the Rift

[OPEN] Moth To a Flame

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona

I mumbled and huffed under my breath as I wandered along the path that leads me back into the haven I am able to call home, ears tipped backward and eyes watching the rocky path while I move. Water roars down the cliffs up ahead, leaving a fine mist to float through the air with a cold gust of wind. My jaw clenches and eyes narrow against the breeze that reminds me that Frostfall will soon be upon us again. I press on, wandering down into one of the outlying tree lines before stopping once more.

The ground crunches beneath me with every step, becoming some what annoying after a while; why was it that we had to be heard everywhere we go this time of the year? Off to my right, the leaves crunch again, but I don't feel the need to look up because it's probably just some nameless face walking by without making eye contact. The smell though, it was one that I was unfamiliar with, but one that smells of the forest and rough bark. Wild eyes dart up from the dark floor to land on a passing by elk calf. His body is fuzzy with growing winter fur, his butt covered in lighter hair than the rest of his body. This animal -being completely foreign to me- stares back and stops in his tracks, his big wet nose twitching slightly before also freezing.

Those big eyes watch me with a dullness that I cannot read. It causes my throat to tighten, the anxiety of the moment becoming a mutal feeling between myself and the calf. I could see his chest moving quickly now, as if he was running, but running from what? There's no one here that would harm an elk calf.. Maybe a companion on the prowl for a good dinner? Histe hasn't been around very much lately, so it likely wasn't her? Whoever it was, the mute boy has now found me and is very much afraid to move. I blink silently, staring, watching the child, wanting so badly to break this strange lock.

"Are you okay?" I finally whisper, our eyes locked from nearly four yards away. He stops breathing, his fuzzy chest no longer puffing and deflating.. before I know it, the long legged child is dashing away from me as fast as he can; nothing is left behind but an awkward question hanging on my lips. Confused, I tilt my head to the right, brows furrowing before I can take a deep breath and rearrange my thoughts. "Hmm." I grumble after a few minutes of silence, my eyes narrowed against the orange beams of the setting sun over the rushing falls.

A night to myself would be nice, especially after being stuck around all of those babbling morons at the Rotunda. Oh shit those people and their yapping mouths. The antlered stallion who I had tried to flirt with in hopes of having Oxy notice crosses my mind, his mild eyes lingering in my thoughts as I watch the sun set across the fiery skies.

"talk talk talk"
Tagged: @[Rostislav] and @[Bellona]
Ooc: For some reason I just could not focus when I was trying to post this, so I'm sorry for the horrid start.

am i beautiful as i tear you to

PIECES?
Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I feel like I haven't spent much time 'at home' lately - so much that I wonder if it even feels like home? Time in the Threshold, or up in the clouds in the sky. At the Ancient Rotunda or in the Forest. There's always something that is taking me away from the Falls. Don't get me wrong, it's good to stay active, but at the same time, it's nice to be in a place that is supposed to be a consistent home base. 'Home.' Yeah, I'm not sure it really feels that way anymore, as much as I'd like it to. I follow the path down to the valley surrounded by cliffs. The path is one that my hooves take well too, having been on it so many times now. Whereas strangers may have to take their time traveling it, at risk of breaking ankles and perhaps death, I know that I may wander down mindlessly. Damaris lags behind, still getting used to the treacherous trail. I let her take her time, not minding the silence and solitude.

As I near the bottom, something catches my eye. A young elk, dashing off as if frightened by a predator. Hmph. Predators. I can take those assholes. I shake my spiked head as if challenging an unseen force to bring it on. No, Rosti, you don't need to be taking on any more foes - you've had your plate a little full lately, haven't you? I harumph again and step down, looking around for what spooked the elk. To my surprise, the only thing I see is a mare. A mare whose name I do not remember (though maybe I once knew?) but whose face sparks recognition in my mind. I approach at a lazy amble and stop a little ways away, staring at her awkwardly. The words that drop from my lips don't help my standing very much. "Uh.. hey." I feel Damaris nudge me in my mind, annoyed at my lack of eloquence. She bounds up next to me, eyes bright in the light of the setting sun, and she sits next to me, staring at the mare who is a complete stranger to her. Leave me be, I'm not the chatty type. She thumps her tail against my foreleg, clearly disagreeing. Agree to disagree. I'm a stubborn fool like that.

WC: 390
Tag: @[Bellona]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.