the Rift

[OPEN] Maze of Hallways [SS Companion Drop]

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
 Life is a maze in which we take the wrong turn before we have learnt to walk
</style>

“Step up, step up, step up! Hurry!” The ragged voice of a strange old creature- half woman, half bird- calls out. She sits perched in a tree, her cracked and dirty toes curling around the gnarled old branch. Her arms, mostly covered in feathers stretch out and rustle, blowing in the wind. Both woman and tree look as ancient as time itself, so where they came from is a mystery indeed. Regardless, it seems she has set up a hedge maze with five entrances. The bushes around are certainly too high for any horse to see over, no matter how high they might lift their head, but there is no ominous feel. Just the strangeness of the bird woman. “Pick a path, horses. Hurry now!” Her voice crackles worse than the feathers on her ancient arms before devolving into a rough round of laughter. Is there something funny about this maze? Maybe, but she won’t tell what it is.

This is a drop for a species specific PLAIN companion!
Please respond within 72 hours to be considered.
This is a multi-part drop.
All prior refusals must be included in your first post but only for mythical companions.
The companion must have been on your wishlist for 30 days, or you must have a new character with a new wishlist to participate.

There are five entrances to the maze. From left to right they are numbered one through five. Each entrance has three paths you can choose to follow- left, center, or right. As a summary your first post, please indicate both which entrance you choose AND which path you take. You may travel the same path, or a different path, as someone else. No more than 600 words per post.

Image Credits

Ilios Posts: 200
Dragon's Throat Informant atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 15 :: 4 (Frostfall) HP: 66.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Isabella :: Common Rougarou :: Flame Parelia

The season had clearly changed from cool to freezing. The wind that ruffled the colt's black and white frosted mane and teal feathers seemed to be made of ice. Living where he did it was a totally new experience, this cold. Shivering deeply he decided to go exploring and going south east seemed like a great idea, maybe it would be warmer down that way. 'If only I knew how to fly, I could get somewhere warmer a lot faster.' Sighing the colt shook himself roughly before moving his legs into long even strides. If he moved fast enough the freezing air would seem warmer, his blood would start to flow like it should instead of dripping through his veins like half frozen water.

The golden knight was sure he would always be alone, his mother was distant with him, his father was gone, and he never seemed to have anyone to play with. Sighing heavily he allowed the thought flow through his tired mind. If he did not find someone to talk to and relax with soon, he would go insane. It was already getting harder and harder to lie and say that he was happy; to put on that hollow smile. What was he supposed to do? He was sure he could not tell his mother how he felt; she would snap if he did. Both of their hearts were broken already. 'If I told her how unhappy I am I think it would kill her. I know she puts on a fake smile for me, just like I do for her.' Suddenly a odd smell wafted towards his quivering nostrils. Curiosity pulled him forward towards the oddest sene his silver eyes had ever plaid upon. A bird like creature sat in a tree over towering shrubs that had five different entrances. Her words pulled him to the third one where he pauses for a moment before entering.

Excitement pounded through him as he moved into the wind blocking bushes. He stops for a moment and turns his head first left, then straight forward, then to the right. As he moves his ears are pricked and nose working hard searching for any signs of which way to go. Closing his silver eyes he focuses on his instincts before moving to the right carefully placing each hoof on the ground eyes shifting back and forth always looking for a clue.

"Speech" 'Wonderings'
Words: 401
OOC: Ilios is hoping for a Plain female Rougarou with flame(first two forms on list )
Ilios takes the 3rd entrance, then he moves straight forward.
Wishlist
Refusal 1 Refusal 2

You must be true to your heart..
[Image: silver_dreamer_mist_by_cantatus_promise-d8flci6.gif] [Image: mwaCGuX.gif]
Tag me

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
A companion would be nice, that is no lie. As she trots about, Elsa is looking for another egg or, prize of some sort. They seem to occur every few months in Helovia. Each time, random, and the circumstances completely different. It was stressful, yet oddly refreshing at the same time.

Her wanderings led her back to the deep forest. The evergreens, still alive through the winter, flourish in this cold weather. They are hardy and strong. But a voice draws her attention away from the trees, and up into the branch of another. A half bird, half woman sits perched upon the oldest tree around. Her voice rakes against Elsa's ears and they fall flat against her head. What the woman says, however, piques her interest. Spread out below her is a maze, crazy and wild. Different entrances line the sides, 5 entrances line the beginning. Elsa notices another slip into the third entrance, but she is not quick to follow, instead she takes the 5th entrance. Walking slowly forward, she is greeted with another set of paths. This place was huge! Perplexed but determined, she then takes the right path. She can't help but feel a little worried that this large maze would eat her up. The hedges tower over her head, too high to peek over to see. She wishes she could fly to the prize at the end, but that would no doubt be thwarted. An occasional noise here and there makes her jump in fright. Nothing can attack in a maze.... right?

"their speech goes here and this is the color
denial #1
denial #2
denial #3
Wishlist : Zephyr, Arctic.

[Elsa chooses the 5th entrance, and the right path]

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

It had been what seemed like months since I had been here. The last time I was working in a group to remove this strange black stuff from everything. Little had I know, I was competing for a companion then. One day, I would not be alone. Cera had a companion. Momma said her brother had one too. Maybe just maybe today would be my day for a companion too! I have a feeling that is why I am here. The same urge that had pulled me back then was pulling me now. “Step up, step up, step up! Hurry!” Eagerly I answered the voice, only to see I was the third to arrive. The tails of the first two disapearing into the maze. I wonder who they are, and how they arrived so quickly.

Her voice speaks again, and sends shivers down my spine. This will not be easy, but neither was fighting that thing that came out the door on the beach.... To bad I had been knocked out then.... Maybe I would of won, or at least had a better chance now. “Pick a path, horses. Hurry now!” Before me lay five paths with strange markings. The first two that had arrived had gone down the middle path and the last path. I decide to also go to the middle but instead of following the one ahead of me and going straight, I turn to the right. No turning back now, just hope I can handle whatever is ahead... Things like this never are as easy as they seem... I can feel my fire magic tingling in my veins, ready to go at a moments notice should I be attacked.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Refusals - The Final Task & A creature of blue
Amani would like - [Companion: Zephyr | Pheonix] Wishlist

She chooses the third path and goes to the right

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Outside of the Throat, there is snow, endless and boundless while the nights down south plummet their temperatures far beyond what their usual is and allow my family members to wake to crisp, frosty mornings much different from the flooding which greeted us in the past moons. The weather is uneven and never settles, I've learned that it won't always be simple as it once was. The snow came and went in the middle lands, and finding the trees buried in it's weight is a simple delight that seems almost unreal compared to desert life.
Inside the trees, I have to make sure to check and see there none of my friends are there, morphed and garnished into horrifying creatures that makes my stomach churn and my thoughts clot like platelets in a vein.
There are monsters, or should I say monster, the voice that flees the trees from something not one of us. My lips latch shut, pale eyes on whoever that is with ears alert, pricked forward and erect. I might as well scamper across the snow blanketed ground, sweet crunch beneath having to be made sure it belongs to me and not someone else, especially the creature in the trees.
Tunnels rise forth from the trees and forest growth where others have already gone in. Their sense of carefree halts me, lost while engulfed by the fear that there is something on the other end I'll never like. Its worth a shot, when I'm reminded friends would usher me inwards. I take one path slowly, every sense at it's height and head held so that I could keep tract of my surroundings and those that were with me.

OOC: Takes 1st path, turning right

Trying for a Rougarou with a Shadow ability
Wishlist

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
FAEANNE

I had found myself wandering once more, like I had done back when I lived in the Edge rather than hoping the Sun god hadn't been pulling my leg when he told me that he would heal me and make me better if I moved to his lands. Then, exploring had been something fun, a chance to get away from my then-protective adoptive parents for a few hours before making my way back into our home where I would get scolded for leaving without permission or a guardian. But it was worth it, it was so worth it to be able to see what wonders the world had to offer me. Now my exploration was for a different purpose, as I wasn't sure what it was that I was supposed to be doing with my life any longer. No longer did I have parents to answer to, or a curfew, or anyone to answer to except for myself.
A shudder passed over my star speckled pelt as I wandered further and further away from my soon-to-be home and deeper into the thick forest. Something about the forest seemed to have called me closer to it in my wanderings, but I wasn't quite sure what it was that the forest wanted. Whether or not it killed me, I was going to find out why the forest seemed so interesting on this frigid day when before it probably would have scared me back into the chestnut mare's embrace. Dark lids fluttered shut over white pupils as I thought about my adoptive parents sadly, I missed them dearly. But one day they would be just as distant of a memory as my biological mother who had abandoned me as soon as I no longer needed her for survival.
I was destined to be alone, of that I was certain. Nobody wanted me, I was used and damaged goods that would only turn out as crazy and as worthless as the whore who dropped me into this cold, dark world. Dark harks flicked back into silver dreads while I wandered further into the mass of trees, the silence only interrupted by the screeching sound of someone speaking. “Step up, step up, step up! Hurry!” Curiosity beat any and all of my common sense while my metallic hued hooves were suddenly creating longer strides than the cute, floaty trot that had been carrying me easily through the lands of Helovia. It didn't take long until I was standing face to face with a maze of sorts, there were five entrances, each one just as enticing as the others, and a bird-woman perched in a tree above the entrances. I could only assume that the screeching voice had came from the odd hybrid, and it didn't take long for the assumption to be proven correct as the noise was emitted once more "Pick a path, horses. Hurry now!” I pulled my pools away from the entrances for a moment so I could look up at the creature and then at the others who were slowly dispersing into the entrances.
Ivories sunk into my sooty kissers for a moment before finally I allowed my frame to move towards the front entrance where I was met with another choice. Three hallways stood before me each going in a different direction. Dark lids fluttered shut over pale pupils once more as I strode forward once again, tilting my frame just slightly to the left as I headed further and further into the maze of mystery. Just hoping I would make it out with all of my limbs.

"Talk."
Tag;; @[]
Words;;598
Notes;;
Seeking: Plain Artic Zephyr
Faeanne has entered door number one, and taken a left turn.
previous denial
wishlist

Credits

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

Inexplicably, odd events of a magical nature always tended to occur in the deep shadows of her birthplace. Hotaru was not one for nostalgia, nor did she care to often recall those younger years. Lakota had been one of the only good things she had in her life, and the forest held a good deal of memories, clasped and woven in strands of varying emotions. Most were pleasant, for it was where she and Raeden returned nightly to their mother's side to rest. The only times when Hotaru didn't feel so empty, so hollowed out and decaying when she was supposed to newly be learning how to sprout. Whatever brought her to the southern lands, it was certainly no excess of desire to recall her foal hood. But in the end it was not the nature of the call, but the caller itself that held purpose and potential.

The mutated woman is disfigured but oddly enchanting in her bizarre revolting form. Her voice is a screech that wails in Hotaru's delicate ears, forcing them spitefully against her cranium. None of those trailing towards the entrances are familiar; then again, few are at these kinds of things. Though she disgustedly recognizes the thief of her godmother's armor. Thranduil had returned it to the northern reaches where it belonged, but the she-wolf was an unforgiving tyrant, and even the newly noticed blindness could not keep her from hating the snowflake mare.

Instead she focuses upon the bidding of the creature. Reluctant to share an entrance she slipped away towards her choice, ears lightly twitching with every ominous sound. Preparing. These things were never easy, and why would she ever want something that was?

Chooses entrance 4 and the left trail

:: [Companion: Griffin | Zapping Jab]

It asked for just mythical and not SS/NS specific? So I added both of them.

NS: X
SS: X

Wishlist

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Desperado Posts: 30
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Foxy
DESPERADO
hard to resist temptation

Somehow, I had finally managed to drag myself away from the ocean of lava that I had been calling home for so long. Finally managed to force myself out into the open where I could stand a chance of being noticed by someone who may have known me in my short time out in the public before I became the hermit of the Caves. A snort escaped me while my heavy skull shook ever so slightly, I wasn't a hermit, rather I was lost and confused and slowly trying to find my way back to the former soaring glory that had been my life before.
Dark harks pulled backwards, dissapearing into my dark tangled dreads while long limbs struck out easily carrying my dappled frame through the thick trunks of the Deep Forest. I still wasn't quite sure what I was going to do in Helovia this time, if I was going to head back to the Edge or if I was going to hunt down the black, white, and red hybrid in hopes that she would give me a home in the herd of hers.
The screeching sound of an old hag's voice interrupted the multitudes of thoughts that were digging through my cranium, “Step up, step up, step up! Hurry!” A single ear twitched as I listened to the creature's voice, wondering what it was that she was calling things to, urging the listeners to move faster in her direction. It didn't take long to find where the creature was located, a mass of other of my own species had found there way to the small clearing beneath a tree that was holding the half bird, half two legged creature. It was quickly proven that the voice had come from this creature as it's grotesque mouth opened once more. “Pick a path, horses. Hurry now!”
I snorted, watching as one by one the others dissapeared into the entrances, their frames fading to blackness as the maze devoured them. Finally it was my turn, long limbs stretched out as I looked up at the bird creature once more before stepping into the fifth and final entrance where I continued moving straight, ignoring the two other possibilities that others had taken.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 373
OOC;;
Desperado took the fifth entrance and went straight.

Desires a Plain Black Dragon with Fire Breath
No denials
wishlist

HP: 63
Desperado,
why don't you come to your senses,
you've been out riding fences,
for so long now.

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
They walk uneasy through the woods, ushered on by the echo of an inequestrian laugh and the creeping sensation of magic on their spines. Others have come; others will follow; the boy and her sister float in the sea, whispering to each other and questioning the skies, compelled by a power they cannot acknowledge and entranced by an idea they cannot quite place.

Copper child glances with ebony eyes; it is with caution that she notes the creature, half bird and half beast in a weeping tree. Feathers sprout from empty flesh, and beedy eyes glare from behind putrid wrinkles. Behind the monster a maze stretches on, five eerie entrances inviting and infinite. The labyrinth encroaches upon the woods, and she wonders why, for it does not belong, does it? Where did it come from? What could it be? She can taste the magic of it; she shivers against it, but her mind still prods, the need to understand tearing into her thoughts.

She hesitates, uneasy- why are they here? What could convince her to venture in deep? It seems so very foolish, striding blind into the unknown, venturing forth through darkness and descent. At the threshold of the second entrance, she hesitates, peering into hazy light cast by the bauble around her neck. What lurks behind those leafy walls? What sulks in the shadows of shrouded corners? She frowns- and thinks, Why don't I leave?

Curiosity, laughs the boy. He grins from his perch at her feet, innocent and excited, vibrant and unafraid. Natraj bounds ahead into the dark, leaving his sister to smile and sigh. Gold limbs shift, stretch and contract; she pursues, slowly, tense and alert, wondering what secrets lay beyond the next bend.

ooc | second entrance, straight.
Seeks a white dragon with firebreathing | Wishlist

"Talking"
Tandavi

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Rhoa

I belong anywhere but inbetween.

I've never been this far before.

It actually took me a fairly long time, since I don't fly yet. I also don't breath so well yet either, but I'm working on that. I sort of snuck away - did Ivezho follow me? I'm not sure if he did, although now, as the trees begin to grow thicker and darker around me, I sort of wish he had. Not because I'm scared, because I'm definitely not, but just because... well you know. So he can see this stuff.

Not much to see though really... just some trees and branches and -

What's that? Where's everyone going?

I trot a little faster to try and catch up, but everyone is gone. I just saw glimpses of them as they disappeared into the ... the thing. I certainly don't know what it is - I come from the desert. How would I know what a 'hedge maze' is?

Walking forward, I look at the bird woman curiously. She looks scary, but just for a moment. "Thank you" I mumble, trying to be polite. I've become subconsciously diplomatic - maybe it's because I think of myself as a prince, I'm not really sure. And although I don't know what I'm supposed to say or do, I think being polite is probably an okay thing.

Although, my youthful antics get the best of me, and I sort of skirt around her, hugging my burning wings to my flanks as I go. I pick the one closest to her, and am suddenly faced with another choice. Not really thinking, I continue directly ahead, trying to appear confident as I presumably get myself lost.

Summary: Rhoa picks entrance 1 and goes left.
WC:273
Wishlist: Link. Would like a Pheonix Zephyr.
No prior refusals.

TAG: @[Name] | # WC | Notes if needed.

FOXX

Helovian Ancient
</style>

Oh, the old hag laughs to see them all come- equine and unicorn and pegasus and hybrid. Each one so different, but each one all the same. So greedy, so wanting, so oblivious. None of them know what lurks in the shadows of the maze, but they come anyways, and this is what she laughs about. She knows what secrets are in the maze. The rest will only find out.

She begins with Ilios. She senses a struggle in him and knows within her feathered heart that he is not right for the job. She swoops down upon him just as he meets Elsa in the maze. Spreading her wings wide, she suddenly screams out in a screeching voice, “Run girl, run!” She says it as though it is most urgent that Elsa leave rapidly, although there isn’t any obvious reason to do so; however, her wings block the path of Ilios, who will not be able to pass her. Instead, she begins furiously flapping, the massive gusts pushing Ilios back down the path he came from. He will not pass through this maze today.

Next, the old hag worries herself with three others that have converged together- Rhoa, Faeanne and Tandavi. Hopping and flapping her way to where they have come together, she cackles as she settles in front of them. There are again three paths, but the old hag blocks the right one. “Together or alone, together or alone,” she cackles, as though it amuses her to know whether they will go three and zero, or two and one down the paths she has left for them to choose from. Here she remains until all three have chosen. She does at least, while she waits, give a wink to Natraj and Rhoa, both of whom have managed to amuse her in one way or another.

She does not bother Hotaru and Desperado, both of whom have ended up alone on their paths, each with their own demons to attend to. Hotaru is harassed by vines and branches that reach out to grab her on the limbs and her hair. Is she scared yet? Desperado, on the other hand, is presented by something more clandestine. The ground where his path splits into three is actually well camouflaged quicksand. Oh, the old woman wishes she could be there to see his fright. Only Sikeax and Amani manage to make it through the first phase of the maze unscathed. Will their good luck continue?

The old hag waits for each horse to make their next choice of left, center, or right path before taking flight again to trouble them all with new terrors.

Ilios is eliminated due to post and summary not matching.
Each remaining contestant is again presented with a left, middle and right path.
Rhoa, Faeanne and Tandavi may not select the right path.
Please respond within 48 hours to be considered.
Note your path choice in a post summary.
No more than 600 words per post.
Maze position reference

Image Credits

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd

Rhoa

I belong anywhere but inbetween.

I am at once instantly relieved and horrified as Faeanne and Tandavi come into my line of sight. A thousand thoughts tumble through my youthful mind, and for a moment, I think I can actually hear my brain begin to fizzle. I have learned much from Mother, and so far, diplomacy has been my best subject (at least, I think so). Both females are from the Throat, do they know me? Surely they must know Mother and Father ... hardly anyone doesn't. And given how hectic my birth was, they must have heard. The burning on the inside of my wings is also a fairly obvious giveaway as to my lineage. And so, I feel as though I should be confident and not nearly as ignorant of this situation as a I am.

Besides. They're girls. Pretty ones. I'm not entirely sure what to make of that yet.

As the bird lady lands, my mind is put to rest, at least I have something solid to focus on now, rather than the horrible ignorance of youth. She advises that we are either to go together, or alone. I'm not sure I like the sound of that choice. She winks at me, and I decide to wink back. I've never tried a wink before - I sort of scrunch the right side of my face upwards, which ends up looking more like a wince. But since I can't see myself, I assume that I've mirrored her actions well enough.

Although there are three paths ahead, the bird lady seems to be intentionally blocking one of them. Leaning forward, I try to peer over her shoulder to see what is on the path she is blocking. Is it dangerous? Is that why she's blocking it? Or is it the easy way? I open my mouth to ask, but promptly slam it shut. If Mother were here, she'd probably tell them that if I needed to know that information, the bird lady would tell me. She seems to be in charge. Still, I want to see what's behind her.

Rocking backwards on my hooves, I resolve to take the path closest to her. Maybe I can peer through the foliage and see what would have been down the other path?

I stride forward down what is technically the center path, confidently nodding to Faeanne and Tandavi. If Father were here, he would make a decision, and so I will too.

It doesn't even occur to me that should my beautiful herdmates follow me, I could be leading them into a trap.

Summary: Rhoa rushes forward, both relieved and horrified to see Tandavi and Faeanne. He tries to wink back at the Bird Lady, but wants to go down the path she is blocking. He decides to go straight (center path) so that he might be able to peer into the foliage to see what she was blocking.

WC:426
Wishlist: Link. Would like a Pheonix Zephyr.
No prior refusals.

TAG: @[Name] | # WC | Notes if needed.

FOXX

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks
The journey proceeds well enough, with no immediate danger rising in their paths. Girl and her brother stride through the maze, long limbs leaving a pale trail as brush and bramble snap beneath stern steps. The boy is brave, his tails alight; he calls to her and laughs aloud, excited by mystery and the prospect of a prize. The girl is slower, a hesitant flame, cautious and alert in the gathering gloom. Distant sounds of laughter and cries attack, muffled, the two-toned ears; she pauses at times, glancing around, ready to leap into action should another need help.

So it is that Natraj sees them first, the children with whom their path has convened. He yips to them and calls to her, sending an image of the pegasus youths; her paces quicken and she reaches their midst, taking in youngsters of black and gold. Both so young, both smelling of the Throat, Tandavi forces a smile for the pair, black eyes soft as she surveys the two.

The filly sparkles with stardust and metal, while fire rests beneath the boy's small wings. Both are small, so small, yet clearly quite brave. Natraj runs up to the older foal, sniffing the filly and waving his tails, while the sister steps toward the ebony colt, words dancing dark on the tip of her tongue. Before she can speak them, a shadow appears, and the half-beast crashes down into their path. Firechild stiffens, nostrils flared with distaste. Why is that road blocked? Surely not through good will? She peers around the descendant bird, but before she can question the boy has left, charging with youthful abandon down the central path. Children.

Tandavi turns to the filly and smiles. "Come on," she murmurs. "I'll keep you safe." With what she hopes looks like confidence she follows the colt, trying to keep both children within her sights. The girl knows not what lies in the dark, but will not let her charges be struck down in their youth. Fear is abandoned in favor of valor, a suit of protectiveness donned by the girl. She will not let anyone fall, least of all those who are her kin.

ooc | Follows Rhoa down the center entrance, encouraging Feanne to follow.
Seeks a white dragon with firebreathing | Wishlist

"Talking"
Tandavi

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Faeanne Posts: 61
Outcast
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3hh :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
TierRen
FAEANNE

White pupiled pools look up from their usual resting spot, watching the ground as I walk forward in hopes that I won't attract any social contact my way with accidental eye contact, to settle on the bodies of the two who's paths had led us to the same meeting spot. So far everything seemed quite innocent, but by the way the bird creature cackled and screeched “Together or alone, together or alone.” Dark harks swiveled in the creatures direction as the thud of her body landing to the right signaled that that path was blocked off unless we tried to go through the creature who seemed to be running this maze.
I wondered what would happen if we did try to blast through the bird creature, there was three of us and just one of her, surely we would be victorious. Right? But then a flicker of worry wakened in my mind as I thought about what horrors would happen if we attacked the ring master. Death and destruction would be the end of the maze without the ring master and the bodies that had so willingly entered, mine included, would be lost forever.
A shudder passed over my star spangled pelt while the masked, older filly spoke up. "Come on, I'll keep you safe." She spoke with a smile while her dark eyes settled upon my molten metallic ones, it was only then that I realized the dark colt had taken off down the center path that led to who knows where. A crooked smile spread across my features before golden hooves struck out to follow after the gold filly and the dark colt, wondering if she would end up being the one to protect me. Or rather if I would be protecting her.
Regardless, we were safer in numbers against the possible demons that lurked just on the other side of the hedges.

"Talk."
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 318
Notes;;
Seeking: Plain Artic Zephyr
Faeanne follows Tandavi and Rhoa down the center path.
previous denial
wishlist

Credits

please tag Fae in all posts
link to thread tracker

Desperado Posts: 30
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Foxy
DESPERADO
hard to resist temptation

A snort escaped me while dark harks danced upon my skull, listening to the screeching voice of the creature. I couldn't quite make out what she was saying but I knew it was directed towards me as I came upon another clearing. Dark limbs ceased their forward motion for a few moments as emeralds turned over my shoulder, searching for anybody that may have followed down the same path I had. It appeared I was going to be the only soul on this end of the maze, at least of the equine variety.
My attention was pulled forward once more as I stared at the next three hallways that I could take. There was no way to weigh the pros and cons of the different hallways because who knows what rested in their embrace. It could very well be a demon waiting in the shadows until just the right time before leaping forward and latching onto my face to steal my soul through any orifice it could find. The thick black hair along my spine stood at the roots as I took a step in the direction of the left entrance, wondering if it would bring me closer to the other souls similar to mine that had found themselves in the maze.
But it seemed the maze had a different plan for me as the ground that had seemed solid beneath my hooves began to devour my long, dark limbs. Shock flashed through my dappled frame for a moment as I looked around for something I could grab onto that would help free me from the mess of quick sand I had somehow managed to get myself tangled in. As emeralds settled upon a thick looking vine, I sent up a prayer of thanks to whatever god was unfortunate enough to have me in their watch.
Cracked ivories wrapped around the vine while I pulled myself closer to the wall where I could drag myself through the sand using the rest of the foliage that created the maze. Before long my hooves hit solid ground once more and relief flooded through me, thankful that I had not met my demise in the pit of well hidden sand. I didn't remain still for long though, my limbs anxious to keep moving and get away from the sand led me down the left path wary of what could come from around the next corner.

"blah blah blah."
Tag;; @[]
Words;; 402
OOC;;
Desperado walked right into the quick sand, luckily he was close to the maze's walls and used the loose vines to assist in getting to the other side where he walked down the left path.

Desires a Plain Black Dragon with Fire Breath
No denials
wishlist

HP: 63
Desperado,
why don't you come to your senses,
you've been out riding fences,
for so long now.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare

Elsa
My head's underwater, but i'm breathing fine.
She runs, and she runs. The maze is never ending it seems. The more she moves, the quicker she becomes scared. The towering hedges keep her down, and suddenly, a screech.

The woman creature who was perched upon her branch suddenly swoops down. Her voice cackles at her to run, and that is all she does. Her legs kick into high gear, pushing her onward, hopefully avoiding her as two roads converge. Elsa catches a glimpse of another, but doesn't stop. They will have to deal with the problems themselves. This maze was suddenly turning from an easy trip to a scary ordeal. What if the birds warning was true? Was she trying to save Elsa? Was Elsa headed the wrong way? All the flapping, all the screaming, it was terrifying.

She closes her eyes and breaths in an out in two, quick paces, noticing that the path diverges again into three other choices. She went right last time, and if she was headed towards danger, shouldn't she move away? Attempting to stick to the edge, Elsa moves right just as the path deviates into different paths. Her feet are suddenly becoming more weary. How will this turn out? She can hear voices of others, but they are too distant to distinguish apart. She shudders, and tries to just focus on the task at hand. Elsa knew Amani was after companions and such, but secretly hoped that her little Amani decided to stay home today. Elsa could not deal with another dead body on her hooves, enough pain had already occurred.

"their speech goes here and this is the color
denial #1
denial #2
denial #3
Wishlist : Zephyr, Arctic.

[Elsa is scared to the right again by the creatures warning. So Elsa takes the right path.]

code © tamme, picture © chan
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
As strong as the seas are stormy.</style>

The screeching and cackling of the woman-bird is...curious. Hotaru doesn't quite know how to react to it, but as the creature leaves her alone- preferring to tangle with the younglings it seemed- so the she-wolf too shall not bother her. The flurry of commotion barely encroaches past the shields of the maze, and the strawberry maiden tuned them out regardless. This was her own personal trial, and she wouldn't let the others bother her. It seemed whatever awaited her didn't seem to desire her potential airheadedness either. For as she traipsed on carefully, trotting warily down the clustered path, the walls and earthen surroundings came to life around her. A snort of surprise escaped pale rose nares, legs dancing as she jerked away from the vines that clutched for her like greedy hands. They tugged on her mane and wrapped round her slim ankles, dragging at her with a violence she had not anticipated.

But she had something they could not counter. Ducking her head she thrashed at the vines with her horn, ripping them and trampling them with the sharp edges of her hooves. Calling to will her armor, she let it slide into place, using the two other horns upon the crown to shred through the foliage as she struggled forward. Surely there had to be a reprieve, an end to the vines up ahead. If not, she certainly wouldn't be dragged down by mere plants. She'd fought her whole life to prove she was strong, that the weakness of her mother's blood had not been passed to her. This would not be where she faltered.

Teeth part to snap at the branches, cracking them beneath blunted teeth as she surges forward with a push of her hindquarters. Shaking her head and prancing free. The she-wolf does not taste fear, only frustration as she springs towards the open space before her, jerking out of the lingering grasp of the branches with a glare and a shake of her armor-clad body. "Creative, at least," she laughed, glancing out of the corner of her eye at the bird woman with a new level of appreciation as she strode towards the middle path this time.

Cuts through the vines with her horn and the horns of her armor, biting the branches. Takes the center path.

Image Credits
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

My slow pace must pay off, moving forward only after taking in every bit of the surroundings. No monsters rise forth for me, no ghouls slip through the thorn branches and hedges to signal a terrifying presence. A sense of calm never arrives, always late to the party when being nervous is there before everyone else. Fear follows on the arm of nervousness like a loyal spouse, there to assure one is not without the other. Somewhere, someone screams. It's then I fully stop, tail thrown between my hind legs like a low ranking dog within the pack.
Whatever it was, it ceased to affect me momentarily.
Now, I'm extending my walk into a trot, barreling out to an easy canter when the maze offers more options. I'm required to stop regardless to what way the trimmed foliage says to go. There has to be others in here.
The path to the center gives the least feeling of horror when I can peer down its throat. My head shifts uncomfortably atop my neck, sky blue oceans making sure that this choice is correct when I almost stumble over my own hooves to move down it. A light that is thankfully my own reflects and guides my whole travel down the path, finally lunging out into a previous canter to regain my courage to get out of this maze as quickly as I could manage. Nervousness finds itself in the arms of the same old lover fairly quickly when fear lasts no time in romancing. They must be performing the tango by the time I'm fully in the new tunnel while fear takes the lead role, dancing to the distant echo of that scream.

OOC: Takes center path.

Trying for a Rougarou with a Shadow ability
Wishlist

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

I seemed to be lucky, for now. Nothing stopped my path. I was hopefully getting closer to no longer being alone. I dreamed of that day. Of the day that I would be more than just a lonely lost girl who had yet to find any blood family. I wanted to be strong, like both of my parents. But by bonding to another, Momma had always said that proved you were stronger than most. Only the lucky chosen few got to connect their soul to another for life. Magic makes us strong, where a companion proves to be both a strength and a weakness. The soul you bond to become part of you. If one dies, so does the other. If you did not also die, you were never the same. I remember those words like it was yesterday.

I come to another fork in the path. Once again, I must choose to go to the right, the left or straight ahead. I think for a few moments. I had gone to the right the first time. Surely my luck would run out faster if I continued to pick the path to the right. I looked down the left, unsure if I really wanted to go that way. I followed my gut instinct and hoped it was going to be correct and lead me safely through. I step straight forward, picking the center path to continue down this maze. Will I get lucky this time too? Or am I going to have to fight to make it through. After all, this was one big test wasn't it? To prove who was worthy of whatever egg lay at the end?

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

Refusals - The Final Task & A creature of blue
Amani would like - [Companion: Zephyr | Pheonix] Wishlist

Amani arrives safely at the next choice, and goes to the center path.

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Helovian Ancient
</style>

She had given Rhoa, Faeannae and Tandavi a choice, but as the three of them saunter off together, the bird-woman screeches “WRONG!” after them and cackles like the mad old woman that she is. “Wrong, wrong, don’t be wrong again!” Whether she means wrong path or wrong to travel all together remains unclear. Still, she laughs and she cackles as she takes to flight again, to watch the horses as they weave through her maze. Does she grow madder as the horses crawl deeper into the maze? It seems so. As for Rhoa, were he to peer through the hedges and look down the other path, he would find nothing but more branches and shrubs. Whatever she was blocking is a mystery.

The creature next amuses herself with Desperado and Hotaru, who have converged in this strange, twisting maze. “Where you afraid alone, horses?” Is it by her design that these two, that have faced tribulations in the maze, have come together? No, it is pure random chance, but it amuses her all the same. But she does not stay to harass them, there are more horses in her maze of tricks and secrets to direct. Elsa, who followed her directions last time, is left alone. Instead, the hag descends upon Sikeax and Amani, who have followed one another through the maze. “You aren’t babies anymore, horses,” she caws at them. “The maze does not like follow the leader.” Her hacks and cackles fill the air and she flaps and hops away again, leaving it up to them to decide if there will be consequences of following one another for a second time.

At this final step of the maze, each horse is again presented with three options. A very familiar left, right, or center; however, there is something odd this time. At the entrance of each path, the horses will see mirages. Each path will have a different deep desire or favorite memory. For those who are gathered together, each horse will only see their own mirages. They must choose- do they take the left path marked by desire 1, the center path marked by desire 2, or the right path marked by desire 3?

Only Rhoa, who has amused the old hag the most, sees something different. The hag woman flaps and hops her way too him, and whispers and cackles into his ear. “Are you brave? Should you be brave?” Without further explanation, she flies away to the end of the maze, ready to gift her prize to the one she deems most worthy. Rhoa will see two desires, but one of the paths will show a mirage of his greatest nightmare. How he reacts to the old hag’s words is up to him.

Each remaining contestant is again presented with a left, middle and right path. This time, the entrance to each path shows a mirage of a different deep desire or favorite memory of the horses, which only they can see.
Rhoa may select which paths show his desires and which shows his nightmare.
Please respond within 48 hours to be considered.
Note your path choice in a post summary.
No more than 600 words per post.
Maze position reference

Image Credits