the Rift

Bright Things with Sharp Edges [Open Spar]

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

"Yes, me!"

Rei lifted her head at the sound of a voice that called out from above her. Squinting in the glare of the sun she watched the mare and her descent from the sky. It would be a fair match it seemed, both of the pegasi were of the same height and were of similar build. May the Gods help the pair if they were both also of equally competitive natures.

"I'm Ampere. And I would be happy to take you on."

Rei smiled brightly at Ampere, "I'm Rei," she chirped, "And I am glad that someone showed up!" Laughing brightly she was relieved, had someone not shown up to accept her challenge the leopard pegasus would have stayed where she stood until someone had shown up. Pride wouldn't have allowed her to walk away unanswered.

It was hard to transition from friendly greetings to a spar even if the spar was also a friendly one. Watching the movements of Ampere carefully Rei wondered what the oddly marked pegasus' fighting style would be like. This was where patience also came into play. An attack delivered without observing the opponent first was the equivalent of prancing through a cave before checking for inhabitants. There was the chance that you could get lucky and bump into nothing more than a few flighty bats, or you could end up meeting a family of ravenous bears. Without checking first there was no telling what you would get.

Quietly Rei watched before making her first move. The goal was to act quickly with the hope that going from a near standstill to a flurry of motion would throw Ampere off. Quickly she spread her wings and disturbed the sand at their hooves pushing it towards her opponent before once again hugging her wings close to her sides and lunging for Ampere. Her bared teeth aimed for the ebony neck before her, although if her bite was successful it would be nothing more than a nip. Rei didn't want to harm her new-found spar buddy after all.

How she had missed this! In her ears Rei could still hear the voices of her father and Deryk the former shouting out tips to her while Deryk would laugh at his own inability to win. Hope filled her chest at the prospect of befriending the pegasus before her. Would this be the beginning of many playful spars between the pair?

Lets go with one of the sandy training arenas.
And for time of day mid-afternoon.
I don't care about magic, Rei will have to learn to deal with it sooner or later and I would rather it be now in a friendly match XD

Summary: Rei uses her wings to disturb some of the loose sand at their hooves and then moves to bite at Ampere's neck. Hoping that the sand that had risen would slow Ampere's reaction.

Word Count: 403

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bright Things with Sharp Edges [Open Spar] - by Rei - 09-16-2014, 01:47 PM