the Rift

[OPEN] the purpose of porpoises is to propose to porcupines [Falls Warriors]

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
Oxy
Having just been witness to a great spectacle, putting Krieger into the earth where his terrible body belongs, you’re feeling rather riled up and ready to do something else important. Unfortunately, you’re not exactly sure what it is that you should do. After all, you so rarely have important things to do. Life has been so boring lately. With your plans to usurp the throne becoming rather conflicted with you, and your confidence previously having been shaken by your loss to Gaucho, you haven’t really been sure what you should be doing with yourself. An incapable general is no general at all. A frown crosses your lips at the thought, but you shake it away. You are not incapable, you remind yourself… it was merely a setback.

Picking up a lazy trot, you head back south towards the Falls, an image from your companion finally giving you some purpose in life. You suppose you do have a sort-of job that you should kind-of be taking care of… of course the idiot drunk probably hasn’t done it, which means you’ll have to take care of it. One heavy sigh later, you pick up your trot a little more and try to make it back to the stupid Falls before dark. Except then you remember that everyone is on the stupid island, which annoys you to no end, but you alter your course accordingly. Duty is duty, after all.

Arriving at the entrance to the Veins, your wobbly trot abruptly changes to a halt as you contemplate the best way to get back up on the island without flipping your shit last time. One ingested locoweed vine later (one of your last, you notice in annoyance while staring at the frozen snow that swirls around you), you find the bravery you need to step forward and close your eyes as the clouds lift you into the sky. You don’t feel pain or bruises or blood or cuts; but god damn do you fear these clouds.

But in time your ride is over and you waste no time in returning to solid ground, hurrying away from the edge of the ground towards the center. “WARRIORS!” you bellow, assuming those of your herd will recognize your voice and know you mean them. And if they don’t… well, they’ll quickly become an example once you find them.

@[Rostislav] @[Ciceron] @[Alleo] @[Agrona] @[Hawkeye]
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Please do not tag Oxy unless it is in an opening post

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona

Our waterfalls no longer churned and lulled us to sleep at night; with Frostfall replacing water with a thick sheet of ice and earthy smelling gusts with howling winds, the Hidden Falls was beginning to dull my lively personality. The sky, dark with heavy snow clouds, was dim and comfortable on my eyes as I tried to keep them off of the white earth. All of this bright snow was giving me an uncomfortable ache in the back of my eyes and I couldn't help but throw a fit every once in a while.. though I imagine I look pretty striking against this bright backdrop.

My dark feet dance across the white-washed ground, my body moving in a smooth trot toward one of my favorite ponds that stands near the rocky entrance of our home. Before I am able to walk cautiously across the frozen waters, the sound of heavy feet catches my attention, the scent following the beast sending one of those confusing strikes of longing and anger through my belly.

Oxy. That son of a bitch.

My eyes narrow at the disappearing ass end of the draft, the metal in my right ear clicking against a hallow antler as it tips backward. "Hm." I huff, my breath visibly leaking from my hot mouth and dripping into the air. Being the nosy bitch I am, I quickly take up on following the bastard deeper and deeper into Helovia, keeping an undetectable distance while I stock him.

'Holy shit, you have got to be fucking kidding me!' Well, we've made it to the other fucking side of Helovia and I am shivering like a small dog. 'He must have some chick over here.' I grumble to myself, annoyed that I even followed the moron out of our home. Grumbling to myself as we pass by blue streams of lava, I can't stop imagining just throwing myself into the fucking blue stew.. I am freezing my ass off!

Once more (following quite a few times) I have lost sight of the bulky brown hunk of meat and stop in my tracks, my tail swinging back and forth to toss frozen chunks of snow into the odd magma. Suddenly, the air around me is thick and everything is foggy looking, so I begin to panic. With ears slammed back and eyes wide, I try to back out of the mist, but I can no longer feel rock below my feet, and instead freeze at the idea of falling. My sides heave, earth finally appearing below me once more, and the mist dissipates into the sky. There is no ice or snow, only grass and pink trees to greet me to this strange world.

"Warriors!" His voice fills my ears, deep eyes scanning the island before I spot him moving into the distance. Once more, I follow; this time a brisk canter to keep up with the Shire. Finally I stopped, deep sigh rolling from my throat for thinking that he would leave the herd for someone else when he actually wanted us. I nod to the weed-obsessed stallion, my brain dragging up images of lying next to him while he complained about being upside down. My narrow chest and sides heave while I catch my breath, uninviting eyes watching for the rest of my family.

"talk talk talk"

am I beautiful as I tear you to

PIECES?
Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren

The bellowing of the other Legatus is just what I need in the middle of the rage that possesses me. If I only had fangs and claws and could tear into the next beast that got in my way. Alas, I am only equipped with my horns on my head that tend to miss more than they hit. My hooves stamp the ground of the island, cracking earth around them as my magic flares up, inspired by my fury. My most recent loss to the stallion from the Threshold has left me less than cheerful. He seemed so inexperienced by rage and I had thought that his irrational fury and accusations would have left him an easy target. But no - though we both walked away from the fight I was the loser. Sons of bitches.

Listening to Oxy now calling to us all makes my blood boil even more than usual. I don't want to deal with the stoner who opposes me at every turn. My piss poor attitude can't be seen in my pale eyes, but my movement lays it out plain as day that I'm not to be fucked with. As I approach him, I see another has appeared. Agrona. Damaris trots along behind me, ears pinned back and body nearly as tense as mine. My mood has seeped into hers and left us both fouled. My nostrils flare as I pull up not far from the pair. We stand a few yards off, and Damaris raises her hackles at both mare and stallion, daring them to cross us. I don't bother speaking to either of them. Is this my drink's fault? Or am I not drinking enough? I'm not sure what the right course of action is and should I even get involved with the idea of drink right now? I'd rather slaughter.

WC: 306

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Exploring a place such as the island within the sky was no small task as there seemed to be neverending sights to take in. Being confined to the ground for the entirety of his life likely played a significant role in this for he had never seen the world from above. While it was thrilling to get the rush of looking down on things there was still that part of him that was wary of getting to close to the edge. Falling that distance would leave no good impression for earth he knew or for those who would find his mangled pancake torso should gravity play its ultimate role. Definitely not an image he was wanting to think about.

The bellowous cry broke through the peaceful atmosphere causing him to turn his ears back at the thought of the unfortunate soul who uttered that sound. Kiara turned to him questioning his thoughts for she could only make out the stoned beast he pictured. The last encounter with the stumbling moron had been thankfully before Kiara had come into the picture but he would never forget the foul tricks he had pulled that day. The image of the shattering egg still haunted him to this day despite knowing that it was nothing more than an illusion created by the strange creature that chose to accompany the stud. " It's a long story. I will let you form your own opinion of him when you meet him." Huffing with discontent Kiara rolled her eyes before turning to stalk in the direction of this so called drunkard who demanded her bonded's attention. She would form her own opinion quickly and he couldn't wait to see what impression she came up with. With half amused smirk he trotted behind her laughing to himself at her impatience.

Arriving promptly in response the grey warrior approaches slowly trying to gauge what kind of state Oxy would be in this time around. The lumbering figure of the stallion stuck out from the other two of his fellow comrades mainly due to the strange purse thing he carried with him for some unknown reason. This he would never understand but due to the unfortunate ranking he could say nothing more than what was appropriate for the situation. "You called?" he questions flatly as his silver gaze sets on Oxy for a moment before he turns to dip his head to both Agrona and Rostislav in a silent hello. Kiara projects nothing of her impression thus far but does come and stand beside him as if to get a better look at the beast before them.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Oxy
Apparently two of your warriors aren’t on this stupid island, since they’re suspiciously absent from this little gathering you have call together. One Legatus, unsurprisingly unimpressive; two Tiros, one that followed you here unbeknownst to you, and the other that arrived just after. The image of Ciceron stirs a memory in your head, but one that is distant and hard to grasp. You don’t remember fighting him, but you remember that you’ve met him before… Where? Where? The question lingers in your mind but you find no answer. It doesn’t matter. To Agrona, you spare a particularly long glance. She had been intriguing to you when you had met her, but then she had disappeared. Out of sight, out of mind, and now you have promised yourself to Snowflake. You have no interest for Agrona any longer.

Being surrounded by a group of horses that don’t exactly like you, you should probably be concerned for your safety; however, you’ve got few fucks to give this day. “You’re both useless,” you spit out with disgust, looking from Agrona to Ciceron. You purposefully neglect to call Rostislav useless, although you actually think he is. Normally you wouldn’t hesitate to give your opinion, but you suppose for the sake of a unified command you can keep your thoughts about him quiet for the moment. But your motivational speech isn’t quite over yet. “You call yourselves warriors- when is the last time you practiced your art? When’s the last time you patrolled? When’s the last time you gave a thought to your families safety?” At some point during your words you begin pacing, snorting and huffing and puffing as you go.

Absently, you turn to Rostislav to see if you has anything to add. A slew of fresh scars and missing hair proves that he has been in a recent battle. Your bloodied and scabbed hide speaks to your own activities. As for the other two… You wait for their response, wait to see what terrible excuse they have. What an army you’ve managed to rouse. You roll your eyes. This should be good.

@[Rostislav] @[Ciceron] @[Alleo] @[Agrona] @[Hawkeye]
Image Credit
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Oxy at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona

His eyes. Those dull, vacant, alluring eyes. They hover over the small group gathered around us, but seem to hook onto me. A smile nearly splits my velvet lips when all of a sudden the words hit me: "You're both useless." Who? Me? Baffled, I look from the unimpressed slack in Oxy's barbaric face, finding his attention now drawn to the dappled man with the thick hair. My jaw hangs in disbelief, wild eyes watching the hard-breathing beast as he begins to slink back and forth before us, scolding us, demanding to know what we have been doing with our time.

His words stab me deep in the chest, aching every time our eyes meet; but now, now my teeth grind together in my skull and my eyes narrow into bright slits. If he thinks he is going to tell me I don't care about my family, he is wrong. Dead.... wrong! "Don't you DARE you pile of shit!" But, what exactly do I mean? I'm not sure, but I am pissed! I stamp my right foot, a cloud of dust flitting into the air. Dark ears tilt back onto flaxen hair, the metal clicking against bone.

"I don't know about this pinrod over here-" I swing my black-tipped antlers toward Circeron, eyes glaring coldly at whoever finds my gaze. "But I've been doing this my whole fucking life! I don't need you keeping fucking tabs on me!" Is that even what he was saying? Regardless, I take a confident step forward, the drug addict's body dwarfing my own. I stare up at the yellowed eyes of the man I so desperately want, my hot breath spilling from flares nostrils in waves.

"talk talk talk"

am I beautiful as I tear you to

PIECES?
Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
I'm surprised that the great and powerful Oxy has chosen not to bludgeon me upside the head with derogatory comments. Instead, he targets his usual nonsense at the other two that are here with us. Agrona and Ciceron take the brunt of it, and I stand idly by, watching with disinterest. They're tough, right? They can take care of themselves. No one needs me to defend them. I'm quite sure that he would like to take a swing at me, verbally or physically, but I get the sense that he's using a lot of willpower to hold back those oh-so-witty remarks.

It wasn't surprising that the reaction might be a little negative. Agrona certainly took offense. I don't blame her, although I agreed with everything that Oxy had to say. (Don't fucking tell him that.) I'd seen little activity from the other soldiers in our little ragtag band. I know Oxy gets out plenty, but the other two had not been battling. I watch Agrona lose her shit and chuckle. Oxy looks to me, wondering if I have anything to add. "Pull your weight then, sweetpea." I'm not drunk, for once, but I'm kind of acting like it, at least verbally. Whatever. "You can do your shit, but you're part of a herd. No lone wolves." I huff a little and look over at Ciceron to see if he has anything to say for himself. I don't really care what he says. Doesn't really matter what I say. Let Oxy do all the talking, I'm in no rush to be the head honcho.

WC: 263
Tag: @[Ciceron]
Used all my creativity on nanowrimo today lol

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Ciceron Posts: 315
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: 6 HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kiara :: White Tiger :: Poison nickel

Standing there waiting for the druggie to finally get to his point about whatever he had called them all here for he tried to pay attention. There were so many other things on his mind such as figuring out a way to make the Falls a safer place for everyone. Nothing could have prepared the grey warrior for what ridiculous accusations Oxy decided to throw his way when he finally got around to speaking once more. Pinning his ears in disgust he was about to say something in retort when Agrona decided to tear a strip out of Oxy first. Letting her have her say in the matter he bit his tongue to keep the harsh opinion from leaving his own mouth. Kiara in her outrage and blind sided surprise growled menacingly baring her razor sharp teeth.

While he would have enjoyed watching her taking a chunk out of the addicts hide it was likely not the smartest move right now. Sidestepping so that his foot now lay in front of his hot headed companion he blocked her advancement. "Kiara please don't. It isn't worth it." Casting a quick glance over to her to see her huff in displeasure before sitting back at his feet once more. As Agrona and Rostislav finally finished speaking he turned his gaze back to Oxy his ears still pinned. "I would watch who you call useless." He stated bluntly venom seeping into his tone. "As for the accusations I have been doing my duties and training in the spare moments I get. You can ask Midas if you don't believe me! Each recent threat to our family I have been there to do my part and will continue to fulfill my duties."

Holding his ground he resisted the urge to lash out at their rather blind Legatus. He was better than that and would not stoop down to that level over something such as this. He was aware of the important happenings in their family and damn well knew that he was capable of doing his job. As for their two higher ranked officials maybe they should spend less time with their own pleasures and more time paying attention to what was actually happening around here. His silver gaze flashed over to Agrona briefly not appreciating her foul mouthed comment but otherwise he just ignored it as his gaze returned to Oxy and Rostislav.

Ciceron talks
Ciceron thinks
Kiara speaks

•• TAGS: •• NOTES: ••

Table by Moonstone Designs
[Image: ciceron_by_foxyfirewings-d7npcjn.png][Image: untitled_2_by_moonstone_designs-d9fwqyy.png]
Pixel Base- BronzeHalo
**Please Tag Me In All Posts**
Permission to attack, use magic and injure with the exception of maiming or death.

Oxy
Did you expect positive responses to your oh-so-motivating speech? Nobody really would have thought so, and yet… you look awful surprised when she hisses back at you and calls you a piece of shit. Jerking your head back, you short of bob around for a few moments and try to figure out what to say to that. Luckily, you don’t have to figure anything out, since then she goes and starts verbally assaulting Ciceron. Now, technically he is her superior, but you’re not about to tell her that. Let them sort that idiocy out on their own. Stopping to stare back at her as she stares at you, you seriously consider biting her nose- she’s fortunate that a distraction saves her tender flesh.

Jerking your head to the side, you look at Rostislav as he finally decides to add something useful to this little gathering. In fact, you almost let yourself smirk at his retort, because truth be told it is kind of funny. But, for the sake of appearances, you don’t let him see any sort of amusement. You wouldn’t want him to think you actually like him or anything. That just wouldn’t do at all. But you do grunt an affirmation, mind already whirling about what you’re going to do with this problem.

Problem number three comes in the form of Ciceron and his growing kitten, who are equally as unimpressed with your diatribe on the finer points of being a Hidden Fall’s warrior. And you’re sure he’s probably making some really great points while he’s talking, but god damn you wish he’d hurry up and get to the end. You’ve got places to go, people to see… or something. That’s actually a lie. But whatever. “You,” you grumble as you turn back towards Agrona. “Why don’t you go fight something more animate than a rock. And try not to lose.” Returning your gaze to Ciceron, you attempt to deal with a different situation. “We’re supposed to be training with the Throat… deal with that. Set it up or something…”

You kind of trail off at the end. Technically you were supposed to take care of that- you did tell Rostislav you were going to deal with it. And you did try to figure everything out, it’s just… things happened. Your slave girl disappeared. And obviously you can’t be bothered to go do the actual work. Not like anybody should send you anyways. As based off this meeting, you have the communication skills of an ant. Shifting around a minute, you look to Rostislav and the two underlings to see if they have anything else to say. You were super pumped about this meeting a few minutes ago, but now you think you’d rather just go get high or something.

Obviously nobody has to listen to Oxy, but if you want to you can :D

@[Rostislav] @[Ciceron] @[Agrona]
Image Credit