the Rift

Lady Moon so High

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Flashes of red, orange, and dying yellow flail about the sky until at last the sun sinks below the horizon. At last the world can breath easier. A cold sigh of night rolls through even the southern grounds of this world. Muted purples and blues blanket the world and snug it in tightly. All is dark and calm, but for the moving golden son. A moving ghost of the sun himself, the golden picks a quick two beat across the land bridge connecting Helovia to the volcanic isle. This was no lazy stroll though, with a fast paced beat he covers ground with a vigorous need. The moon would be rising soon, and he would not miss this chance. He could not miss this chance.

It had been so frustrating, and irritating that day in the presence of the God of Earth. So many knew his looks immediately. So many looked on him with recognition. And yet, so many knew different lies. What if one day they spoke of that golden son, and discovered the golden’s truer form. One closer to deception, and lies than he preferred anyone know. It was not a risk the gold enjoyed feeling, and so he had thought for days now, how to overcome this effect. The result was this journey to see the Goddess of the Moon herself.

Four crumbling shadows right up on the mountain side, but the golden does not go to them. No, for this the gold needed to be closer to the Gods. One cloven hoof then stepped gingerly on the clouds. Eyes still suspicious of them, but trusting enough to let it carry him without further concern. Looking up the gold marveled once more at the isle in the sky. It was a land filled with the peaceful caresses of cherry blossoms, who even now still clung to some of their blooms. The land needed it. The since of terror and fear infiltrated the gold’s mind in remembering the stampede of animals in the Basin. A vague thought wondered if it had been due with something, or rather someone, immortal. Those were thoughts for later though.

Stepping off his cloud transport the golden once again steps up to a graceful sweeping two beat. Moving body knew exactly where he was headed. The answer to his dilemma had given the golden such a wondrous smile, that it still persisted on his lips. Not only would it conceal him, but it could open the doors to more trouble than anyone ever imagined one horse could cause. Simply because, he would be more than one. A playful toss throws his twin horned head into the air, as at last he come to his destination.

It had been a while since the golden had been to this place. That warm night in summer filled with song, and delight. His had been more separate, here, in the peace of a small stream, besides a cherry blossom tree. A whole season ago the same golden man had come to this spot and laid before the eclipsed moon a song of her. Now, he hoped, the place would remind her of the good favor. Of all the Gods, she was most aligned with him, so it why he waited unsettled like for the moon to rise above the horizon of the isle. It was a small light, then the moon rose large and full, climbing in the sky. The shifting of the gold settled. Excitement tingled his spine. Would that dark Goddess answer? Time to find out.

“Oh Goddess of the Moon so high,
Now showing your pale moonlight.
Keeper of the shadows and of the dark,
Ruler of those with dark hearts.
Oh Goddess of the Moon so high,
I am the golden man so sly.
Your dark and mysterious ways I do keep,
Darkness does not mean a time for sleep.
So now I come before your light,
To seek your company tonight,
That I might find what I seek,
To have some of your ways and your name keep.
For you are the Goddess of the Moon so high,
This I shall not deny.”

The golden son now finished did smile to moon rising high. Waiting to hear if she would answer his small rhyme, remembering the kindnesses not long done, and hoping she’d see how alike are she and he.

OOC :: EEEK! So excited! I am turning in my VOTG pass for a quest from the Goddess of the Moon for the following magic:
::[Magic: Dark |Can mimic another character’s appearance and voice exactly]
::[Restrictions | Can only remember three identities at a time. Lasts two posts in battle.]
Feel free to add the restriction of needing to touch the character in order to 'capture' their identity. I meant to add this originally but forgot. So the Goddess can add it if she'd like to screw with him more. xD
WISHLIST
@[Random Event]
"speech"

Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

God of the Moon Posts: 236
Helovian Ancient
Mare :: Hybrid :: 15.2hh :: Ageless
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
The coming of night was forever a joyful moment for the Lady of the Night. Her violet pelt blended perfectly with the blooming blues and indigos and purples in the wake of the setting Sun. Many of Helovia's inhabitants were under the impression that they could not live without her brother's favor; but what they failed to understand was that they could only live without the taste of her wrath. In her opinion, they would do well to remember that, and to offer her to appropriate levels of respect and awe.

In any case, her attention was drawn that night by a small, golden figure beneath a cherry tree, reciting a poem as she rose into the darkened sky. She might have ignored him but for his words - after all, she was quite easily taken in by a handsome stallion offering such devotion to her.

And so she left her lunar body and fell to earth in her winged, horned form. Her appearance was heralded by a slow, creeping fog, gently glowing silver in the moonlight. A gusty wind pushed and pulled against it, swirling the mist around Thranduil's cloven hooves and along his cannon bones; from there, it fell again to the ground, a continual caress. When she landed before him, a splendid display of cruel beauty, the fog left its assault of the stallion in favor of its mistress.

"Thranduil," she cooed with a cryptic smile. "What an absolutely lovely poem you have for me." It was a bit thick, perhaps, but she was in a particularly good mood (which was quite odd, for her), and the steed before her was bound to reap the benefits of her uncommonly good cheer.

speech
Image Credit

Moments pass. Tassled tail quietly flicks from hind to hind, waiting. The golden felt himself lean forward towards that moon so full. So intent is he on seeing her come, he does not noticed at first her hearlds of fog. A cool damp touch brushes his lower leg. Stomping the gold, reprimands his nerves for their assuredly, mistake. Another damp caress comes on his other leg. Pinning his harks back at this distraction the gold looks down to find a blanket of white where rich earth had been. A smile grows back on those golden lips. This was more than a natural fog. Quickly the gold looks back and sure enough, sweeping down in the night, a dark colored Goddess descends.

Twin horns dip low to the Goddess as the fog moves to recognize its master. Earth eyes, even in this low light, and considering her dark coat find the Goddess, well, hot. Sultry, refined, and sinister. A shiver runs down the golden’s spine and he can’t help but shift his hinds. Still, it is hard to believe it was so simple to call a God to you here in this world, especially one such as her. His success floods his face with flashing gold in his eyes, and a smile which grew more and more wicked.

Oh the Goddess calls his name and the golden can not help feeling it like a purr upon his soul. She then compliments him on his words, though the gold noted with a slur of words. It mattered little to him, he was after something much bigger than praise for his crafted riddles. Still, of all the times for the golden to be brash, now was not the time, so best put his best foot forward and the other on his ego. “A pleasure, dear Goddess.” His voice matches the sly slip of her’s. A golden limb steps forward though, bold perhaps but he had a point to make. “I admit though, I called you not just to praise.” Spanish neck curls ever so slightly and twin crowned head tilts slightly. No he was not trying to woo her, what the hell would a Goddess want to do with him, but still, he need her charm, so he might as well give her some as well. What he was to ask, was no small matter. “I keep your dark ways my lady, but unfortunately, I am a rarely forgotten face.” Let’s be honest, the golden man didn’t have to try hard to make an impression. “Can you help me Goddess of the Moon, to hide myself behind another’s disguise and voice?” Another step closer, and a dipped head ends his request. Chest pounded and body stands on edge, and the golden is nearly maniacal in anticipation of her answer.

OOC :: EEEK! So excited! I am turning in my VOTG pass for a quest from the Goddess of the Moon for the following magic:
::[Restrictions | Can only remember three identities at a time. Lasts two posts in battle.]
Feel free to add the restriction of needing to touch the character in order to 'capture' their identity. I meant to add this originally but forgot. So the Goddess can add it if she'd like to screw with him more. xD
WISHLIST
@[Random Event]
"speech"

Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

A violent interruption occurred, metal jutting from the ground like trees. The happenstance caused a rumbling in the earth, keeping the goddess from speaking to the stallion like she normally would have. Metal, beautiful and untempered, glinted in the light, wanting to be used, desiring to be made. Pieces tumbled to the ground from the height of the metal trees, laying between the goddess and the stallion.

If there was ever a hint from the universe, this was, perhaps, the most obvious. Even the gods, it seemed, could be surprised.

regularjane | Quote: Thomas Moore

Helovian Ancient
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky

The goddess listened to the stallion's request, aware that he was not selfless enough to only offer praise in return for his summoning. The mortals were rarely ever so selfless, but she did not mind too much - as long as they were still polite. And this was was incredibly polite and very handsome. So, she felt no issues granting his request with a polite nature of her own. She did not have to snap and summon the blackness around her to scare this creature into humility; he seemed to understand that she was rightfully superior.

Just as she was about to answer, metal trees snapped from the ground, erupting fully and dangling chunks like coconuts. One of her slender, feminine brows raised, and she watched the pieces fall to the ground before then, demanding to be used. The mare snorted in amusement, silver, hollow eyes looking up at her golden, male prize with interest. So, it seemed as if the very forces of natures desired he get something made of this ore.

"I will help you with what you ask, but from this metal, I am tempted to make you armor." She hummed thoughtfully, lifting the pieces with her mind and forming it like violent car wreck. The metal punched and creaked as it formed, and she set it along his body in elegant forms, riveting it together with screams of protest from the earthen elements.

"Hhhhmmm... attractive, but cumbersome. I will fix that momentarily. In order for me to do what you ask, you need to capture the essence of three others in these amulets I will grant to you. Any magic will do, but you must bring them back to me with the magic inside."

[[Congratulations!
A random event has awarded you your armor! Since Midas' armor already collapses into a collar, you need to choose another item for it to collapse into before this thread is complete. Maybe a crown?

Also, Thranduil has been given 3 moon amulets added to his records that he must fill with magic and return to the moon goddess. Any type of magic will do. Keep in mind that this completes the maximum of 5 amulets he can carry at one time.]]

Image Credit

The Goddess seems to purr as well. Her body carried in utter superiority of course, but she was bending to his ways. Her eyes looks down to him with a parental touch, a “oh you low mortal” but with a hint of “keep talking”. The golden son’s pride was caressed by success. True she had yet to grant his request or even speak on it, but she hadn’t turned on him either. It had been a small worry that once she realized praise was not the main goal of the evening she would turn tail. Or worse. The golden had little idea what powers the Gods were capable of, but it was highly unlikely the Goddess of darkness had very happy punishments. All was so well, the peace of the evening, the certainty of success, yes, all so very well.

But that’s not how it’s done here in Helovia. The ground began to rumble under the gold’s cloven hooves. Smooth and sweet face breaks, not again. Three times already the world had turned upside down due to surprises, now was not the time, not when he was so close. But could that be why…Harks pin and look to the Goddess who, while calm (those who are invincible usually are) grows concerned. This was not her doing. Twin horned head turns to the cracks in the ground, then the earth releases. Jabs, and blades of metal rupture from the earth in a dramatic displays of steel. The golden son rears, Spanish neck curled, cloven hooves kicking back. Then all is still, the gold returns to the earth eyeing the metal, tree was it?, uneasily. Then like drops of the rain, pieces of the tree began to tumble off, rolling slightly. With timid but steady move the golden’s head lowers, and comes to investigate the closest piece. Cold hard metal tickles his sense. Always thinking of using his surroundings Thranduil pauses. That golden son cocked his head and looked to the Goddess, was she thinking what he was?

The golden knew the two of them thought along the same lines. As she speaks the gold raises his proud leafen starred head. He can not hide the rush of a smile coming back to his lips as she grants his request and proves the two are more alike than he could have ever hoped for. Pieces of the metal began to vibrate then lift. The gold pulls back, but steels himself. Cold metal touches his warm golden coat, causing the gold to jump. Feeling it meld to him though, true it protests the rough bending and melding, but oh there was soothing, empowering touch to the metal as it began to come together. A shiver runs down his dorsal stripped back, as he embraces the cold movements, then at last it is done.

Earth eyes open sharply and dance with gold as he looks back to his now armored self. A collar and two shields on his hip are the largest crafts, and body shifts getting used to its weight. Covering the rest of his back and neck lay large triangles of woven metal. They were thinner and more flexible than the collar and shields. White mane pours forth from a then opening on his nape and the gold shakes it slightly with a little more than delight. As its crowning piece the head armor is a shield on the plane of that golden face, growing up to encase his horns with additional blades. Stepping forward with this new weight the gold does find it heavy, but also finds four leg guards as well, tied to all four limbs. As an artistic touch it seemed the Goddess desired to remind the gold where the armor had come from. Trinkets dangled from various places with a circled white stone on top of black, like the moon herself. With a wide wild, smile the gold looks up to the Goddess as she continues to speak.

Three amulets. They come and embed themselves inside four slots on the collar. One still left open. The golden nods to the Goddess’s instructions, nothing hiding the wild grin. “Thank you dear Goddess, for gift and quest.” The gold shakes his body once more settling the weight of the armor more. It was not impossible to carry, as most of it was made of the thinner metal, but certainly was not something he could carry around all day. Taking a step or two about the gold looks to the Goddess, a snake to its master’s tune. “Perhaps a little circlet would do?” The suggestion came with him lifting his head proudly of the armor he now carried. A chuckle is resisted as he thinks of those who would find their blood spilled upon that metal sheeting. For once it seemed doom was not knocking at his door, instead promises of power and strength shot like the sun rising above the horizon. The golden sun.

OOC :: For Reference of Armor =D
Also, so it can be any magic at all of any base (ei-sun, earth, ect)
I am turning in my VOTG pass for a quest from the Goddess of the Moon for the following magic:
WISHLIST
@[Random Event]
"speech"

Helovian Ancient
Admin
God of the Moon
lady diamond in the sky
A smile glittered in the dark of the goddess' lips as she watched the stallion wiggle beneath his metal casing. As though on a linear thought pattern, she too appraised the dangerous curves, beautiful, but deadly as they shone under her stare. Blood would indeed be spilled upon its fine sheen. She expected he would be wise enough to open up enemies that belonged to them both.

"Yes, a crown would be suiting for you," her words were velvet in their praise, slipping out soft and low. Uncharacteristically honest, she meant what she said. Thranduil was a stallion after her own heart, her opinion only heightened by his natural affinity of bending to her.

Her tail flicked, and the movement seemed to inspire the metal to do the same. It shuddered around the golden flesh of the unicorn mortal, beginning as a gentle tremble, like a newly born babe on fresh legs, but quickly increased until it rattled violently, the metal trees shaking in a storm. Finally its shape yielded with a burst of stardust, all at once collapsing in on itself. The sound was unbearable as metal ground against itself, sterling blood that never fell.

The Moon Goddess was unperturbed as she worked, even stepping back to appraise her work when she was finished. The abrupt silence and stillness may have been unnerving for some, but she thrived in the echo of torment. The metal had finally yielded, and in that moment she had twisted it into branches against his poll. It reached beneath his mane, snug and secure. In the very center a drop of opal pressed lightly upon his 'brow, just beneath his horns. It looked like a dew drop of the moon, her eyes - a reminder that she watched him.

"Simply think on it, and it will return in full form to your flesh." Her wings gently began to unfurl from her sides, stars twinkling in the primaries, galazies swirling among the secondaries. "Return to me when you've completed our arrangement." With that, she blew away with the wind, stardust scattering at his feet before the next breeze took it away.

Image Credit

Her smile looks down upon him and the golden can stop a returning one. What a pair these two make, each keeping their pride, but letting it bask and glow in the light of the other. That dark goddess flashes him another compliment and the gold can’t help but toss her a quick wink before the metal begins to move. The violence of the action was unexpected, and for a moment those gold harks pin back at the collapsing metal, but only for a moment. Then all was done. The golden steps now to the stream beside him and looks down upon its natural mirror. Though rippled, through the moon’s light he sees the circlet now twisting about his head. A smug grin rises as he turns his head to look at it. The white stone at the center is a reminder, so the golden withdraws and looks up to her.

She speaks gently the instructions and the gold nods his proud twin horns. Wings open signaling the end of this meeting. Stepping back a few paces he gives the goddess her space. Smiling at her last instructions he adds as she flies away, “Looking forward to it.” Earth eyes follow her till she is gone, before he lets out a long deep sigh. Success! With a smile and a feeling of the circlet atop his head, it was more than a success. For the rest of the night the gold practices with his armor, not wanting to be caught unprepared. It first was unruly to his call, but reaching back to his native tongue where his mind held the strongest pull, the words Anduial, to open, and Daro, to close, seem to make the armor obey much faster. As he grew accustomed to its fit he thought longer on the amulets that rested on his new found toy’s collar. Pondering on who to seek the gold reaches back into his memories. He would give each amulet a story, and each with a powerful magic. There would be no small flurries of pixie dust in these. With resolution the gold lays down with his new prize under the cherry blossom tree and once again rests. Tomorrow he would rise and begin his tasks.

OOC ::Didn't tag, as did not need a reply. ;]
"speech"