the Rift

[JUDGED] Electric Surge [Arvakl x Thranduil]

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Oh how she leans in to the gold, drawn like Icarus to the sun, or like moths to a flame. Even he can not hide the feelings pulling her so close to him, and the grin upon his lips twists and curls. Those emerald eyes flash and she pulls forward and passes around him, dancing on her black dipped legs. The pink winged repeats his name, bowing like the king’s mistress before his bed. We must be humble to our subjects of course, so the twin horns dip to her with every ring of superiority and pride held in that dark heart. Again the girl ‘rounds him, as sizzling electricity begins to awaken his nerves. Front hoof lifts as paws the air with the energy that began to pinball within him. A good trick, a lady who knows how to play, and the heat of her body in this icy chasm was all just a little too much. So when her invitation came, it could not be turned down as the others had. No, this little king’s mistress would certainly find herself busy.

Spanish neck curves back to her with earth eyes sparking a wild flare. He chuckles low, “Let’s see what’s under the hood.” The golden son winks at her, knowing exactly where her mind would go. Oh but the gold has something different planned. So get your mind out of the gutter and bring out those big guns.

The air is a blaze with their tension, and no longer could the gold stand it. Forelegs burst up into a half rear, and vanilla locks are sent flying as the gold shakes free, embracing the electricity and making it his own. Adrenaline flooded his veins, becoming a compostable elixir when combined with the golden son’s pride. A roar of war lifted from that beast and split across the ice walls.

A spar was a still a spar though, though there was no loosing this one. Trapped in the arch’s ceilings the girl could not raise very high, and icy floor was nearly as deadly as blades in places. The golden had home court advantage. For weeks he had been training out on the Steepe in ice and snow, and cloven hooves, like those of mountain goats had the advantage. In fact, the first time the gold had met this woman was out on the Steppe. She’d woken him, disturbing his peace, now he would destroy hers. Lifted up into a half rear the golden flashes her a look through his white flying hairs, then let the electricity explode.

Neck curves away from her, pulling his body into a curve away. Then, far hind pushes straight, and the gold’s barred shoulder blade shot out towards where the pinked winged had been standing moments ago. It was as if he was answering her hidden begging wishes to feel his skin against her’s at last. Fore hooves reach out in front of him in a lunge, pulling his body out and straight again by aiming to land a yard or two before her own hooves. If their body’s did not meet his hooves would catch him, but if they did the spring back would help catch him. A madness was possessing this golden son in the release of energy and is ruptured forth in a twisted dark laughter.

First cloven hoof lands on a thick patch of ice, and the laughter dies down quickly as the gold’s hoof slides. The second hoof lands more squarely and catches a rougher patch of the ice and grips. Back legs were already lifting up to come forward. For a moment the world paused as the golden feared slipping on this surface. Luck was on his side though. A rock captive of the ice stops his hoof’s ice skating career. The grin returns as solid footing was found for both of his fores, just as his weight shifted forward. The ice was upon his side, and it would not let its new golden son fall. So that next move was not entirely planned, but completely unavoidable.

With the end of panic came endorphins, and another surge of adrenaline. It was too much to land quietly with, so that brown stripped back curls upward more, and those golden hinds go flying out and up. It could be near her head, but the gold carried not about the damages. He was a power force, ready to let loose on this girl who proved she could keep up with his mind. Now was the time to see if she could keep up with him a physically, but if not, well then, that’s just more to tease and taunt her on later. The gold needed to see though. He needed to know if she too felt that electric surge.

ATTACK :: 1/3 +closing defense
TAG :: @[Arvakl]
WC :: 799
INJURY :: None
MAGIC AND COMPANIONS :: Yes
UNLIMITED TIME :: Yes
NOTE:: PERMISSION GIVEN to state Arvakl was beside him at the start of the fight, and to start it in the Arch. I GIVE PERMISSION for Silk to choose which side Arvakl's on and to move it just outside of the Arch if she chooses.
SETTING :: Inside the Arch around mid-day on a cool Orangemoon afternoon. Inside the arch looks like this only with rocks on the floor instead of crystals. The height of this particular place in the Arch allows for Arvakl to fly up fifteen feet unrestricted, after that, there may be stalactites of ice. There are sharp, smooth and rough places on the ice. Outside the Arch is rocky and pebbly with ice patches as well.
SUMMARY :: Thranduil half rears, and curves away from Arvakl (which ever side she chooses) then kicks off towards her, hoping to strike her shoulder blade with his. He turns it into a lunge to land in front of her, but slips, caught only by a rock stuck in the ice. Feeling lucky he bucks.
"speech"

credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Arvakl Posts: 66
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
it's okay to be crazy

Oh but Son of Gold, I want to play. At first all I wanted was a little bit of love, a little of that kind of love, if you catch my drift. (And I know you do.) But you twist it, and the game that I've started heads down a different path. One that will include blood and bruising and wounded flesh.
Lacerations and abrasions and dare I say, a wounded pride? We can't both walk away champions of the ice, the Arch that encompasses the growing electricity jumping between us. Or can we? Oh handsome man, I forgot to tell you. This is my kink; I like it rough. I want him to hurt me and I want to hurt him. I want us to walk away from this bruised, aching, with some EPIC catharsis. And then we can come together again and talk about how amazing it was - and how much we want to do it again.

His earthy eyes and his husky words taunt me but they only flame the heat inside of me. I think I'm ready, but I'm not: I'm not ready for the surge of energy that bursts from him, the most I've yet seen. His hooves are flying at me, but he's far enough away that I am not worried about them. When he comes down again, he turns and lines up with my left side - his shoulder smacks into my own and his hooves slide in front of me. I grunt as he slams into me. I wasn't expecting that attack, especially after his hooves flew at my side. Much of the air has been pushed from my lungs and I stagger to my right, hooves struggling to stop my movement on the slippery ground.

Alas for him, a stone causes him grief and he slips a little on the icy floor. His back hooves come flying at me, and though I've been pushed off to the side, I'm not completely out of range. I try to rear to get out of the way, but my balance is not settled yet and his right hind scythe clips my cheek, opening a gash that runs the length of my jowl. I curse in pain and as his legs come down, I find myself finally gaining balance. I hiss and snarl at the retreating golden boy. Hey, I don't mind a little blood but on my FACE?! My mood takes a turn for the more serious as I feel so much like exacting my revenge. It's no fun if the beating is all one-sided. Let me make you feel as I do. The stinging flesh is distracting and I don't plan out my rebuttal as I should.

Instead, I take a few quick strides after him and lunge out, neck extending and lobes turned back and pressed against my skull, pearly whites bared. Blood streams down my cheek and my bruised shoulder hurts, but my teeth are perfectly intact to tear at his golden, unmarred flesh. The blood that stains my lightly painted cheek may very well dribble on to him as well if I can make contact. I hope that perhaps I can scrape an equally large gash in his rump, or if he turns away, I may be able to injure his side instead. Stay within range, brute, I want to hurt you, too! Sharing is caring, Thranduil - didn't anyone ever teach you that?

1/3
WC: 572
Tag: @[Thranduil]
Thran hits her left shoulder and shoves her to the right, and his right hind leaves a gash on her left cheek. She lunges after him to bite his ass (or side).

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
@[Thranduil] although this is an unlimited timeline if you continued to post elsewhere this fight will default.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Oh snap! Zing! Electricity in that golden’s body spazzes with the connection of tan and gold. How it sizzles and sparks, making the buck feel more like a snap of a machine. A howl echoes against the ice walls from behind him and the golden, and he knows exactly where that came from. Maybe a knock in the head would help that crazy bird see a little clearer about just who she was dealing with. This wasn’t some friendly competition, this more savage, more dangerous, and the stakes were higher than even she thought. The golden wanted to play with this little mistress, but that did not mean it would go smoothly for her. No, she must learn her place, and learn the gold was the master of this little game they played.

With a devilish smile the gold un-curls his back to land his hinds. Black heart danced about within him and even though his feet had just now found land again, they were already charging and nerves arcing with electricity to lift up again. It was not a very safe place to play like this, but had that rock before not proven the gold was to win here. Had that not been fate smiling upon her golden son who romped and played with the charges about him? So as those golden hinds landed square those golden forelegs were lifts up again, shoulders rising to give them room and Spanish neck pulling his body up and along for another dance forward. He was invincible and completely untouchable, more so he would show this pink bird just what she was getting into.

Oh…so we’re going to try and get a little sassy back now eh? Hot breath blows a moment on his back, before those hard pearls come scraping against that golden coat. Jaw grips, and harks pin back but there’s nothing to be done as the gold leaps. A sting of air and sickening touch of hot crimson tell him what he cannot see, that his own golden coat is now marred. The pretty girl’s grip slips though as the gold lifts away from her grip, and that gold coat is only left with two small slices. Cloven hooves touchdown on a patch of pebbles, which while they slide, do not allow him to slip. So landing fully that twin horned head flashes back to look at his cut left rump. A smirk, more sinister than before snaps back at that pink winged lass. Oh, but she’s got her own cuts, and the gold’s smirk turns to a grin as he laughs out at her, “You look good with a bit of blood, let’s see if more doesn’t up the appeal.” Front legs which had danced in place, still spitting with the electric surges in the air, now collect and canter the gold at the crazy bird once more. Tossing those twin horns, the gold lets loose a sign of the bent up energy with a low rough call to arms. Come on lassy, we can do better than this.

Head on he comes, cantering about the ice, letting those wild surges carry him like a leaf through a tornado. No one is invincible though, and the ice, is a crueler mistress than the gold is master. So as that golden attempts to slide to a stop to snap out his teeth at the girl’s neck the ice is not as kind as before. Back dips, and cloven hinds tip back to stop, but the gold keeps going. Feeling his back end slip from is control, his front keeps pedaling to keep him up, but there is only one way to stay up. Open maw gives a wide grin as he begin to reach out to hopefully grab that pale girl’s flesh under her dark mane at the side of her neck. Why worry about sliding, he was (if the girl did not lift up with those wings, which was not in his thoughts) eventually going to hit her, unless she moved. Something told the girl, based on what he knew of her love for a little rough and tumble, she was not likely to move away from him. Gold coat trembles with the anticipation of another zap of that electric spark.

ATTACK :: 2/3 +closing defense
TAG :: @[Arvakl]
WC :: 713
INJURY :: Two small cuts on his left rump about two inches long, and shallow.
SUMMARY :: Landing, the gold takes off again, only to feel Ark's bite, which just barely breaks the skin. Enough though to get the gold charging back at her, and as he slides to a stop trying to bite her neck he slips on the ice and comes sliding right at her.
"speech"

credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Arvakl Posts: 66
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 (Tallsun) HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
My body launches after him, pearly whites bared for a taste of his flesh; the blood on my cheek has not yet reached my ivories and stained them. I hope that instead, they may be stained by the blood of my.. frenemy. I am left wanting, only getting the top of Thranduil's epidermis, and I see that I have left barely a mark on him. The muscular golden unicorn leaps away from me, more or less escaping my intended revenge. A hiss leaves my lips in annoyance at my failure to truly give him something to remember me by. My momentum slows as he pulls away and I come to a full stop. Within seconds I'm backing away from him, emerald orbs watching him carefully, knowing that his retort must be near at hand if there's any sense about him.

He laughs, and at first I am confused and find myself disoriented. I scowl, not understanding his mirth. But the words that come from his soft lips - those I understand. 'You look good with a bit of blood, let's see if more doesn't up the appeal.' Oh he speaks my language! It's more than I could ask for, and my heart lightens, my blood rushing through my veins as the merriment returns to my form. A delicious smile spreads across my visage as well, and I'm back in the game. One lobe perks forward, the other pinned. "Then make me bleed again, Thranduil, I dare you!"

It's a dare he is happy to take me up on, as his body turns on the pebbles clattering beneath his hooves. Steam rises from our torsos as we sweat from the exertion of our play, but the cold air is soothing as our bodies strive to maintain a level temperature. He doesn't stop for a breath of air before coming at me again full throttle. His teeth bared, thirsting for my ruby red blood. His hooves clatter on the ice-covered floor as he attempts to stop, but Thranduil's lean, muscular form is no match for the slippery mistress of winter. I throw my wings out to my sides and pump them, trying to assist in moving away. I dance to the left so that the golden boy slides right past me. The only way I escape the tricks of our footing is by lack of momentum; my toes have not dared to escalate the way Thranduil's have. My magenta tail swishes back and forth in the frosty air like a whip, trying to balance my body as well as demonstrate that no golden child will steal my spunk THAT easily.

My jade eyes follow the Thranduil's movement to my right. I duck my crown and twist toward the right, my antlers lowered to chest-height. I thrust forward, hoping to catch Thranduil right in his unmarred, beautiful barrel, if my approximations of his location are correct. Blood flecks scatter across my visage as the sudden movement dislodges them. I blink furiously, trying to keep the fluid out of my eyes, and hope passionately that I make my mark. 'You won't escape so easily again!'

2/3
WC: 520
Tag: @[Thranduil]
Thran misses and slides past her right side as she sidesteps. She lowers her head and tries to gore him in the side with her antlers.

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Arvakl excluding dismemberment and death.

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official

By my verdict: ARVAKL is the winner!

THRANDUIL
Realism [+1]
I was confused by your first attack. What is his body curving away from, and then why is he using his shoulder? Is he trying to hit her with his shoulder? Then why would he keep going straight? I think so more directional or ease sentences between the prose would have helped me get the idea of what was going on a little more. In your second post, I was also not really able to glean that Thranduil took the bite from Arvakl - I had to read your summary!

Emotion [+2]
The emotion in this battle was very good, full of life and fun! I particularly liked your references to the energy in the air as well as the sulty and sexy edge to their fight.

Prose [+3]
Post 1 || " a blaze " should just be "ablaze" otherwise it's literally a, singular blaze
Post 1 || "Steepe" spelling
Otherwise good!

Readability [+1]
There were a few issues I had with understanding where you took damage and where you were attacking, giving it this score.

Finally tally: 46 + (2*7) = 60 HP

ARVAKL
Realism [+3.5]
Your attacks and defenses are clear and make sense, and I particularly liked that you included how blood could get in the way of her seeing since she was cut on her face. Very good attention to detail. I would have appreciated more of an effort to bring in their different sizes and the environment, since you had the word space to do so!

Emotion [+2]
I definitely like the emotion I felt in this post from Arvakl. I liked how it took her a moment to get into the battle after wanting "you know what" and then finding that she liked this more!

Prose [+2]
Post 1 || " Oh handsome man, I forgot to tell you. This is my kink; I like it rough." I am not taking off points for this, but a better way to punctuate would be: "Oh, handsome man, I forgot to tell you this is my kink. I like it rough." Mainly because the last sentence can stand alone, but the way you wrote it, your first sentence was a runon.
Post 1 | "ut I'm not: I'm not ready for the surge of energy that bursts from him, the most I've yet seen." This does not need a colon.
I would try focusing on your punctuation and sentence structure a little more! There were a few run on sentences and some commas that needed to be put in better places. The words and the emotion were there, but it could have read a little better.

Readability [+1.5]
Readable!

Finally tally: 49 + (9*2) = 67 HP