[OPEN] under a midnight blanket; [ Festival Prep ]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I L L Y N X
take a look in the mirror - see the truth in your face

The day has come.

The Lady canters across Helovia, long strides stretching to carry her towards the floating isle and the clouds that will carry her upwards. Her mouth is full of herbal foods for the party she plans to host and one of Ulrik’s cloth bags hangs across her shoulders, plum full of the glowing mushrooms, occasionally trailing a sparkling tendril or two as she makes a particularly bouncy transition across the land.

Kyst, never far, is above her, wings stretched to carry her at a leisurely pace in the air, her talons clutching another bag containing more mushrooms – the most plentiful of their stores, to be sure, and she cannot help but wonder if the collection was a bit overkill on all their behalves, but surely the tent above will be lit well and a large portion of grass highlighted in the darkness to allow dancing and merriment without the risk of breaking one’s ankle.

Her lip protrudes as she thinks of her dance, the one that cannot happen now. She has thought ahead and has a separate act prepared for their Lord of Time, and while not getting to dance with her beloved son was a blow to the heart she was not sure how to deal with, she was prepared to carry on – as all good women were.

Before long, the grass and sand turns into stone, and then clouds, and soon they are up top and among the four tents of the herds. Without much delay, the Lady drops the food stuffs inside the tent and then plops her two bags of mushrooms down, quickly working in the afternoon to prepare the area before sun fall.

Occasionally, someone from the herd arrives, and she smiles boldly before continuing to place the mushrooms in even (symmetrical, now) piles of four mushrooms, counting her paces between each stack to ensure it is even and to the God’s specifications.

After about an hour, each are in place, and even in the daylight, an ethereal glow spreads across the open region between the four tents, the blue fabric of their own highlighted magnificently and, she can only imagine, breathtaking in the darkness.

With a last look, she enters into the tent to arrange the berries into neat piles, stripping the red beads from the branches and laying them out on smooth stones she had drug into place earlier that week. While she had initially intended it to be a herd matter, the festival had become a rather personal affair that she had tended to with a watchful eye and careful planning, and where the mare would normally be bitter that she had been saddled with so many tasks, she found the work enjoyable.

Soft humming exudes from the tent as she busies herself preparing for the masses she hopes will come to honor her Lord of Shock as Kyst leaves the isle once more with bags in tow to bring up more of the food supplies.

[ OOC: This thread is for Basin members to set up their stands and anything else for the party. Please include in your OOC description what your character has made/done for the party for quick reference by our guests. I will be working on an aerial view map today to add in each thing where you guys have set it up. :3

Illynx has created a large circle of glowing mushrooms for a dance floor, and has also lighted the tent and laid out food stuffs on large, flat stones (clover, wyvern's breath berries, blackberries, and raspberries) along the inside edges of the tent. ]

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Spellbound and consumed, merriment brewed and coiled, a constant singsong rhapsody of exuberance and wholesome regard. Suited to its core was Lena, flowing amongst the tirades, the sweeping turns, the rounded edges of clouds and shimmering lacquer of Gods’ hand-spun sculptures, winding away along the midst and mist. She pulsed, she pervaded, and she surrounded the inner contortions of her lithe soul with the wondrous incantations of bliss, of happiness, of wild, untamed, inescapable delight. Cloaked in wreaths and flowers, veiled and shrouded in benediction, she and her ivory companion carried their finer wares, coveted, collected, and gathered from Thistle Meadows and blankets of clover, glowing vegetation once destined for a time-wielders’ cave, now locked into the finesse of fog and ambience. Not far down the lane was Illynx, and though unfamiliar with the layout, the nimble Mender knew she’d be fine traversing amongst the GildedBlade’s footsteps – following the wayward path of peace and repose to the sectors and sanctions of a closer encounter with divinity and deities. With a warm, hearty gesture, the nymph’s strides quickened, swift, churning threads of reverie and rapture, shifting towards the other portions of illuminated plant life, dropping off her bunch in the little circle. Nimbly, daintily, she lowered her maw, Imogen following suit, and ensnared each with her teeth, placing them neatly around the enfolding ring, smiling at the luminescent circlet when it was completed. The length of her grin grew tremendously as she swung her cranium towards their gilded Empress, elated beyond the measures of beatific grace and portended soirees. “Is there anything else that needs to be done, Lady Illynx?” Eager and ready to painstakingly carve deliverance into each and every bow, each and every brow, she offered her steady hand, her selfless heart, and her capable effervescence, swarmed with anticipation and charm.

[Lena has added her gathered glowing mushrooms to the circle. ^__^]
Lena

Grimmrot Posts: 11
Aurora Basin Apprentice
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 3 {Ages in Tallsun} Buff: NOVICE
Nyte
Grimmrot

Sleek legs stand tall amidst the clouds, acting as remarkably sturdy pillars to support my quivering body. My ears twist back and forth in uncertainty as I am whisked away in pursuit of the levitating rock, and I hold my breath with anticipation. I do not know what to expect once I am placed gently on the ground, my hooves grasping for a firm purchase on the sweet grasses that thrive here. I am so unused to the height that it takes me a moment to reacquaint myself with walking, and even longer to remember how to breathe. My lungs are burning by the time I am able to take in my first breath of this air, and my eyes roll from the rush of aromas that overload my senses. Everything upon this haven is luxurious; a trader's dream, if I dare say so. And oh Gods, I do.

"It's magnificent. How has no one started charging for trips to this place yet?" My muttered musings are not meant for eavesdropping ears, but it isn't as if I care about who hears them. The thoughts are my own, and if any have something to say about that, I dare them to let me hear it. My surprise at discovering the scarcity of my folk (the traders, that is, not the gypsies; we've always been quite rare) has not stayed with me for quite as long as I thought it might, although it truly means good news. If I am to be the only one who appreciate the value of worth and trade, so be it. It only means there will be more in it for me!

My elation at this realization is interrupted by the excited calls coming to me from the isle's centre and, as any experienced gypsy knows, wherever there is a bustling city, there is a pretty penny. Not that I have much to trade right now; at least there will be plenty of opportunities to pickpocket.

Forcing my stiff pillars into action, I come into the noisy centre at a trot. Flapping tents lie at the end of four streets, and vacant stalls line up along these roads. My heart flutters at the sight of them all, and my brain threatens to explode from all the possibilities. If it were up to me I'd demand that everyone fall under a certain trade and house their goods up here, although for now, it seems there is only me. My onyx crown turns to study a distant, glinting booth, however, but all I can do for now is shrug my shoulders and carry on. Upon arriving here I noticed yet another distant figure, one that reminded me of the good Lady Illynx, and should I stand here and gawk any longer I will never know for sure if it was her.

Continuing upon the path that I've set to the gaping blue tent before me, I realize that I had indeed been correct. Golden orbs settle on the horned woman's armored figure, instinctively analysing the ornate iron and labelling it with a mental price tag. One might think that evaluating the goods of my ruler is a treasonous thought, but I see it only as business.

With a toss of my weapon I jog towards her, meaning to ask her what the meaning of this place is and if I have gone to heaven, but stopping to study her instead. Her mouth is full of unnatural light, it seems, and my eyes widen to a considerable size when I recognize the plant emitting it. Mushrooms? When on Earth did mushrooms start doing that? My jaw drops a few more inches when I crane my neck to see another mare carrying the things, setting them down at specific intervals as if to make a fence out of the radioactive fungus. I am so in shock by this arrangement of flora that I do not bother with pleasantries when I finally address the ladies.

"What in Heaven's name are these things?!" I approach one wearily, reaching out to knock it over with my hoof before recoiling away from it. It rolls gently along the pebbled ground as if it were just another mushroom, but I remain firm in my distrust of these things. Amongst my concern for this oddity is also my sudden realization that I am here for a reason, and I hastily add to my initial question, "You asked me to set up a booth, did you not? Where can I acquire bones for throwing, and a sphere for seeing? Even some water in a dug-out basin will do." I cast a weary glance towards the radiant fungi, making sure they have not sprouted wings, too. Can one sell such incredible things? Would eating one may one glow?

"talk talk talk"

Just watch my fire continue to burn
Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Image| Code by Tamme

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I L L Y N X
take a look in the mirror - see the truth in your face

They follow her up, as expected. Among the forms that bob in and out of the cave with supplies are two who draw attention to themselves, the rest simply carrying on with their tasks without too many inquiries. The first, ever helpful Lena, receives a smile and a sly wink in exchange for her assistance and present drive to be helpful wherever she may.

"Have fun!" she cheerfully says before turning back to her work of arranging piles and tidying the stacks of mushrooms.

After a while, the figure of her newest crafter appears, surprise writ on her face as she exclaims about the glowing mushrooms. It earns a laugh that is quickly stifled as one of the mushrooms rolls out of alignment – becoming a scoff of business as she hurries over to realign it with its brethren.

"Glowing mushrooms from the caverns," she says simply, a faint smile tracing her now partially glowing lips (and surely Grimmrot’s hoof glows slightly with the dust of the fungi, though she does not look), "they’re quite safe, even if eaten – so long as you think acting like a hallucinating moron is safe." The last is spoken with a cheekiness and the faintest of giggles, her spirits still high despite the business of the day and the foreboding events that she had witnessed below, the God’s warning words.

Her next set of questions was expected – the Lady smiles genially and points over to a corner with her horn. "You’ll find a carved stone basin there, with the bones resting inside," she says with a cordial nod, tossing her dark hair misplaced by the gesture out of golden and twinkling eyes, "there is a stream not but a few jaunts to the east of the tents."

Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

d'Artagnan the Nightshade Posts: 364
Aurora Basin General atk: 6 | def: 9 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 12 HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Aramis :: Common Hellhound :: Hellfire & Superspeed imi
d'Artagnan stared at the tent with a look of disgust and chuntered under his breath as he made his way in. Festivals were not his forte to say the least. Still, the Nightshade would 'celebrate' in his own manner and his bag that was filled to bursting with interesting plants would help him in his festivities. As he entered he noticed Illynx, Lena and another mare who he did not recognise. The shade rolled his eyes at the small gathering of women and silently picked a spot to set up, sending Aramis away to collect some rock. The Time Mender was not known for his artistic ability and as long as he had some place to dump the plants, all was well in the mad mans world. If Kou was here he highly doubted he'd be able to get away with such a pathetic display, but she was not and he was indulgent in her absence. Though he did wonder if she knew there was a festival happening and he silently hoped that she did, they could get drunk of plants together and make a night of it. How splendid!

In a very gruff manner, the shade began to pull plants from his pouches as Aramis set down rocks into various piles until eventually the shade had almost barricaded himself in. At least there was now a visible line between him and the women. His attention did turn at the word "bones", however, and he listened with slight interest as to what the girl with the eye marks had to say. Water and bones? What a strange combination. d'Artagnan almost suggested that Illynx should lend her some of her own, but the interior designer had already answered the question. The shade grunted and returned to his set with a business like manner.

The Doctor was careful in his handling of the plants, placing each different species onto a separate slab of rock until he had four distinctly different pieces of foliage. Considering the hallucinating mushrooms were already filling the tent, d'Artagnan hoped there would be enough for all to sample. Aramis returned to sit in front of their little shop wall and curled his pointy tail upwards, like an added ornament to the rather bland set. His canine eyes watching for anyone who'd dare come near to try one whilst the Nightshade stood behind looking like a bored bartender as he chewed on a piece of Snowweed to get the spirits up, turning to Illynx with a frown. "You're loving this aren't you."

[lol I wanted to be creative, but alas d'Art doesn't have a creative bone in his body >.< Such a disappointment. But his stand is literally like a wall of rocks and he's shoved some plants on them. WELL DONE D'ART. *dies inside*

The plants include:
Snowweed: gathered here We may as well be criminals (I'll post him picking some up in his next reply)
Mandrake & Henbane & Thorn Apples (aka Locoweed. *tempts Oxy with a trail*): gathered here Burnt lungs, sour taste)]
It's nothing that complicated, I just want to kill you

my heart’s an endless winter
              filled with rage

Use force at your own peril ;) please tag me!