the Rift

[OPEN] ACID LIGHTS

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

THOR
The world distanced itself around me; it was just me and the road ahead, yet somehow even that felt outside of my reach. Shadows parted upon my approach and half of me wondered if it was because of who I had been or who I’d become. I was neither a King nor a Monster, so perhaps I was a mixture of the two. Perhaps that’s why I found myself hovering again in the Deep Forest hoping that it would bring me a sense of myself that I had been missing since returning from the Wilds. How queer it was that such agony and isolation had managed to leave an impression on me. Cruel shades of grey leapt from the yawning depths of the dark forest and I had no qualms about moving alongside them and relaxing into them until I too had hidden myself from the brightness beyond.

Tall pines and old, twisted oaks looked down upon me from above but I found no solace within their gaze where I had once found comfort. I could not blame them for their hesitancy, after all I’d been received oh so well by just about everyone else. A small smile crept onto my lips and though it felt more natural than the rising feeling of shame that threatened to drown me in emotion, I halted it in its path nonetheless. Though time was supposed to heal all wounds, I felt that I carried far too many for it to ever heal them all. I’d witnessed the emptiness that death could impale upon the heart and I’d dealt with the ache of longing for a friend who was as gone as the summer heat. I’d suffered from the hatred I’d erected for my own monument after abandoning my own daughter and I’d felt the tinge of jealousy after knowing I’d been replaced on the throne. The emotions all surged under my skin like a riptide threatening to burst through my earthly seams. I was like a porcelain doll, so fragile and complacent until dropped…

As dusk fell over the forest, I let it come with no intentions of returning to the Edge until morning. I felt all too natural sleeping beneath the stars under a canopy of red and yellow leaves. In fact, I’d barely slept since welcoming the Edge back into my life. Somehow, I felt as though my tired eyes had been waiting for this exact moment for the past year. As I gazed around, I couldn’t help but chuckle lightly. Tamira’s face was everywhere. It was intoxicating. It was painful. But most of all, it was the moment I knew that my heart was breaking all over again.

I don’t know how to figure out who I am.

Oh how her words still echoed in my mind. She had been suffering, questioning, and searching for so much… I had lost her before I could even truly get her to understand. Now she was gone from the mortal world and I was left with the fragments of her memory. How weak I’d been, still looking for her in all that I did. She had replaced my being with her own and now I felt consumed. It was a dangerously thin veil between sanity and insanity and I couldn’t help but raise it occasionally, wondering what it felt like to lose myself as she had done in the shadow of Myriad. I was a sick man- that was certain. But I needed to replace her in my heart. I had to be rid of her if I ever wanted to find my way back to my past in order to begin the healing.
it used to be the reason I breathed but now it's choking me up
die young and save yourself

background pattern by gripspix @ flickr.com
codes by whit

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Code:
Sikeax;
Orangemoon shook the trees like it would do every year, knocking down endless amounts and foliage until nothing but bare limbs disguised as bony fingers kept the sky from staring down below, squinting so that it might see the going-ons of those once imperceptible below. Blue light illuminated my path, radiating from the spear mounted to my cranium that never let me wander the dark without a guiding light. Cicadas hums rhythmicly like a gentle lullaby. Eyelids won't dip down at their song this time, wide awake and on edge as the indigo hues blanketed the world, preparing everyone and everything to sleep.
Yet, I'm the one who won't sleep. The nips in the cooling air kept me alert, sounds of moving, unseen and unknown things that go bump in the dark made me stand tall on toes that where really hooves. Pretty, petite ears swivel at their post like soldiers on guard. A thick, matted tail flicks restlessly behind me hide. Distantly, an owl asks 'Who?' with no answer.
Not me, is all I answer, unsure of myself after the conversation with Stranger. Whoever he was, his name is Stranger. He had no need to tell me who he was, and I saw no reason to. Another 'who?' proads curiosly.
Curiosity killed the cat, but the cat killed the bird.
I stop myself. Ears pop forward because I'm not hearing my own footsteps now. It's someone else. Someone else in the woods, where I can't see them. Fear hits me like a sledgehammer to the chest, but instead, that's really a loud sneeze. Illness hasn't pardoned me despite the desperate attempts of my herbs. Peppermint gives my breath a new odor, but I haven't met anyone set on smelling my breath. This cold has lasted a little longer than expected, but at least it's becoming more of Orangemoon allergies than sickness.
They keep coming, my leg muscles tensing up more now. I wonder if they're stronger now, from how much I'm scared of meeting someone that could be what I must of been in the past. I must of been ugly, hideous, disgusting, nothing of myself just for Sacre to call me a monster upon seeing me.
The owl is gone now, and here, the owner of those footsteps in closer now. Through the dying foliage is a man, winged but just about all of my friends and family members are these days. I'm nothing but a foreign object to them.
A runny nose is cleared with a snort, one I don't really mean to do. I'm food, because if I wasn't, then that Cougar wouldn't of tried to kill me, and I wouldn't be wounding another one of my friends. As food, I don't need to make a scene, do nothing more than get fat and feed the predators. The ribs showing under a champagne pelt shows that I can't achieve that.
"H-Hello..?" Nothing but worthless whispers, hoping I can get by on my scene by talking for a few minutes and then leaving. When they don't put mind to me, against all of my wishes because I know my heart is screaming within my chest that 'you're gonna get hurt, or hurt someone else again,' I stupidly and nowhere never bravely put a stride out, slowly walking to them like a submissive creature who is curious.

OOC: Would you like me to tag you?
@[Thor]
Someday when we're very old, you'll see me buried in fresh snow
darkheart9595, lyotta & larfsalot @deviantart

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

THOR
Just when I thought that silence had sheathed the forest and its jagged edges, sounds of movement rendered me still. My heart was not heavy with fear though, at least not like it had been as a rogue in the Wilds. It was almost hysterical how tame Helovia was in comparison to the lands beyond. When I had once thought to be tense and suspicious, I was now serene and perhaps a bit curious. While my attentions were divided between seeking out the disturbance and avoiding it, a child-like vision appeared from the darkness, her eyes wide and innocent suggesting her obvious fear. I didn’t know whether to scoff at her escapades or greet her accordingly; of course the father in me admonished the latter and I smiled knowingly at the girl. “It seems to me that you’re a bit young to be so far from home.” I could smell the dry desert of the Dragon’s Throat upon her skin, the very same I had once sensed upon Kri the Resolute. I wondered if the fiery little mare still resided within the Throat or better yet, still called herself their Sultana. I was afraid to wonder about the changes affecting other regions of Helovia since my absence and decided that asking would only bring about more questions… and answers that I wasn’t sure I wanted to hear.

What’s your name child?” The words felt gruff even to my own ears. Maybe it was because I had desired peace and quiet, but then again… had I ever acquired peace and quiet in Helovia? It was one perpetual meeting after another, each face blurring into the next until they all made one giant spectrum of names and features that I could no longer decipher at will. Everyone was willing to meet one another despite previous conflict, relationship, friendship- anything. It didn’t matter if you killed their father some years ago, they had something to say to you and you had to stick around for it no matter what… I guess that’s what we call civility, but I just thought it irritating. “Better yet, why do I find myself in your company?” I bristled at the edge in my voice and immediately regretted how, for lack of a better term, monstrous I sounded. If I’d wanted to come off like a pompous ass and get away with it, I guess I needed to glue a horn to my head and swear myself to the Basin.

It’s not that she was an abdominal creature, as plain as she seemed, but I still took offense the company of children since the estrangement of my own daughter. I missed her dearly, but I feared that even reaching out to her would be useless in the face of all that I’d done to her. I was even more afraid to find what kind of mare she was now… I hoped that she’d followed in Tamira’s footsteps at least. Really, I only hoped she was still alive and well… The kind of pain I would feel if I found out otherwise might just… well it might just kill me. As I swung my head back around to the small girl before me, I grimaced. She was just a reminder of Essetia, only less appealing. However, could you blame me for thinking my own kin to be marvelously striking? Essetia and her ivory eyes and strange badger face? She was the epitome of beauty in my eyes and no beast in their right mind would ever convince me otherwise.

This child, though interesting in her own way, did not fare well in my opinion. Come to think of it, as she sat there looking at me with child-like wonder (all pun intended), I noticed her consistent sniffling. It was every few seconds; three or four breaths and she would sniffle and then breathe and then sniffle. It was absolutely irksome. “A girl so young, out so late by herself… and sick? Please tell me I have discovered you by mistake- that you are lost and cannot find your way back home. If not, then the Gods help me, I will march your ass right back to where you came from.” I gazed at her now, with cold authority in my eyes. If Essetia had done such a thing, I would have yelled so long and hard that her ass would have sailed to the heavens.

codes by whit

You don't have to tag me anymore, I'll keep watch on the board usually. Also, forgive me for any weird-sounding/grammatical/spelling errors. I was too lazy to proof this. xD

Dröm Posts: 114
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.3hh :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

"If not, then the Gods help me, I will march your ass right back to where you came from.” The golden rabbit whinnies loudly as she prances through the foliage towards the voices. She wanted them to know she was coming, that another friend could be met. However, upon hearing what was being said she got slightly nervous and a bit angry. Wondering what on earth was happening, she speed up slightly. With light footsteps and knowledge of this terrain, she manages to join the pair without tripping. She jumps next to the foal and looks at this small-winged bay. She is surprised to see such a wise-looking stallion cursing at a foal! What monster curses at a helpless child? One of her ears twitch forwards as she parts her lips to speak. "Why speak in such a vulgar way?" She asked him softly, half afraid he would lash out at her, but she would rather he lash out at her, then the yearling beside her.

The Storyteller turned her head towards the filly. "I am Dröm, who might you be, flicka?" Flicka, Swedish for girl. Her words are soft and motherly. The five year old is genuinely a nice mare, but more so around foals and younger horses. She may not be the kindest mare ever to the bay who was cursing if he continues to be grumpy. Ass is not an appropriate word, no matter what any horse has said on the matter previously. She glances up at the bay, now noticing his rather large size. Who was this stallion, and why does it seem as if he has woken up on the wrong side of the bed today? Through this whole process, she says one word to the stallion, "Hello."

ooc: my post will get better as the thread progresses :3 <3
"words."

credits
[Image: 53d6f2ea9010d]
pixel by baylee

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno
Sikeax;
Immediately, he's like every other adult I've met, someone who was older than me and treated me as if that next season I wouldn't be two years. I'm not so young anymore, and maybe in the past, I would of said it. Only now am I forced to swivel my ears backwards, drooping them to the sides at a slight angle with my tail between my legs because my fight died when my friends deemed me a 'monster.' I'm not that, but the past doesn't change at will.
He asks about my name before I can answer his first question, piling on more and more for me to answer. I drink in both before my tongue is able to twitch at how I should respond. "Sikeax, but a lot called me Sia. I'm only near you because our paths crossed." Rude, like she probably was much more when I wasn't around. I've seen her do it in the past, and I know she did it harsher when I wasn't there.
Recovering illness is brought up. The cool night air is bittersweet, running knife tipped fingers across my skin with a gentle caress. Shivering slightly, I'm reminded that southern life is much different than northern life. I can't go back without betrayal, and up there, there's no one to keep you company when you're lonely. My face frowns, plastered with annoyance over how rude he is. Leaving and getting back to finding what I came here for seems a better idea by each second.
"I'm here for mint leaves, for my cold, which I'm-" Cut off from finishing by a loud whinny, so shrill in the dark hours that I back pedal in instinctive response, stamping a hoof in obvious discomfort. The whites of my eyes faintly roll forth before feminine vocals come like a Nightingale.
She, whose name is Dröm, wants my name, like the male did. Finally, my tail moves slowly from between my hind legs and my ears move into a neutral position, moving randomly for the first sign of more. There's no chance of getting out of here now, and my chest, heavy with illness, feels tight with discomfort. I wanted herbs, not a miniature herd.
"Sikeax, but please, call me Sia." I try to scape out the sickness from my voice, turn my head away if I might sneeze to sure it wasn't sprayed on them. Tonight wasn't for first impressions, the tangles in my mane and unruly fashion of my coat(though it was always that way) telling that this was meant for me to get what I wanted and leave. Hopefully this will end quick, and the sneezes I fire won't go in the wrong direction.
Someday when we're very old, you'll see me buried in fresh snow
darkheart9595, lyotta & larfsalot @deviantart

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

THOR
It was funny to me how females seemed to travel in groups, unknowingly or otherwise… If it was not a lone youngster, it was some maternal fool, and here I had been approached by both. That’s not to say that they don’t have perfectly acceptable natures, but they had stumbled upon me in a foul mood and instead of dealing with the transgressions of one, I now had to deal with the pair. They were wholly unconcerned as to the matters of my heart and I now assumed the role of “ignorant male beast”. I knew we came in many different shapes and sizes, but these two had judged me quickly which spoke of their obvious ability to judge a character based on two things: the tail-end of a conversation and my lack of proper introduction. Perhaps I had come off gruffly to the young one, but this mare had absolutely no idea what was going on.

I smiled stiffly at the two before nodding solemnly. The girl, whom I now knew as Sikeax had come in search of mint leaves for her illness. I had obviously misjudged her but felt no need to apologize now. If I was going to be accused of speaking vulgarly to a child, then I may as well make it true. Funny how the young one seemed more earthly than the other when it came to dealing with my “improper” behavior. I would make note of that- she was a Throat citizen after all… I didn’t want frayed ties to interrupt our alliance as sister herds- if we were still considered as such now that Kri and Mirage no longer resided over the two territories.

I peered back at the pale colored child as she spoke demurely to the older mare who had also decided that the filly needed a motherly figure upon which to lean. Perhaps the filly was the only one amongst us capable of normalcy, which to me, was hysterical in and of itself. “Thor, the maniacal patriarch of Helovia: seeking to reprimand all youngsters with curse words.” and Dröm, moral matriarch of goodness: seeking to relieve all relevant youngsters of vulgar, insolent, stallions. What a trio we made.

Without worrying about the Chestnut mare, I turned back to Sia (whether I would refer to her as such other than in my head, I was unsure). “Mint leaves you say? Suppose we help you look for them?” It was the least we could do after all. This Dröm would simply have to tolerate my company if she wished to remain by the filly’s side. I tilted my head towards the woods to indicate my readiness and then looked to the mare with questionable doubt. “Hello, yourself.” I was a man of few words as of late and though I had gotten off on the wrong foot, I could at least appease one of these females. They were a hard specimen to please and by doing good for the one, perhaps it would mollify the other…

Or not. I certainly couldn’t be sure.

codes by whit