the Rift

[OPEN] revelry and merriment; [ Festival Entrance/Tent ]

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I L L Y N X
take a look in the mirror - see the truth in your face

The night fell slowly, ethereal and splendid as it usually did at this magical altitude. Much to her happiness, the isle was held in a neutral temperature this evening, the sky clear and without a cloud and the winds docile despite the normal chill of Orangemoon, and while a tiny ghost of her breath can be seen as she exhales, it is most suitable to a woman who has lived many years in the snow. She hopes that the guests manage to make it here after being told to arrive in the Basin for the festivities, but its fleeting and last minute; she had learned over her years that many things do not come to be because they were never meant to, and so she will not cry over faces that do not come to honor her God.

He will know who loves him, even if it is only her and a handful of her herd who have made the venture to honor his power, to give regard to the grandeur of her people beneath his rule.

With a last look at her preparations to insure they are even and balanced and a final glance to each stand her members have provided to ensure they are prepped before stepping out into the pale blue glow of her dance circle, trotting with long golden legs to the fore of the region where most of the traffic will be arriving through. Her armor has been left at home in her cave for the evening, the woman having seen little purpose in wearing it to a party, and the darkness ripples silken across her golden spine.

Worries of what she has left behind on the earth after her conversation with Zikar and the God in question have since filtered out in her excitement, though as she assumes a position of welcoming and adorns her usual grace and arrogant stance, a thought trickles in, a dark wonder if all will go as she hopes it will this evening.

Or if death, fear, and darkness will reach them even here.

[ OOC: Thread for arrivals/general chit chatting, as well as eating of food stuffs. :3 ]
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
Death, rancor, and all the darker edges of life failed to consume and devour her inner workings, the lacings and plaiting of her finer edges; the Mender has always coveted, hoped, cherished, longed, and yearned for particles of jubilation instead of unwavering grief or laborious anguish, the maddening consumption of violence and villainy. The sylph had no desire to waste it on the timeless passages of what if and what could be, for once sanctioning the moment into her heedless desires and rampant ecstasy – joy, wild and effervescent, brimmed and brewed from her eternal cup of elation, spilling over the boundaries of her soul until she was seemingly lit on its wondrous fire. The midst, the mist, the surroundings beckoned, and she was coaxed, a moth to a flame, a spirit to a kindred artifact, into the labyrinthine concoctions of their unearthly void. Made angelic by the hymns bursting from her lungs, from her softened mouth, from her eager smile, her petal soft footsteps lingered over the wispy threshold as a nymph, as a laurel, as a sienna plume in the midnight oil. Blossoms and blooms, gathered from the few vestiges of unwavering flowers still remaining, held aloft in a circlet, a crown, along her ears, dangling and brushing over her brow in a dainty whirl and twirl of sprite, fairy, and pixie essence. Like a child of the trees, of the wood, of the flourishing copse and all of its beatific riches, she slipped into the boundaries of gods and goddesses as a reverent being, dancing a fine tune to the ease, to the sway, to the rhapsody of her otherworldly possessions. She sang and she hummed, she breathed radiance, she craved idle musings, the beckoning summons of others, to relish, to enjoy, to taste, the token bits levity, zest, and passion had to offer. Eyes aglow, body enlightened, she prayed into the balm and alms of benedictions and invocations, asking, begging, pleading, for an endless, ardent evening filled with bliss, with enchantment, with revelry, and not the unspoken threats gathering in the shadowed boundaries.

They followed the dainty precipice, the divine raptures, until they were soaked in its wild candor, another being chased and bitten by the beatific. Summoned and taken for the joviality, the amusement, the festivity, she slid into the beaded, glowing world, undimmed and undaunted by the steady glow of their amble bliss. Illynx was spotted nearby, a golden presence amongst the shadowed oils and twilight ambience – though the aurora’s horizon would have been perfection for the backdrop, for the scenery, of their vivid dances and glorified hallelujahs, the world was beautiful here too – and she moved towards the Lady, apparent and vivid in her floret coronet, in her undaunted, unmoving grin. “Evening!” Bold and valorous, she stole glances towards the opening wings, pondering and wondering how many were to follow the sketches of their patterns and invitations, how many would be emboldened by the heights and fanciful folds, the crisp, autumn enlightenment of a Gods’ celebration and the wondrous things in between.

her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
would you mind if I killed you?

Deimos’ version of entertainment ranged from warfare to bloodshed, and with none currently in sight, he took his time in wandering along the trivialities of deities and heavens. If it were possible, his impassive, reticent features appeared even more distant, unyielding, and dispassionate, paying no credence to the unwinding reverence of their chieftain God or regarding the splendor. He held no intentions of dancing, savoring D’art’s wares, or partaking in any sing-along. The glowing mushrooms were ignored, the passionate display of tapestries and fabrics were disregarded, and the wholesome charities of newcomers with invitations at hand were spurned. The beast, the demon, the infidel, sought comfort in the things he knew; veils, desecration, mutiny, and revolution. Instead of drawing himself amongst the shadows, into the mist and depths (perhaps pretending he wasn’t there altogether, disappearing the moment another turned their head), the Reaper maneuvered carefully amongst the entryway – too far to be considered anything more than a marble-cast statue, a fixture of the forgotten décor, a deadly, writhing, nefarious piece eager for temptation to be waylaid. A protective beacon along the charades and follies; as the children of the Basin wound, laced, and plaited their way through merriment and decadence, his pernicious stature would ensure their security, their safeguarding, their defense. A part of his soul, the blackened, nefarious bits (large and imposing, gathering close to the dark, chiseled-out heart), almost yearned for an opportunity to maim, to distort, to destroy some ridiculous, foolish wanderer who dared to trespass, or remained completely oblivious. The latter notion alone kept him along his place, piercing, penetrating blue eyes staring upon the aperture, daring, challenging, provoking, and goading the scenic venue, a chance to spill ichor in the wild essences of throngs and serenades. It’d be the only tune worth hearing: the pull of his sword, the sweep of demise.

[Literally just standing near the entryway in case tomfoolery is about. ;D]

would you mind if I tried to?

Deimos
Credits

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Rumour came to the Dragon's Throat somehow, moving along the way that ears and lips told one another stories. The party wasn't at the Basin, instead the island. Then after, I'd become more comfortable with preparing for it, but my ideas over Basin members never changed. Experience told me to leave them alone, along with everyone else. Rikyn was the only one who made it seem worth going, and worried I might hurt feelings, gathered up my heart, the thousand pound weight that was my depression, my spilled emotions and tears just to go in case it might be worth it.
Having bathed in the lake, scraping away the grime and dirt coloured the same shade of orange that buried the desert in, I left slowly, almost dragging my hooves though I moved out of what was once the canyons to the caves. There the glowing flowers were pulled down on their vines as gently as I could manage in order to keep myself from being bland. One way or another, they'd been twisted into my tail and made a crown, glowing white and twinkling with low illumination. A single flower was added to the lop of the glass fish, intertwined with metal chain that strung it about my neck.
For once, I felt good about myself, thinking about beauty, how this could keep the smell of peppermint that lingered after my step and ribs faintly outlining my barrel. I wasn't so frail like I'd been in the recent moons.
The whole process of arriving is mundane. I try at soothing my worries and swallow my heart when it lodges firmly in my throat while taking my ride on a cloud, making sure to admire a view and remember what Cera had told me. His words drown my worries, but they know how to swim, and come back up. Touching the island is no easy feat. While the cloud isn't tethered to my hocks, I'm not prepared for this. I need to fly more. I need to feel free and not be touched by anyone, where I'm safe. The Basin can't threaten my life again while I'm flying.
It happens, me walking to the Basin tent with my depression a jail weight that's really what's tethered to me with a chain made of every bad memory. Please don't let them really kill me this time.
They're there, dancing, celebrating, in high spirits by their decorated tent. It's appearance almost takes the fear away, but there's something I can't see comple-
Oh sweet Moon goddess, what is that?
See? See, I should of never come, coming in all done up to be pretty only to see a monster wandering the entrance who makes me become a fool with my tail between my legs. My eyes can't leave it when I walk past. I'm still invited, right?
Evening!
"Oh, hello?" I try to drown the worries again, pushing them into the waters by their shoulders and hoping their head stays down. So out of place and terrified, I've forgotten how I'm supposed to introduce myself. The bay and golden one reminds me of Rikyn, nearing her when I do come by. Whenever I've gotten over my fear of them, my words are kicked out.
"I'm Sikeax, from the Throat. This is still the party, right?" It's a dumb question to ask, but fearful I came to the wrong occasion, maybe I shouldn't take chances.

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Zikar-Sin Posts: 78
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 8
M.E.

His locks had been carefully washed and arranged neatly—he had even attempted to detangle them, an impossible, yet ambitious endeavor—and now, his mane gleamed snowy white against the inky backdrop of his spine and the coming night. His beard was neat and orderly; his hooves were trimmed and cleared of rubble; even his monocle had been exhumed of its thin coat of dust and grim, polished to a pleasant gleam that matched the glow of his white, ghost-like eyes and the pearlescent grin plastered over his dark muzzle.

Oh, but what a lovely night for celebration!

The earlier menace of the stampede and the shadow upon his poor Mistress’s heart—all of that was forgotten in the meantime, for the twilight air danced with the lights and music of a festival, and whatever emotions that Sin possessed simply soared with delight! His eyes were so wide, they almost bugged from their sockets; he knew not where to go, knew not which tasks he should indulge in first, such was the frenzy of his ecstasy! Should he amble over to the dance floor? Should he partake in a game of riddles? Should he peruse the wares of his fellow countrymen? The list was endless; it was very nearly too much for the poor Haruspex to absorb all at once. As such, he found himself happily buzzy around the entrance of the fetivities, greeting all within reach of his roving, maddened eyes, his joyous grin.

Hello, my Lady!” he said to Illynx as he passed her, as though he had not just seen her not a half hour beforehand; “Oh, hello!” He called to the darling healer Lena as she ambled about; “Good-day, sir!” he trilled at Deimos, huge, black, and brooding, a sinister sentinel standing guard over the proceedings; “Good day, miss!” He called to a supposed stranger, horned as they were yet unfamiliar in her look and voice. It mattered not to Sin; his happiness was perfect, and tonight was the night for revelries instead of conspicuous, unfathomable suspicions!

[Sorry to say that I'll probably be super inactive during the festival, but posting this to show that YES Sin is here!! :D ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IMG Credit: ness094@deviantart.com

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
I L L Y N X
take a look in the mirror - see the truth in your face

They came, gleaming and perfect, poised and elegant in all their fine lineage and horned visages; she sees many she knows filtering past her, their hellos resounding and hearty, and she returns each with a gleaming smile and the occasional odd banter.

The Lord is dark and foreboding as he lingers on the outskirts, seamlessly taking the task she had hoped he would – though she hadn’t asked the man for fear of swift rebuttal in the face of being asked to attend a party (surely not something the surly and ignorant man would be interested in), she had depended on his loyalty and his undying desire to protect the herd that he served. Though dark emotions still swirl around his name and face when it rises into her thoughts, slowly Time has granted her wounded ego peace and consolation; even if the Lord is not suitable for the more social tasks at hoof, he is certainly equipped to be a standing guard and is dangerous as a ravenous wildcat when he decides to put himself into motion.

She gives him a long cursory glance as he takes his position along the boundaries of the tent and the ring of glowing mushrooms, hoping that he will be able to withhold any feelings of aggression or mayhem for at least the rest of the night.

She’d much rather not have to have a shouting match in front of the herd and their guests.

One figure in particular, however, steals her attentions as she approaches; her flesh is pale and she is crowned with a blue horn, vaguely familiar from other social gatherings but as of yet nameless to the Golden Lady. She does, however, make a direct line towards her, and Illynx offers her most friendly of grins to the arrival who does not smell of snow and ice but of sand and hot, desert wind.

"Indeed it is, welcome our sister of the South," she gives a cordial bow befitting one of her rank meeting another from a herd outside her own, the Lady not so vain as to assume her legacy has reached the tumbling sands and knowing better than to be rude at a social event, "I am the Lady Illynx, and that dark fellow over there is Deimos, the Lord."

She gestures faintly with her horn in his direction, as usual lacking keenness in mentioning him at all.

Zikar trotting by steals her gaze, and she smiles happily at the Haruspex, a half hazard smirk of apology flickering across her face as her eyes slip past the one called Sikeax as she cheerfully calls her hello in return.

"Evening, Zikar darling," she says sweetly before returning her eyes to the desert dweller with a delighted smile on her lips, "that would our Seer. Was the venture easy on you?" The question is directed towards Sikeax, her golden eyes glittering with the cheer that overrides the worry embedded deep in heart, worries that pertain to the darkness that comes in clandestine cloaks.

@[Sikeax]
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission.