the Rift

[OPEN] Burning Ring of Fire

Desperado Posts: 30
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Foxy
Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able</style>

Beads of sweat turned the already dark coat a deeper, nearly black hue as I stood by the entrance to the caves in which I had been mostly staying in for the last few seasons or so. Honestly, I wasn't sure how much time had passed, but I did know that I was finally ready to step out into the real world where everyone else had moved too once the wraiths had been destroyed. It was still unknown to me why I had decided to stay in the caves, other than the fact that the solitude was nice and there was plenty of time to gather my thoughts and realize what it was that I wanted to do here in Helovia...since it didn't seem like there were any civil wars going on as there had been in my homeland.
A snort tore through my mealy paper thins as my mind began to wander once more, this time to the few that I had met on my travels through Helovia the first time. Was Ranjiri still alive? Dark harks flicked back as they burrowed into the tangled mess of midnight stained dreads as I wondered what it was that I was going to do here in the world of Helovia this time. Would I return to the Edge and see if they are still in need of a crafter? Or would I go to a different herd and work on something other than glass? I shook my skull ever so slightly as I turned away from the lake of fire to look out over the rest of Helovia where most things were just now beginning to turn the color of flames, the tell tale sign that Orangemoon was here and Frostfall was soon to come. If I didn't decide what it was I wanted to do soon, I would likely be spending the rest of the year in the caves where it was safe from the snow.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 326
OOC;; My apologizes if this sucks, trying to get into his character. I promise it will get bigger as I have something to work with.

HP: 63
Desperado,
why don't you come to your senses,
you've been out riding fences,
for so long now.

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

The usually attentive sprite was rather absent minded as the leaves of Orangemoon scattered about her feet. Her thoughts taken by the various missions she had and the fact that they weren't going very well, in her opinion. She had not claimed the life of the villainous mare that went by the name Confutatis, though Ghost had presumed the order was more of a warning than anything else now. Then there was her duty to become more sociable. Seele had pointedly mentioned that the young Sleuth should get out more, meet many others and even converse with them. This task alone was a difficult one for Ghost, who much preferred her own company rather than that of others. Though she did concede that her Leader had a point and recently the quiet mare had been taking steps to try step out of her shell. What troubled her the most was that she didn't know how well she was doing? For the first time ever she found her brain preoccupied about what her fellow herd mates thought about her, did they even like her, or did they even know her name?! These flashes of self insecurity baffled and worried the normally calm spy, who was trying to come to terms with a change in the way she went about her daily life.

Seele had also vanished, perhaps on a mission, or maybe she had simply up and left. The thought that she might have been captured somewhere had entertained Ghost's mind, but the spy came to the conclusion that if the Czarina really had been kidnapped, then she would have heard news of it by now. In the end, the quiet belle had made her way to the Endless Blue to gaze at the sea and order her thoughts. For now she would respond to Midas and conduct her Sleuth business in a way she saw fit, with that decided, Ghost was making her way home when she came across a figure by the collection of caves.

He was a dark colour, like a rock splashed with sand that had rolled up onto a beach and his hair grew in the most unnatural way as it trailed down his neck to then continue down his spine, like his own personal warm rug. Lastly, on his shoulder, was a strange tan marking that looked like two crossed swords.

Ghost looked about herself to check no one else was around before approaching the dusky equine. His smell was unfamiliar and so was his appearance, she wondered where he had come from, his name, his past and his intentions. She let her overly nosy nature take over from her normally shy tendency and rather quietly approached him from the side. Coming a halt a few paces away and wings neatly tucked into her sides, she uttered some words to grab his attention. "Are you looking for something?" She breathlessly asked, nodding to the horizon in which his gaze had been directed.

@[Desperado]

We're volcanoes in the night
We're rolling like meteorites
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Foxy

I had seen her nearly the same time that her finely sculpted crown twisted enough to see my dark silhouette against the bright, flame kissed lava that rested in a pond behind me. A dark horn pierced through her skull, spiraling upwards into the sky and creating a weapon that was to be reckoned with, for some reason I was never quite fond of the idea of fighting one of the sword-faced creatures. Maybe I was just wiser than I thought and knew that coming into physical contact with one of them would mean my demise, as little as I had going for me it wasn't time for me to die yet that I was sure of. Emerald gems then drifted back ever so slightly to settle upon the masterpiece that grew from her shoulders, the midnight stained wings tainted by feathers of white and red. They were beautiful and pulled away from the inevitable death that would come from her weaponed skull.
I watched, half warily half excited as the slender beauty made her way towards me. There was nowhere to escape with the way that I was positioned and the idea of her coming at me with her finely sharpened weapon nearly caused me to leap backwards into the flaming ocean and spare myself the pain. But I didn't do it, the idea of killing myself because someone was walking towards me was nearly laughable and it just proved that I had been away from civilization for much too long. Rather than turning and sprinting into the boiling ocean I swallowed the lump that was beginning to form in my throat just as she approached and light, chime-like words fell into the silent air.
"Are you looking for something?" Dark stained harks flicked forward as I took in the soft pitches and tones of her voice. It was strange to hear another talk, but at the same time it was amazing and if I were a more emotional creature I likely would have leapt forward to hold the stunning bird in an embrace for breaking the silence that I had surrounded myself with. My broad skull bobbed up and down in a nod as long misused vocal chords began to shake and tremble in efforts to form words. "A-a purpose." I stopped speaking, my normally deep, rich voice had become cracked and worn after sitting on a shelf for so long. It was so forgein even to my own ears that the tri colored beauty before me would surely believe I was some kind of mute, or a retard when in truth I wasn't sure what kind of purpose I was looking for so the two words were more than enough answer for the stranger. "You?"

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Ghost]
Words;; 458
OOC;; Slowly getting better <3 thank you for replying! I'm excited to see where this goes.

Desperado,
for so long now.

She bared his scrutiny calmly with an air of indifference. It was quite usual for Ghost to be looked upon like a some mutant, her muddied blood didn't impress many she had met so far and as far as blessings went she was rather lacking. The spy often wondered if she'd done something terrible in a past life. There were those who marvelled now and then, Ghost understood that notion even less than the former and sometimes preferred the abuse to the gawking. Even so, this one had made no attempt so far as to comment on her looks and the Sleuth presumed she had made it past the initial first meeting inspection as she shuffled her wings into a more comfortable position. A loose white feather fell to the earth, unheard and unseen by its previous owner. The sprite was far more interesting in the hairy boy's words.

Purpose.

Ghost frowned and mulled over it his stuttered words. What kind of purpose could he possibly find by staring over the hills. Perhaps he was one of those spacey folk who liked to try find meaning out of thin air, claiming fate had struck them right in the face to lead them down the right path and to their sparkly destiny. Nonsense. A notion meant for dreamers and Ghost certainly didn't pin herself in that category. She cast a quick glance to the horizon and then back to the sand splashed stallion "did you find it?" She asked curiously of his rather deep answer.

It was her turn next and Ghost thought about it for a moment. She wasn't really looking for anything accept perhaps a bit more interest in her life? A good time? She stifled a laugh and decided that the latter might not be the best answer when in the presence of a strange stallion. He might take it the wrong way. Instead she smiled grimly and replied "information" indeed. Ghost rarely did much travelling apart from in between the Falls and Sky Island.

Swiftly, she returned the attention back onto the male "Are you a nomad, or do you belong somewhere?" She wondered if he'd tell her to mind her own business, he didn't have to say anything after all.

@[Desperado]
ooc; Me too!! :D

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Foxy

I grew dissapointed in myself when the mare's darkened features turned down in a frown while she tried to figure out my words. My words were misused, but I didn't think I had grown that incoherent in my months alone, at least I hoped they hadn't grown that rough. She quickly quelled the thought that I was incoherent though, when she looked away momentarily to look out over the hills that I had been staring blankly at until she captured my attention and pulled me away from mother earth's entrancing gaze. "Did you find it?" The words drifted towards me as the black's finely sculpted skull twisted to look at me once more rather than the world around us. The muscles in my shoulders shifted as they pulled upwards in a shrug and my skull turned side to side, I had yet to find a purpose for being here in these lands but maybe one day I would. One day my reason for staying in Helovia would fall in front of me and all of my questions would be answered, but for now I was as clueless as a foal fresh dropped from between his mother's legs. "No."
I looked away from the mare momentarily, or at least away from her features to look once more at the stunning appendages that grew from her shoulder blades. The weapon that sprouted from her forehead was more of something I feared rather than admired, but the wings she bore were wonderful and added to the exotic beauty she carried. The time I had to gawk at the beautifully feathered appendages didn't last long as soon the mare's sooty lips were moving once more as her voice filled the air like music from a music box. "Information." Emeralds flicked back to the mare's features as I wondered what kind of information she was here for. Before her response would have put me on the defense, but now I knew less than she did. Now I was the outsider standing by watching the events of the world happening around me as I seemed to be a bubble in which the time seemed to stand still. "On what?" I wondered if there was any chance I would be able to assist the tri-colored beauty in finding the information that she needed. It was a far fetched idea, but maybe I had been actually listening when someone was going on and on about something that should have been conversed in a more private setting.
"Are you a nomad, or do you belong somewhere?" My jaw parted ever so slightly as I instinctively went to answer the question when suddenly cracked teeth clacked back together and I thought over my answer a bit more carefully. "I once belonged somewhere, but now I belong nowhere." It seemed the most fitting for my situation as I was still quite lost as to where it was that I was meant to be, or even where it was that I wanted to be. Maybe this black bird, who seeked nothing in life but information, would be able to assist me in realizing where it is that I was to belong. Shifting my weight a bit from my forelimbs to my rear, where it remained I allowed emeralds to lock in on the dark gems that sat carefully in the mare's eye sockets. "Where do you belong bird?" The words that slipped and raced off of my vocal chords were still harsher than I had hoped for, a little rough around the edges but eventually they would return to the normal amount of gruffness. But for now I at least could be thankful the stuttering had ceased.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Ghost]
Words;; 627
OOC;; <3

Desperado,
for so long now.

She laughed at his measly one word answer. What did he expect? That purpose just popped out the horizon?! If only it was that easy then the world would be full of determined creatures and life would become quite boring. Did he know what kind of purpose he was looking for? Or was he merely soul searching? Surely he had reason for staying her; maybe he had talents to pursue or family to look after. Ghost wondered why he didn't just leave if he felt so lost. She thought about her own life goals with a wry smile, for a long time she had just wanted to be better than her own mother, but soon enough she had found that was quite an easy goal to achieve when one’s own dam was rather pathetic. What else? Power, success and notoriety. Yet, all of those things meant she would one day have to step out from her shadows and face the world with no cover to hide in. Her heart desired something she feared, typical. Dark eyes bored into the sand splashed stallion and she thought of how actually they weren’t all that different. In a way, they were both lost on the same path. Perhaps she could offer assistance to this one, if he should wish to find objectives for his purposeless life and step in a new direction.

”Many things” she answered his question first. There were many troubles on the mind of Ghost, but one most pressing. ”My mistress has gone missing and I thought I might find her. I doubt I will though, I haven’t seen her in sometime” the young spy was beginning to guess that Seele had left the land. There were no clues to her whereabouts with no hidden messages or strange happenings. Maybe the world she had lived in quietly had become too much for her to stand. Disappointing really, Ghost had admired the Czarina. ”Perhaps I should forget about her” she purred.

With a sigh and a shrug she let the image of the Necromancer go, with her and Eris missing maybe the Asylum would fall to ruin too. Not that it mattered much anymore, those who were under its care including herself were now mainly beholden to the Hidden Falls or scattered across the land.

Turning her attention back to the muddy male, she curiously wondered where he had previously belonged and why he no longer bound himself to that place. Had he done something wrong? Or had he been bored? Or was it something else… From what she had learnt of him so far it wouldn’t be too far off the scale to guess he may have left to find his purpose. By chance the assistance she had wished to offer him but a few minutes earlier fell neatly into her lap and the sprite nodded once in the northerly direction. ”The Hidden Falls. It’s nestled just under the mountains.” Her gaze switched back to the stallion with a questioning glint ”if ever you want answers to that purpose of yours, you should stop by. I’m sure you have some skills?” He may or may not take her offer up, he may never stop by or he may not have any skill at all, in case of the latter Ghost would recommend he kept on roaming until he found some talent.

They had no use for dead weight.

@[Desperado]
ooc; Sorry for the wait Semper D:

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Let them fire the gun

❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Foxy

A single dark rimmed ear twitched with the mare's laughter, I wondered why it was so amusing that a stranger had not yet found their purpose in these lands called Helovia. It would seem she thought me foolish for the time being, but foolish was the furthest thing from anything that could describe me. I didn't give myself much time to mull over the odd antics of the darkly horned bird before questioning her on what information it was that she was looking for. Maybe the information she was looking for was just as hard as finding a purpose of some kind in the world today.
”Many things. My mistress has gone missing and I thought I might find her. I doubt I will though, I haven’t seen her in sometime” Emeralds shifted, focusing on the mare's obsidian pools as she spoke of some other mare who had been an authority figure in her life. Had this tri colored, feathered beast belonged to someone? Was slavery something that colored her past? I thought not, for the words that slid from her dark lips were colored with admiration and a tinge of worry, there was no happiness there over the disappearance of the mistress. ”Perhaps I should forget about her” I watched as her slender, winged shoulders rose and fell as if pushing off the thoughts of her mistress was that simple. My ears flicked back, pressing against my scalp ever so slightly as my vocal chords began to shake again, finally warming up to the whole idea of speaking.
"Mayhaps she doesn' wanna be found." Thickly accented words rolled off of my tongue like honey while emeralds searched the mare's eyes for any sign of emotion other than what seemed like acceptance. Surely losing someone you looked up to was no easy feat, but I doubted she wanted to talk to a stranger about the pains that she suffered with. ”The Hidden Falls. It’s nestled just under the mountains. If ever you want answers to that purpose of yours, you should stop by. I’m sure you have some skills?" The darkened corner of my mouth turned up into a crooked half-grin when the mare asked if I had any kind of skills that would be useful in a herd type situation.
I had never been one of large social situations, but then, it would be a nice change from spending so much time around the lava and rock walls of the caves where my only conversation was hearing my own voice bouncing off of the walls that seemed to close in on me a little more each day. "I'm handy witha craftin' and Iva dabbled a bit in the fightin' sida things." My long black dreads snapped at my hips while my lips parted to allow an introduction to fall into the humid air around us, she seemed trustworthy enough to give my name, surely she wasn't the kind of bird to bring home a stranger. "Name's Desperado, but I'll answer to anythin but late to dinner." I flashed another half grin to the mare as I fell silent, wondering where the conversation would go from here, or if it would be brought to an end and we would head back to this Hidden Falls place that she lived.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Ghost]
Words;; 558
OOC;; We are gonna pretend he was talking like this the whole time, kay? xD new character struggles <3

Desperado,
for so long now.