the Rift

A resolution. [Aure, Tares]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

KRI the resolute
one cannot stop the wind from blowing, nor refuse the falling rain.

With the worries of the herd ever present on my mind, the need to be everywhere soon dawned upon me. So many things were expected of a leader, and unlike Mauja, I seemed to be unable to teleport or create clones of myself. Somehow, that damned bastard had cropped up multiple places, and his name rolled off the tongues of everyone, whether or not they were of the Edge. My name, however, was localized mainly to my herdmates, whom I had been shamefully absent from.

The ways of a general still sat heavily on my heart and mind. I did love to take charge in times of strife and need, but I was not the care-giver many would look for in a herd leader. I did not watch operations carefully, and only things that were detrimental to my herd’s way of life were attended to quickly. The rest of the interests, from greeting others to seeing to births, were entirely unattractive to me. Why would I choose to interact with others when I did so horribly? Obviously, this painted me as somewhat of a heinous bitch, appearing only to reprimand those who acted unfavorably. Whatever, it was not like I needed everyone to view me popularly - I just needed them to respect me.

Still, I felt perhaps my role as sole leader was tiring. There was so much expected of my character that I could not provide. There was so much to compensate for that my fast tongue and passionate heart could not muster. I would never be the ideal leader that were written of in epic tales, but instead act as a distant parent - pulling my kin out of immediate trouble, yet watching them grow from afar afterward. This had to change, but how?

My steps are heavy as I ramble back and forth along the edge of the lake, restored almost to its former glory by the passing of Tallsun, for which I was eternally grateful. No happiness showed my appreciation, though, as the feeling was stifled by nattering thoughts. I knew, as well as anyone, that soon the Qian would call upon the aid I promised them. Soon, I would ask my family to aid me in a war that was not ours. Soon, I would be absent to fight in a war that was not for them. Soon, my herd would likely feel that I am nothing by a war-mongering wench. Still, I wonder how deep their loyalties lie. Disconcerted, staring into the water, pacing back and forth.

The hole just keeps getting deeper.

""