the Rift

The Streets of Rome are Burning

Pompeii Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Emperor. Hadn't that been what I'd exactly become? Yes. Yes, yes, yes. The crown orbiting my skull put these words into meaning, and will stamp out the lies and out cries of anyone who dare not see me in all my glory. I am above all else now. Nonbelievers will have to pay for their sins when I come to take rightful throne. I'd come so far, so where's the wine? The slaves? There weren't even stone streets here, and as if I was some sort of fucking peasant working in the farmland outside of the great cities, I'm expected to walk across the bare ground. I am the Emperor. There is no wrong to this thought, but my empire is lacking. Empires are built upon the backs of slaves and lower classes, and the brilliant minds such as myself. This must be hell or some shabby excuse of a domain with short minded sovereignty wherever there was a sign of class.
Disgusting, like brutal, ruthless, uneducated barbarians had taken over the place.
Hmph. Sounds like Germanics.
At that, I can't help but laugh. If there had been friends and families about me, settled well into deep conversation with philosophy spoken highly, I would of wasted no time in adding it to conversation for humour and praise. Chances are, with such high status that I hold, it's not see how I wouldn't be praised. The thought of that alone creeps a steady smile over fire sprayed features and makes this place less of a hell hole.
It's cold. Shivers harass and torment every inch of me without relief, but I refuse to stoop down to the levels of others and become ugly. Thick hairs have already come around and about this time, I'm getting more done with how I'm expected to live. No, this is nothing as of how the Emperor lives. I want my palace, my slaves, my people and friends.
Night birds have began to beg for my attention, asking for my dazzling emerald eyes to grace their presence in the night air. What good would it be if I even did turn an eye to them? Nothing. Only a select few need my grace, and they don't fill in the places that others fit into perfectly. I couldn't even see them in the dark and the woods(which myth and lore have made more frightening now that they're real), so what's even the point?
"Oh, my people! Your Emperor has arrived!"
It's the only sensible way to call forth the masses and set them straight, seeing as I'm not important enough to receive a truly grand welcome as I should. I will give them time, striking a pose, head held high, crown glittering in the moonlight, absolutely prepared for the worshipping masses to flock to my glorious presence for my sole attention.

OOC: Narcissism, anyone? Haha... Open to anyone. She'll get better when I get a better grasp of her.

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
I prowl through the forest, away from the home. I'm hungry, and my eyes are practically glowing with the intensity of my ravenous appetite. I haven't had a good solid meal for quite awhile, perhaps since entering the Basin. It's just about time that I get one. But first, I see there's a lonely equine here in the forest. It's where I entered Helovia - the Threshold. This must be another lost soul. To eat, or welcome? I smirk in the night, and only extremely good eyes could see the moonlight shining on my coat.

Before I approach, she calls out, this hooved female. 'Oh, my people! Your Emperor has arrived!' I chuff under my breath, amusement sparkling in my eyes. Does she know she calls herself a male? So naive. And she thinks herself an empress? Where is her empire? I am certainly not one of her pawns. I step forth from the darkness and expose myself to her gaze. I crouch in front of her and lick my lips as I stare up at her. My stomach rumbles, and I wonder why I should even wait for her to speak. She's not of the Basin, and she's not of the Edge. Why should I save her?

"You are a foolish woman." I growl at her, flashing my fangs. "To think yourself so superior. If you do not agree to follow me to the Basin, I shall eat you." It's as simple that, and I do not care to dally with other words. What point is there in small talk before a meal? Unless, of course, she wants to follow me, in which case I shall have to find myself some other poor soul to eat. I watch her like she's a mouse caught in a snare. My tail twitches back and forth, and I'm ready to spring at any moment.

WC: 311
Tag: @[Bellona] @[Pompeii]

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Bellona
weakness in the flesh, misery in the bones

She is a darting comet, glorious in her broad array of colors and feathers as she creates her own path through the Threshold. It has been so long since she has last been here, but her memories of this place are plentiful. This is where the galloping woman met Gull, after all. Where is that marauder? Have I not invited him back with me by now? Although it is true that she yearns for his presence, she seeks comfort in the grullo's absence for now. As much as I will never admit to you, you confuse me with your words, and frighten me with your advances. How have you managed to get under my skin like this? Why do I feel for you in this way?

The bird's concern for this man -- or rather, her reactions to him -- do not go unnoticed by the fumbling babe upon her back. The spotted cub is sprawled across her shoulders, one leg clamped on either side of the speeding maiden's neck. He shakes his broad head as if to clear it, meaning to get rid of his mother's intimate memories of the silver-tipped stag but instead causing him to lose his balance. A frightened yip escapes from his maw as a result, and he scrambles to reclaim his seat.

Stop that, you're making this uncomfortable! The bird snaps at the boy, lacking the patience to deal with his misfortune. The panicking pup is about to form an emotional retort when his mount suddenly slides to a stop, propelling him forwards and slamming him into a thick wall of hair. Something isn't right.

Blue naves work furiously to take in air, and the boy gasps as he tries to fill his collapsed lungs. Can you smell that, Mictla? The boy tries to convey his exasperation at such a stupid question -- of course he can't smell anything, he can hardly breathe! -- but he doesn't get a chance to form a coherent thought. The Chieftess lurches forwards at a trot, her head held high and ears craned forwards. She can detect some sort of sound up ahead, but she cannot discern what is causing it. A particularly dense group of trees is muffling the noise, and should the maiden wish to discover what lies before her, she will have to go around. This wood is such a nuisance. I'd leave it be if we didn't require more members.

Almost as soon as she has rounded the small copse of trees, a particularly audacious proclamation permeates the air. The chieftess' penetrating stare falls upon the 'Emperor's' rather feminine form, taking note of her almost ashen appearance and slight build. A snort escapes the woman's stunning architecture. This damsel is certainly unimpressive in stature, although her temperament seems to make up for that.

"There are some who would challenge you for that title, girl, and others who would just laugh in your face. I cannot say I will do either." A weary glance turns to the tiger, and the hybrid pins her ears in response to her demands. So this is what I had detected earlier. "Although apparently there are some who will make foolish demands of an Emperor, too." At this the bird turns on the cat, opening her maw and flashing her feathers in the only way she knows how to intimidate someone. The hyena is unsure of how to respond to his mother's aggressive actions, so he decides to remain where he is. The pretty lady has never been one to enjoy others' company.

"talk talk talk"
{I'll get better, I promise ;-; @[Pompeii]}

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!

Pompeii Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Coils of patience are being set to the mercy of flames by now. I've been waiting long enough, and none come have to see me, to bow, to admire and subcome to my glorious presence in all of my grace and beauty. Teeth are steadily beginning to grit at this point. Punishment is going to need to be enforced if this is to continue-
Oh, look the beasts must of escaped the gladiator fights. The exotic creature before me catches my eye like it would any other day. To see them in the wild is nothing but rare, and I can't lie at a time like this, I'm intrigued, and it'd make a hell of a pet if I could only get it belong to me.
Then it talks, and I've lost interest. Rude, as if the beast whose blood is naturally split to bring my friends and I amusement thinks it can control me. Eat me? I think not. Muscle is disgusting and my feminine figure is well kept enough not to bring salvation to a hungry stomach. It's easy to see why they make good to kill now. I can just see this one as a lovely carpet, maybe even a cape. The thought alone has a wicked smile on my face, but like a good leader must do, it's in my subject's best interests to be complimented even if the walking, talking carpet is getting on my nerves and refusing to bow.
"Oh, how exotic!" Am I really saying this? They don't need my pity, my love, nor any passion added to their presence. What's that old saying? It's better to be feared than loved? I need to strike fear soon, but getting a lot of affection and admiration at the free will of subjects sounds nice about this time."You must be a pet of someone of high standing, definitely to try to assert your dominance over myself."
Jupiter save this beast's soul if they don't take my compliment to heart. It's getting cold, and with the chills atop my beautiful body worsening, then that hide of their's will go so far.
More come, and this one. Oh, yes! This one here! I love her instantly. Such beauty, and such-
Is everyone in this quisquilian kingdom sharing the same personality? Someone needs to add literature to their life. Do they even erect buildings and statues here?
She wins me over when she chooses to speak wisely. A laughter, teasing, mocking her but showing that I'll take her places if she stays smart in this fashion, wastes no time in gracing those beautiful audibles of her's. She'd make a good patrician, maybe General who sits back and relaxes in luxury like the rest of us while the poor and useless slaughter themselves senseless on the battle field.
"I am no girl, nor am I an idiot. I am a philosopher made Emperor, exactly as I deserve. Do you not see the crown? What makes me have a high standing as the Gods themselves?" A wave of my head allows my grand crown to be shown before their jealous eyes, which I'm sure are glued exactly to me. Why wouldn't they be? "I am the great Pompeii, descendant of Ayhmi and a male none the less a god. Who might you be, pretty birdy? Do you own the xanthodontous beast here?"
Latin feels so sweet on my lips, and I could get drunk off of it just as easy as I can wine.She'd make a good owner, and possibly I could even let her part ways with the creature so that I might stay warm in the next cold time.

OOC:
Quisquilian: Worthless
Xanthodontous: Yellow toothed
@[Saffron] @[Bellona]

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
My distaste for her is almost tangible. Her arrogance and obvious narcissism are flaws, not virtues, and I immediately regret even engaging in conversation with her. I should have eaten her on the spot. I growl at her as she patronizes me, and... No. Did she just call me a PET?! I let out a full blown hiss, flashing my fangs at her petite form. I don't care if all I get is bones, I will be overjoyed to end her life. But now that I've spoken and engaged her I do not feel like backing down from the offer I've presented, though I'm not sure she would be worth anything to anyone.

I do not get a chance to speak (is she worth speaking to?), because another approaches. I do not recognize her smell. She is neither Basiner, nor of the World's Edge. I think for a moment that I'll reserve judgment on her, but then she speaks, and puts me down as well. I turn spiteful eyes on her, and let judgment fall. The strangely colored woman flashes her feathers at me, and for a second I see so many colors at once that I am intimidated, and I hiss back at her. I realize then that they are just colorful feathers, and the moment of being overwhelmed passes. I would not have minded getting to know her, but her immediate attitude has knocked her down several pegs, and I do not think I care to learn anymore about the strange bird creature.

I look back at the bitch as she introduces herself. Pompeii the Bitch. I pin my ears and my eyes might as well be throwing daggers straight into her chest. "Nobody owns me, you conceited bastard." I spit the words and my tail twitches as my body tenses. Oh how I'd love to deliver her a slow death. I don't bother to address the strange one, nor do I bother to introduce myself. I have no desire to improve my relations with either of them.

WC: 340
Tag: @[Bellona]
I'm sorry, I realize I responded to that sequence of events out of order.

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Bellona
weakness in the flesh, misery in the bones

At the contemptuous lady's remarks on idiocy and philosophy, the bedraggled boy concedes defeat and drops to the ground, unable to regain his perch. The gaudy bird grunts as she readjusts herself, but she is appreciative of his decision nonetheless. Brightly hued feathers flicker in thanks, arching upwards in a full display of their beauty and refusing to settle along her spine again. The lean-legged damsel is too weary of her company to worry about proper presentation, and she has already threatened the striped beast with them already; it is not reasonable to put the brilliant tendrils away now.

In ignorance of his mother's colorful warning, the spotted pup approaches the tigress with caution. His frame is rigid in anticipation, skin tight across his shifting bones; his dark noses leans in as close as he dares to enhance the potency of her foreign odour. Familiar scents of forest and air waft up his nostrils, but a much fainter (and more peculiar) one can be detected beneath the stronger smell of the Threshold. The crispness of it puzzles the boy, for most of the smells that has has come to know are those of the damp foliage at the Falls, or the more atmospheric ones of the floating island.

Returning to the bird for now, he settles down beside her to think it over some. The beauty just rolls her eyes in exasperation. What does smell matter? Either you are of my herd, or you are not; I accept you, or I assault you. What more is there than that? The hyena has to stifle his chuckles to avoid being stomped on, but it isn't as if the Chieftess can hear them; the tiger has started up again, and she finds herself agreeing with her. Who did give this stout woman the right to speak to them with such tones?

As amusing as it is to watch the roan rouse the beast to anger, the observant lady decides that enough is enough. Clearly this newcomer is set on being a dictator, and she will not take that away from her; the herd can always use more members, regardless of their abundant supply of superiority complexes. Not that the Aztec will ever admit to having one such thing herself.

"I see the crown, your highness, but I do not have to accept it." I don't give a fuck who your dad was, or who you thinkyou are. She has to bite her lip at this, and her words come out more slowly as she struggles to remain inviting to the snobby chestnut. "I am from the Falls, great Pompeii, and in this realm we do not succumb to the will of an Emperor. A Czar and a Czarina rule over the lands that I call home, but do not let our lack of a vacancy deter you. I am certain that if it is indeed a realm that you seek, we can find a suitable position of high authority for you." This part is a lie, but the bold woman assures herself that it does not have to be. Should the fiery-hued dame possess the ambition of one seeking power -- to which she certainly has -- then it should not be hard for her to acquire a rank well-fitted of her. All that she has to do now is follow her home.

Of course, it is not just the two mares conversing here. "Should such a ferocious creature desire a home as well, I think we could make use of you." She isn't certain as to how one can use a tiger, but from what the crowned dame has been saying, it sounds like she has an idea.

"talk talk talk"
{Still not getting better ;-; @[Pompeii]}

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!