the Rift

My Brightest Star [Ktulu]

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS, AGAIN

Paladin had taken time to heal and spend time with his family, though his adventurous girls were nowhere to be found. Still, he had lain eyes on both of them, and he knew they were safe. Most importantly, they had each other. Still, he missed being able to take care of his wild Ktulu and taciturn Ophelia. The once great stallion stood comfortable under a tree, joints locked for a nap. He swung his pale tail around his fetlocks and closed his crimson eyes.

When he woke once more, he had hoped that he would see one of his children around. He had never expected to be so blessed with such a proliferous family. Soleil and her twin-bearing was a wonder to him. He also expected to hear screaming in the distance from one of his mischievous boys. Now those two he worried about. They reminded him too much of himself when he was young, when his father encouraged cruelty.

The stallion frowned and shifted his weight, beginning to walk to the edge of the land. He had asked smoke if he could be a warrior, but before he could be of any use, he had to heal. And before that, he had to train again. Paladin felt useless, and being useless made him grumpy.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Ktulu had known that her parents had settled down in the Foothills long before anyone had told her. With Ophelia gone she'd had nothing to do so she had occupied her time with trying to find her father. She had found him in the Foothills with her mother and two younger colts that were very obviously her brothers. She had met one of them, the darker with the red mane and tail. She could safely say that she didn't like him at all and she could assume that she wouldn't like the other just from watching their antics at a distance. Ophelia and herself had never acted that way when they were younger.

As she looked around the herd she spotted her father standing under a tree. From his stance she assumed that he was sleeping, but still she watched to see if he stirred. A few minutes later he did. Ktulu waited a few moments longer before approaching him from the rear.

"Dad." She called to him once she was closer to the great stallion. She was happy that he was alone and not babysitting one of the little brats or just standing with her mother. She loved her mother, but she was a daddy's girl and had always preferred her father's company to her mother's.

Icon by Tay

Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

I WANT TO FEEL THE PAIN AND THE BITTER TASTE
OF THE BLOOD ON MY LIPS, AGAIN

A wonderful voice, only a close second to his mate's echoed in his ears, and Paladin furrowed his brows. He turned his head to see a spitting image of himself, and he smiled. "Ktulu!" he called out. She looked so lovely and so much older. He picked up an even jog and approached. Once close enough, he curled his neck around hers and nuzzled one of her ears affectionately.

"How are you and your sister?" he asked. "And your legs are straight still. I am so glad." The proud stallion quieted and pulled back to be able to look into her own, pretty crimson eyes. "I need to get back into fighting shape. You still want to be a warrior right? Any idea for whom?" He wanted to be involved in his daughter's life.

Ktulu the Constrictor Posts: 509
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Ktulu snuggled against her father when he curled his neck over her own and began nuzzling her ears. Really she wished she could go back to when she was a foal and could spend all the time she wanted with her father, but it was out of the question now. She was growing up and he'd replaced her and Ophelia with two colts. At least she still had Ophelia to stand by. Ophelia would never leave her, that was something Ktulu was certain of.

"We're fine." Ktulu answered her father's question. "How's mom?" She countered with her own question then listened as her father began to speak once more. When he asked if she still wanted to be a warrior she nodded, hesitating when he asked who for. "The Dragon's Throat." She answered a moment later. She wondered if the herd she and Ophelia had picked out would ever be at war with the herd her parents had joined then shook her head. She didn't want to think about that.

"I saw your sons." She changed the subject, though to her it was equally as unpleasant. She didn't say anything else and, instead, waited to see what her father would have to say about his obnoxious, bratty, sons. She could only hope her dislike of them wasn't so apparent in her face or in her tone.

Icon by Tay