volumes. Careful not to let on he caught the black’s pause, the gold pretends to settle in. A hind hoof cocked, and the gold let’s his head lower, but his eyes, though calm and unfocused, were watching that creature. How he looked inward then suddenly seemed incredibly weary. Interesting, very interesting. Perhaps he heard voices. But the Falls would have to do without this crazy. Though they claim the mad, the Basin claimed the mad, unicorns.

The black speaks up breaking the quiet interlude. Gold harks flick forward and earth eyes listen. A small smirk reemerges on his lips at the sarcasm dipping like venom. Too bad he was immune. The boy was willing, so the golden, as a gracious host, would oblige. Not waiting for the bay which had first held his interest the golden lifts his head to speak. “The finest place for any unicorn to stay is the Basin.” He lets his smile grow. He did hate to praise the cruel mountains, but his lady was waiting. “Stronghold of the mountains, and strong, unlike this forest, it is sure to offer anything, a sly, strong youth should desire.” The gold should know, it certainly gave him lots of trouble to cause.

"Speech"
Tag:: @[Vale]
OOC:: I know you've already got him rank changed, but wanted to continue this. We'll just sort of let D'Art fade away. If you'd like then after this post I can start a welcoming one in the Basin. =D WELCOME TO THE MADNESS.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Unregistered
VALE

Following some strange two horned unicorn into the mountains was probably not the best of ideas, but Vale was definitely not known for his caution or ‘best’ ideas for that matter. But he needed a place to sleep and rest and the fellow had been kind enough to offer. The Basin didn’t sound all that impressive to Vale and he had his doubts about it being the finest place, that was until golden boy spoke again. Stronghold, now that got the dark boys’ attention. Golden honey deepened with thought and he smiled wickedly, a wolf’s playground, somewhere he could make some trouble for himself.

“You had me at hello Goldie, lead me to this mystical place of yours” he spoke, extending a sleek foreleg and dipping his crowned head in invitation.

For all his cajoling, Vale couldn’t shake the feeling of the weird memory that had assaulted his mind just before. It got under his skin like an itch he couldn’t reach, something slowly scratching away until all that was left was raw bloody flesh. He ached to leap onto the ground or find a good tree and rub and rub until there was nothing left of this horrible feeling. Vale settled instead for vigorously shaking out his head and neck, achieving in throwing off the thoughts like one would a pesky fly. For the time being at least, those bastards always came buzzing back.

Again he wondered just what he might be getting himself into following the gold into the mountains but Vale ignored the deeper instinct telling him to be wary or run in the opposite direction, it was a small voice and one he never listened to anyway.

"Talking"
OOC:: Sounds good to me :) I’ll just finish it off with this and we can start again in the Basin.

Table Credit From the lovely Sevin

Image Credit