the Rift

Life, it has just begun.

Cerin Posts: 45
Hidden Account atk: 4.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17 Hands :: Three (Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Klare
Scarecrow

There is something to be said for me not yet going crazy, I should get an award.

I know it wasn't mommy's fault for chasing me off, we both knew it was Daddy's. But that still didn't keep me from feeling a little bitter about the whole situation. I just don't understand why daddy could not see the good in me. Mommy saw it, but why not daddy? I couldn't harm anyone. In fact, wasn't it more like his fault for giving me his genies or something? Nothing can be perfect though, and it seemed that my herd wasn't the only one that didn't like me. Everyone who touched me was afraid. They didn't understand why I could get into their minds, or why I could create these scenes. I tried not to make them scary, but I can't help it! I get scared, and I don't know how to control it yet!

But mommy knew, and now mommy wasn't here to explain. The only way I could communicate now, was with this little token of her love for me. It swung awkwardly far beneath my neck, as I had yet to grow into it. The rough, coarse straw sometimes poked my chest, but it became my namesake. No one knows me as Cerin, they all know me as Scarecrow. I want to be known as Cerin the Great, but I am Scarecrow. Just Scarecrow.

Usually I could stay in a place for a few weeks, but sooner or later I was required to make contact with someone. They freaked out, and then I, Scarecrow, was sent on my way. I can't settle down, it seems impossible.

So the repetitive motion led me to another land. This on was far from my old herd, a couple moons travel, that was for sure. I was "grown" now, almost a man but not quite. My body was growing, but had yet to bulk for fill out, and I was still in desperate need of guidance.

Gangly legs finally came to a stop in a wooded land. Trees towered above, and already the thoughts were spinning. Monsters of epic proportions were waiting on the trees above. They were shadowy figures, resembling the body of a werewolf. Teeth flashed in the fading day, glinting off the last light of the day. The red eyes were even trained on me! I yelped, backing up to the side of a large pine, it creaked and quaked as I hit it with a little more force than intended. Was there a home? That is what I came for. If not, I would be leaving soon.

[ooc;// Cerin is open for anyone, though he is mute, and if you were to touch him in the reply, you would see the monsters in the trees. Otherwise, Cerin looks oddly scared. xD]

these words are all we have
Image Credit

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily
Merida
Chase the Wind and Touch the Sky

I don't know why we are here, but Miles seems determined to come here. I have told him about this place often, as it was in these woods that I found the orb that held him. It had taken us most of the day to get here, mostly because Miles would keep bounding off and getting lost along the way. The sunlight was fading away, leaving nothing but the darkness. My frame visibly shook for a mere moment, thinking of the state of Helovia when I first arrived. The darkness had been everywhere, and we all had stayed safe underground.

Else here. I nearly screamed at the sound of Miles speaking in my mind again. I am not used to this yet. I throw him a pointed look but he is already dashing off. I sigh Will you stop scaring me like that? No answer, of course. It did not take long to see what he had meant. A colt not much younger than me, stood frozen in fright in the woods. I look around, not seeing anything to be afraid of. I step close, reaching out to reassure the younger one. I leave it up to him as to if he will accept the touch or not. My green eyes are locked on him, concern for him and for myself. What if he sees danger that I do not yet see? Miles, reading my thoughts again as usual springs into action darting around looking for anything that could hurt us or our new possible friend. I speak finally, keeping my tone calm. "Are you alright? I am Merida, of the World's Edge herd. What should call you?" Miles darts back and climbs my shoulders to the top of my head. I will never understand how he moved on my frame so easily, other than he's been doing it since he was a pup.

Miles then moves to the top of my head, taking his usual perch between my ears. "Oh, he's Miles. Don't mind him he won't hurt you. He's my little brother. I found his orb right here in these woods."

"talk talk"

@[Cerin] - wasn't sure if you would want to be tagged

x - x

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Mists generate from each breath, twisting within one another in tangles before breaking apart into freedom where they fade like a flame becoming ashes that blow out in the wind. Ice thinly sheets the southern lands, and while I'd left, the snow and cold air gathered more in the early stages of Frostfall. I was older, but didn't feel it. I was the same as always in appearance, low set head with a blue horn glowing in rising darkness, temporarily accompanied by the white, sparkling illumination of the flowers and vines braided into my tail and made to a crown. I didn't let my disappointment of Ryn's presence at the party get to me. There would be times later on to see them.
Quiet, still air haunts the threshold, the usual vagabonds and nomads seeking permanent, or at least semi-permanent settlement, have slowed their journey into the land. Frostfall strives to push away all life.
The trees speak with the distant conversations made almost inaudible whispers. Members from herds and outcast bands wear down paths through the underbrush, pushing always brambles, ferns, bushes, and tall grasses to make their way to the new. My lips sow themself shut, drawn together to keep quiet in what has become my typical personal broadcast. A male and female stand together, the female speaks while declaring herself Merida, but my introvert lifestyle keeps me from speaking just yet.
I refuse to stand with them, keeping a few yards between me and them. Pale blue eyes can't pull themselves off their existence when my heart preaches worry to my brain who falls prey to the clergy. "Sikeax, from the Dragon's throat."
They pull apart with that feeling that makes you think if you held them together for too long, then they'd never open again with incision, held together by aged glue whose strength is falling with the gaining of minutes added to it's life time.

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Klare
Scarecrow

The sounds that filled the forest were harmonious, although in stark contrast to what his eyes fell upon. The teeth dripped with venom, the shadow figures laughing at his fear. They were the very reincarnation of all of his fears. Though, they suddenly ran, as the sound of another grew stronger and stronger.

Cerin turned his head, as he became face to face with a filly. She was much larger, but still young. Maybe she had a few years on him, or maybe she was just born large. Cerin's eyes suddenly blinked, before focusing on what the girl had said. Her name was Merida, and the thing on the top of her head was Miles. It was a cute name. But, she has yet to figure out that he has no voice. He simply cannot explain.

Another arrives not soon after- this one too a filly. Her name is Sikeax, and she is also young. Cerin began to wonder, where were all the moms and dads? Were there no parents here? He believed such a thought to be stupid, but, he could not ask to find out. So, from his observations he can only assume that children will be without their parents here.

In silence, he looks between the two, before returning to the worlds go-to naming ceremony. He puts his soft, rusty nose beneath the leather-chained scarecrow. Carefully, he balances the pointy straw on his nose, and looks at the two. This is his quiet, subtle signal- he is Scarecrow.

[ooc;// tag please, yes. And excuse the different writings, trying to fit him in nicely. :3
@[Merida]]

Image Credit

Merida Posts: 49
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3 :: Three Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Miles :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Emily
Merida
Chase the Wind and Touch the Sky

Another arrived shortly after we did. Miles looked at her, sizing her up. She was my age, maybe a few months older than I am. She introduces herself as Sikeax, from the Dragon's Throat. That must be other of the other herds. I do not know much about the other herds, just my own. After all, I wandered as an outcast at first. At least until Miles had hatched. Only then, knowing I needed protection while we both grew up did I seek a home. The colt stays quiet, only bobbing his head at the strange thing around his neck. Miles seemed to pick up on his gesture, and guesses whatever the thing is must be the colt's name. I however realize he can not speak. My eyes soften slightly, as I realize how lucky I am to have a voice.

To say the colt was not cute, would be an understatement. However I am unsure how I will explain his not being able to speak to Kahlua or anyone else in the herd. I do want to try though. I really want him to come home with me. "Nice to meet you both." I try to include the other young mare, but I really don't care about her right now. My main focus is on the colt.

I think quickly, knowing the other mare would be trying to take him home to the Throat, wherever that is. "So, to be honest I haven't been back here since I arrived in Helovia... Which is the land you are in now. So I will tell you what little I do know.... There are several herds, World's Edge and Dragon's Throat being two of them.... I think the herds are kind of spread out, because i've only ever been to one which is the Edge. The World's Edge herd is on a cliff, which is how it got it's name." I pause for a moment before going on. "It's cold, especially this time of year. But some of the others have companions different from Miles who can breathe fire. They have lit different controlled fires around the herd to help keep us all warm. Other than that, it's beautiful. Like no place I have ever seen before... You're welcome to come with me to check it out for yourself... If you like it i'm positive you would be welcome to stay." I add that last part quickly, trying to invite him home without making it seem like I am. After all, I want him to live with us. I want to get to know this colt who can not speak for himself.

"talk talk"

x - x

Please Tag Merida in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Merida at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

I listen to her speak, politely listening while my eyes linger on her. The boy adds a tug of sorrow on my heart, frowning when he lifts the doll. It's unintentional, and when I do see it's rude, I'm fast to toss it away. Merida takes a breather, and I slip in to add my two bits.
"Scarecrow?" It's not an easy one, but the word is something She taught me in the past, something they didn't have here but could be learned when you were wandering long enough. Her presence near whatever they were came with stories I didn't understand, when at the time I absorbed them like I greedily nursed off warm milk and it's nutrients.
The conversation shifts towards fire-breathing companions. A giggle is stifled, reminded of the antics of Resplendence's small dragon. Merida finally falls quiet, and I'm left to stand there with a bad cause of stage fright. I can survive speaking before larger groups, but this is different. There are no witnesses to an evil deed, while I doubt either of them could pull it off.
"The Edge is very nice; I went there last season to deliver herbs. The Dragon's Throat is along the sea, a desert with a lake in the middle. It's like paradise: it's never too cold in Frostfall, and the rest of the year is reasonable, except for a few sunburns if you go about in the day during Tallsun." Memories of last Tallsun's agonizing sunburns bring out a cringe. I shouldn't of made it, but it gives a good idea of how I feel towards it. "I can offer a home as well. The Throat is small, but we're very close knit with one another."
This time, I step up closer to them, silencing myself as I do so.

@[Cerin]

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Klare
Scarecrow

As both the fillies spoke, the creatures in the trees began to run away. Maybe they were actually good fillies, maybe they didn't mean harm. Cerin's eyes were diverted only for a moment, while they both puzzled over the name of him. Of course they all resorted to the usual; scarecrow. Good thing they understood. He turns back, and bobs his head in agreement. For now, he'd be safe to wander the shadows of these herds they hail from.

The painted filly speaks first; she belongs to the edge. The way she talks makes it seem like an expansive place. Companions, fire, warmth, those things sounded comforting right now; but one line he stuck on him, "they control the fires". How are horses supposed to control fires without a lot of manpower? Cerin, with a calm face on the outside, was starting to be fearful. Were both these places so populated? He wanted a herd, but certainly not one that keeps a lot of horses, horses meant quicker window for being discovered.

However, the pale filly speaks. Her words or few, but key. The Throat is small but tight-knit. That is all he needs to hear. Carefully, he steps towards Sikeax as she moves closer. His eyes flit to Meridia, whom he feels terrible for leaving. His legs curls gently down, as he lowers his muzzle to the ground in a bow, careful to not touch the two girls. His bow is out of respect; he learned in quickly in his wanderings. Being both a slave-child, a hideaway, and a captive, he's learned a lot in the ways of "proper" etiquette.

As he stands from the bow, his gaze turns to Sikeax, and offers a small bob of his head. It's his signal that he would like to follow. If this "small herd" proved to be false, then he stored it in his memory to find the Edge. Maybe they would accept him and hide him then. Cerin is not meant for the day, Cerin is meant for the shadows, to work silently.

@[Merida]
[Should Cerin request to be an outcast to post in the Throat?]

Image Credit