the Rift

[OPEN] Kyoshi Wouldn't Flinch; Neither Will I

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I remember the last time I had come here—back when Jiji was still a part of my life, something other than a deep, dark, secret memory that made me cringe with shame whenever it found its way into the forefront of my mind. It was…um…it was foggy the last time I was here, and I couldn’t see that there was an entire freaking glass wall erected around whatever herdland I had skated by so closely. It was different now, though; the sun was out, even though the pale sun wasn’t doing its part to bring any kind of warmth (shit was cold), and a ruined glass barricade was plainly visible, the heatless sunrays gleaming off of jagged broken edges and the gracefully carved craftsmanship of the intact sections. The air was still salty, though, even with a blue sky; I could still feel faint traces of sand in the hard-packed dirt as I walked up to the sea-side kingdom. I guess you could say that it was only slightly shitty here instead of at the actual beach.

Let’s see….yeah, the last time I was here was with Jiji and some other guys—yeah! This one really snarky asshole and this other girl who was probably part dragon—probably—and they kinda met us here and I was kinda a jerk (oops) and Jiji was trying to mediate between my bullheadedness and their….um, otherness. Whatever they were doing, I dunno. Looking back on it, I forgot why I had so much of an attitude (something about this present I had given Jiji? Jeez, does it even matter now?) and I was chewing on the idea of maybe-sorta-kinda apologizing for my jerkishness. Not because I thought I had be wrong (I was probably right to be mad for whatever reason; people are dumb) but because there was bigger shit going on than petty anger for stupid (legitimate) reasons. My perspective was shifted a little; I guess the huge-ass fan of the universe was blocking my view on a lot of matters.

So they can just wait a moment.

I stopped in front of the wall, looking into the glass at the indistinct shapes that I could vaguely see through it, looking without really seeing what I was looking at. I was thinking too hard; Pa had given me some sorta ability and it had been horrible the first time he had shown me how to use it, but I needed to get over that and use it now. But I wasn’t sure how to use it; hell, I wasn’t even sure if this was the right place, the “World’s Edge” or whatever (Hadn’t the dragon girl used that name? Maybe, I dunno; I had been too pissed at the time to commit it to memory) where the Moon Goddess was supposed to reside. This…this was just the place where my feet had taken me—guess Pa hadn’t been lying when he said he’d give me a hand. Whatever. Thanks, Pa (you creep).

I sighed and shook my head back and forth a little, shrugging my shoulders, pumping myself up. Whatever, whatever, gotta get my game face on. Time to work; Pa would probably help if I needed it.

I closed my eyes.

@[Random Event]

(Please allow the RE to post first if you'd like to join!)

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Images began to move around in your head, images that were not yours. They raced around from when the wall was built by Mirage and her kin, a black mare with a gold dragon. Her disappearance. Kaj and Kahlua's rise to power. A herd meeting, arguments, the wall being removed panel by panel until it all just stopped again. The images stopped, and here you stood.

The wall you once breathed on was gone. You had seen the past yes, but for some reason, you were also transported just a few days into the future. A thick mist swirled around you, blocking vision into the herd with its black, smokey density.

"Child of spark..." it whispered softly. "What are you expecting to see here?" A giggling laughter followed before the mist disappeared entirely, taunting. None of the memories were anything particularly unusual, just the normal herd happenings here and there.

But you were standing here now, days in the future, time lost.

There was this nagging feeling in the back of your mind that something else had gone terribly, terribly wrong.

@[Roskuld]