the Rift

[OPEN] Maybe Hell has already risen. [Welcoming]

Beloved Posts: 121
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 8.5 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 :: Appears 6 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Orphan :: Ragdoll Cat :: None Bunnie
The other man had left them in the wood; why she had already forgotten, any memory of him washed away in the insane joy that flooded her to bring home a gift of her own. She had not missed the arrogant way of the woman who had found her, she had seen the Lord arrive with his blasphemous elegance and praise silently she who had collected another body.

He loved her for it. She would be loved now, too, giggles echoing on the stone walls that towered about them in the partially sheltered path, occasional care given to the dips that threatened to send one careening down sheer embankments and into stones below, her songs of the earlier branches of the journey abandoned for the occasional mad muttering or flighty dance forward.

Bouncily she trots along the winding path, the jagged crack in the stone effacement's that the Sialia woman had shown her those weeks ago long behind them and the first glimpses of the tall bronze beings evident on the lightening horizon.

Morning had come while they walked, the little devil watching the yellow sliver with the anxiousness of a vampire, of a demon bound to darkness. "Light comes." She does not like the Sun, its brightness; it blinds her, it reflects from her porcelain skin and it burns, it burns. It had tried to steal her face her first summer, forcing the flesh on her delicate face into redness and rising blisters across the most tender of places, and it had peeled and peeled away for what felt like forever.

She would not let it try again.

"It is our face," she whispers sourly, a muttering to herself commencing as the final stretch of the path is swallowed by their pace and the Basin opens to them.

Her eyes are narrow and hateful as they glare at the Sun, their figures entering the snowy gateway of the realm of the unicorns and the white dancer turning about to look upon her prize once more, a gust of wind blowing in from the path they had just left behind to lift her feathery mane from her face in flyaway strands. With a crazed grin that flashes pearlescent teeth in the vague, misty half light of the early morning, she dances in place and giggles happily, occasionally pivoting to gesture wildly around her.

"Oh, we missed the night," she sings sorrowfully despite the jubilant motions of her body, "forced to burn beneath the light…" With suddenness, she stops facing inward to the land, hair settling downwards slowly as if it wished to defy the gravity that grasped at it. "Oh, my Lord, my Lady!" she calls, girly voice eerily loud in the early hour, "Beloved returns to you with man flesh."

@[Panzram]

Tag Beloved, please!

Feel free to attack her with physical or magical violence at your own risk. ;D

Panzram Posts: 64
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 8 Tallsuns HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Xyroca

For the most part, I remained quiet during our journey to the Aurora Basin while following the strange white mare, vaguely aware that she would speak allowed intermittently. It never seemed directed towards me, so I began to block out the giggles and whatnot, instead focusing my mind on memorizing the lands. As we began to get closer, a chill ran down my coat and the edges of my lips fought to restrain a grimace. The cold was certainly not something I was looking forward too. Come to think of it, I was already beginning to regret agreeing to follow the pair that had found me. Perhaps I could just...sneak off and let the little mare continue on her merry way? I'd be long gone by the time she realized I was no longer her shadow.

My jaw drops as a large yawn escaped from my mouth, and quickly I tried to shake my head at an attempt to wake myself up. After all, I had been awoken in the middle of the night by a lunatic and a hustler, 'persuaded' to follow right then and there, after having traveled far enough as it was. First thing I was going to do once all of this was over was plant my happy ass down somewhere and pass out. As the sun continued to rise, my attention was caught by the tall bronze statues that we were beginning to pass, watching the light reflect off of their bodies. How strange, unique even...Interesting. I would have to learn more about those later.

Auds flicked foward as the petite nutcase began to dance about, only to abruptly stop and call out to their leaders. Now, I was interested. Orbs searched the lands before us to see who would welcome us, the lord? The lady? Both? It was an uncomfortable wait as I was forced to grow accustomed to the cold, and my thoughts carried back to when I was the King of my own lands. Now, thanks to Morphine, that position was lost to me. For now, at least...As my chocolate gaze scanned ahead, lazily passing over Beloved for a moment, I was forced to do a double take as she announced that she was here with...man meat. I met the mare with a blank stare and raised brow for a moment, unsure of how to process being called 'man meat'. Choosing to just think of it as one of her oddities, I rolled my eyes before settling beside her to wait.
Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
A strange, girly voice calls to her from the fore of the land, its summons unusual and almost cryptic. Where one would almost immediately take what was said as a notion of attractiveness on behalf of whoever she’d found, Illynx felt there were connotations in the statement that leant more towards the liking of the cat she’d recently brought home from the forest rather than one of her horned and civil brethren.

Usually one of the first to arrive to greet new members were she present in the land to do so, the mare has multiple reasons this morning to greet whoever has come knocking and interrupted her morning bath – mostly involving who in the hell Deimos has let into her land that views those found in the threshold and wilds as delicacies.

Surely it was Deimos – no one else she knew really lacked the common sense enough to do such a thing, except perhaps herself. She had, after all, willingly played many games that could have spelled her undoing if only for a temporary thrill or potential step up in the political ladder.

The two who greet her are both strangers, but the one smells of snow enough to be a believable member of her coven, crafted seemingly of snow herself, she is so pale and white in the morning rise of the Sun. Beside her is the supposed “man flesh,” who is quite delectable in his own ways to the less predatory mindset of the Lady – she sees muscles, a jagged and impressive crown, and is quite pleased with the subject matter. The griffon along her bare back (for her armor is back within her cave) pulls upwards into a sitting position to run cold, appraising blue eyes across them, her vision much more impressive than her mount’s at this distance.

The mad woman – surely she is mad – sings softly as the golden Lady arrives, the sound drawing to a close as the bitch halts her forward progression and stands regally in the frame of the sunrise beneath the shadow of the sentinel, golden eyes flashing across both figures momentarily as she makes her judgment. "Welcome to the Aurora Basin," she says to the stallion at first, reserving her voice for the one she should know but doesn’t as the last to gain her favor (mostly because she’s a pretty little thing, and Illynx is if nothing else vain), "I am the Lady Illynx, ruler alongside his Lordship the Reaper, and this is Kyst, my companion."

Her golden eyes tilt to the pale one, the one with the insane two toned eyes that has brought new blood to her door. "I am afraid I have never met your acquaintance," she drawls, wondering how deeply broken this stranger is.

Illynx
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

A woman that must be the Lady comes.

The pale one lifts her eyes to watch her approach, her songs dying on her tongue as she watches the light flash on the golden flesh of the stranger, so regal and proud each step and boundless the wrath that defines each motion despite the cool control of her face. A creature built for war, Beloved counts her scars, finds them many, sees the burns on her legs and the erratic wounds that have long since healed on the earthen flesh of her belly.

Her words are like gold, too, they are rich and they flash and Beloved thinks she can touch them if she tries. The oddest of expressions takes her as her head tilts to the side and her strange eyes capture the figure that rests on the back of the woman, a strange beast both feline and flight worthy, and with a gurgling giggle of delight she steps forward a pace to better see the pretty thing with tawny and gold toned feathers.

Why do they match? Most do not blend so seamlessly with their creatures of soul birth, disgustingly wrong but perfectly right in the same instance, but this one is as if bred to be the pet of the chatty dame.

So caught up in the griffon is the devilish one that her giggles almost cover the fact that she is being ignored.

Eyes flash malevolently towards the Lady, accusingly towards Panzram who has stolen all the attention from her much more worthy self. The white snake sucks in her laughter in an acrid hiss, slender neck arching in defiance as she burns her eyes along the figure of the woman until she turns to focus on Beloved.

No, no we haven’t met before, she thinks, another giggle surfacing where anger had lingered but seconds previous.

"Beloved," she says softly, a thousand voices crying and singing and gnashing within her mind at the mention of their calling, a swoon of self love nearly taking her as she swallows the attention beset upon her, "we have brought you him. Panzram." Her pale horn tilts to the Crown of Blood, her mad eyes gleaming delightfully in her success, the golden one already forgotten in the trek north and the excitement of meeting a queen.

Tag Beloved, please!

Xyroca

As we were approached by a lovely mare, only just slightly smaller than myself, I had to restrain myself from raising my crown. I knew that at a time like this, my pride could very well get the better of me and put me into a position that I would not be able to dig myself out of so early in the game. She carried herself with regal elegance, adorned naturally with golden accents and every bit what a Lady should be. How could I possibly resist letting my gaze trace over her frame? Even with the scars, I had no problem savoring what I could see. Indeed, the Lady was a visual treat of delectable chocolate, laced with expensive taste and just enough bite to keep me interested. I did manage to somewhat fight the pleased smirk that tugged at my lips, remembering that I had to mind my manners as she began to speak. Oh but how I wanted to learn more about her, how she got her scars, and if she would like any more…Visions too inappropriate for words flitted through my mind, but I kept my fantasies of pain and pleasure hidden.

Pulled back to the moment as she introduced herself, I tilted my crown in the most respectful action I could manage to find. My chin pulled to my left shoulder, crown pointed to the right in a half-nod. What can I say? Old habits die hard, and showing respect to a mare was one of the most difficult tasks I could manage. Rather, it was a way that showed that I viewed her as an equal for right now. Just as I would have to earn her respect, she would have to earn mine. For the time being, to be considered equal in my eyes was pretty damn impressive. When she introduced her companion, my gaze darted to the strange creature on her back. Never before had I seen such a creature, and I eyed her for a moment as the Lady Illynx began to speak to Beloved. Odds flicked towards Beloved as I studied the griffon with curiosity, before the crazy mare’s voice caught my attention. What?! I followed this bitch all the way to this god damn ice land and she never even met the Lady?! What, did she just randomly appear in this land and think ‘yeah, this’ll do’? With a snort of frustration, I decided that I wouldn’t put it past her. More than likely, this little nutcase could make herself at home just about anywhere, whether leaders knew it or not.

Clearing my throat, I returned my gaze to the chocolate truffle. ”Pleasure, my Lady. Beloved and Thranduil are quite persuasive, wouldn’t take no for answer.” I chuckled at my words, casting a glance to the snowy mare for only just a moment. ”I am new to Helovia, and they have assured me that the Aurora Basin is the prime herd to join. Perhaps I could be of service to you, if that is truly the case.” And perhaps you could be of service to me…

Please tag Panzram in first posts only. Violence and magic can be used on him, just please do not kill or permanently injure/maim.

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie
Beloved and Panzram, mentally repeats the golden one as she filters her eyes over them once more. The male of the pair seems offended that his companion was previously unknown to her – it draws a smirk to her lips, one that is cleverly crafted to appear benign and welcoming though it was rather one of amusement at the situation. It wasn’t uncommon for her to come across two strangers to her at her borders, one of whom was a new member seeking to impress the leads they had joined, but that one of them was so offended by it was funny in a way she couldn’t quite pinpoint.

He’d looked at her quite heavily on her approach, she’d taken note of, but who could blame him? She was pretty, even with two children to care for and a herd to watch over, numerous scars lining her body from defending herself and the honor of her kin, and she took great pride in it; that she was still dirty from the days work before and barren of her charms and armor was all the more flattering.

Kyst likes that he looks at her, too. For a moment, their emotional tether hums with satisfied, purring egos.

More questions are answered when Thranduil slips into the conversation, and her eyes once again flash with a personal amusement; the white one hadn’t fooled poor Panzram on her own, and that the golden boy was involved was of no surprise to the Gilded Blade.

He’d made himself quite a reputation the very day he’d arrived; she could expect no less of him to continue to do so.

That both of the puppets already among the snow having spoken so well of her herd land, another swelling of her oversized head glints through her golden gaze and broadens her smile, and delighted nod shared with the insane one before she looks back to the newer of the pair.

"We are the largest, as far as my eyes have seen," she replies, "nearly fifty walk the valley, and you have seen the fortifications of the hold for yourself." She leans as if to look down the path and out to the crack in the rock, then settles back into the shadow of the sentinel with a slightly devious grin on her face.

She adores her bronze mechanisms of war so dearly.

"Tell me of yourselves, Panzram, Beloved," the golden one says sweetly, glancing from one to the other as they are mentioned, "what are your skills?"

Illynx
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Panzram remembers the golden one. She looks over at him with gleaming, lifeless eyes that sparkle in her own remembrance of his help, now, and she nods her head as if to agree that he had been there, to verify she had not forgotten him, merely been carried away in the moment.

Crown of Blood doesn’t seem to like that she’s a stranger, but she really doesn’t give a fuck. She fooled him well enough with what little she knew, and Thranduil had aided in his own way though she had surely been the more deciding factor in the endeavor (so arrogant, the wretched witch she is) and would carry herself as if she had done it on her own.

When the Lady speaks, an enthusiastic breath sucks through her lungs, for again the song of her voice sounds out in golden clarity, and Beloved finds it is hard to focus on what she is saying with her words dancing around in such lovely patterns. The mad woman finds herself staring at the woman’s throat as she speaks, the way the soft, supple and delicious flesh bounces with each breath and syllable. Could she taste them if she struck there, while she spoke?

She sighs in desperate desire, her eyes trailing downwards to the scars along her legs, back to her face and the one ear that is melted and grotesque.

Later, she thinks, a giggle ushering forth from her mad lips.

Her name draws her forth, ears lifting and silver eye flashing like molten liquid in her eagerness to be recognized, asked questions of.

She’d missed the first one, but the honeyed throat asks a second.

Oh, ohhhh, she thinks, another giggle breaking outwards; she has many skills, she has many talents, she is a Goddess among mortals and she uses them as trees go through their leaves. But does it have a name? Does it have a purpose?

"Beloved has seen Gods die and lived, she knows the cold embrace of doom, she has touched the mask of despair," she’s swooning as she sings in her girly, haunting voice, swaying back and forth as if pulled by invisible tethers in an ethereal, slow pattern while her eyes cleave to the mistress of the mountain, "we can kill you, a shadow. No winds are colder, just ask our mother."

If you can find her bones.

@[Panzram]

Tag Beloved, please!

Xyroca

My eyes narrowed ever so slightly in a micro-expression as Illynex spoke of being the largest herd, the expression would be completely unnoticeable to the untrained eye. She was clearly proud of her lands, and why shouldn’t she be? That sort of power was most assuredly the kind that many, including myself, dreamed of obtaining. Granted, why they chose this particular location was beyond me. I followed her lean with my gaze to look over my shoulders, straightening out to catch her grin. What was so special about those statues? Hmm, I would have to witness them in action for myself at this rate.

Auds flicked towards Beloved with minor interest as she began to answer the Lady’s questions, naturally answering in sing-song riddles that could tell more about her than I would ever guess. I watched as she swayed, one brow raised before glancing towards the Lady as if to say ‘seriously?’. I knew better than to underestimate the petite little mare, however part of me did wonder what truths she spoke of. After all, it was difficult to believe someone singing about such things when they acted like a lunatic, it could all be in her head for all I knew. However, I kept my mouth shut. While I listened, I pieced together her puzzle, gathering that she must have killed her mother in her past. How impressive for such a small vixen. It brought a little smile to my lips, pleased to hear of such skills.

It should only be expected of me to at least come off as equal to the insane mare, though in her spectrum, I doubt I could. But perhaps I could at least impress the Lady, and I began to wonder what skills would be the best to offer her while still hiding part of who I was. It was important as a lower rank to not give too much away, lest I be crushed down before I could even build myself up. “I can offer you a multitude of skills, my Lady, from mercenary to informant. While my past may not seem as colorful as Beloved’s, I have been touched by gods of faraway lands. And I have a knack for getting what I want.” At this particular moment though, I was having one hell of a time getting or even finding what I wanted.