the Rift

[OPEN] One Sheep, Two Sheep

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

'Three sheep, four! Gone.. Every one just leaves.' "All fucking gone!" I shout into the screaming wind, crazed eyes narrowed against the swirling and stinging snow. Every one of my family members is slowly disappearing; at first it started when we moved, that really fucked us over, but then it was Eris and her Circuit Board woman, then a few more, but Seele?! My throat is tight and sore from growling and clearing it so many times in a matter of only a couple of hours.

Sure I'm happy for Ghost, but at the same time, why should I trust her to lead my family with the same mind set as Seele had? With brows furrowed in deep lines, I shuffle through the snow in an uncomfortable movement, the hard bite of Frostfall making my body want to tip over and convulse. Up here, the wind is far more extreme than I would have imagined it to be; my hair is everywhere and I can't begin to explain how many times I've thought my tail touching my belly was something crawling underneath of me. Annoyed with everything at this point, I stopped in my tracks. An angry squeal ripped up my throat, possibly audible above this wind, or maybe even blending right in with the sound from anywhere else but here. "Fuck!" was all I could get out before I tossed my head and threw out a back leg at my own rippling tail.

I swear to the Gods that there are snot sickles hanging from my nostrils, but I keep pressing on, hoping to find that metal monster that Illynx had introduced me to the last (and first) time I had been here. My bottom jaw shivers, pearly teeth chattering as I find myself coming down and around a rocky corner that has briefly cut off the screaming wind. Everything is white and gray, and what is not gray has a blue-gray sheen that plays with my eyes and leaves me feeling nauseous.

Finally, I can see him, standing tall and immobile in the rocking wind. What had Illynx called this thing? I stew on the metallic giant's name for a few seconds while I hide behind the small rock pile, hoping to not gain hypothermia from this journey. What I do remember though, is that she said it would attack if she asked it to, and that scared the shit out of me. Agrona zero, giant metal guy, one. I stare at it with the least bit of comfort and don't dare to cross his path, only hoping that someone would come and find me in this icy storm before I too became ice.

"Illynx?" I call into the rushing air, a smile curling onto dark lips and crinkling the white design between my nostrils; "M-m-mam-m-moth?!" I attempt to sing, but instead the name comes out as more of a chattering break of mumbled letters than anything.

Despite slowly forming into a horse-sicle I can still make myself laugh, and that's all that counts, right?

Ooc: This is open to anyone, she just wants to come and vent to someone that she thinks won't snitch on her!
Walking "Talking" Thinking

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Illynx the GildedBlade Posts: 413
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 13 HP: 67.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Kyst :: Common Griffon :: Zapping Jab Bunnie

& not to pull your halo down
around your neck and tug you to the ground, but...
Guests in the winter were not many in the Basin, and guests in a winter like this?

Well, Illynx was quite surprised to hear a certain voice filtering over the high winds and out into the valley, the syllables shaped to her name, because it was not one of her own returning with a stranger, but a mare she had met some while ago and invited home with her for a time. A mare, some might say, was Illynx’s friend - but the Lady wouldn’t describe her as such herself, to be sure. She had very few she genuinely considered to be such things, and Agrona, while pleasant and properly outfitted, was only a single fish in the sea of faces Illynx had come to know, and she still lived elsewhere than with the golden one and her horned brethren.

No one who chose to live among Midas’ coven could truly be her friend, now could they?

Still, the call is unusual, a shaking word revealed after her own name that comes across as one who is freezing to death ushering the Lady forward at a faster pace, the warmth of the Springs left behind as she canters swiftly to the fore of the land and her pale haired accomplice at her gate.

She had asked her back, and so she was of course welcome – but that she had chosen now of all times, one of the worst Frostfall’s in Illynx’s memory of the Basin, to come knocking was bothersome. Surely she had more sense than to seek company in the cold, and if that was true – well, why was she here?

The Gilded Blade finds a humored smile on her lips at the pitiful state of the mare as she finds her, the cold having frozen snot and spit to her face which hangs at odd angles due to the blustering wind, her own dark hair flying about her wildly as a large gust announces her presence at the Sentinels and the stone doorway of their home. Her laughter is gentle and friendly, though it does aim some humor at the mare who is not so used to the cold – Illynx herself had long, thick velvet where her summer coat had once been, having left her armor back in her cavern again (the metal grew so cold it almost burned) for the past week and amply covering her frame in winter ware in the process.

Agrona is not so lucky – she is more sleek still, prepared for the lesser winters to the south, and once again, Illynx feels her pride swell in honor of the strength and conviction of her kin to survive and thrive in such a place.

Still, had Agrona come a week or two from now, she’d have found only the wind, a few wandering patrols; even Illynx won’t risk staying here much longer.

"Darling!" she calls sweetly, stepping forward with grace and a short and shallow nod of her crown as she smiles upon a face she wasn’t sure she’d see again (many promise to visit, you see, and never do), "though I am pleased to see you again, I must challenge your logic to advance on such a flurry! Look at your poor nose, oh…" She glances over her shoulder down the tree line, looking for somewhere where the wind will be less harsh and angling her bodice and limbs for such a destination when her golden eyes find it. "Come, come, let us get out of this terrible wind," she says cheerfully, picking up the pace to a trot (dual motives, you see – more blood running means a warmer Lady, and a warmer Lady means a better conversation!), "what brings you to me at such a time?"

I'm more than a little curious how
you are planning to go about making your amends to the dead
with your halo slipping down, your halo slipping, your halo slipping down
slipping down to choke you now.

image by candy<3
Magic/assault allowed to be used on Illynx at any time, in so far as it does not kill or seriously maim her without my permission. 

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
Agrona | Carnage

Whether it was by some great chance or the possibility of Lady Gold having bat ears, she showed up at the Basin's door step with a playful smile coated on that dark little snout. The metal ached, and despite how numb my ears have grown I can still feel a dull throb where the gauge is held in place. "Darling!" she cooed, reminding me of a loving aunt reunited with a distant niece. I grinned, my teeth still chattering behind stiff lips and frozen body fluids. I can only imagine what I look like to the bay queen right now; a shivering puppy in the pouring sleet.

The Gilded Blade nodded her dainty face, the gentle smile that I could only feel was brought on by my terrible condition still placed on her face. A playful greeting is called for in this moment, and I can feel my lips creek up into a smile; I can imagine the ice breaking off in small chunks as my face moves. "-Look at your poor nose!" She looks around, searching for something while I pick my feet up slowly, regaining feeling in my numb limbs while I chatter and shiver. "Come, come-" she starts, her voice drifting away in the wind as I drop my crown and shuffle after her.

With a brisk trot, the Gilded Blade moves along easily, causing me to grumble in the back of my throat and tip my freezing ears backward. "What brings you at such a time?" I hear her call back at me and my uncomfortable, stiff trot. A huff of air escapes my throat, partially in a scoff; "We're falling apart." Shit, maybe that's not exactly what I should have said. But, she won't think anything of that, will she? My eyes narrow against the wind before we can reach the forest that I assume we are headed for. "They're all leaving us, just disappearing!" This time, I can feel the anger built up behind my already rough voice.

Why Clown Face would do such a thing, I'm not sure, but the fire in my belly doesn't seem to care about why so much as when and that she did.

Walking "Talking" Thinking
@[Illynx]

Credits: code by Tamme | Image by Sarah | Stock Credits in the Link

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!