the Rift

[PRIVATE] Not bad at all.

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady

GULL
trouble just grew wings

As you ride the autumn thermals, the winds carry you high and up over a portion of the land that you have never seen before. You’re approaching a mountain, one that looms so large before you that its peak is shrouded in mist. Curious, you flap upwards out of the warm stream of air, intending to ascend to the summit—nothing gets your blood pumping like uncharted territory!

With satisfaction, you take note of the sheer cliffs that jut from the rocky slope of the giant just before you. When you scan the surface of the mountain, your keen eyes find few trails up, and a fierce pleasure courses through your veins. If the peak is only accessible by flight, then maybe you’ll finally find somewhere that’s scum-free—and a place that doesn’t smell of cherry blossoms, to boot. With renewed vigor, you dart into the mist, searching for a place to land.

If you had not grown up by the sea and flown through many a rolling ocean fog, you may have found these clouds disconcerting. As it is, you are just beginning to worry, but then a field materializes several hundred feet beneath your hooves. Spiraling lazily downward, mimicking the action of a downy feather in the breeze, you land and have a look around. Up here, the clouds and elevation combine to hide a spacious meadow from the eyes of the world. Tall grasses bend in the breeze, but other than that, it is still. It is too cold and too high for many buzzing insects to be about—something you notice as you lower your head to inspect the edible fare. The sampling of food here is crisp and sweet, and you crunch away with hearty pleasure at your snack. Not a bad place, you decide, nodding to yourself. Not bad at all.

@[Parelia]

text
"speech"

Image Credits
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

The mare needed to get away from it all, needed to find somewhere to think and relax. Even as she soared above Helovia she wondered what Ilios was doing. She knew he was old enough now to be left in the herd lands alone, but it still worried her to be so far away from her young son. Shaking the thought away she thought of the perfect place to get away from everyone she knew, well except Penna. The falcon wheeled above her enjoying, what he assumed, was one of the last warm days. Parelia smiled up at him before turning for the Heavenly Fields.

Once they were close she allowed her body to slowly lower through the clouds towards the lush grass she knew awaited her. Light shimmered and sparkled off of the glass and jewel encrusted wing joint bands causing her smile to brighten. It was nice knowing that her feathery appendages were safe from anymore harm than they had already encountered. She could still remember how helpless she had felt against the golden bitch that had jumped her that stormy night. Once more she shoved the memory away as dainty hooves touched down with a soft thump. 'Another here.' Penna's voice rang through her head causing honey eyes to gaze around carefully searching. A large winged stallion stood a few feet away from her own landing zone. Penna landed carefully upon her back, unease and mistrust radiated from the bird.

A small smile played across her face as her delicate neck arched tail shifting higher to wave softly in the breeze as her warm voice wafted from her, "Hello stranger." He was handsome, but why should that matter to her, he was after all just another male in this wide and off world she called home. Honey eyes slowly rolled over his silver and white pelt taking in his own pattern of scars before returning to his face. 'Be careful.' Parelia sighed softly and flicked her longer teal streaked forelock away from her eyes allowing it to rest on her cheek.

"Speach" ’Thoughts’ 'Penna'
Words: 344
OOC: Sorry it sucks! @[Gull]

image credits
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

GULL
trouble just grew wings

One minute, you’re standing alone in the meadow, and the next, the heavens open and a petite pegasus mare flutters down beside you. Her sudden presence startles you slightly, but hey—you won’t object to this pleasant surprise! Twinkling blue eyes take her in as she settles on the ground. She is not as flashy as many of the ladies in this country, but there is a simple beauty to her buttermilk-colored body, accented by hints of teal. Her mane is short and stands on end, but a luxuriously long forelock cascades down her face and sweeps flirtatiously over an eye. The other eye, which is the color of warm honey, peers back at you.

You’re just about to get yourself better acquainted with this fine specimen of your species when a bird swoops down from the sky. The hawk’s dive is not unusual to you—after all, you have watched seabirds hunting, and the motion is familiar—but when he pulls up short and perches on the mare’s withers, you’re taken aback. You’ve never seen a bird do that! Yet the lady remains unfazed. Not a muscle twitches, nor does the beautiful eye blink; she merely turns to you as if nothing had happened.

“Hello stranger,” she murmurs, a little breathily, and tosses the hair out of her face. The gesture reveals another equally perfect eye, and if you’re not mistaken…you like the way they’re looking at you. For you don’t fail to notice the way they flit over your frame, and you know that if she is watching you as closely as you’re watching her, she will see your eyes mimic the movement. “Hello,” you reply, “Um…did you know that there’s a bird on your back?”

@[Parelia]

text
"speech"

Image Credits

Parelia Posts: 210
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3 :: 7:: Frostfall HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Penna :: Peregrine Falcon :: None Parelia

As his eyes slip over her hide an odd feeling grips her heart, playful and flirtatious. It was strange to feel this way again, and not around Ciceron. Was she losing her feelings for him, or was her broken heart struggling to find a healer. Shoving the thoughts away she smiled warmly watching the handsome winged stallion look her over. Penna fluffed his feathers for a moment spreading his wings watching the stallion as well with sharp beady black eyes. She could feel the distrust from her bonded, so she sent calm vibes to him. ’It'll be ok and if it gets bad I'll let you peck his eyes out, deal?' He chuckled in his screeching voice causing her smile to brighten.

His words drew a warm bubbly laugh from her soft white lips, "Yes I do, he is my companion, the other half of my soul. His name is Penna, and I am Parelia." She smiled and extended her own cream and teal wings in a warm gesture. The male was much larger than herself, but she felt no fear. Her smile turned slightly to a smirk as she gazed at him standing just far enough away that she didn't have to look up into his handsome silver and white face. It was weird to feel this way around anyone, much less a winged stallion. "Companions are gifts from the gods. They are given to you as an egg so they grow with you. Penna can speak to me even if you can't hear him. He can also understand everything you say, and how it makes me feel." Parelia flicked her long full tail allowing it to slap gently against her thick hips smirking playfully.

"Speach" ’Thoughts’ 'Penna'
Words: 286 @[Gull]
OOC:

image credits
[Image: 54a664c1065ed][Image: 542f83afbdf08]
Please tag Parelia! Attack at anytime

GULL
trouble just grew wings

Her laughter sounds like the soft lapping of waves on the shore in early morning, you think. All right, fine, your thoughts aren’t that poetic, but it turns you on, okay? It’s nice. “Yes I do,” Buttermilk Beauty replies, “He’s my companion, the other half of my soul. His name is Penna, and I am Parelia.” A quizzical look flashes across your features. The other half of her soul? Isn’t that like…lovey-dovey stuff? You mean, she’s got kind of the right thing going with the wings and all, but, um…this is a bird. She knows that, right?

Parelia must have caught the not-so-subtle confusion, for she elaborates, explaining that the bird is kind of like a pet of some sort…a pet that talks to her anyway. You can’t tell if she’s messing with you or if she’s actually a little touched, but she’s got a nice thing going for her either way, so you decide to just keep your thoughts to yourself and play along. You may not have eyes as sharp as the falcon’s, but you see the playful swish of her tail against the sloping curve of her hips. Her judgment is obviously sound enough for her to be into you, so for the moment, you won’t question it.

“Well then,” you reply, glancing at her sideways, “I guess I’ll just have to be careful what I say around Penna here, won’t I, beautiful?” You wink, and in a comically exaggerated fashion, swing your head to the side to watch the bird’s reaction. You’re not expecting much, but hey—this could be a fun game.

@[Parelia]

OOC: Oh goodness, sorry for such a long wait, Pare! Tagging you again since I just got off absent!

text
"speech"

Image Credits