the Rift

[OPEN] Up and Away

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen

CAENAN

"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"- Roll With the Wind

The cloud invited Caenan to the island. It huddled itself around his hooves and began its drifting course towards the vibrant green island laced with pink petals. A moment was spent appreciating the view before Caenan grew discontent with the drifting pace. There wasn't a long expanse of time before he was pushing ahead leaving the small cloud to rush to keep up with him. Surely the dweller of the sky was delighted to dump the impatient beast off at their destination.

Caenan had two options after placing his hooves back on solid ground; he could take a moment to stand in awe of his taste of flight or he could react in the way that he did. His hooves kicked in the air, his heels were thrown over his head before his legs began carrying him in a mad dash through the island at an exhilarating speed. Nimbly Caenan lifted his hooves to leap over obstacles that the largely untouched island scattered before him.

The new land flashed before his eyes, Caenan wanted to see it all at once! Others had explored the island before him, but he could still be the first to place hoof in the exact places that he did.

Days like today were what he lived for. As long as there was an adventure left to be discovered Caenan didn't doubt the purpose of life. It was the thrill of wondering what the next day might bring that fueled his heart and fed his spirit.

Sides heaving he choked on the air in his own eagerness to fill his hard worked lungs. Chokes transitioned into laughter that rose from deep in the stallion's stomach. Throwing his head back he laughed at nothing in particular but everything all at once. He paused only to snort at the falling cherry blossoms.

"This place is just brilliant!" His accent had faded in his time away from Helovia, borrowing bits and pieces of the dialects from the places he had been in the past two years, but as he marveled at his surroundings it was his Helovian accent that sounded as thick as it was before he left. Possibly made even thicker by the wonder that saturated every word that he spoke.

[Image: 2ryqd14.png]
Credits
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful
I know you will

Following her spar with the speckled mare, Ampere decided to explore the rest of the island. Although flying would be faster, the walking would be good to stretch out her tired muscles, so she hoofed it.

The weather continued to be kind, only adding to the beauty of the place. It was not simply gorgeous though, it was a bit strange, at least in her opinion. On certain ends there were colorful structures flapping in the wind, seemingly made with some kind of skin or plant matter, not that she had ever seen anything in those colors around Helovia. Of course with the magical implications of this place, bright colors hardly seemed the most dazzling. Still, why?

What was the purpose of this place, and more specifically the tents? As if the land wasn't already divided below, the herds (for there were 4 different colors for the 4 herds, she assumed) had also claimed spots up here? Why was there a cloud which took the flightless up here? It seemed too benevolent to the be the word of the gods, but certainly it wasn't of the mortals. Surely there was a motivation other than generosity behind such a large gift? An amulet, sure, but an island didn't seem normal.

Then again she had been gone, maybe something had changed, other than this floating chunk of rock with a cloud mount, that is.

Just then a brown streak blew past her, heels kicking up a bit of debris. Ampere's head turned away quickly, a wing lifting up to shield her from the wake of the small storm that thundered past. Ruffled, Ampere peeked around her feathers, easily finding the young stud as he gasped at the island. His youth was apparent, but Ampere could tell he was also mature, in at least one way. He was certainly appealing, his hide and likely his mind hardly scarred by life as of yet. His wonder of this place definitely lacked her vicious scrutiny.

In need of some uplifting company, particularly that of a stallion's, Ampere approached. "It is," she agreed with his statement as she settled in beside him, staring out over the sky. "Though, it's also stupid," she added after a pause, shrugging her shoulders a bit dismissively. "It's all a bit mysterious I think, whether good or bad remains to be seen, don't you think?" She turned her head towards him, the bright blue of her eyes gazing calmly at his green ones, her face framed with dark hair and a wild, asymmetrical marking running down her left side.

A M P E R E
PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL

ellsouille.deviantart.com with permission

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Caenan Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 4 Years (Ages in OrangeMoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
TierRen
"It's the heart and the soul and the body and the brain
Driving me insane
But the wind and the land and the fire and the rain
Always stay the same"
-Roll With the Wind

With the mare came the energy that could be felt before a bolt of lightning would strike. Her voice was the sound of a gentle rain but had the rasp of coming thunder.

"You know you are right," facing away from the mare he grinned mischievously before turning to face her with a suddenly grim face. "Who knows what may live here. There could be all sorts of undiscovered beasts. Would probably be grand fights against bitter evil, dashing heroes, and treasures that would leave us all gape mouthed in awe. " As he spoke he danced nimbly tossing his head sparring with an invisible foe.

Now he stood perfectly still, "But alas," looking to the sky as if it troubled him deeply he shook his head, "Such adventure would be a hardship." With a flashy smile he winked at the mare. "At least for pretty dainty lil' things like yourself." Laughter came before he hastily smoothed his words over. "Now I am just messing around, I am sure that you could land quite a kick." He knew that he was probably lucky if she didn't demonstrate her capabilities for him right then and there.

Maybe it was foolish to be so mellow about possible trouble looming in the distance. Everything in life comes at a price; he knew that. Call him an optimist but never a fool. He figured that whether there was trouble or no trouble it would be reckless to waste the chance of missing out on life's more interesting moments. Caenan would take the island as it was.

For a moment he simply stood and watched her. Their eyes were the ocean and the sky meeting for the first time. Son of the sea and a daughter of the sky. A ray of sunshine filtered through the clouds above them leaving Caenan to squint breaking the gaze he had held on her. A merciful breeze maneuvered a cloud over the bright sun.

"But joking aside I see where you are coming from. Even if it is a gift from the Gods even they don't give without expecting repayment. How long has this been here?" Chuckling he realized it was a worthless question compared to others he could have asked; Where had it came from? How did it get here? He pitied the poor wind that pushed the massive piece of land to its current position. "Where the in the God's names did it come from. Are we really as daft as to never catch wind of a massive floating island?"

A petal from a nearby cherry tree landed on the stallion's foreleg. Bending he scratched the spot where it had landed with his horn. As another blew past him he snorted playfully blowing it in the direction of the pegasus.

"Well come on then. Are we gonna let trouble find us or shall we hunt it down ourselves?"

Not that he really expected to find any, Caenan only wanted an excuse to have her company for longer. As much as he longed to be alone he also yearned for companionship.

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
[Image: caenan_pixel_by_danjahmouse-d9wbjhj.gif]

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
Will you still love me
When I'm no longer young and beautiful
I know you will

She laughed. She couldn't help it, even tried to fight it for fear he might take offense, but she had to. His abrupt change of expression, which if anything seemed put on (he had a flare for the dramatics) combined with his ideas of evil, heroes, and treasure were all the breath of fresh air she needed. Thus,s he expelled her old one with a laugh, airy and light and free. His youth shone through in that moment, but she didn't mind its innocence, because at least it had hope and wonder and energy.

Luckily he didn't seem the type to take offense easily. Just as he was bashing in his unseen opponents, ones she was about to step in and aid him with, although by the looks of it his winning just fine on his own, the moment was gone. He sobered, but ever swift on his feet, and his moods, he let loose his own laugh.

She couldn't help but grin, despite wanting to cuff him over top his head with a wing for that little jab at her strength. He had an infectious energy and it stole her breath away, the way a fierce storm gets down into your bones and seems to rebuild you up from scratch, making you from wind and rain and lightning instead of just flesh and sinew and hair. He didn't wear the mark of it like she did, but he was wild.

"Would you like to see?" she asked toothily when he backpedaled on his ribbing. Her eyes glinted daringly, suspecting he didn't often live down challenges. Ampere danced forward stepping around him, if only to prove she was just as fleet footed as he.

Maybe he was young, but he was charming as hell. If not a kick, perhaps just some fleeting touch...

She sidled up next to him on his other side as she finished her display, her left shoulder likely just brushing up against his right. The sea roared below, further than she had even seen it without flying. Even at this height its size was not diminished. It reminded her of Mesec, as the beach always did now, but thoughts of him easily drifted away with the warmth of the pirate at her side.

The playfulness seemed to ebb with the tide, some of Caenan's energy dwindling as her original comments seemed to settle inside of him. For a moment she regretted what she had said, missing the playful, carefree stallion that had swept her up. Yet he, just like this place, was only a momentary crumb of peace amid the turmoil of the world, which was best not to forget.

Then again, maybe moments of serenity was all that could be hoped for, and learning to recognize them, then seize them, was what defined sanity.

Ampere sighed heavily and with it her fire flickered and grew smaller, colder. It was not gone though, never gone.
"I don't know," she replied honestly to his question. She wasn't sure if he was actually looking for an answer, but she supposed learning anything about this place started with sharing what was already known. "I've only recently returned to this realm, but I know it was never here before." She turned to glance at him, suspecting his comment was mostly made in humor, which she returned with, "Having flown over here often I'd think I would have noticed it." She smiled.

The moment of beauty - pretty girl with the sea breeze tossed mane standing next to the dashing boy on the floating island of peace - was 'ruined' by the petal drifting against her nostril. It tickled in just the right way that she sneezed, her feathers all bristling with the sensation, which was highly embarrassing.

He switched gears again, managing to even make her head spin, which was a feat considering her reputation. She laughed again, grateful for the return of this side of him, and anxious to discover more just as he was. "Do you always go looking for trouble?" she asked, wings loosening on her sides, head lifting tall, eyes bright and eager. "If so, I think I just found my new partner," her features were sly as she reached out to give him a playful nip at his withers before she dashed off to her right. Her hooves ate the ground furiously as she ran, wings tucked back tightly to her sides to keep her streamlined. She galloped like a madman across the terrain, hurtling herself right off the edge and into the embrace of the wind.

She cupped Ampere with a hard, cold, hand, but it was a familiar one, so Ampere loved it. Her wings, which had already begun to unfurl as she made that last stride on the ground, reached out together the air beneath them, flapping and pushing, and pulling for control. At last she found it, turning in a pocket of wind and pushing herself up. She burst back above the island, drifting over Caenan with a grin. This might be considered cheating in a game of tag, but she wasn't one to play nice when it came to winning, or flirting.

Now, what will we find?

A M P E R E
PRETTY FACE AND ELECTRIC SOUL

ellsouille.deviantart.com with permission

@[Caenan]

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.