the Rift

It's just a step to the left

Samuel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Samuel walked on slowly, his solid cream coat dirty for lack of grooming. His pelt was fluffy and thick against Frostfall's grasps but he was cold, and try as he might he could not quite figure out how to balance with that large horn of his in the way. The unicorn's somewhat soft hooves crushed through thick frost and snow with audible crunches, and as he walked he thought about what had happened over the last few years.

He had changed a lot. Not only with this brand-new horn and dorsal spike he had mysteriously acquired, but also in weight, demeanor, wisdom... He remembered a time he fealt safe. A time much further than what he had tried to recall. four years ago, a long frost back from his home, when he on one faithful day followed Mishka to the nest of a sleeping goddess. Well, that was what he had thought of the intelligent bear back then. He was not afraid, and Mishka wasn't either.

His first encounter with fear had not been his own, but rather observed in another during a stampede. He fed off of the emotions of others. Ate of their hunger, drank of their tears, slept in their joy, and he quite honestly missed the feelings he would take from others. Back when he was in a herd, and the toads did not chase sleeping horses and then pop with loud explosions. Funny encounter that had been, but now he was again alone and again to his own thoughts.

Samuel walked on, his tail swishing weakly side to side and his mane making one side of his neck uncomfortably damp for he had slept in the snow, and rolled over in it when he had been awoken so rudely. he could see his breath crystallizing in front of him when he turned his head quickly enough, and as it reflected in the cream unicorn's red eyes he was given each time a sense of caution renewed. Something was bound to happen, but he knew not what.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
It was decided, that instead of complaining about how nothing was changing, Elsa needed to go out and change it herself. Wings were spread high above the ground was cool wind rushed over her back as she flew towards the Threshold. Luckily, it was a short fly from the Falls; just south of where she lived. So, although the air was wonderful, she was quickly grounded near the edge of the Threshold.

It was easy to see where it began, large trees towered in the forest. Its evergreens providing the only colorful contrast against the dead land of winter. So, as she ventured in, she quickly spotted the hairy golden boy that was wandering about, who had some odd protrusion coming out of his back. She raised an eyebrow but continued to approach him. Hopefully his reaction would not be over the top and crazy, because it seemed that some of these characters had no idea what the heck a pegasus was. Seeing a large horse with wings apparently is scary to some.

As she neared though, she slowed her pace and bowed respectfully, before stopping a few yards away from him. "Hello...?" She paused a moment to let him introduce himself, if he wished to do so. "My name is Elsa, mason of the Falls. What brings you to the Helovian threshold?" She asked, mildly curious. The poor boy looked like a shark horse. Her mind couldn't help but wonder if maybe he had been cursed and was like semi-aquatic or something. But alas, stupid questions had to wait until after this man revealed a little more information. The last thing she wanted to do was insult a potential member of the Falls. She did not need anymore enemies right now. "Oh, and uh, this probably is a stupid question..." Elsa, what happened to not asking questions? Curiosity did kill the cat. "But uh, how did you get that thing on your back. Not that it is bad or anything, it's actually kinda cool." She said tilting her head to look at it shamelessly. Way to go Elsa, way to go.

"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Samuel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Samuel's immediate reaction to Elsa was one of surprise. He reared up onto his hind legs, turned around, retreated a few steps then turned sideways to her, snorting. He paused, and after getting a good look at her, his demeanor changed entirely. He came out of his defensive position and head held uncomfortably high but still braced to bolt in either direction, he replied in a less-than-friendly voice.

"Hello. I am Samuel Fellson, and I do not quite have an answer to either of your questions."

After this gruff and forced response, he craned his neck to try to get a good look at what the pegasus was talking about, and found indeed that he had not been imagining things before. The spike was still there.Looking back at the pegasus, he stepped out of his heavily defensive posture so that he was now standing square, almost facing her. He briefly admired the snowflake marking on the pegasus before continuing in a less belligerent tone,

"It just, kinda, showed up. Interesting pattern you got on you there. I aught to ask the same about that mark there. You from around here?"

It was undeniable that Samuel seemed nervous about the situation, although it manifested itself in showy posture and a snarky tone. Though he took a proud stance and a fighting attitude, his ears twitched at every sound, his eyes darted about constantly, and he seemed not to be focused on Elsa. The somewhat dirty stallion caught the sound of a chunk of ice falling to the ground from where snow had collected in a branch and snapped his attention to it, squealing at it as if he was intending to attack. He quickly turned back to Elsa after regaining his composure and spoke again.

" Sorry about that miss. I... uh... yell at falling things, yeah. It's just something I do. Yep. Falling things are bad." he stated in all seriousness.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

So, maybe people don't actually like you Elsa. Judging from his reaction, he seemed less than pleased with what she had done. Her eyes widened and watched in a little shock at his rear away. Looks like someone had a little fright. But alas, he did not run or attempt to eat her, so that's a plus. "Greetings Samuel Fellson. Mind if I call you Sam? If not, I assure you I can call you Samuel. Its just easier for me to remember nicknames." She attempted to keep a friendly, and cool voice but it wavered a little in fear. Was he going to attack her? Her attempt to calm him came with the ending, of her telling him a little more about herself.

He then positioned himself square to her body, and in response Elsa bulked up. She raised her shoulders and pulled her muscles taught, in defense. She would not attack, but she would show him that if he attacked her, even with one less eye, she was more than capable of giving him a fight. But, his voice chilled a little when he asked about the snowflake (how puny). "Born with it, It was the sign that I was marked with the powers of ice. And no, I was not born here. I was born in a northern region, far away from Helovia and a good fly away." She added with a shrug. If she had thought that he was a little less jumpy, she would've showed him her cool, majestic powers of ice. But for right now, it was time to take it easy.

But again, the jumpy stallion seemed to get distracted. She heard the all too familiar cracking of a branch, but instead of making the situation calm, it seemed to make it worse. He called out again, fearful of the snow and ice. Goodness, if he was afraid of that, it would be worrisome that he may scare himself to death during Frostfall. "Falling things are bad but, I hate to break this to you, it happens a lot during Frostfall, winter. But, I can assure you that they will not kill you, in fact nothing out here right now is going to kill you. Especially me, I may not look like it, but I would prefer not to fight." She cracked a friendly smile to try and lighten the mood again. "If you are looking for a place, I can take you back to my home, the Hidden Falls. There we work under a leader, in a safe environment. You can be whatever you want, A Seer, A crafter, a healer, a warrior, a sleuth.. whatever you desire basically. Does that at all interest you?" She asked curiously. This Sam was quite a hoot, and she knew that even with his skittishness he would fit in fine at the Falls. Plus, they all were in need of a good soul to become friends with.

"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.