the Rift

[OPEN] The Masquerade [Hidden Falls Spy Meeting]

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

Dark, gloomy eyes watched as the wind blowed the green tent, the centre piece of Hidden Falls life on a floating island, silent. Dormant. A part of Ghost appreciated the lack of noise, of clammer, the peaceful air settled over her and embraced her hermit like soul. Yet, the spy knew too well that silence was a great deceiver, it lulled you into thinking you were alone and safe from prying eyes. Yet, were you really? Or did the mind simply not look hard enough to spot the shrouded gazes of those who hid in shadow. Whose lips were deft in the art of lies, persuasion and even seduction as their hushed hooves tip toed closer and closer. It was these enigmatic creatures that the distant minded Sleuth sought, her brothers and sisters who shared her life of duplicity and espionage. Here, outside this tent, she would hold talks and introductions, create a hub of information to be passed between eager ears.

Two days ago Ghost had delivered a message throughout the Falls that there was to be a meeting on the floating island, in case those who preferred to be earth bound would like to attend. It was the same simple call she used now, throwing her lips to the wind she sought the prying eyes, the twitching ears and the quiet approach of hooves. The spy could feel her body getting more excited and nervous, she craved for more juicy secrets, but also the thought of being surrounded by many beating hearts made her apprehensive. Ghost was not one for being centre of attention after all, a skill she lacked and one Seele had ordered her to better.

So, with one long shaky breath, the young Sleuth waited to be joined. "Come. I want to see the faces of those who creep through shadow" she announced on her breathy voice. Wings folded as she halted outside the green tent.

Sneak rank meeting! Please post here if you either hold a sneak rank, would like to become a curiousus or if you are part of the Hidden Falls and have some information that needs sharing. This meeting is mandatory please post here if you wish to retain your sneak rank!

You have until 09/30/14! If you, for any reason, will be on absent during the time and are unable to post, please PM Ghost or skype me (fae.lois)

Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Bellona
Beauty may be skin deep
But cruelty runs clear to the bone.

His shifting heart is in sync to her beating one, matching its rhythm and tempo with as much coordination as a pair of dancers. Lengthy stalks of plumage streak behind them as they dart through the island's leafy sea. Barred legs are swift as they tear up the Earth, parting the lush grasses with every determined stride that they take. Bright wings are pulled in as close they can to dyed ribs, not that the racing maiden is paying much attention to them in her haste. She is too distracted by her urgency to arrange her limbs properly, and the feathered appendages jut out behind her as she runs. What are wings compared to an assault by panicked worms? It is not a question that the bird deems worthy enough to answer.

The dull sound of hoof on grass morphs into the hollow clamber of weapon on soil. White-rimmed nostrils expand in contract with the effort of taking in air, and a dark brow furrows in concentration. The hybrid has only been running for a short while, but she is anxious to report her encounter with Kahlua to someone. It is not every day that one is burrowed into by worms, and the urgency at which they attempted such an act concerns her. Is there something on this island that they should be weary of? Is there something within it?

Unable to respond to her own musings, the bird reverts her attention to the task at hand: finding someone to report to. It is not an objective easily fulfilled, however, and the maiden is starting to question whether they are really the ones she should be looking for. Her leads have been absent for quite some time now, and it's not as if she trusts them enough to address her news with concern; they are too busy satisfying their own desires to consider the ones of their herd. A decisive snort sounds from the laboring peahen. She had expected so much from them but, as always, the only one she can trust is herself. Forget alerting her "leaders"; she'll figure this out for herself.

While his mother has been brooding over her traitorous acts, however, the spotted cub has been observing the scenery. Chocolate eyes take in the dying grass and the wilting blossoms as they speed by, but as soon as he spots the black hybrid he forgets all about the rest of the world. A bark meant to alert the bird ends up annoying her instead, and blue ears snap back against her skull in response. Instead of berating him, though, she actually pays heed to her boy.

Could this be the one in charge of our class, Mictla? The hyena shrugs his shoulders, unsure of how to respond. He knows that she has seen the damsel before, but he has never encountered her. No matter, boy. She'll listen to me regardless. The beauty slows to a trot so that she can catch her breath, approaching the winged unicorn with as much as confidence as if approaching a lifetime friend.

"You," she starts, her voice unnecessarily loud as she struggles to return to a normal breathing pattern. "You lead us, don't you? Not... Us, but the spies?" A blue crown swings back in annoyance. She is taking too long to explain things to her. Just get to the fucking point. "Whatever you are meant to be, yohualli, I have matters to discuss with you." Her tone lowers at this point, trying to force as much urgency in her words as she can to ensure she has the girl's attention.

"I have just come from a meeting with the Edge's Queen, and in the midst of our reunion we were attacked by the Earth's slaves. Worms. They tried to burrow in our flesh, to escape from some unseen enemy, and then suddenly, they were lost. Dead. All of them. Dead." A pink tongue darts out to lick sapphire lips. "What are we to make of nature going against its own unwritten laws? When have the fleshy pink toilers ever tried to dig into you?"

"Talk talk talk."

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I lurked on the edge of this meeting. Watching as the spies arrived from our land, gathering around the mare we knew as Ghost, the head of her class. I remained silent as they mustered, smiling and nodding when appropriate. Desiring only to listen to what the sleuth had to say and take part in the meeting as another set of ears. Where was Seele though? She charged herself with the reasonability of this rank…yet the masked woman remained absent. During the moments of quiet, unmeaningful conversation, I found my gaze drawn toward the rolling hills. Mind sank deeply into personal pondering.

Bellona comes, her colored hide stood out against the natural backdrop of soft emeralds and tans. I watch as those sharp eyes find Ghost through the crowd. Words that follow have my attention spiked and concern tripled much higher than it had been moments before. I stepped forward after Bellona finished speaking, feathers lightly brushing past the bodies that stood quiet, “Did what ye says occur in Edge territory or on this island?” Tone is tight but controlled.

We’d dealt with problems in nature before, the most recent attack was in Hidden Falls in the form of living moss. It had been swiftly dealt with thanks to Fina and the efforts of various clan folk, yar, I’d brushed the event aside as a random occurrence. Magic gone badly perhaps. But now I wondered if that sporadic uprising of flora been a warning of substantial problems to come? Worms.

Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi
Dead men tell no tales.

Apparently there weren't many faces that crept in shadow, either that or their senses needed some fine tuning. Ghost suppressed a sigh as she watched the brightly coloured hybrid appear before her. She had heard of this one, a strange mix of equine and peacock, the one that had the leaves rustling her name. Her hooves carried her with an air of confidence and the Sleuth watched, expression unchanging as she fell to a halt. There was a bluntness to her words, the kind that the spy thought would most likely piss off many, but Ghost remained with the same frozen face and bored her eyes into the elaborate features of the fancy Bellona. As Seele had called her that day.

She shuffled her coloured wings whilst a small, eerie like smile crept onto her face to charm her small audience. "Am I?" Her eyes glinted and she pondered whether to remind the pretty peacock what the word "respect" meant. However, she deduced this one probably wouldn't care too much and instead she brushed it off with playful words. "How lovely."

The Sleuth left it at that, more interested in what the mare had to give her in information than the tedious formalities. Bellona goes on to describe a strange gruesome event of worms digging into flesh and then finally dying. This even made the brows of Ghost furrow in confusion, it wasn't the thing you hear every day after all and many concerns flittered into her mind, but the Czar spoke first.

Midas emerged and Ghost offered him a brief nod, more absorbed into the matter at hand than anything else. An infestation of worms was not a very appealing situation and the collared man was soon on with his questions. The Sleuth waited for a moment of silence to voice her own concerns and put questions to the brightly coloured mare. "Did you see a conjurer? No other strange being that might have something to do with this? Nothing else that seemed weird, other than the obvious, out the corner of your eye?" She asked intently, knowing too well that Helovia was full of animals with strange kinds of magic.

Finally she turned to Midas, "perhaps this is something we should make the herd aware of. I wouldn't want us all to drop dead from worms. How unfortunate it would be." It wasn't a solution, but awareness was always better than nothing.

@[Bellona]
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Bellona Posts: 111
Hidden Account
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0hh :: 7 years old Buff: NOVICE
Mictla :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow Nyte
Bellona
Beauty may be skin deep
But cruelty runs clear to the bone.

Delicate lips press closed at the last of her words, giving the dark mare a chance to break the eerie silence that the bird has brought on with her news. Her greeting before that was not kind, that is true, but she admires the horned wreath's inability at taking offence. The colorful maiden may not enjoy having to report to her, but at least they can get along just fine. If the glistening beauty can get her way, too, she will no longer be required to turn to her "superiors" for guidance, anyway.

Tell me, Mictla what is a land full of warriors worth if there is no one to lead them? The boy, who is mulling over the significance of their terrified attackers, gives no reply, not that he is capable of doing so anyway. The bird ignores the fact that she can sense his lack of interest in her, choosing to regard his silence as ignorance instead. It is nothing but missed opportunities, and great beings laid to waste. I will not let our supporters sit idle any longer, though; I will claim the throne that has been left for me in the gold- and red's absences, and I will rule as I was meant to before my temple burned.

If there will be no one else to care for the Falls as she has, then the Aztec certainly deserves this position. Her heart races at the faintest thought of it, but she will not let her excitement overcome her. Instead of alerting the ever-watchful Sleuth of her traitorous goals, the clever vixen makes use of the skills she has acquired since joining the raven's rank. Yet even with these skills carefully applied, the Chieftess cannot completely veil the wicked grin that insists on forming. All she can do about it is hope that it comes off as a grimace more than an act of deceit.

Luckily -- or perhaps not so luckily -- the glittering brute's entrance is more than enough to aid her in her treachery. The wall that had been placed in the effort of concealing her emotions gives way under the incredible weight of her shock, even going so far as to make the Aztec's maw drop open. Moments pass before she is able to even comprehend his being here, but it is not until he speaks that she has regained the ability to think. What in itzcoatl's name are you doing here? Why did you not stay where you were?

As much as she yearns to send him sprawling back into the abyss from whence he came, the lady has at least a small shred of dignity left over from her initial shock; she will not undermine this man while he still has some form of power. Short ears drift back to convey some of her annoyance, though they do not remain there to emit her defiance. A day will come when I will not be obligated to submit to you, but today is not that day.

"On this island." Her response is brief (yet somewhat curt), and she does not allow her stare to linger on his painted form. She has seen enough of this man in meetings and confrontations; she does not wish to see him now. Redirecting her gaze to the other pegasus with all the questions, the maiden replies to her in a tone much more generous in warmth. "There were only worms, I assure you. A strange wind did clear the meadow of their bodies, and now that I think back on it, the grass did rot before they came, but other than that there was nothing else."

The hybrid's feathery cape twitches at the mention of alerting the herd, and although she can agree that that is a necessary step to take, she can't help but feel bitter about it. She condones to the mare's (rather half-hearted) suggestion regardless. "It would be very unfortunate, yes. Let's waste no time in delivering this news." The beauty turns to her Czar, almost forgetting that she is loathing him for something. "At your word, Midas, I think we should go."

"Talk talk talk."

{Nothing against you ladies! She's just getting ambitious! @[Midas]}

Thank you Vossity <3
Please tag me each post!
Permission granted for physical harassment!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Bellona confirmed the location. My frown deepened and gaze shifted away from the two ladies toward the distant hills with a fresh wave of wariness. The manner at which these worms emerged via the description that my tropical sleuth gave – it reminded me of a sickness we’d fought not more than a few seasons ago. A disease that’d turned brother upon brother and mother upon child. I wondered if this island had contracted such illness from the distant lands below; and if in some way we were at fault for this sudden out lash of nature.

Perhaps our bodies harbored the disease and we’d thus carried it over.

The pair of them continued to speak, I listened quietly with one ear notched toward the conversation and the other prying toward skull. “Aye,” I replied when asked if the herd should be made aware. Our family deserved to know this information and perhaps the other herds as well, “This land is strange, it has always been so,” gaze drifted back, golden and hard, “I can’t help but wonder if this has something to do with the sickness we overcame – perhaps it still lurks in the earth…” Then again, it might also be a rouge magic user – teasing and playing pranks. “Then there are those who possess the ability to shield themselves from the eyes mortals and summon all manner of creatures to cause harm.” The folly of magic and our own downfall.

“Regardless, Bellona, Ghost. I’d see our allies also well informed. Ghost, travel with all speed to Dragon’s Throat and inform our kinsman of this occurrence. Bellona,” tone softened, “I’d have ye warn the herd. Announce it here and at home.”
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]