the Rift

[OPEN] maybe i'll be sane for you

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Aurelia</style>

She had come expecting a small blue cave in which to cry in, but instead I found a land teeming with life. This life was guarded by large machines, which made my desire to sneak in double. Where these the racist unicorns? The ones the golden goat boy told me about? If these were the hostile bitches which I had been thoroughly warned about, well, I may just be home now. How I'd love to rule these lands-- Fire and Ice. Would my fire disrupt their white christmas, or would they continue on, ignoring me? These bitches had better come out, or else their in a world FULL of heat and pain. I would actually love melting their precious metal statues. They are statues, right? Standing directly in front of one of the machines, my foggy breath blows itself onto this statues metal. "Are you even alive, motherfucker?" she snarls at it, hoping to see some sort of reaction from the hunk of junk.

My ears twitched spasmodically at the sound of the roaring silence. These machines, I expected something greater than silence from these piles of junk. Blinding, radiant; light from an early rising sun spewed over the jagged, mountainous horizon. The darkness vanished quickly, the red sun replacing the night sky. Winter had fully taken hold, so there was a biting cold in the air as I stood. The winds whipped me, stinging my eyes, and demanding my tresses dance wildly next to me. My feathered wings ruffled next to my ivory body and I sighed. I backed out of the metal man's face and just looked around waiting for someone to come get me.

ooc: @[Beowulf] and anyone else! <3

talk talk talk talk
oh, tell me, what's the matter?</style>

image credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Déodat Posts: 174
Absent Abyss atk: 3.5 | def: 10 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 hands :: 12 HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Odette :: White German Shepherd :: None Minx
There was a foreign scent in the air. It was too fresh for comfort. He walked with both ears slammed against his head, for once his white companion walked at his side. The typically joyful creature fed off the aggression that emanated from her bonded. Déodat noted the slight raise in her hackles and how the bitch’s hairs stood partially on end. The pup was nearing her full height so for once he didn’t drive her away from the potential fight at hand. For once her attentions weren’t upon his wandering daughters. He would assume for the moment they were under the watchful eyes of the herd or their own mothers. Of course they often loomed in the back of his mind, but, his priorities remained with the responsibilities that rested upon his shoulder.

As the sight of a winged creature filled his gaze Déodat felt his stomach twist into knots as a deep loathing pumped through his veins. Who did this foul beast think they were traipsing into his prized herdland so boldly? Already the mechanical guardians were dealing with the fool, but that wouldn’t be enough he knew. If it were up to him he’d simply drive the fool with their tails between their legs, but there was always the potential of allies wandering upon their doorstep. As he drew closer it wasn’t the familiar scent of the Edge that wafted off this mare. It was then he decided that she would taste his restless rage and disgust with her presence tainting his precious mountain.

”Fight?” Odette asked glancing up at Déodat as they finally stopped before the Pegasus. He didn’t grace the hound with an answer, only a simple shake of his head for now.

“You are bold wandering into my homeland and trespassing,” Déodat said his voice oozing with the loathing that pumped through his veins. His face was a hardened and a wicked light glinted in his eyes as he sought to met the gaze of the golden flecked mare. Whoever she was, she would swiftly learn the fury of the Basin. Perhaps he could pluck her feathers and request something lovely for his daughters from the Weavers. “State your business and your name. I don’t have much desire to waste my time upon a intruding idiot that cannot respect the boundaries and laws of my herd.” He glanced over at Odette who stood with one lip curled upward slightly in a snarl. Déodat made no effort to call her off as she took a step near the Pegasus before them. It seemed he wasn’t the only one eager to begin the wild dance of war

@[Aurelia]

[Hope you don't mind Déo crashing the party. If you do, let me know and he can scuttle on out.]
talk talk talk

Déodat & Odette
</style>

Image Credits
[Image: QV8O7HU.gif]
Cut from the cloth, of a flag that
Bears the name of "Battle Born"
con by aihnna@dA

baylee
Aurelia</style>

It was quick they came. Or he came. As if he had caught the gentle waft of pungent hobo smell, or something. Had he only happened upon her beautiful body by coincidence, or had he known all along she was here. Was she the sheep to coyote? "Are these machines not directly on the border? I have yet to pass them, but yes, some say I'm rather bold. A curse and a blessing, from what I've understood." She finishes her sentence and silence drones through the air. Her inverted pupils stare straight at him, but they are not unafraid. In fact, they host a slight amount of fear. Will the stallion notice the trace amount of fear? Afterall, she fears racists.

"I've come to find the Queen and King. I wish to speak with them. Would you happen to be the king?" She inquired curiously, interested in what the answer might be. "I am Arete." She says without hesitation, not taking but a second to switch her name. The white looks at the bitch next to his side. The white animal has it's lip curled, as if snarling at her. The dancing image of Shilva floats in her head, but she is not surprised by this. Every time she sees a companion, she thinks of the copper scaled snake. The stallion looked over at the dog, and Aurelia knew they were talking through their bond. The only issue is, what are they talking about? They could easily be talking about different ways to murder her, right? Oh, if only they knew that Aurelia could pack a hot punch if needed to.

talk talk talk talk

image credits

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
The Reaper, solidified maelstrom and contorted behemoth, maneuvered amongst the outskirts with the shadows, with the murk, with the brazen, stoic interludes of Frostfall’s entropy. Like a bow, strung taut and yearning, eager, for the opportunity to wreak havoc, lay waste amidst the measures of peace and deliverance, craving, demanding, urging the blackguard, barbed bits of destruction, he stole across the wide expanse of snow and valleys. In some redundant, witless sentiment, another soul had stepped near their borders, and the temptation, the enticement, of luring damnation and demise into their sector goaded him onward – a fiendish whisper, a hostile breeze, an alluring carnivore predilection carved, molded, sculpted into the unrelenting pace of his stride. He remembered all the others as if they were merely yesterday and not seasons long since past: the idiotic pegasi and their emboldened venture, ultimately leading to bleached bones and stolen wings, the vacant-minded wolves and their fervent display of audacity only leading them to slaughter; the brutal machinations of twisted, torn, forlorn souls beseeched by curiosity and massacred in their ignorance. The faces changed, but the idiocy and imprudence did not – eternally wrapped in the same, undaunted shade of moronic ventures and imbecile delusions, daring to peek into their world, curiosity melding into cosmic adventures, ending in the barren fuselage of a broken, embittered body. While they rarely stepped into the fold of other herds, at least without a goal in mind (war, bloodshed, emissary debuts), they were not often rewarded the alike courtesy: the bold and the brave spent their wayward days climbing up the mountain peaks, closing in on winter expanse, and then being beaten, scolded, scorched, by the merciless harpoons they harbored within. The Lord, Deimos, with his severe, indifferent frame, with his devilish prowess, with his infidel schemes and Machiavellian calculations, would brandish his knife again and again; each time they came, his rapier would be extended towards their throats.

He was not the first to arrive. His visage held none of his disappointment, void of emotion except the pernicious nonchalance of his piercing features: at the very least, if there were to be witnesses to ichor and ruination, Deodat would be a trustworthy participant. The eldritch titan’s stare riveted upon the Corporal for an instant, bestowing a gratified nod, for he’d guarded his home, locked eyes with a potential enemy, a foolish wanderer. Moments later, amidst the intimidating juncture of his poisonous, treacherous countenance, he studied, considered, examined the prospective intruder, her ivory wings, her gilded markings, her fatuous, inane stature. How long would it take to tear her apart, feather-by-feather? The only words he heard her utter across the icy vestiges was her request, and by their standards, unfortunately, he could not launch and shove his sword into her chest. Perhaps in a later instant, if she goaded, if she wished, if she yearned for the touch, the taste, the relish of anarchy, he could provide the villainous venue. For now, he had to adhere to their compacts and covenants, and stoked the fire of his deep vocals, allowing the fierce friction, the ferocious bedlam, to soak and sear across the frozen earth. “I am the King.” He paused, the puncturing shade of his dangerous figure staring upon the winged femme who stood amidst the sentinels, waiting for one idiotic moment where she slipped beneath its eyes and felt the languishing bridge of pain, of chaos, of collapse and disorder. “What do you require?”
Death, you bring death, and destruction to all that you touch.
- bg - table - art -

Déodat narrowed his eyes as the mare proceeded to open her mouth further. Who was she to question whether she trespassed or not? Who was she to tell him where the borders were? The Blood Prince knew this mountain like a man knew the curves of his lover’s body. For seasons he had patrolled it and guarded it like the treasure it was. This mare would pay for her insolence and would know the fury of the Basin’s Corporal. He would cut her tongue from her mouth and clip those dainty wings. The fire that burned through his veins was only visible in the blue of his eyes and the smallest twitches of his muscles. He wouldn’t give the little whore the satisfaction of his rage.

“To trigger the Sentinels means to trespass. Don’t tell me where my herd’s borders are!” Déodat growled, his voice laced with hatred. He listened to the mare declare her boldness and he threw his head back and gave out a long cold laugh. The hound at his side made no movement, she simply stared at the Pegasus viewing her but as a threat to the fragile girls that lay within the icy walls. Déodat caught the concern for his daughters. Both flashed into his mind and for a split second he pondered what they would see in that moment. Would Arya declare him a tyrant like from her stories? Would Mira cringe in fear of the man he was? Or would they see a stalwart hero protecting his home? It wouldn’t matter in the end. They wouldn’t see for he wouldn’t let them. “I would not call you bold. Foolish is me suiting for the likes of you.”

He wouldn’t be the only one watching the sanctity of the Basin. Along came a figure that would radiate more fear into any mortal’s heart than the Blood Prince could on his own. In walked the Reaper, the lord and rightful ruler over his frozen home. Déodat gave a slight nod in respect to the Lord as he spoke to the Pegasus. “Now is your time Little Bird, speak your case.” In silence he hoped for trouble. Odette lowered her lips but kept both hackles raised with her eyes focused in on the mare before her. He could already envision all kinds of games he could ‘play’ with this monstrosity.

”Attack now?” Odette looked at him with an odd eagerness in her eyes. Again Déodat shook his head. Their game was only beginning.

talk talk talk

Déodat & Odette
</style>

Image Credits
con by aihnna@dA

Beowulf Posts: 48
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18Hh :: 8 winters HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Mykah :: Canadian Lynx :: None Eaglecry

He hadn't been home for just two blinks and already there was some kind of commotion going on near the entrance. Was it those machines? had someone tried to enter? Glancing down to Mykah; whom also seemed to sense something. They both shared a look. In sync the pair changed their direction, heading back on themselves and towards the voices that lingered as whispers upon the chilling wind.
Never before had he really been that interested in others entering their herd lands, for it technically wasn't his job to do so. Though he did tend to the outer boarders in the mountains, distracting those from coming too close I guess. However since he was becoming close with his family, a wave of curiosity struck the Beast. Nothing interesting had happened in his life thus far, perhaps now was the chance to change that.
Mykah stuck close to his side as they neared, his keen orbs able to pull out the shapes of two; One he knew as the lead stag and the other he did not. But the one they seemed intent on, he knew her. Maybe not well enough but he did and he suddenly felt the urge to somehow protect her without disobeying his herd. But first he needed to find out what was going down.
He strode up to the party with a slight confidence in his step, worming his way between the two unicorns and standing close to the winged goddess. Perhaps he had been a little rude in his entrance. "Go home" he interrupted, hoping that she would see some sense in this matter and it didn't make him look so bad with the rest of his herd. Almost but forgetting his manors, he turned his head and bow in Deimos' direction, hoping he would excuse his rude behavior.
He'd just managed to catch the words of the muddy coloured as he'd barged his way in. Hoping that she had good reason to be here. Silently wishing she'd just leave. He didn't want drama, Being the third wheel and stuck in the middle of something he wasn't even quite sure of. He had no way to protect himself, nor did he know how. The last thing he wanted was for a fight to break out. He may have been the biggest there, but with his lack of fighting he would be easy pray.
Mykah had seemed to stop further back, too shy to move past the dog, to her it was an enemy, she was a cat, he a dog. Arching her back she hissed towards him with a nervous stance.
blah blah blahblah blah blah blahblah
[[OOC: Wow he was rude o.o thats not like him]]

Image Credits
[Image: beoicon_by_eagle_cry_designs-da14rlt.png][Image: 53377b251b35e]
*Please tag me in all posts. *Permission granted to cause bodily harm, use magic ect upon me. With the exception of death

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

The golden son’s vacation in the Basin was not exactly welcomed. Soon the festival would be over though and he could return to the south. A cold northern wind blew off the steepe and up behind him, sending shivers down his dorsal stripped back. Tossing the twin horns up and back those earth eyes glare at the northern mountains. Winter was near here, it was sure enough time to go. Snorting as if to sneer at the gold had of nature the gold turns away to return to pawing for the tundra grasses hidden under the light dusting of snow. Not before a white and gold flash catches his eyes. Out of curiosity the gold looks towards the entrance of the Basin. He was beginning to know those who wandered here, but this one was not known. Earth eyes narrow in as the creature looks up at their sentinel. Oh wait. A bold faced smile washes over him, and tasseled tail slashes out like a happy dog. Oh he knows this girl, and she is most certainly not of the Basin.

A quick beat canter rolls the gold across the valley floor and slows as he joins the gather group. He was just in time to hear slip from her lips her name. Or rather, the name she gave, Arete. Oh how it took all his skill to keep from laughing out at this girls pose. Instead the golden trots gingerly a few lengths to the side of his party and stops. Twin horns held high as he looks pleasantly at the crème and gold bird. Even the fact that the damned Reaper was here could not trump his high, nor the curiosity of the giant hairball next to him. Deodat he knew from their spar, but that even could not draw him away. He was just too intent on discovering what new trouble the girl was brewing. The only reveal of this was the flashing gold flecked in his eyes, and that constantly flicking tail, like a cat waiting to pounce.

Not yet though. No, he would toss her under the bus to be sure, but the gold wanted to know precisely why the girl was here. Why was she using a fake name. The gold would get the answers first then toss her under the bus. “Now, now, she has not wronged us…yet.” A smile lifts slightly. “I haven’t heard of Arete before though…” She would certainly remember him as the golden man on the isle who spoke of the evils of the Basin. To be jumping that role was indeed, a brash action, but the golden man was just too thrilled to have this drama bird at the Basin’s door. Honestly it’s more than he could hope for. It did take a moment though for the golden to remember exactly what he knew of the girl. First, she had run from the Edge after being captured by the Falls, and had taken refuge in the Throat. More importantly, she had burned the Falls. Apparently quite a number of them. Gold body shifted with readiness. Burns were not really his fashion style. Oh but wouldn’t Deimos look lovely with a few? Oh this was just too good to be true.

OOC :: He's just having too much fun.
"speech"

Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

baylee
Aurelia</style>

A dark figure quickly joins the red and white stallion in a miniature interrogation. He is the King, his stare colder, his horn longer, and presence ten times more demanding than the doe-eyed fool next to him. Despite all of that, he is so fine. If this had been some run-of-the-mill stallion, she would've answered his question, but she was caught speechless. When the bi-colored mule next to the dark night began to speak, she was snapped back to the moment, forced to endure every frightening moment of this conversation. She knew her demise was ahead. She was to be stabbed to death, her guts ripped from her ivory hide. "I, uh..." There was a slight moment of silence, the original stallion taking the chance to speak up, cutting the girl off.

He called her little bird, told her to speak up. "That's what I'm trying to do." Before she continued, another joined them. The third to the party was a stallion who'd she'd met before. He was a behemoth monster compared to the little pegasus, yet his presence did not frighten her, but it made her worry about the others. He told her to go home, and she stepped backwards, away from the three. If they had any knowledge whatsoever, they would know the girl was frightened, a moment from fleeing away.

As she takes, yet another, step back, the golden goat joins them. The goat was the one her told her of their racism, and she felt betrayed to see him here. Why hadn't she fried his ass then and there? Perhaps it was a good idea to keep her magic hidden. The horses of the snow would hate to know a pesky, fire, skyrat had entered their realms. "I'm Arete." She said firmly to him, as she took another step away from them. Three steps? Would they know she would turn and flee within a minute? She knew if she were to stay a moment longer, she would become the leader and bi-colored stallion's punch bag, the big blue's project in some way, and a thing for the goat to verbally abuse. She was used to being beaten, but verbal abuse was the worst. Would this become obvious soon?

talk talk talk talk

image credits

Heather
He waited, unmoving, statuesque depravity, the abysmal, embodiment of Satan’s gifts and Lucifer’s tactics, a chilling opus drawn and fused into the rebellious boundaries. The silence stretched and the crowd gathered (the massive Beowulf, and another pest entering the fray; gilded Thranduil), and the reasons for her ineptitude, for her persistence in remaining amongst those who did not want her went unanswered. For a few moments, he merely stared at her, marveled and in awe of her rampant stupidity, of her blundering stitches, of her inability to utter a single, decent explanation – and then the frustration grew. Was this a game, to tangle attention from the likes of many, to dot the horizon with those who’d come to witness her poor attempt at communication, at her imbecile methods and movements; a study in ignorance, an education in idiocy? Was this a childish exposition, a method of travel and curiosity, unfounded and moronic? Or was this all some ruse, a ploy, to distract them from other endeavors, entanglements, or enemies brooding and brewing in the limelight? The Reaper’s eyes narrowed, and his overwhelming stature spurned and spun the layers and lacquer of sinister, nefarious designs, tending to the notions and actions necessary to ensure the mare left, whole or quartered. The impassive, stoic glare fixated solely on the winged femme, with her unworldly demeanor and foolish remarks, and picked apart the granules of his deep tones, offered her one more opportunity to state her case, her reasoning for traipsing into their Siberian void, for donning her form beneath the blades of their sentinels, of their drawn swords. “I will ask only once more: what is your purpose here?” A rare bestowal rendered and given, but he didn’t partake or describe the damned, floundered sentiments of those who’d refused to give chase, to respond accordingly, who’d refused to go back from whence they’d came: after all, the beast, the behemoth, the Lord and winter King was always content with violence, with villainy, with cutting and splitting apart the ineffectual.
- bg - table - art -

Déodat watched as others gathered about to join in, but he paid them little mind. His focus was upon the golden dappled mare before him. He kept both ears against his skull and the fire within him only began to burn brighter as the golden man spoke. The Blood Prince shot him a look that bore the hatred burning beneath his skin. Now was not the time for yammering fools. If the golden one bore title of soldier Déodat would be sorely concerned. His focus returned to the golden whore as she stumbled about her words like a bumbling idiot. There was no point in even gracing her foolishness with harsh words, he simply rolled his eyes.

The Reaper king threw out one last threat. Déodat noted the way the little bird retreated backward. So, she thought that she could waltz into their land and turn tail when she met trouble. This skyrat was facing something more than she could comprehend. Yet, the Blood Prince wouldn’t let an opportunity for battle to slip through his grasp. He took a step forward as wicked thoughts struck through his mind. It was time that the winged ones knew their place. There had been times he had seen the brutality of war and witnessed the cruelty displayed toward those unfortunate enough to fall into captivity. Once he had ruled over many others and he would subjugate this little bird, clip her wings, and ensure that she knew the severity of her crimes against his people.

Fight? Odette asked her eyes locking with his. He finally gave the slow nod. The witch bitch released a loud snarl and raised both hackles and stepped toward the golden mare. Their game of war was only beginning.

[continues into a challenge here ]
talk talk talk

Déodat & Odette
</style>

Image Credits
con by aihnna@dA

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

For being so cold in this damn this far north it was sure getting hot in this small grouping. The golden son though takes it all in stride. However much he tries to hide such utter happiness the golden can not help but grin wider. Oh how much he wanted to counter her there, to speak his piece there. To see her face fall and the truth spawn chaos among the gathering, but the golden knew better. He knew to wait, as a cat does for its prey. To watch for it to reveal its blindnesses, and truths. So he waits while the damned Reaper questions her again. Tassled tail lashes out more fiercely, body pressing more forward, waiting. The girl steps back unsure and like the painted blood bay he steps forward, the natural pull of prey. Only, for each a prey of a different purpose. It was all going so well, then it all feel apart.

Harks pin as ice kicks up beside him, and head tosses high in surprise. Earth eyes narrow in growing anger, what the FUCK was that stupid creature doing!? The blood bay, who had been so calm in their spar becomes a quick match to set the others ablaze. The golden son was shocked into silence, a bitter silence. Jaw grinded together, and teeth bared. Perhaps it may look like they aimed to her, but truly it was to the man of his own allegiance. Or supposed to be anyway. More at the moment it seemed the rash actions had squandered any possible attempts to pull from her, her purpose here. A golden fore limb strikes out as he challenges her freedom. It is not all ruined though. The fire bird slips out low, a name. Mauja. The gold calms, satisfied to have at least his answer, even if the blood bay was calling disaster upon himself. Would the gold warn his fellow heard mate of the firey pain that awaited him? No, the stupid idiot deserved it.

I never comes though. The golden man now turns his anger to Aurelia. She was joking right. The girl was giving in? A snort rung through the gold as he shakes his head. This was ridiculous. Nothing was going as it should now. Not only had the golden’s plan be broken, but he knew not who she sought, and none of those who he despised in this gathering were laying on the ice in black, bloody blisters. Damn. It was her fault of course. Of all the times for the fire bird’s drama prone self to release to a peaceful settlement, why did it have to be now. Stomping as the blood bay claimed her the gold turned away from them. He would have nothing more to do with this waste of time. Seeing the hairy mammoth of a horse move off, while the damned Reaper stayed, the golden paused.

It was not that he liked Deimos. In fact, the golden hated that black heart more than any he’d yet faced. The only thing that protected that creature was his lady, and knowing what powers that blue tipped horn carried. So when the golden pondered what he could say, it was not out of loyalty which he spoke. “If she is to remain here at least call her by her true name, Aurelia.” More so he spoke in order to rid himself of the glare he felt the black devil give every time they crossed each other. It was one thing to disrespect the golden, it was quite another to questions his talents. “She is wanted for trial in her old homeland the Edge for her crimes against their allies in the Falls, challenging their lead, and escape.” It was a very matter of fact tone, said flatly with little interest, but the golden was more invested inside than that. Here at least the gold could figuratively slap that black lead for his misjudgment of the golden man’s worth. As he begin to move away the golden pauses…and looks back. It was more out of a desire to have the last laugh than care for those who would guard her. “Oh, and take care, I hear her burns have a rather nasty bite.” A low chuckle rumbles through him, and the golden sets off at a swinging trot, wanting nothing more to do with his stolen fun.

OOC :: Permission/Accepted Request to show Beowulf walking away.
"speech"

Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

baylee
Aurelia</style>

The name, no, my name is spoken, but doesn't the goat realize I am no longer Aurelia? Why won't he let this change happen? I just laugh at him, at all of them. They've brought me into their homes as quick as a cheetah runs. My cackle rips through the air, my moment of sanity long gone. As the large stallion walks away, my gaze is stuck on him only for a second. I would find him later. He could be of good use... You speak in strange riddles, Goat-boy. For I am not Aurelia." He tells them all my secrets. He tells them of my past, and even of my fire. Does he not want to see them burn? Does he not want me to sing their fur, make them ash? With that know-it-all personality, I'd gladly sink my teeth into his skin and drag him into ground. I'd make him fall. I'd make him respect me. He turns and leaves, just as the blue stallion had.

I rested my hind hoof on a tip, waiting for some sort of instruction. Would they let me just sit here, or send me to do tasks? Oh, how I loved tasks. I could steal horses for them, burn enemies, I could terrorize herds. Though I am not the best warrior, I could learn. "What shall I do now?" I asked him, curious for an answer. A moment ago, I had been defiant, but now... I was submissive. Ready to strike who he said to strike.

She idly wondered if they would send her to their medic and crafter. Have them rip off her wings and shove a horn into her head. It might possibly be nice to be able to impale enemies. I'd always thought wings were kind of useless, but equines were far more useless. They couldn't fly, nor stab. What good are they?

talk talk talk talk

image credits

[/quote]

Heather
The level of insolence and presumption surged and flared; no sooner had he demanded her reasons did the Corporal challenge her – not to leave, but to stay, embarking down futile rings and flailing ineptitude, and the flowing, thickening barbs of fury swam over his frame. Were he not a specimen, an epitome, of control and restraint, the knots of his sedition would have garroted Deodat, instead, his puncturing stare resonated upon the folly of the fool’s inability to discern reason and fortitude. He didn’t want threats to linger within their walls, he wanted them gone, vanquished, vanished, torn asunder, shorn to ribbons, bones bleached by the sun, hidden beneath the ice, crushed into violent, spoiled fragments, indiscernible dust in the freezing hold: yet, the Corporal had managed to not only override the notion, but he wanted to keep her in their land. For what reason? To what end? Molten, ignited, kindled, the monstrous infidel strung his silent thorns towards the painted idiot, allowed the simmer, the sear, the incantations of his anger to draw near, pervade, surround, only pausing in his disquiet, in his ferocity, in his building crescendo of disapproval and irreverence, to cast one ear towards the wagging tongue of Thranduil. Oddly enough, amongst the gathered, he was the only one who provided anything remotely useful into the ridiculous antics and frantic capriciousness, and he swerved his cranium to regard him in deep speculation, calm and compose the lighted fuse burning in his veins. If he spun any truth, because he didn’t trust the gilded beast, the sentiments were absorbed, snagged, and snarled: Aurelia, on trial in the Edge, capable of burns (and he thought of his home catching on fire, pines and tundra tipped into embers, cinders, and ash; glaciers melting and fumbling, of their members suddenly subjugated to unwinding bits of coiled, serpent interludes because of one moron and his inability to think beyond his irrational calculations). The Lord, the Reaper, the Siberian sovereign, tipped his head towards Thranduil’s retreating form, the only form of respect he could currently bestow, before meshing his ultimatum amongst the world. Rough, built, languished, and layered on abhorrence and loathing, the bestial beat, the savage whispers, the corporeal threat, the satanic opus, of his rapier tones meant brutality, meant promises, meant convictions and creeds – he’d adhere to them even if they couldn’t. “Enough nonsense. One false move, Corporal, and she will be given to the Edge.” If Deodat had no ability to control the femme from burning their palace down, Deimos would.
- bg - table - art -