the Rift

[OPEN] Sing Me A Lullaby of Lies

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

A sweet wind blew through the willows, and the world seemed to take a sigh of ease. It would be one of its lasts before winter set in. Even in this place where the golden son finds himself. Weaving through the willow branches the gold lets a long exhale. He had only just manage to weave out of the crowd that had gathered around that mammoth God of Earth. It had been a risky venture going out so boldly, with so many horses who recognized him. Though there was really only one horse he worried about catching him. The damsel queen had been so carefully crafted to his tones, that to have a sass woman like Arvakl ruin it, well it was too much of annoyance. So he’d left as soon as he was able. Perhaps he’d tell the black and white it had been fear of being caught. It was not a new feeling, but it was certainly coming on more regularly, which had put the gold and ill ease.

This place was helping, slightly. A peaceful lake walk could not keep even the most disgruntled horse from feeling slightly more at ease. As willows reached down to caresses his back, and tree frogs signaling the coming late afternoon began to chirp. It was near winter, but still a few fireflies still skirted around the darkest shadows, even at this early hour. The gold knew himself to be heading north, and in that direction lay the World’s Edge. Perhaps he would take on the damsel queen’s offer and rest there for a night or two. Certainly he could not venture back the Basin, and he had yet to find a Throat member to latch onto. It did not settle with him well though. The day’s events called for reality. No masks, no highly convoluted plans. That was not to be found in the Edge, but perhaps, some creature lurks in these woods here, who was searching for the same peaceful surroundings, dashed in harsh reality. The golden laughed out at the thought. Impossible. He was the only who thought like he, was he not?

OOC :: Open to anyone, but especially @[Agrona]
"speech"

credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen

Faeanne
Take advantage of my heart and I'll go back into the dark

Emotionally, I should have been an old aging mare by now. Happily curled up somewhere warm in hopes I would make it through the oncoming Frostfall, but deep inside, knowing that it would be my last so I would stealthily say goodbye to all of those that I held near and dear to my cold, broken heart. But alas, there was noone for me to say goodbye to, they had all moved on to bigger and better things than the gold dusted filly who's heart was literally broken. It wouldn't be broken for long though, as soon as I managed to make it to the Throat I would be healed, I would be normal...at least in the physical sense. But nothing would be able to heal the fact that my birth parents abandoned me, and my adoptive parents had decided that their lives in the Edge were more important than seeing I am safe in the arms of someone else.
A shiver passed over my star dusted pelt as I wandered further into the grove of trees, following the sound of the water's gentle beating against the banks, today I would be going for a swim. Maybe it would get rid of some of the stress that would give me wrinkles before I could even be considered a yearling. Dark harks flicked about on my golden skull, keeping track of where the others visiting this land were before allowing my limbs to stretch out so I could be carried into the water faster. Reaching the banks my gold studded wings snapped out, away from my sides and into the cool air as my limbs left the ground.
Was this what flying felt like?
The sensation was gone too quickly as my slender frame hit the water and a child-like squeal of happiness was emitted. As for a few moments I was enjoying myself and the events of the last nine months were forgotten, dragged away in the watery grasp of my current playground. A rare smile tugged at the corners of my sooty kissers as I pranced about in the water, causing a ruckus of splashes and waves, but I didn't care. Surely I was going to be scolded by some older creature anyway, so I may as well enjoy myself while I still am able too.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[Thranduil]
Words;;387
Notes;; Hope you don't mind me dropping her in here! I figured someone had to meet the famous Thran xD
Sorry it's kinda all over the place, she didn't want me to have her walk up to him xD

Image Credits

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Rounded, dark feet hit the dry dirt with soft thuds, my dark body beginning to blend in with the oncoming night. As I spilled from the darkness of the forest, the frogs grew quiet and the lingering crickets also fell silent. I haven't been here in a while.. my conscience whispered as I saunter from the thin woods and out to the open banks of the lake.

The last time I had been here, there was something wrong with me... something that I couldn't really explain, and it was never really spoken of since; those creatures, they just took over our home and smoked us all out with that thick, choking fog. Ugh, just to think about those horrid things in their cloaks with those dark faces makes my skin crawl.

Helovia is so fucked up.

Down the shore, my violet eyes landed on a small, dark body that crawled into the water, it's sharp voice ripping apart the momentary silence. The child, happy to in the moment of the night, began splashing and causing havoc in the water, her dark silhouette dusted with what I could barely see as golden flakes. The innocence of the moment struck my heart in the strangest way; pain, joy and anger. Each of these emotions flooded my body in a way that made me shiver and tilt my ears back, the metal gauge clicking against bone as it rubbed against my antler. Silently, my bottom lip quivered before I could bite it with a tight grip.

How dare this child! Out here gallivanting around by herself.. being.. Annoying and adorable.

My eyes narrowed tightly at the splashing child, nostrils fluttering with a loud snort. "What do you think you're doing in the water this time of night?!" I growl, hopefully loudly enough for the occupied child to hear my words. I dropped my crowned skull and move forward in a non-threatening manner, stopping a comfortable couple of yards away from the yearling. You know, just in case mommy dearest was actually lingering somewhere in the shadows.

Walking "Talking" Thinking
Sorry for the wait and terrible response guys. It'll get better as we go, <3
@[Faeanne]

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Oh but it was one thing Helovia never was, it was quiet. A growl echos across the lake, sharp and close. The gold stops, harks lifting in peaked interest. It wounded like a mare, but bit harsh for one. Curious the gold lets a smile play on his lips and step closer through the shadows. Hidden there on their edge he finds a dark mare storming to the water line. Twin horns raise, which look so similar to hers. She’s a lovely thing really, especially from this view. His grin turns wicked, before he moves on to look around her. She’d certainly been talking to someone though….Unless, like so many in the messed up land she saw things she wasn’t supposed to. Unfortunately the wind was not in his favor tonight, and no scent came his way from her. At last she stops though, revealing her partner. A smaller bird, of a gold dusted back, swimming? Bit late for that wasn’t it? What on earth was the child doing swimming? Was this her mother? Surely not…but then. The gold was not eager to get in between a mother and daughter. Still, he had spent most of the day on his own, and finding two new play mates was the best evening entertainment he could find.

Slipping from the shadows he comes from behind up to the lake shore. His Spanish body easily picking up a smooth graceful slide of a gait to stop just by the dark mare. Still though he could not catch her scent, some nights it was just not in his favor. Nodding to her with a calm gaze, ignoring whatever she did in reaction he looks to the filly a flutter in the water. “A midnight swim isn’t always a bad thing now is it?” A sly smile coming down to the filly below, winking quickly at her. With smooth steps the gold descends the bank, cloven hooves just stepping into the chilling water. Twin horns spin that head round in a flash of gold and white locks. “Care to join us?” His smile curls with a wicked touch. All his troubles were quickly being forgotten in this wonderfully distracting game.

OOC :: @[Faeanne] @[Agrona]
"speech"

credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
I Could Be The One To Set You Free.

Relaxation was just beginning to take over when the screeching sound of the mare's voice broke through the near silence of the crickets song. "What do you think you're doing in the water this time of night?!" Molten pools rolled about in their sockets before dark lids pulled away to reveal the oddness that seemed to take many back, causing them to trip over their words and fall backwards in attempts to move away from the demon child. I was no demon, simply a product of poor genetics and a mother who didn't have room to love anyone but herself. Dark ears flicked back against my skull as the playing stopped, reality crashing back and the pain of the last nine months smacking me like a mother chiding her child. There wasn't time to retaliate and ask the broad who she was to be chiding me, for another form slipped into the area, the golden twin horned creature slid up beside the dark one who thought it appropriate to yell and shatter my few moments of actually being a child.
“A midnight swim isn’t always a bad thing now is it?” His words only a little bit deeper than the mare's growl as he strode closer to the cold water. Ears moved forwards as I took a half step backwards, away from the stranger and the angry broad, sure I was a child but that didn't mean I was trusting and stupid. The two strangers were very similar in looks and it made me worry that I was the stranger in this mix, not the two adults. My mouth grew dry as the stallion's cloven hooves cause ripples in the chilled water, his voice taking over the comforting sound of the crickets once more. “Care to join us?” Drenched silver strands smacked against slender hips as I tucked my star speckled wings into my sides and stepped back once more from the gold and black strangers, "Who are you?"
I was surprised by the strength and solidness in my voice considering the amount of fear and worry that was trickling through my bloodstream. Ivory pupils settled on what I considered to be the worst of two evils, the golden creature who had somehow managed to get closer to me than I had expected either of them too. Surely the water was too cold for adults to enjoy right?

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Agrona]
Words;; 405
Notes;;

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

The playing comes to a seize and the small pegasus turns on me, her pupils - dull and white - are surrounded by an elegant gold shimmer. I have to take a deep, quivering breath to steady my throbbing heart, because once more all I can see is the lifeless white eyes of the body that I had tucked away in the garden of my past home. Her eyes are hard but distant, 'Blind' I huff in my mind, though I know she can see when she looks directly at me.. no, she's looking past me. The soft crinkle of forked hooves on hardy earth makes my ears swivel toward the noise and my laced snout to swing around, sharp eyes settling now on a stallion who bores antlers that are so similar to my own. Shocked, I cock my crowned head to the left, drawing in a deep breath to taste his scent. Was he one of my own? No, I would remember him.. He would remember me, surely.

“A midnight swim isn't always a bad thing now is it?” The filly's father. They look nothing alike. Pity, because he is handsome. My eyes follow while the stallion with the deep brown bars, turning back to the small female who's eyes now have grown in size. 'This is not her father.' My chest tightens while the filly backs away, her silvery tail floating around her on top of the water like fog across a valley; she is scared. The strange male slinks into the water, calling back to me to join them in the cold waters. Brows furrow beneath silky white hair, eyes narrowing slightly as his dusty lips turn up into a grin. As much as I do enjoy water, I stare silently, letting my expression answer for me.

"Who are you." the star-dribbled girl questions, her voice much more dominant than she appears to be capable of owning. My jaw clenches, looking to the antlered man; he doesn't seem off, but then again... we're in Helovia. "Get away from her." I state, my gravely voice calm while I size him up. I'd rather not fight over a child that I don't know, but if the filly cannot hold her own, I will. My tail begins to snap back and forth quickly, long fringes cracking the air while crickets ring all around us. "You don't know him?" My eyes pry on the pegasus whom I had just scolded for being in the cold water at such late hours of the night.

Motherly instincts come and go with age, I suppose.

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!