the Rift

[OPEN] No better time than the present

God of the Sun Posts: 198
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17 hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

Burn the whole world down

He had sensed it, as had his kin. They had arrived before him, unsuprisingly. Brother Earth always had a way of arriving promptly when death was involved...and the God of the Spark? Well, he could arrive whenever he wanted to. Still, the God that their presence here was a mere formality.

Vesta was of his herd. Or, had been.

An eruption of flames heralded his arrival, disipating quickly. Liquid flames lingered against his golden form, as he strode towards the lifeless body of his former warrior. Sighing he looked down upon her. What a shame, he thought with remorse or empathy. Only anger bubbled to the surface. Whoever did this, would pay.

His golden gaze roamed to where his brothers had called their children to their sides. Inhaling, his gaze fell upon the ashen filly who bore more than an obvious resemblance to him. But had she figured it out herself?

"Aithneil." He called, speaking her name knowingly and with conviction. "To me."

He had been more than a little annoyed to learn that Ampere had both abandoned her post within the Throat, but also abandoned her duty to the child. He could smell the Basin upon her, and the thought made him cringe. Still, none of it was her doing; if she did not know who she was, in whose hoofprints could she possibly be expected to follow?

CREDITS

Aithniel the Inquisitor Posts: 169
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.0hh :: 4 Years HP: 75 | Buff: NOVICE
Zerachiel :: Royal Griffin :: Molten Dagger tamme
Aithniel

Aithniel did not think she was special. She knew that she was different, and she thought that she was a freak. She was anything but special. One day, the pegasus side of her could take over and turn her into a violent, crazy killer like Zikar and Illynx had warned her about. The only people who had ever taken care of her warned her of these risks, so she knew that she had to cherish what they said. They wouldnt' have taken care of her if they did not... care, right?

So, as she was panicking over the dead body, feeling tears rise to her eyes that she did not want there, she felt little and unimportant. Everyone else had been talking with family. The chubby bitch, the giant fallen from the sky, and the shy dark one all knew each other, but she was just a no one.

She recognized the God of the Spark when he arrived. The air filled with energy that made her ears pop, and he focused on the rude one. Another god bubbled from the ground, and he must have been the Earth. Aithniel knew that no one was coming for her. When she had gone to the veins, only the Spark god came for Rikyn and Illynx.

Fire brought down the God of the Sun in an array of glory, but she paid little mind, for she was sure that he would pay her little mind. She was preoccupied with death. Imagine her surprise when she heard him call her name and summoned her closer. Aithniel's bright, silver eyes opened in his direction, ears alert, and she walked to him on instinct.

Was she supposed to bow? Brows furrowed in confusion. "I... don't understand," she said quietly.

I'll go down burning in your embrace

Tabini with many thanks to the amazing Blu

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Please tag me in everything!

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The God was pleased that she had come to his beckon so willingly. He had thought perhaps that her unconventional upbringing - both without Ampere and in the Basin - would have hardened her. Although it clearly had, his worry had been that it would have hardened her to him. That the Basin would have turned her against him, for surely they knew who she was? They must have, for why else would they have taken her in? She was a unicorn in some sort of sense, but not in the purist sense that they were after. She was as tainted as she could by - a hybrid infused with the blood of a God. Why else would they have taken her in, if not for their own benefit? She would become powerful soon enough, and there was enough lingering resentment that the Basin could always afford a few more friends in high places. And so, as the girl walked towards him, the God smiled.

"Of course you don't." The God offered warmly as the child reached his side. The flames lining his mane, tail, and wings cast brilliant illusions against her pale coat.

The God paused, torn. Was now the time to reveal her lineage and possibly offer an explanation? His golden gaze darted to the lifeless body that had ultimately drawn them all here. Or was she what they ought to be discussing? Selfishly, the God decided it was. "Her death.. in this place, in this way is wrong. Can you feel it?"

Turning his gaze upon her, he studied her face for a moment. She was not so sweetly-beautiful as Isra had been. She was made of sterner stuff - likely that was Ampere's doing - on the inside and out. He took in the marking upon her eye, her imitated horns, and the delicate golden accents on her body.

CREDITS

Aithniel

Aithniel felt an ache in her chest. Would her lack of understanding disappoint the god? Would he find fault in her confusion? He did not, much to her surprise and pleasure. His words were warm, almost like the fire he let off of his body. The soothed here even though a strange buzzing in the back of her head made her acutely aware of the dead body that laid there so close... Flames burst from his body and went out in a hypnotic way, and she stood quietly.

His words brought immediately back to her attention the feeling of her unsettled gut. She felt as if a stone was sitting in it, or talons were twisting around her insides and gripping at her lungs. Cautiously, she looked back at the body, feeling the hairs on her spine stand on end, every rustle of the wind a chill. In the mare's mouth was a clump of black hair, and she knew that this was not planned.

"Yes," she whispered. "I feel... hopelessness." Aithniel spoke honestly, frowning, turning back to the Sun God. He was hope. When she looked at him, he made the horrifying darkness dim, shed light in all the blackest places. The filly had so many questions, but bombarding him with them seemed both rude and not... well... she wanted to impress him. The god was actually speaking, to her.

"All of this feels wrong," she said, looking up into his churning, golden eyes. "Why... me? Why are you speaking to me?"

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

The God nodded gently as she spoke, encouragingly. Her words were honest, and although he was certain her fear would dissipate in time as her understanding of the world grew, for now, he was pleased that she did not hide from her own thoughts and feelings. She was brave enough to acknowledge her own mental states and limitations, and braver still to admit them.

As her question rang in his golden ears, the God sighed. His wings rose and fell from his sides, as if openly demonstrating that he had nothing to hide. He would bear this truth to her, if she wanted to know it. Although part of him wondered if she was truly ready. She would one day become something worthy of reverence and respect, but for now, for all of the magic she held and the blood running through her veins, she was still just a child. A girl, without a family.

"You are my daughter, Aithniel." He began, his voice solemn and warm, implicitly trying to stoke her understanding. "You were not conceived out of love: your mother, for all of her faults did not submit to the obligations of motherhood as others do. She was a vessel to bring you into this world, because you were needed. This does not excuse her actions of course - but you must understand that yours was a heralded birth, one that cried out for no greater explanation or understanding. Look around - " Pausing, he gestured with his wing indicating his siblings, and her cousins. "There are four of us, just as there are four of you. The light you hold within you holds the others in check. You are necessary Aithniel - "

Pausing, unable to read the steel of her gaze, he continued. "You are wanted. You are a child of the sun, my beautiful second flame. You feel hopeless only because your purpose has not been fully revealed to you, and yet you feel it. Do you not?"

CREDITS

Aithniel

Aithniel watched and listened to his words. The world and her heart shifted on their axes, and she felt as if she was underwater, surrounded by cracking flames in the depths. She felt importance, duty, and power fill the empty holes in her chest where a mother's love and encouragement should have been. She was the daughter of the most powerful god in this land and in her entire world. By her very blood, she was a leader, a force, and she could no longer be denied.

Her thoughts were very mature for her age, but she had been raised with those slightly older, and the expectations Illynx put on her were high. All of his words now made sense. She was not supposed to know her mother. She was no supposed to feel love. What had happened was to make her who she was supposed to be, and while she was still passionately furious inside at her abandonment, she understood.

She did look around when he gestured with his wing to the others. The fat, irritating one couldn't call her a little shit now, could she? Aithniel narrowed her eyes. Out of all of them, she felt that they were unable to affect change, to weak with personal relationships to do anything necessary. They all knew each other, but she was alone. And in being alone, she would thrive.

The child felt her heart burst with aching need when he said that she was wanted in this world, and much to her chagrine, saline welled up in her eyes that she refused to blink loose. She nodded. I feel it now," she whispered, taking a deep breath. "I feel that I need to bring order, that I need to do what I can to right the wrong of... her death.".

Aithniel looked to the body briefly, still feeling her stomach turn at the sight of so much blood. But, she knew, it would get easier. The God of the Sun had been the only one to show both love and interest toward her, so she bowed her to her father, the god of light and flame. "I want to learn from you," she said. "I want to know fire as I learn myself. I want to bring the fear of flame and light to this land, for balance."

Her internal armor was solid.

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive

Helovian Ancient
Admin

The GOD of the SUN

As his child spoke, the God radiated pride. Literally. The flames that gently licked his wings and body began to swell and dance. His eyes, molten and deep, appeared even richer in their molten hues, as he patiently listened to the words of his second-born. So different was she than his first. So strong and wise. How many others at her age with her historicity would have rallied against his words, demanding further explanation and justification? How many would shirk their responsibilities seeking only a gentle touch, rather than standing tall to accept fate? But she sought no excuses and accepted his words as a gift, rather than a punishment. Of that, he couldn't have been more pleased.

"You shall Aithniel. There is no place the sun's light cannot reach - no corner too obscure for our power to resonate. We are the heat that forced creation into being, and the guiding beacon to which all eyes seek direction. They will look to you as they have always looked to me, for guidance and answers. In time there will be nothing that is impossible for you. Until then, I will teach you."

Extended a wing, the God draped it over her smaller form. The feathered appendage radiated heat, but did not burn the pale child. With a fatherly affection reserved for only a small number, the God gently embraced his child, turning his antlered skull in to look upon her as he did so.

"We shall start with her - " he murmured softly. Raising his wing above her, a single drop of molten fire fell onto her back. A warmth that was not necessarily physical raced through her body, igniting all the points of gold that her small body held, and turning them to fire. The God smiled as the flames died down, and her coloration returned to normal.

A new magic now coursed through her veins.

"You shall use this temporary gift to bring her justice, Aithniel. Whenever any tries to verbally deceive you, they shall be shrouded in a halo of fire proportionate to their duplicity. Only your eyes will be able to see this fire Aithniel, and it shall be up to you to decide how to proceed. Are all lies unacceptable? Are some warranted? Can they be warranted but still blameworthy? Can one do wrong faultlessly? The answers to these questions are foundational Aithniel. As you look for her murderer, think on them with the magic you now possess."

Congratulations! Aithneil has recieved temporary magic!

:: [Magic: DarkxFire | Verbal deception shrouds the speaker in a halo of fire only Aithniel can see. The larger/more complex the lie, the brighter/larger the flames.]

CREDITS

Aithniel

She watched the flames rise, her silver eyes wide and awed. He seemed so proud of her, and all of these emotions fell upon her, pushing her forward, pushing her toward her destiny. He believed in her, and he was proud of her. The God of the Sun wanted to change nothing, and she felt her heart warm and her focus sharpen. She would do anything to make him proud, anything.

Would they really look up to her as they did to him? Maybe not now, and maybe not for a while. But, he promised to teach her, and she looked forward to every lesson. How was she supposed to be like him without power like him? Aithniel was not power hungry, per say, but her desire to be like her father made it seem that way.

He touched her, one flaming wing resting over her back. Aithniel had never been touched like this, comforted by an adult. She hungered for it, and she rested her head against his strong leg, listening to his words as they rumbled from his body. A single drop touched her back, burning her from the inside in a beautiful way, giving her power, opening her eyes.

The gift he gave brought tears to the rims of her eyes again, and she looked up at him, nodding. She already knew that some lies were necessary. Wasn't it better to lie to save another from pain? She thought so. Aithniel did not believe that one could do wrong without fault, but she would search for the answer nonetheless.

"I will do my best," she said, nodding one, firmly. "And I will bring back my thoughts on your questions as I hunt for the person who did this. Even... even if I am just a kid, maybe... maybe that will help?" She smiled, the expression reaching her molten silver eyes for the first time.

"Thank you.... father."

But burn down our home
I won't leave alive