the Rift

[OPEN] It's been awhile
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia had bad memories of this place, but she had a feeling that Kri was no longer here - not if Midas had met her as the leader last time. After meeting Gaucho, and coming to the realization that he was not a slow asshole but just slow, he had told her more about this place which suggested that it had changed. She wanted to see for herself. Once upon a time she had served this herd as a sleuth with a little mare named Xira. What seemed like ages ago for others, seemed like yesterday for her.

Her hooves made soft indentations on the sand, seeing remnants of a wall that she had seen before. Mauja had been held here... Apparently it was on this stretch of beach that he had disappeared into the water, leaving her alone after she had started to feel close. Ophelia felt her heart harden again, much the same way it had when her mother died. Though the memories would always remain, there was no use dwelling on the disappointments of the past.

Besides the wall, not much had changed. She could still see the Oasis in the distance. The afternoon sun was wan overhead, promising orangemoon storms and cold nights. Tinek, recognizing this place as well, jumped from her back and ran around in the sand, rolling in it while Ophelia made a face.

"I simply do not understand how you tolerate those grains getting between your scales...." she hummed.

"Ithcy scatches..." was his only response.

Ophelia snorted and shook her head. She grew to loathe the sand and how it got everywhere and in everything. Her hair would get dry and hand in tendrils, and her skin would chafe. While not a particularly vain creature, Phi was normal in enjoying being comfortable. Absently she wondered if Gaucho would come again or if someone else would. Midas, perhaps? Though she had heard rumors that he had perhaps moved on.

[[Academy setup thread! Mirage/Whit, you are welcome to crash this too if we want to make one thread out of it!

@[Sohalia]
]]
Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Sohalia the Transcended Posts: 477
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Astraeus :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya ChaoticMelodies
Sohalia

Words tumbled through her cranium, flickering and floating from her auds making, at least, some semblance of sense. Drogikh. Khasar. Lajasar. The dove swallowed hard, shaking her head, sending ivory tresses flying. -Words hard,- Astraeus advised wisely from overhead, caught in the midst of a downward spiral. He landed softly on her withers, ruffling his feathers to coerce them back into place before he preened them flat. His bonded made a face and snorted. He was right, of course - learned a new language was never easy, particularly when it was so very easy to just use her native tongue instead.

There was something calming about not only her lover's language, but the act of learning it from him. Through his words, she caught a glimpse into the culture or his past life, and she found that she was thoroughly impressed with the extent of his native tongue. Many of those in Helovia assumed that he was dim-witted, since he did not understand the common language - but that simply wasn't true. She had never found him particularly stupid, but as she learned from and with him, she was privy to a new, intelligent spark in his eye and a certain amused adoration in his gaze as she fumbled with something that came so easily to him.

The pair had been discussing the upcoming generals tournament, an event that had the angel anxious. She would not be comfortable until she had a competent general (No, khasar, she corrected herself), until the ranks of their army were full once more. Or, at least, not empty. She grimaced again.

Astraeus, whose eyes were much keener than hers, shrieked suddenly before launching himself into the air. With a scowl, she glared upwards. "You're so welcome, your Majesty," she grumbled, though she could not help a smile. His own amusement flowed through the bond; so, too, did his sudden wariness. He sent an image of a small, light form picking its way across the sand. The dove increased her pace, assuming the air of the Transcended, Sultana of the Dragon's Throat.

Her stride was purposeful as she neared the newcomer, a kind smile on her petite features. She carried a businesslike air as she came to a halt a respectful distance away, eyeing the tumbling, scaly creature in the sand. To the unicorn mare who accompanied him, she merely raised a brow. "It seems that your companion enjoys our sands," she observed, chuckling. "Allow me to welcome you. I am Sohalia, Sultana of the Dragon's Throat. How may I help you?"

"Talk talk talk."
@[Ophelia]

Translations ::
drogikh | herd
khasar | small group of protectors, generals
lajasar | army
VenomXBaby
Please tag Sohalia in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to place an order?  Visit Crystalline Creations here!
Want to plot with Sohalia?  Visit her plot page here!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

If Ophelia had been interested enough to read her thoughts, she would have been amused at the mare's devotion to the simple stallion. She used simple as a term for how he handled his emotions, not his level of intellect. He was a good fighter, and you had to be smart to fight smart. But, he was reactive, emotional, unable or unwilling to control his temper, and in this way, Ophelia found him to be simple. She would never be a threat to their relationship, no matter how much his gaze lingered because she simply was not interested. He was a puzzle, but one easily unraveled once she looked into his mind.

Maybe there was more to him, but that was not for her to find out.

The sound of a bird screeching caught her attention, and she looked up. It was the most beautiful bird she had honestly ever seen before. Did such creatures live here now? They didn't the last time she had visited. The answer to her question walked toward here with confidence and grace, as if she know her own steps and her own land with as much reliance as Ophelia had in her memories. She was truly beautiful, and that hurt inside.

She was not vain. Not jealous. Not petty. Ophelia saw the beauty, inside and out, beauty she no longer had. She was damaged, and this dove was perfect. Her light only made Ophelia look dirty, stained like the bloody ends of her hair. The pale princess' expression turned to stone, an enigmatic mask betraying nothing beneath and nothing of importance. Even the light in her eyes was dulled, almost vacant but still with a note of tragedy ringing in the blue and red colors.

The mare referred to Tinek, and Ophelia snorted in amusement. "He hatched here," she replied. "I assumed he missed it, but I had no realization that he missed it quite this much."
The dragon stopped rolling and returned to Ophelia, grinning widely, happily, at the new stranger. Some of his happy-go-lucky attitude, learned from Comadre, was showing through again.

When she introduced herself as the leader of the Dragon's Throat, she raised a brow. So the leadership had changed. While she had assumed Kri had gone, only because she hadn't heard of any wars going on (and lets be honest, Kri attracted conflict). But this was very new. "Ophelia the Forsaken," she replied. "Daughter of Paladin the Valiant, former leader of the Foothills and the Grey." This mare, as a lead, would want to know. The only reason why Ophelia introduced herself this way was to sate others' curiosity - there was little pride in her words.

"Also, former Sleuth for this herd under the leadership of Kri when my sister and I were still very young." Phi inclined her head. "Please to make your acquaintance." The mare paused, wondering why she was here and how honest she should be about her intentions. "I came to pay homage to the God of the Sun, to sate curiosity, and perhaps see a friend who invited me here..." Friend was putting it strongly.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Sohalia

Feeling no tension from his bonded, Astraeus allowed himself to fall from the sky in a slow, steady arc. Small flickers of lightning raced along his sleek form, dancing over each feather. He left a trail behind him, a faint sparkling in the sky, barely visible in the Sun's light. The zephyr was intrigued, for he had never seen a dragon before. He hovered above the sands, head cocked to one side as he observed the reptilian creature's antics. A small, curious chirp left his beak before he pulled himself away to land easily on his bonded's shoulders, lamenting the fact that he could only stay still in the air for so long.

An image of a hummingbird entered the dove's mind, and then a sense of longing; she wanted to laugh at his desire to be able to fly backward, as the small, jeweled birds of the forest could do. Instead, all he could do was give off sparks. Outwardly, though, all she did was grin at the pale unicorn's companion. "Well, he is welcome to roll in our sands whenever he likes," she responded pleasantly. If the dragon had been born in the sands, then who did that make his bonded? And why didn't the Sultana know her?

The dove had been a part of the Dragon's Throat for some time - longer than most who inhabited the desert land now - and yet she could not recall ever having met the red-tinged beauty before her. Of course, she did not have to wait for long, for the newcomer readily offered her own titles. The number of residences surprised the fae, as did the fact that her name sounded somewhat familiar. She masked a frown by craning her neck as though to nip at a fly on her side, concealing her confusion under a lifted wing.

The moment passed quickly, and she regarded the mare with a gentle warmth. "Any follower of the Sun is welcome on these sands," she told Ophelia. "Please, come with me to the oasis, Ophe-" Suddenly, Gaucho's voice played in her mind: Oh-feel-ya. Ophelia! "Oh!" she exclaimed gleefully. "I know you!" Realizing that she probably sounded quite mad, she went on hurriedly: "Gaucho spoke of you. You helped to get his memory back, didn't you?"

"Talk talk talk."
@[Ophelia]

VenomXBaby
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

Tinek's red eyes were as wide as rubies when the pretty bird chirped and landed. The bird had feathers, and this bird was definitely not food. He, or she, was pretty, and he chirped back, stopping his floundering in the sand. Ophelia smiled when the mare said that he was invited to roll whenever he wanted, and she relayed this message to Tinek who shook off the dust and smiled a toothy smile. "He says thank you," she returned, not revealing her own opinion about this place.

Too many memories were here, festering. She had looked up to Kri, once as a great, powerful and fair leader. Kri was different than her father, more willing to be stern, but then she realized that maybe that was not a good thing. When the two twins had stolen her identity, Kri had done nothing, and the young Ophelia had been scared. So, she left. Mauja had apparently been held here for crimes and disappeared into the sea. Too many memories.

The Forsaken watched as the mare invited her as a follower of the sun, which made sense. This was his land. However, she seemed to get a sudden spark of an idea, her stately queen-like demeanor shattering in excitement. Ophelia raised a brow. How did this one know her? Know OF her, perhaps? Did they know that she had been responsible for the Basin invading? That it had been her agreement?

No, much more surprising. Gaucho had told her about what she had done to help. He didn't seem like the type to share bedtime stories, but maybe this was his mate. How.... interesting... Ophelia watched her curiously, two colored eyes wondering how she put up with his attitude, and she wondered even more about the nature of their relationship. Hhmm... The mare nodded.

"I did," she admitted. "We had an unfortunate encounter a while ago, but when I saw him again, he didn't remember which was... interesting." Ophelia shifted her weight, hair billowing around her face. "The God of the Spark or the God of the Sun would have been able to help, but the Sun God showed up."

"You should ask him about where he went and encourage him to not return," she said, her expression turning cold. "His memories of what happened were a violation of individual rights, and they crippled him with his amnesia." Well... she supposed her ability to read minds was revealed now, but she couldn't bring herself to care. Her mother was dead. Her father hated her. The Sun God was tentatively approving after a year...

Sohalia

The dove was excited to have found the mare that she had pondered so heavily over in the time since Gaucho's return. Of course, she had no doubt that he would repay his debts, but she wasn't sure that he understood the depth of his mate's gratitude - that the Transcended would willingly provide to Ophelia anything that she wanted, within reason, may have escaped his notice. Since the angel had been appointed Sultana, she had been so wrapped up in her herd that she had little time to go seeking the WildFire's savior. But here she was, falling right into the dove's lap!

As the red-tinged unicorn spoke, though, her expression of gratitude wavered, something dark falling into her bi-colored eyes. She had not spoken at length with Gaucho about his disappearance, nor about his amnesia - after all, had she not made the decision to allow the past to remain in the past? What use would it be to dredge up old memories now? But something about Ophelia's tone made her wonder - just what was it that Gaucho had been doing? How had he come to lose his memories, and, most of all, why?

"Did he tell you what happened, then?" she asked, swallowing the jealousy that rose like a serpent, uncoiling itself from somewhere deep within her mind to hiss angrily at the beautiful unicorn mare. She shook her head forcefully, as though to send her demons scurrying back to the shadows, where they belonged. Things were different now - Gaucho had come back to her - he had said he loved her - he wouldn't say that lightly, would he? But the doubt circled in her mind nonetheless, whispering not-so-sweet nothings in her metaphorical ears.

"It doesn't matter," she asserted, aiming for breezy but failing, her words falling flat. "He has no intentions of reliving the experience, I can assure you - and whatever your history with him may be, allow me to express my deepest gratitude." The warmth began to creep back into her eyes as she remembered the debt she owed Ophelia, no matter what had happened with Gaucho. "Gaucho is... very important to me, and to our herd. If there is anything we - I - can do for you, all you need do is ask.

"You are welcome to join us in our oasis, if you would like to rest. I'm afraid we may not be the best company at the moment - we're preparing to open the Academy, after all, and it's taking a great deal of work to get everything ready."
Her words fell into a light-hearted ramble, easily sharing their project with a voice that could spread word far and wide. A little advertisement never hurt, right?

"Talk talk talk."
@[Ophelia]

xx

VenomXBaby

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

Was that jealousy? Ophelia felt amusement only because she still found Gaucho to be more than a little dishonorable. Her father had fought wars to protect her right to live as a hybrid, and for Gaucho to just attack her without provocation because of the horn on her head was the ultimate violation of rights. Objectively she understood his outburst, but that did not make the action morally right. Perhaps that was a long way to say that she was not interest. Yes, he was attractive, but a strong body would only give half of a much needed equation.

Still, this dove had found something beautiful in him, and she had no interest in tainting that view. If anyone could remain innocent still in this world, Ophelia would protect them. Unless, of course, she found them a fool - then she would shatter their dreams with the bitter and cruel realities that would eventually rain on them like a thunderstorm of fate. So, she quickly answered her question, tone unchanging. "No, I looked into his mind," she said honestly. "He said that he had no memories, and I wanted to know if they did not exist or if they were clouded."

"A believe a mixture of both. The memories he had were broken, fragmented and flashes, and it is not my place to know or give you that information. Still, you should talk to him." Ophelia was a good heart, even beneath an icy and somewhat weird demeanor. In some ways she was mysterious and enigmatic, keeping her cards close to her chest, and in others, she was overtly explanatory and thorough. That all depends on what would break her heart.

Apparently, he would not tell the woman he was interested in about his past, and she frowned. Did he not think her strong enough, then? Was he a misogynist in addition to being controlled by his emotions? Still, that was not her place to comment, so she kept her gray lips closed, only shrugging her shoulders slightly. Their relationship was not her problem.

Gaucho was obviously important to her, and she found it amusing that the leader was having an affair with this stallion. If anyone wanted to get under Sohalia's skin, force her to abandon her herd and leave them open to invasion, taking Gaucho would be the way. Interesting. Ophelia raised a brow at her final comment. An academy? Knowledge? She desired it above all else - to know. If she could lay beside the God of the Sun, she would ask him questions for hours, wanting to know about the world in the most intimate of ways.

"Do you need help with this Academy?" she asked curiously, strange, dual colored eyes sparkling with an emotion that was neither good nor bad. "While I cannot live here, I would be interested in participating. I believe I have knowledge to disseminate, but I would also be eager to learn..."