the Rift

[PRIVATE] Mind over matter

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

The God of the Earth bubbled up from the ground like a natural spring reaching the surface. Unmistakable was the scent of blood that wafted to his nostrils, and he knew that he was too late. Far too late for whatever misdeeds had happened here. The beautiful body of Vesta, who represented spirit, strength and pride, laid gutted on the grass, her blood tainting the emeralds. He frowned deeply, tears streaming down his face as this tragic loss of life.

Was it not his plight to save them from this? To give them life? How had he not seen what was coming? How had he been so blind? More was at work here than simple murder, something dark and nefarious.

White lilies sprouted from around her body, wreathing her figure in a pale halo. He shook his head, eyes finding his son looking upon what had happened here. They had to set this right, he and his boy. Hototo had become a fine young man, his sense of duty overcoming the ties of family and bindings. But now, he had to be set right. The world needed him, and the God feared if he did not answer.

"Hototo," he rumbled, his voice like trembling mountains. "Come here. We must talk."

CREDITS

@[Hototo]

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!
[Image: 5253a7371d5b4]
Tears are falling gently from emerald eyes, and I watch them, beautiful crystal structures, falling to the earth near massive hooves. Father. My own eyes search for some comfort, something to tell me I am just dreaming. I would not find the shadow of denial to hide within today. Instead, I saw the grim reality of this death written all over the aged lines of the Earth. I knew, deep in my heart, there was no escaping this time. I would find no void to disappear into, no consoling embrace of the dark to steal me from the horrible world.

I am to hold the torch in the darkness of the world, caused by the menacing being at work here. The marionette strings causing shift in the peaceful island in the sky, painted crimson - they were out there. This could happen again.

Hototo. Come here. We must talk. I nod, my bronze hooves still for a moment, not wanting to move.

Eventually, I have no choice but to separate myself from the blood at my hooves, the strangers who knew my face, and to follow one of the few individuals I recognized. Why can I remember that I am the Son of the Earth, but not my own name? How can I recall his beard, but not my mother's face? I squint, not particularly sure why I am concerned about my identity right now. What did it matter who I was, where I came from? All that mattered was the girl dead on the floor, surrounded by white flowers and red stained grass.

"Why is this happening, father?" I ask, my voice quiet and tired. "Why do I feel she is not the last?"

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

The heartbreak of this tragedy affected the god as much as it had done on the first day of the violent war that broke out so many years ago. He felt it in the bones, in the earth, and in the sky. He heard the mourning cries of premature loss, and Hototo... well, his son must have felt and heard the mourning too, for his eyes were bathed on tears.

To draw him from the world, he called the boy to him, watching his hooves, stained with blood. His spine chilled. If ever Hototo decided to forsake his path, to leave the beauty of the world for the chill of the dark... well... the world would have a powerful enemy.

Hototo asked him a question that even he did not know the answer to, and it pained him to have to leave his child in the dark. The god sighed, the sound like thunder, and he shook his head slowly, frowning. For once, the lines on his face showed age and mortality, and the god, massive and strong, seemed fragile.

"None of us know," he said deeply, staring in to the eyes of his son that held just enough of his mother to prove his lineage. "But I do not believe that she is the last, not unless you find and stop who committed this atrocious violation against life." The God was not opposed to death. Death was just the other side of living.

But he felt in his bones when any died before their time, just as he suspected his strange, black and white brother did too. "We cannot act on this, Hototo, for we have no evidence of nefarious magic. This death has been caused by a mortal, but this is why you exist."

"You can seek truth, dig deeper, find evidence where I am bound my immortal law to not interfere. Your destiny lies in connecting my power, the gifts I bestow upon you, to the will of mortal kind." The God of the Earth seemed to grow as he lifted his powerful neck, brown fur turning hard like tree bark. "Find this killer, and bring him before us so that we may pass judgment."

CREDITS

@[Hototo]

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!
His words answer my second question. Truly, this poor husk of a mare would not be the last victim, unless... Unless I rose to meet the challenge.

In my heart, the grit of my nature churns, seeking something to grasp upon. My identity is weak, for I know not who I am, where I arrived from, but I feel within my bones that I am strong. Young and virile, but holding the wisdom within my blood to seek the true path. As long as I was the Son of the Earth, I held a covenant with the creatures living within his embrace. If my father could not put a halt to the injustice here, then I would have to. I turn my eyes toward the bloodied corpse, the hollowed eyes, and I nod quietly.

I could no longer abandon my responsibilities, shirk those who relied upon me.
I am mortal. I am little more than a child. I, however, do not have the luxury to bathe in the innocence of my age forever.
The world needed a protector, a light through the darkness.
I shall be the shoulders upon which the world is carried - Atlas, he would not shrug today.

My jaw tenses and I resist the urge to sigh heavily. I did not ask for this life, and my mind even tried to run from this fate. Fate is patient, stubborn, and demanding. I could not escape what had been born into my blood. I could run, but fate would always be faster. I could seek the comfort of the abyss, only to be dragged back into a harsh world with no memories to hold me steady. For the cowardice of escape, I was being punished, tested. I breathe evenly, looking at the broad chest of my father, the strength in his stance. He carried the weight of thousands of worlds, his eyes having witnessed centuries of Helovia's troubles. That he still managed to care, to open his heart, and remain standing... I have much to learn.

"I will find whoever is responsible," I say, my voice determined. "And protect the others if I can."

"I promise."

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

The god of the earth nodded, his patience as ever present as the sea and as calm as summer rains. He hummed softly, finding his son's promise honorable and full of truth. He would trust Hototo implicitly and believed that he would find the killer. The laws of nature prohibited him from acting directly in mortal affairs, and he had not been pleased by the decision.

When the shrines had fallen, he had felt disconnected from the individuals he loved so much. He did not mourn natural death, for that was just another part of life. However, he mourned this tragedy because in some way, perhaps, if he had been present, he could have prevented such darkness.

Now, he was shackled by his own laws, but this is why they had all reproduced. Hototo, Roskuld, Mesec, and the newly formed daughter of the Sun were all here to provide balance, a link between their might and the mortal's plight. "I believe you will," he said confidently."

"Work with your siblings, for they are the only ones in this world who will understand how you feel, what you must do, and how you must act. They are currently on the same path, and until they diverge, they will be your closest allies and dearest friends."

The God smiled softly. "I love you, Hototo, and I always will. You never cease to make me proud."

CREDITS

@[Hototo]

Hidden Account
Boom Boom!
Support rains down upon me from my father gently, and I smile. Despite the challenges we face in the wake of a tragedy, I felt reassured. If such a powerful entity believed in me wholly, maybe I had been something worthy of honor before my predicament. Whatever happened, wherever I came from, it matters little. The past is written in stone, but the present is our chance to grow, change the characters we can be read as.

The power to change is wonderful. Let's hope I change into something great.

I look around at the others present, their images reflected by each of the gods in varying ways. I began to understand their presence here, my presence here. I was uncertain if I could think of them all as my siblings, but I would try to accept our bond. We have divine blood, which places a burden on all our shoulders. Perhaps, this responsibility split between four would not be as difficult as the mountain of a task I had read it to be. As long as you are not alone, you can achieve anything.

My eyes turn back brightly to my father, so full of warmth and delight at my existence. Was I one of his finest creations, I wondered? I had no idea what I looked like anymore, only that my hooves were solid bronze mimicking his own. Steady and strong, stable like the Earth. We are reliable, predictable, but almost immovable in our power. "I love you too, father."

[ Sorry for the wait! ]