the Rift

meeting the herd [open]

Tillas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The white mare grazed what appeared to be contentedly, head swaying from side to side, azure ocean-blue eyes half-closed. The green grass, with the flavor of autumn touching it with thin hands, was sweet and cool, if not a little brittle perhaps. The wrath of the sun may have been lifting, but Tillas had to admit she did oh-so-miss the taste of watery green grass upon her tongue. In the morning when the dew beaded, mayhaps she have better luck. I hope so, anyways, the mare thought distastefully to herself. She was a pretty thing, the color of fresh snow, with a blue hue flashing across her thin, shimmery pelt. In build, she was perhaps most akin to a Arabian or Akhal-Teke- with her big, soulful blue eyes, dished muzzle, skinny frame. Although we have skipped over her one prominent feature- the two-foot long silver pearl horn twisting delicately from her elegant face. Tillas' sigh was audible as she lifted her head, nostrils flaring to drink in the wind. Her tail swished, a whisper as it flashed across her silky flanks.

Tillas' head dropped, and she cropped grass again, boredom drilling into her features. It was about time someone came around to behold her grace, or whatnot. Ha! Maybe if I lived in my old home again. No, really, I should care more for this pretty place. It is my home, no doubts there. It's about time I got to know the herd a little better, though. Especially if my ambitions were to come true... best to make a good impression on the horses. No, unicorns. Damn those stupid hornless beasts. Tillas' mind wandered away to dirtier places that she had no reason to think of, but it slowly returned to horses again. How she hated those creatures- slow, stupid, ugly. They deserved to be wiped off the face of the universe, to become a tiny blot in the golden ruling of the unicorns. If only they gathered more unicorns... King Mauja does his best. Tilly chided herself, but she couldn't stop thinking about the unstoppable, slow, over-taking Helovia plan. Who knows? They didn't have to stop at Helovia... Dumb unicorn. You are in no position to think of those things. You don't influence any unicorn at all.

Tillas continued grazing, mind far far away.

[ooc: wondering if anyone would get to know her? she's new to the herd and needs some friends c:]

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

To reach greatness you must step on bodies, and many brothers lie trodden in my wake. I've walked from pawn to player and I'll win this game of ours, though the cost of it may drown the world in blood.

d'Artagnan watched the brightly pelted mare as she grazed, silently wondering why the herd seemed to be filled more and more with the female kind these days. That or for some reason I keep coming across them the latter was probably the most likely. Over the last few days (or weeks) d'Artagnan had noted a steady increase in new scents of unicorns as more and more joined the herd. The Doctor was rather proud of its progress and happy the slow growth it started with had increased at quite a rate. It was good to be surrounded by his own kind again, he felt comfortable in the Worlds Edge under the watch of Mauja and the Moon. Turning his attention back to the skinny femme, d'Artagnan lugged his blood coloured body over to where she was grazing and stood to one side of her.

"I hope you don't mind me intruding." d'Artagnan couldn't care less if he was intruding or not, but that wasn't really the point of his statement. More, he wanted to know how she would react to him. What kind of unicorn was she? Who was she, for that matter? The Doctor lifted his head to the sky and felt the winds of Orangemoon flow through him. d'Artagnan always thought this month was a tease, so close to his favourite cold season yet still a way to go.

Shaking his head, clumps of mane landing in a scattered mass, he turned downwards and took a crop of grass. Chewing on it rather than actually eating.

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Unregistered
Tillas felt a brief jerk of wonder on her senses as she realized, surprise, another unicorn was actually interested in her. Although the white mare didn't left her head, she took a quick inhale of his scent. He smelled like what she would imagine shadows or darkness would smell like- not musty exactly, an unnamed scent that was cold to her gray nostrils. It was lightly flavored with the welcome touch of unicorn. And of course, more richly rolled with the musk of a stallion. But the white unicorn continued grazing, head swaying from side to side in a shallow arc around her. The grass massaged her feet, and she lifted her head a smidge, giving him a quick once-over before feigning uninterest. He was tall, from what she could make out his big, red skinny mass, with a black mane and tail. As for his horn, or was it horns, it appeared to be made of a shiny translucent material. There was a jagged shard set below a long alicorn.

"I hope you don't mind me intruding," Good for you gentle-beast. Tillas thought silently to herself. Hush now. I wanted attention after all, Tillas added. She often had things like this happening to her- 'conversations' with herself. Perhaps it was a sign of craziness, but it was no harm right now.

"I don't care." Tilly replied, swishing her tail idly. Careful not to offend. You don't know who he is or what position he's in. Tillas swallowed a clump of particularly juicy grass.

Ricciardo Posts: N/A
Unregistered

R I C C I A R D O
The Sandman.

The Sandman watched from quite a distance as the little frosted femme pranced her way through the Edge. He couldn't quite understand why, but her presence felt like it was very self-centered, and this was something he could neither like nor dislike. But he had to admit, she was a magnificent creature; bleached silks, a long, spiralling horn that adorned her lithe, elegant build. With looks like that, he was sure she had reason to look so lustful about her presence. He noticed her shake off every show she had put on to start grazing on the old grass. The winds whipped slightly as it passed through the forest and into the area where he stood, and he thought irately how much he hated the cold weather. Orangemoon was not welcome in his opinion, much preferring the hot conditions like Tallsun had possessed. It helped to remind him of his former home in the dunes of the sands next to the sea water. But instead of lagging behind in the past, he sharpened his mind and focused it back onto the duchess. He was captivated by her beauty, and decided to stand there, tipping one of his dark daggers and redirecting his mass weight onto the other pillars. This was a view he was rather enjoying, just staying still and taking it in.

But then who was there to ruin it? d'Artagnan. The burnt sienna pelt was all too familiar to Ricciardo, and he watched as the Moon Doctor navigated his way towards the pretty stranger. The vixen seemed to pay little interest to him, and so the flame-kissed brute decided to step forward. I must try and be on good terms with him, he admitted. The Doctor was not one who looked at Ricciardo and saw the positives, he was certainly not welcome in the beast's books. But the Sandman knew how much he actually wanted to try and become friends with him, or at least to be acquaintances. With the chilly breeze whipping through his pale amber silks, he soon found himself in the vacinity.

Up close, his pools caught the beauty of the strange vixen furthermore, but did not let this deter him. I don't care... Ricciardo caught the uninterested words of the frosted femme, and he wondered slightly what the pair had discussed. But instead of being nosy, he simply cleared his throat, held his crown high and spoke. His voice was deep yet warm and welcoming,
"Good day, miss. I am Ricciardo, a Sandman," and then he turned to d'Art, "Hello d'Artagnan. How are you today?" He kept his pools as friendly as he could, attempting to scrape back whatever bad impression the mahoganny brute had gotten. Yet thinking back, he knew that his temper hadn't exactly proved himself worthy of being in d'Art's good books. However, the beast had barely attempted to change this and reciprocated with an equally bad presence. Fight fire with fire, he thought.

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi

To reach greatness you must step on bodies, and many brothers lie trodden in my wake. I've walked from pawn to player and I'll win this game of ours, though the cost of it may drown the world in blood.

"I don't care"

Her first words to him almost made him burst out into laughter, deeply impressed by her seeming nonchalance. The merlot male finished his crop of grass, sooty nose snorting in satisfaction as the sweet juices ran down his throat, dual coloured oculars watching the mare in fascination. The femme reminded him of his sister slightly, low on words. I wonder if her vocabulary matches. A rather dark chuckle ripped through his maw as one ear flicked back to the arrival of Ricciardo.

Oh would you look here. Beach boy decided to join us. d'Artagnan watched the flame pelted stallion make his way to the duo, curious as to what mood he was in this time. The Doctor didn't particularly like the brute so far but was slightly intrigued as to what sparked his moods. The first time he had met him the steed had seemed pretty genuine however the second time... d'Artagnan muffled a chuckle as he remembered Alan's interruption and an all in all rather amusing conversation. Ricciardo spoke in, to the Doctor's surprise, a gentle voice and seemed rather welcoming in his approach. Narrowing his eyes at him, d'Artagnan played along.

"Ricciardo. I'm as vigorous as ever. I see you've come to greet our new friend here." He smiled politely at the horned mare, turning his attention back to her. Deciding that really he needed to know her name first, d'Artagnan cocked his head to one side and looked questionly at her.

"I'm d'Artagnan... Moon Doctor of this here land. What's your name?"

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!

Unregistered
"I'm Tillas. Nothing but a herd member at the moment, I'm afraid." The white mare stopped her pretense of nonchalance by grazing, instead looking between the two stallions. It seemed to her a bit of tension played in the air, and she wondered with a flash of curiousity what had caused it. She shifted her weight, the autumn scent of crushed grass drifting to her gray muzzle. For a brief moment, Tillas wondered to if she should say something more fancy than normal, some kind of pleased to meet you. Then again, how was she to know she actually liked them. "So." Tillas paused awkwardly, searching for the right words that normally flowed from her mouth easily. "I don't suppose either of you could maybe teach a new herd member a little bit about how things work around here? I know that Mauja's king, but not much else, I'm afraid," Tillas laughed, swishing her silk tail once across her flanks. She smiled at them, hiding her insecurities well in her deep gaze. Both of the stallions were handsome, both of them with very different auras surrounding them. She had always been good at reading others.