the Rift

[OPEN] grips of the cold

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
Darkness was an inexplicable force.

The way it moved and grabbed souls was actually quite interesting, but her life was much better without it. Since the whole downfall of her life, her once declining slope was finally beginning to incline back into its former glory. All things considered, she had a pretty nice, and quite unimaginable relationship. The darkness that once devoured Helovia like it was a noontime snack had dissipated, and even herd tensions were forced to a temporary end.

It was all too good to be true in her mind. Instead of living a life of darkness and destruction, it left in her wake happiness and fear. Which combination was the better? When nothing could be done but darkness, not one had expectations of her. She wasn’t supposed to act a certain way, and wasn’t supposed to conform, but now….

What had she given up? Now, instead of being able to live quietly on the island and go about her business she felt as if she was being forced into a corner. Instead of throwing caution to the wind, she was so careful as to not cut herself on a nearby tree. It was sickening. Why had fear suddenly gripped onto her mind like a leech?

Too driven by fear and anxiety she dove off the island. Down, down, down she fell. The cold, bitter air of the orangemooon dusk prickled at her skin, a sickly reminder that she still was here, and still had her own freedom.

As the ground rapidly approached, she suddenly flipped, extending her wings as to kiss the ground. It was her way of determining she was still meant to be here, for the ground had yet to claim her. Lifting back into the atmosphere, the clouds blanketed her in the promise of snow, and all she could do was yelp a little in happiness. It was such a stupid thing to be excited for, but her time was approaching now. Her prime, and her life were just mere days away.

So why not wait out the long awaited return in the place it all started.

Trees melted beneath the speed of her flight, looking as if it was a beautiful, flowing river of lush colors of red, orange and vibrant greens. Her eyes watered at the sheer force of the cold wind against her eye, but they were welcomed tears.

But the glorious moment of flight could only last so long, for the promise of darkness and shrouded trees came into view rather quickly. Her wings angled, and down she went, landing solidly on the cold, frosted ground. A smug, relieved smile crossed her face as she entered the densely populated foliage.

There was one place that had caught her attention numerous times, but she had never been ale to really… ingest it. The small pond glittered to the colors of the fading sun, the rapidly declining warmth causing it to breath its last, warm breath before it finally fell silent under the command of the moon. Elsa lowered her head, to drink from the crisp water, and only laugh a little at her own thoughts. She couldn’t help but think of the island now, and how free she felt. Maybe, her subconscious fear was naught in vain, maybe, this was some sick trap set up by the gods.

Being completely alone, this was probably the first time in Elsa’s life she had ever felt contented to stand in the darkness with nothing but herself to be merry with.

"Talking"
[ooc:// open for anyone, this was sort of a muse-maker for me so throw anyone in, just tag me if you reply. <3]
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

My heart knew this forest.

To my eyes, it was foreign, ugly, and dark. I could not recognize the brances or the pathways. Bicolored eyes linger over the shadows painted in the waning light of the sun, the orange tapestry of the floor. The loam and the musk were dense, filling my lungs with memories they remembered. Much like my heart, beating in time with the songs of the forest, my sense of smell remembered this place. My eyes and tongue were dumb, unable to pick apart this place. The name eluded me, though it should be etched into my bones. I found my hooves walking themselves in directions I knew not. Where am I? Where was I going?
My heart knew, but I certainly could not tell you.

As the light of the sun painted its final, triumphant mural in the sky, I began to sense the presence of another. The light of the moon raced forward, dashing by and leaving stars in its wake. I scan the area with my numb eyes, finding nothing but the bark of trees to rest upon. They reminded me of the dark shadows of my father's face as he contemplated the murder of the grey mar. A pool of blood, a halo of gentle white flowers. I shudder. Could the murderer be seeking his next victim at this moment?

For all of my fanciful promises to my father, I knew that in this cause, I was hopeless. How could I watch every inch of Helovia? I was only mortal, despite my lineage. I did not wish for the burden of knowing all, but, certainly, in this case, the blinding light of truth would be better than the shadow of ignorance.

The snap of a landing breaks my train of thought, and I look forward through the trees. The alabaster skin of another reminds me of the soft white of my harp, which floats silently beside me. Were it not for the hints of blue and the graceful wings upon her back, I might have been reminded of another mare. Instead, I pause in the dark shadows of the night, my eyes catching the silhouette of her frame. I feel nervous, though I do not know why. She is beautiful in the light of the moon, I think shamelessly. I suppose if I could not protect the whole of Helovia from a violent death, I could protect this graceful creature.

My solid bronze hooves step forward, hushed and quiet on the spongey floor of the forest. My nerves increase with each step I take forward, and despite the massive figure of my body, I feel like a child. Had I remembered my former fear of fillies, I may not be so confused. Instead, the hormones of a young man and the self-doubt are foreign and strange. My already flustered brain a sea of confusion. At least I looked calm on the surface.

"Hello," I say, a bit louder than I originally intended. I suppose volume control goes out the window when you are nervous. "My name is Hototo." Or so I'm told. I figured she need not be worried about the current identity crisis I was living in my life. I stand pretty far away from her, but completely out of the trees. She can view the bulk of my lineage, the blue of my father's blessed water, the strength of the bronze marking my hooves and wings, the proud crown of horns. Like her, my long mane and tail speak of winter or perhaps clouds in the sky on a summer's day. I am the son of the earth, but I doubt she would know.
Would she even care?

{ @[Elsa] ooc; sorry he's still sort of an awkward twerp right now. ^^' }

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
It is funny how when she is alone, she is completely incapable of sensing the presence of another. Usually she was on edge for every moment, but for some reason, the darkest, scariest place in Helovia held the most comfort.

Her eyes had fallen shut, her body waving a little in the cool midnight breeze. It wrapped itself tight around her body, a cold, yet warm, blanket. The footfalls of another could not even break her away from her zen-like inner peace. But instead, it is his voice that calls her attention back to reality.

An acute awareness came over her, and her body felt as if a white heat was spreading throughout it. The only outward sign of her fear was the small fright she had given, and the rapid speed as her eyes focused onto the man. He was young, and completely unfamiliar. Even his scent didn’t smell as if it lingered among a herd; though it was be easy for one of the Dragons Throat or Worlds Edge to pass through her scent detection. His voice had been a little forceful, and her muscles remained taught beneath the canvas of white skin. Had he been sent here to kill her?

Her breath was caught in her throat until he offered his name- Hototo-tototo? So many syllables that the name kind of bounced around in her head. It was an odd name to say the least, so many t’s and o’s, who thought of such a name? She almost wondered if the mother might have been a little bonkers the day this kid was born.

A few moments passed, as she expected him to say more. But no words followed, she tilted her head, getting a better look at him now that he was out of the trees. He was a Pegasus, and a unicorn all at once. Large, thick horns protruded from his head like a fluffy sheep thing. She had seen one of those fluffy sheep on the mountain back home, but they rarely came into contact with the other horses. Elsa almost laughed at the thought, was he half-horse half fluffy sheep? Even larger, stronger looking wings adorned his sides, lined with a faint gold. His markings were astounding, soft, yet regal and strong. She was mildly jealous of this man.

Figuring it may be better to speak now, she steps a little closer to… who was it? Totototo? Hot? Hototototo? Something like that, right? "Good Evening, Hot-...Tototo?" Well that was one way to get someones attention. "I'm Elsa. Uhm. How long were you in those woods... watching?" She questioned. Her head tilted, quite curious to see if she had been in the presence of a stalker. Granted, a stalker probably wouldn't introduce themselves.

"Talking"
[ooc:// @[Hototo] Let me know if you don't want to be tagged. <3 and he is seriously adorable.]
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Hototo Posts: 96
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 17.2hh :: 3 years
Boom Boom!

The muscles of her body contort and tighten, leaving her looking more like an ice sculpture than a living creature. I must have frightened the mare, though I had not tried to cover my arrival in a veil of silence. Instead, she stood silent, staring at me, me staring at her. Our eyes locked in a false embrace. The silence gaped like a crater, growing with each passing breath through my lungs. The panic began to rise through the nervous sea. Had I done something wrong? I am reminded of the stallion of black and white who had attacked me for my stupid lapse in judgment. Surely, this swan would not do the same.

Her voice was like a blessing, ushering away my panic with a warm hand. I breathe easier, though remain a bit on edge. Strangers, why were they so confusing?

Then, I realize she is stumbling over my name. I smile casually, though uncertain what is hard about repeating syllables. Unless, this mare had a stutter of sorts, which seemed highly likely. I feel no need to correct her, in case she would struggle more with the repetitive name. Elsa. The name is soft, easy, feminine, and strangely fitting to her pallid appearance. The sound strikes no memory, resonates nothing, just begins painting new thoughts on a blank canvas. I am fairly sure, especially since she did not know me, that I had never met this girl. Strangers on the same level then, unlike Ros and I.

"Not long," I respond to her question quickly. I could not, for the life of me, be certain if my quick examination of her had been long enough to come off as stalkerish hovering. Though, from the surprise of her stance I would assume she never noticed. Maybe, though, she had been hoping I would ignore her and startled when her stalker started speaking. Women are confusing, I am confused, and this is hard. I choose to believe that she has no idea, and would have no reason to question my short timed advance.

I look around the forest, eyes darting to branches that seemed familiar but were not. "Do you know where we are?" I ask, hoping she could fill in the missing details of my memory. This is a lot to expect from a stranger, but I had nothing else to call upon. My "siblings" were nowhere to be seen, and my father was likely doing important God-like things. In short, I am a lone traveler. I am just glad that she does not seem as hostile as the black and white male I encountered by the strange rotunda.

{ @[Elsa] }