the Rift

[OPEN] Missing the sun
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

The hard earth is littered with frost, dark timber had fallen into a dormant slumber. They slept through our winter, their sickly branches resembled skeletons that were clawing toward heaven with open fingers. I rose early, my breath a stagnant mist in the still Frostfall air. Bottomless eyes drift toward a silent sky. It was cold here and quiet. Unnaturally quiet. Fina is perched on a branch above our egg. She stirs for only a moment, peeking one eye above flaming feathers to see me move away before falling asleep once more.

Our sun is still hidden behind the horizon, a few remaining stars glittered with their cold distant light. It was such a lonely glow. I frown and move from beneath the awning of a large pine, it is among the other evergreens that still flourished some color in this blue, black place. An egg is nestled against the base of this tree. Surrounded by soft things I’d thought to gather before winter came. Being a creature of snow and ice it seemed perfectly content in this weather though.

I should be snagging these quiet moments for extra sleep. My brain is full of troubles that prevent me from relaxing; among them are the realization that Seele has vanished. She no longer responds to my call and her sleuths, my sleuths, have seen or heard nothing of their masked lead since late Orangemoon. Questions rise in my heart, but there are no answers and prayers rise without response.
Again I’ve been left to lead alone.
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
Kiara

FrostFall has arrived, and with it comes the bitter cold that the Earth Medic can't stand. She huddles with her bonded, trying to stay warm. Tonight however, she just can't seem to settle down. She paces back and forth, to much on her mind. Her twins were gone, growing up all to fast. Kreiger, was dead. She was partly to blame, but at the same time she could not control Keiran's actions. Not when the chance to seek revenge had been right in front of him. The panther yowled, worried for his pacing red roan. It was Keiran who stood and left his bond's side for a few moments, seeking out someone for the young mare to talk to. Someone she could trust.

It did not take him long to find the Gallant. He stopped short, not wanting to scare the Czar or his flaming bonded. Kiara however had noticed her bonded leaving her side and followed. When he stopped near Midas, Kiara hesitated. She did not know her Czar very well. She had barely known her Czarina, but even the pale faced leader had been missing for quiet some time. Her body trembled, remembering all to well the last two times she had met with a stallion under the cover of night. Malachi, her first born had come of the first time.. Zünden and Adelric had come of the second... Surely however her Czar would not harm her, right? Keiran yowled at that moment, knowing all this fear and doubt needed to be settled. Who better than to settle it with then her leader. Keiran hush! She slowly started to back away, hoping that her painted leader would not see her. She was exhausted from a night of little sleep however and failed to see the broken limb behind her. CRACK! The sound cut through the early morning, and the red roan froze.

"Talking"

@[Midas]

quote quote quote quote quote
Image Credit

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Kirah Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The sun will rise again.

The pale lady trotted through the trees of the falls. Her mind still lingered on the day she crossed through the waterfall, a glorious day indeed! A snort came from her snowy nostrils, dragon's breathe decorating the air around her face. The temperature had begun to drop in the past while, winter must be coming. It had saddened her that she could no longer hear the waterfalls crashing, instead there was ice, and there was no more birds' song, they had gone into hiding.

A thin layer of sweat coated her pearly hide. She had been trotting all morning to keep warm, almost two hours, and still she was cold. She finally slowed to a walk. It was no use, she would never warm up. Her muscles were warm now, and they flowed smoothly, as if she wasn't really touching the ground.

A sigh heaved her ribcage as she gazed at the trees. They were no longer beautiful and lush, but they were dead, bare. She halted as she reached company. A small little mare and a golden beast. A flicker of confusion flashed in her eyes. Was he the golden being she had seen on her first day? She took a step forward, making herself known. "Dawn is the most peaceful part of the day and night, isn't it?" she said with a smile. It truly was.

Dragon's breath coated the lady in a mist with every breath. She was dreading the cold still to come.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[]
Words;;
Notes;; Hope you don't mind me jumping in, Kirah's making friends! :)

Credits: Whit's tables were an inspiration | Coding by Schwartze | Image
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Like a blade cracking against stone, the sound of a broken branch being trampled underfoot was unmistakable. My thoughts were broken in one fell motion; ebony ears swiveled toward the sound and nostrils flared on their inhale. Someone or something was lurking in yon trees. Brows narrowed as pools tried to peer into the silent darkness – a shadow, very faint and stark still. Crown lowered and one forefoot rose from the earth, stamping against the hard soil and spreading gold in its wake. “Who lurks in the shadows? Step forward.” Tone is sadly more revealing of the wariness I’m feeling; who wasn’t to say that Seele hadn’t been murdered? Just as she had feared a knife in her back, so was I too feeling that paranoia to some extent…

Still. That musky scent was familiar.

Hooves thundered from the opposite direction, crashing into leaves and bramble without care for who or what caught wind. I glanced over just as a recognizable newblood came trotting in through the trees. She caught sight of me and paused. A moment later and I’d evidently breeched into being worth the effort for conversation. Her expression shifted to something warm; yet I’m unable to return the gesture. Orbs couldn’t resist turning their attention back toward the shadowy figure even as the alabaster woman began to speak and pry for my awareness. One ear remained flicked toward her, politely I replied, “Yar, say true. Most take advantage of extra sleep – except for those who can’t.” One eye shifted toward her, “I’m Midas and ye are?”

Kiara

“Who lurks in the shadows? Step forward.” She hesitates still, feeling like she should flee. He is a lead, yet she is afraid because he is male. Keiran however wastes no time and pads forward, purring softly. He was well known as the Earth Medic's compaion, which surely would give away who lurked nearby. Before the panther could get the Czar's attention however, another arrives. She moves much faster, not pausing to give anyone space. The cat cuts a glance, remembering his place as he is just as much of a higher rank as his bonded.

With a sigh, the red roan watched the pale mare come and speak with the Czar. His voice was not as warm as the lady's, and Kiara could only assume it was because of her. Her gaze fell and she stood there, part wanting to retreat while the rest wanted to obey his command and come forward. In the end her respect for her leader won her over as she stepped from the woods into sight. Keiran of course turned to look her way, making sure the attention was there. "I guess I am not the only one up this early." Her lowers her tiara for a moment in respect to her Czar. "Good morning to both of you." At that the Earth Medic falls quiet, her shy and fearful demenor winning out over the fact she held a high rank. Keiran looks to Midas and Fina, desperate for them to see what was going on in his bonded's mind. If they did not, he feared she would just try and slip back into the early dawn.

"Talking"

@[Kirah]

Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Unregistered
The sun will rise again.

Kirah turned her head to a particularly dark shadow. The small stallion seemed focused on it, as if something was lurking. Her ears swivelled and turned, trying to pick up a sound. Nothing. If there was someone, he or she was being awfully quiet. But her attention was quickly drawn to the stallion again as he introduced himself. Midas....it took Kirah a few seconds to place the name. She dropped her shoulders and her head. So this was the famous Czar? She had pictured him....larger perhaps.

"My name is Kirah, and what you say is true. I rarely sleep. The hours drag by at night, and so I snatch a little sleep at dawn," she said with a smile.

Her head shot upwards and in the direction of the shadows as a figure emerged. A small little mare. She had a strange smell to her, not like the others from the falls. It smelt of herbs and flowers. It was only then that Kirah noticed the panther. Her ears fell back but quickly perked up again as she realised it must be a companion.

With this new discovery she also noticed the dragon, orange and fiery. She turned a bit sad as a slight tug at her heart reminded her of the companions she had once had....but they all left, and there was no use sulking over it. She smiled again at the little mare as she greeted them. She turned to Midas again. "I beg your pardon for asking, but are you the Czar?" she asked. She addressed the rank with such awe and curiosity, it seemed she would burst.

She looked at the little mare with a smile in her eyes. "I haven't seen you before either. May I ask your name?"

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Midas]
Words;;
Notes;; Should I tag Midas? :)

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Kirah. The corners of my lips flick higher, offering the lass another small smile. Yar, seems I wasn’t the only soul doomed to be plagued with troubles that spoiled a proper rest. My attention is still split until our shade finally steps from the dim light and into full view. The lurker is none other than Kiara’s companion – which would mean his bonded was near. Honeyed gaze drifts to where he moved from. Wary tightness fades into warmth and my beam softens from formality to one of true compassion. After a moment our Medic comes out with a bent head and greeting upon tongue, “Morning dear sister,” I reply softly.

The alabaster woman voices a question, a pry upon my title and position within the herd. I’m tempted to lead her astray, say that I was nothing more than a soldier for this family. Like the old days, when my feet were still tender and unsoiled. I wondered if they would think differently of me. “Ye speaks true. I am…Czar,” a word that felt dry and heavy upon tongue, brim quivers faintly, “though prefer to be called by name. I’ve never had much use for titles.”

Turning to Kiara I asked, “What stirs ye from thee bed?” For the joy of my company? Not likely. Perhaps she had questions regarding Seele or the lack there of. Regardless of purpose I was feeling thankful for their company. The distraction was a welcome turn from troubling thoughts of a more personal nature.

Unregistered
Kirah

Kirah dipped her head, showing that she understands Midas's request to be called upon name, even though she knew she would call him Czar. He turned to the little mare, and asked a question, but Kirah never did quite catch it. She was deep in thought. Not about anything in particular, but more about everything she has ever encountered.

Hazy memories came and went, some she never quite grasped, as she went through her life. But one stuck in her mind's eye. A big stallion, his coat as dark as his soul, with charming words and a gorgeous smile. Kirah shook her head, ad the image faded. She gazed at Midas once again, her earthy eyes as warm as always, with the same old little smile lurking there.

Just bright enough to hide the sadness.

She smiled and asked no one in particular, since she was almost sure nobody would answer. "What brings the two of you out this early?" .

Her eyes lifted to the sky and she inhaled a deep breath. There was so much peace in the world, so much beauty. But the silence was like venom to Kirah's ears, deafening and loud. There was no birdsong, so chirping of insects. No rushing of streams or the roar of the waterfall. Yes, winter was truly a time for tragedy. When the world is reaped of it's beauty, and colours stolen from eyes. When smells all turn the same and laughter turns into silence. Kirah was particularly fond of the name they gave winter here, since it described the season so well.

Frostfall. As if summoned by the word, snow slowly began drifting down, soft and beautiful.

"Speech"
Tag;; @[Kiara]
Notes;;

Kiara

She shifted, uncomfortable in the presence of so many. To many two was not that many, but after the recent events in the Frozen Arch... The little roan had been to herself and herself alone. She lacked the confidence she had gained over the last few years in Helovia. So instead of meeting her Czar's gaze, she looked to the ground. Kerian stared at the Czar however, willing him to see something was not right within the healer. That the healer herself needed healing, in a way that she could not handle herself. Her voice is soft as she answers the question. "Could not fall back asleep, so I decided to see if there were any late blooming herbs I could collect and hide before FrostFall kills most of them." It was a lie. A lie to hide the truth. The truth was, she had woken screaming from a nightmare so many times during the night that she was afraid to go back to sleep.

Keiran stepped forward again, this time looking to Fina. Perhaps the bonded of the Czar would understand more than the Czar would. He yowled at her, desperate to get his point across. Of course he knew getting Kiara to be honest in front of more than one herd mate would me practically impossible.... But maybe just maybe the Czar could do it. He seemed like a nice enough stallion from what the panther had seen.

The snow drifted down lightly, adding more white the the roan's backside. She shivered, her winter coat not quiet fully grown out yet. Kerian debated about calling on his ability to create a storm..... but did not want to risk harming anyone in the process.

"Talking"

@[Midas] - oops sorry didnt see it was my turn

Image Credit

Ascended Helovian

Deceased

Kiara. She’d been around to answer the call of clanmate and stranger alike more times than I could count. Answering those that needed mending without prejudice or judgment. It was a thing I could envy, even as I gazed at her with a particular fondness. Those who bore a healing talent or spirit were often the most treasured company to have. Apollo, Onni, Kiara, they all sacrificed themselves for the good of others. Courageous.

She admitted nothing out of the ordinary, “I know little that would be considered helpful when it comes to herbs, so I doubt my eyes would be of any use to ye,” out of all the things I’d accomplished over the years and all the power that had been accumulated in this soul…I remained ignorant to this topic, “but I would offer my aid all the same.”

Fina looked past her flaming wings to see young Keiran standing below her branch. Aqua gaze narrowed uncertainty as he yowled pressingly. She scoffed, fluffing her feathers, turning her back on him and attempting to return crown back into the bend of her wing to pursue more sleep. An avian could no sooner understand a cat than a whale understands the chirps of a cricket.

Turning toward Kirah I answered her question, “My da was one to greet the dawn.” I could remember being young and seeing his black body slip from view into the sky. The warmth of my ma and her soft voice against the fold of one ear. I would slide back into a quiet slumber only with great effort. “Old habits die hard.”