the Rift

Changing Winds

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

The night was filled with sound; from the chirping of crickets to the croaking of frogs, the dark was filled with a chorus of sound and song. And Bucephalus was the only one not participating. The stallion's ears flicked, picking up on the sounds of the night around him. He had been grazing beside a pond when the night symphony started up, and immediately he regretted his choice of landing ground. The waterfall alone was noisy, albeit beautiful, and a much needed relief from the frozen wasteland of the Steppe.

Annoying. The Pegasus finally had enough, shaking his head before rearing and spreading his wings, pumping them to send a small wind across the pond along with a sharp bellow. By the time his hooves returned to the ground, the pond was silent save only the bubbling of the creek and the rushing falls. Satisfied, he shook his wings before folding them and dropping his head down to continue his grazing. But right as he took the first mouthful, the frogs and crickets started back up again, and Buce's ears pinned back. Of course.

Giving up on that particular fight,(They were inferior creatures, after all) the Fresian crossbreed continued to graze, blocking out the sounds from his focus. He was terribly hungry after his long flight; green food was sparse on the slopes of the Frostbreath Steppe save for near the coastline there were scattered shrubs. The thick, sweet grasses of the pond were like ambrosia, returning strength and chasing away the exhaustion in his wings and shoulders.

Once he ate his fill, Bucephalus raised his head and began studying his surroundings, golden eyes curious. Spotting nothing of use from this vantage point, he spread his wings and sort of crow-hopped up the faint trail along the pond's cliff towards the top of the waterfall. There he stood, ears pricked sharply forward as he gazed out at the horizion. The view was beautiful, but he paid no heed to that. Instead he searched for any landmarks he could use for navigation; this land was new to him, although the terrain of the area was similar to his foalhood home valley.

Elsa the Icebound Posts: 644
World's Edge Protector atk: 6 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2 Hands :: Six (Frostfall) HP: 73 | Buff: BULK
Edgar :: Plain Zephyr :: Arctic & Wakiya Klare
The threshold is once again a place she is frequenting. Since Frostfall had arrived, she began to feel more compelled to do instead of sit on her bum and wait for something to happen. She followed the trodden path down from the Falls, although it was much less frequented these days.

As if on cue though, she spotted a pegasus, of the most magnificent markings, peering up at the falls. She stood a ways away, watching. It was nice seeing someone actually appreciate the Falls, as of late it seemed to have fallen to ruins. Leadership had changed, the horses were coming and going, and just general activity seemed to dwindle down the drain. The pegasus though, stood in dark contrast to the dead surroundings, his gold markings making him stand out like a sore thumb. Elsa on the other hand, found it much easier to hide.

Now was not the time to hide, for he seemed to be quite interested in the Falls. She began moving forward again, making no attempt to hide her arrival. As soon as she was a few yards away, she paused, and offered a bow of respect. "I take it you like it?" She said, motioning to her herd. Well, technically it wasn't her herd, but it was still a huge part of her life. "My name is Elsa, and if you are interested in living there, it is a good thing I stumbled across you." She finished with a smile. It was nice having confidence for once. Not to mention, the stallion wasn't that bad looking. Although, she hoped his personality was not as haughty as she was thinking it to be.

"Talking"
Elsa
  • Any force can be used against Elsa.
  • Please tag any posts that involves Elsa.

The unexpected voice made the stallion's hide twitch, but he turned his head calmly, gaze flickering over the white mare. Another Pegasus. His gaze flickered out back at the scenery, spotting the herd she had mentioned. How he missed it, he had no idea. There were not many equines, but enough where he still should have spotted them even with the bright gleam of the snow.
"I do like it, as for living..." He turned his head back towards the mare, Elsa, she called herself. "I'm unsure." Buce took his time to study her, then the herd. "My name's Bucephalus." He introduced himself briskly, too tired to be his usual self. "Tell me, where am I?" He asked, turning fully to face the silvery mare, hooves crunching in the snow. "I've come from a place far away with no name, although I hear many herds name their homes." He said, frowning as if he thought that rather to his disliking.

The stallion himself disliked naming places, for they were not his to label. He had no home, no land. But the Winds he named; they were the only thing he considered his and no other could claim them, only borrow them from him. At their conversation the crickets and frogs had silenced, only to fire back up once more after they deemed there was no threat. An obvious look of annoyance flashed across Bucephalus's face, and he lifted a hind hoof and struck it against a rock with a sharp crack, silencing the annoying chorus once more.

Why was recruiting never as easy as it seemed to be? Either that or Elsa always got the ones that liked to ask a lot of questions. Not that she minded that either, but someone times a wham, bam, thank you ma'am was all she really wanted to do. Not in the dirty way of course, just in... getting things done.

Despite her little disturbance, she sits quietly and attentively through his little talk. His name is apparently Bucephalus, kind of a tongue twister if you ask Elsa. She would attempt it nonetheless, even if she was a little off on pronunciation and such. It was rude not to address another by their name "Bucephalus..." She started, looking to him in hopes of finding she pronounced the name correctly. "You are in the land of Helovia. Within this land there are four herds, the Dragons Throat, Aurora Basin, Worlds Edge, and that..." she said nodding to the beautiful cliff face. "That is the Hidden Falls, of which I am their mason." She pauses, only to see him crack against a rock at the sound of the bugs. She raised a brow, but decided not to bring it up. She could only deduce that he was probably sufficiently annoyed by the bugs. No worries for him though, soon they would all die off when the winter hit hard. Right now, it was very mild, not to her tastes, but she was glad to have it cold again.

On to the more important question though. Why was he not looking for a home necessarily? Most of the newcomers that came through Helovia were always chomping at the bit to get into a herd. Especially one where the weather was nice most of the year, and nicely placed, like the falls. "Knowing what I know now, when I came into Helovia, I should've joined a herd." She spoke. Although, she didn't really meet it. Without certain situations falling into place, she would more than likely not be with an unofficial official fling or whatever with Oxy, and wouldn't be a Mason. So, maybe not, but joining a herd is something she shouldn't of put off so long. "Helovia isn't the nicest of places, if you catch my drift." She finished quietly, allowing him to speak again.

"Talking"
Elsa

The stallion seemed amused now."Bew-seff-ahlus." He corrected, lowering his head to rub his muzzle against a leg, getting rid of an itch. "Helovia?" He mused, lifting his head back up, ears pricked at the white mare."I've probably been to worse places than this." He said, flaring his wings slightly as he lept down from the rock he had been on, wings refolding once he had his hooves planted on the snowy ground.

"I have never been part of a herd. Tell me, what is a...mason?" He asked, walking towards her but halting before he got too close. "I want to learn a bit more before I consider joining your herd." He said, ears flicking back slightly. "Mason is the herd leader?" He tried to guess, both puzzled and intrigued by this.

As he waited for her reply he turned towards the pond, walking towards it and cracking the thin, sheet-like ice to drink, ears cocked back to listen for her voice as he pondered to himself. Elsa was dazzling, and if half the mares in the herd were like her... well he'd be in trouble. The speculation made him amused, and he lifted his head and turned to watch Elsa, his mood considerably lighter.

He was starting to tire again, his long flight still reaping it's toll upon the stallion. His wings were not meant for long, soaring flights, but rather for sheer dives and maneuvering with ease through narrow spaces. What he did not tell Elsa was that he had his mind made up; he would join this herd. If it was not to his liking, there was always the sky to slip back away to.

When he began speaking, she shrugged when he told her the proper pronunciation. Chances were, she wouldn't remember anyways after a few days, but if they crossed paths again, then maybe she would be force too. That however, was nothing compared to the snort that escaped her mouth when he said he had probably been to worse places. Everyone says that until they have lived here for at least a year. Then, everyone begins to realize Helovia is crazy as shit. It's that ex-girlfriend you'll never be able to ever in your entire life get rid of. Helovia's woes follow you everywhere.

But she let him continue uninterrupted as he queried about her position. He guessed it to be a leader, but Elsa just shook her head. Half the herd probably didn't even realize she existed. "No, as the Mason, the God of Earth, the patron God of the Falls, gifts me the power to control and craft stone. I make the things the herd needs, basically. Although, my jobs begun to be a little more obsolete since Helovia has begun to be a hug fest of "nothing can go wrong"!" She rolled her eyes at the end of the statement, but that was besides the point. "But I don't take you to be crafty, or healy, or seer-y. You'd be more like a warrior or sneak or something." She shrugged, not appreciating it as he moved toward her face. Her ears even fell back against her skull for a moment, until he moved away. But, who knows, he could be a secret wanna-be healer or something. "Basically the falls is a machine, every inhabitant has its part. I don't know what you want to know other than what your duties would be. Although, I could give you the spiel on oh my god its so beautiful you should see it, if you wanted." She finished with a disgusted nose crinkle, this conversation was becoming a little more in-depth than she had anticipated.

"Talking"
Elsa

Bucephalus laughed. "I'll have to pass on that. My gods and yours might be different, and I'd rather avoid a confrontation right now." A speck of white landing on his muzzle made Buce glance up as it began to snow once more. Delightful. He both enjoyed and hated snow. Fun to fly through, horrid to get out of his feathers."A warrior is fitting."He said mostly to himself.

The brute shook himself, then looked at Elsa with pricked ears.
"Well... I can learn more about what my duties would be in the herd, no? I'm sure a Mason has things she needs to be doing. Plus I'm not sure about you, but I'm tired from a very long flight. You caught me right as I was getting ready to rest." He said with a faint tone of irritation. This would have been a much better conversation during the day. But, also, odds are they would not have met as he would have left the moment the sun's rays kissed the sky. For right at the faint blush of dawn his Nightgale surrendered to her sister Daywind, and he enjoyed the rippling, changing currents that filled the air as the Winds passed leadership from one to the other.

He was growing curious about this land, Helovia, and the various herds and such within it. The Winds were the same, but carried a different feel, wilder, more exciting. Hardly waiting for Elsa to reply, he began walking towards the Falls herd, pausing after a few lengths to look back at her expectantly, head cocked slightly and an impatient look to his expression. Cold, tired and rather sore, his semi-jovial mood had quickly sunk, and the mare's comment about the herd being like a machine didn't exactly sit well with the wanderer.

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

[Tribs, just FYI! You cannot change any of your font color without there being a colored background/table to go with it.]

At some point patrolling just wasn't enough. It didn't matter the distance she tried to keep, he was there, overseeing her, standing next to her, commanding her. Though she grit her teeth she was not a creature meant to endure or outlast. She was fast and powerful and it echoed not just in her body, but also her emotions. She could not contain herself any more.

She turned from endless flights around the borders to sparring with her brethren, but even that could only do so much for her. She had been sloppy in most of them, too unfocused, and it cost her in bruises and shame. Besides, each line of sweat, every drop of blood, it just reminded her of him again, because that was his domain as much as it was hers, just like the skies and the orange lands. Go figure when she wanted the guy and looked all over for him she could never find him, but now that she loathed him he stuck on like a tick. Life was fucked.

By some stroke of genius, she had the idea to get out. If she saw him everywhere in the place he lived for Sun God's sakes, she could at least try haunting places she was sure he would be absent from. Unfortunately they were a similar sort, so where he lacked, she did too.

The Threshold.

She grimaced as she flew over the forest, finding a small opening among a copse of trees to land in. She didn't have many good experiences in this place, and even fewer successes. Still, it was work, tedious work at that, so perhaps it was the perfect remedy to her insanity.

Voices gradually wriggled their way in among the din of her thoughts. She shook her head, as if dazed by being pulled away from herself (when had she grown so introverted and brooding?) and peered around for the source. Brush parted ways around her neck as her unevenly marked face pushed its way through, her wings instinctively tucking closer to her sides to protect themselves as she waded through vegetation. At one point her tail caught on something and she tugged, tugged, tugged, until at last she stumbled forward with the burning sensation of a clump of hair being ripped out. It smarted and made her eyes water, even when harsher pain hadn't.

In this unceremonious fashion she fumbled upon Elsa and Bucephalus. It didn't phase her much though, it wasn't the first time she'd been ill-mannered or clumsy. Still, she shook herself off, the dusting off snow she'd acquired sliding off easily enough, yet the cold touch lingered deep and fierce. She flicked her ears back in annoyance, turning her head around to resettle a feather that had gone astray.

That's when she caught sight of them. Ampere froze for a moment, taken by surprise more than embarrassment. After all she had been looking for them, but not really. It was an excuse to get her feet to move, but now that she was in front of them and Elsa was practically trotting off with the prize, and such a handsome one at that, well Ampere found new heart - competition had a way with that.

"Pardon," she said as sweet as she could muster, though the grin that spread across her face suggested anything but. It was rough and uneven, sloping higher on the left side where her blue marking gave her a wild look. "Couldn't help but overhear you're looking for rest?" She strode forward now, lingering closer to Buce. Ampere's electric gaze swept over to Elsa briefly before settling comfortably on his facade. Her grin grew coy. "I can't speak much for the Falls, but the Throat is the warmest place around, and I don't just mean the desert atmosphere." He was handsome enough and she needed whatever warmth and distraction he could provide.

Recruiting she wasn't very good at, but flirting, she usually could manage to pull that off.

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Herp, thanks for telling me XD Didn't know)

The cold of the snow was starting to get to the stallion; he could barely feel the tips of his feathers, the chill sinking into them. If this mare doesn't hurry... Winds help me i'll get frostbite. He lowered his head slightly, still waiting for Elsa to guide him towards her herd. A faint rustling sound made an ear twitch, but after a glance in the direction of the noise, Bucephalus dismissed it as an animal moving through the dead bones of the forest. Things often made more noise come winter, when crunchy snow blanketed everything.

The abrupt arrival of yet another pegasi startled Buce enough that, before he even noticed, his wings were fully unfurled and arched, ready to take off from the spot. When he took a second look and realized that the mare was no threat,(No more than a stranger could be, at any rate.) he relaxed his stance and folded his wings once more, tucking them close to his body for warmth. He took a chance to study this new arrival, ears pricked sharply forward. The mare's black-and-blue coloration faintly dredged up foalhood memories, but her sickly-sweet tone quickly broke the stallion's trail of thought before he could get too pensive. The sweetness in her voice set him on edge; it didn't relate to the lopsided grin she flashed at all, and the wild look her markings lent her both intrigued and gave him caution. He couldn't help but be interested by anything that looked wild or untamed; it was in his nature, and was why he considered the Winds as his gods.

"Rest? What makes a desert different than the Falls?" He asked, deciding to play along for now, the flirtatious tone she now gave was amusing him. "As far as I can tell so far, both are equally... intriguing." He tilted his head slightly, not backing up when the mare stepped closer to him than Elsa.

He might not have ever been in a herd, but he could pick up the underlying tones of rivalry well enough; like the Winds it came in many forms but all with the same basic strain. And who was he to deny the newer mare her chance at upstarting the other? Either way this went, he would have rest; with the Falls, the Throat, or alone.

Yet again, she is thwarted. From the skies flies a blue, lightening pegasus. Pausing on their trip back, she allowed her to speak. The moment the words were done flowing from her mouth Elsa strangled out a burst of laughter. What made it just as amusing as the statement was his reaction. Suddenly, this blue electric lady and him were about to be all over each other if they didn't shut up. Sure, this man was attractive, but by no means would just go sliding underneath a stallion just because he looked nice. Apparently though, The Throat liked to be a little more risqué.

After Elsa's eyes were almost done rolling out of her head, she looked between the two lustiest horses she had ever met. Her hind hoof cocked against the ground, making it a point to look a little sassy. "Well, by no means censor your lustful ways just because i'm here. I could use a show." She said, pointedly looking at the Throat dweller. So these were the type of horses hiding away in the throat? From the way Africa fought, and talked, she had Elsa believing they were just as "normal" as the Falls. However, that was a blatantly wrong statement. "Anybody can be bad, You ain't that special." She added to the blue mare. Elsa was pretty confident in herself, that if she wanted to turn booty loaner overnight, she'd manage pretty well. Turning to Bucephalus she shrugged "Honestly, if its a fling you want. You can get that anywhere. Helovia is not short on mares. The throat is basically a beach. Really, the only difference. Although, I've met Africa, and I'm sure you'd like her too. But, as always, I would suggest the Falls. Midas and Ghost are quite capable, and dynamic leaders." That was her little spiel, it wasn't even the interruption that made her wind up. It was the freaking fact that everyone here seemed to get what they want just by being flirtatious! That was also probably and overstatement, but she had seen it happen more than once in the Threshold. Elsa just refused to take part in such a shallow act.

"Talking"
Elsa

Ampere The Mother of Companions Posts: 719
Dragon's Throat Sultana atk: 9 | def: 11 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14 hh :: 6 years HP: 73 | Buff: DANCE
Kygo :: Green Cheek Conure :: None Blu
A M P E R E
"Any existence deprived of freedom is a kind of death" -- Michel Aoun

She couldn't help but laugh at Elsa's face and response. Didn't the pretty white mare know how to play dirty? She certainly wasn't very good at talking it, because if she thought her comments would deter Ampere she was rather wrong. Ampere had no intentions of censoring herself and was just fine with putting on a show, whether Elsa stuck around to watch or not. In fact that just might be the trick to get her to leave...

"Is it that boring in the Falls you need outside entertainment?" Ampere asked as she drew closer to the stallion, encouraged by his return, somewhat, her attentions. Her smile, which had died down after her short laugh, now returned in earnest as she sidled up to him. Her shoulder was just close enough that it should brush against him, an invitation for what was to come while the ice queen stood over there looking down her nose at them, and enough of a response to her comment. She was a mason for a reason, clearly.

"The company, mostly," Ampere murmured in response to his question, flicking a wing tip so that it might graze against his side, though she played it off as adjusting them. "Intriguing is nice, but the beach, never a bad thing in my experience," Ampere spoke with a raised 'brow and a look towards Elsa. What was Elsa trying to get at, or did she just have nothing left? Beaches were always pleasant and even desired, beach front property and all. She'd certainly had a good time or two on their shores... "Is especially good for being warm and, soft." Ampere's tail flicked, her haunches shifting as if to suggest exactly what soft area she was referring to - any look at the muscles which neatly lined her coat would easily suggest there was but one place. She shivered then too, hardly needing to play that off. It was fucking cold out here, her breath came out in little clouds with each word and every exhale. If he didn't make up his mind soon she was liable to just leave anyways and get back to her beach where she could enjoy something other than frigid white, not that Elsa knew anything about that.

"We could talk all day though," Ampere said after a moment, drifting from his side with purposeful steps. "Sometimes you need to live the experience," she winked, "So you're welcome to join me for the night and make up your mind after you've had some rest."

Credits: Image by Tabini
Coding by Tamme

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Okay, he was beyond amused by now. So far, Helovia had provided quite the entertainment in the form of the two mares. His ears flicked to Elsa, listening to her spiel. Dynamic leaders? He mentally shook his head, his gaze flickering towards the darker Pegasus. Lustful fit her well, he mentally noted as the electric blue mare sidled up close, her entire stance and tone giving a seduction he was sorely tempted by.

As the dark mare spoke, Bucephalus weighted them both in his mind. Two mares, two seemingly different herds. He lifted his head to look at the Falls herd in the distance, but his attention was quickly returned to the mare by his side at the faint brush of a wingtip, his hide twitching instinctively. Tired as he was, even he couldn't miss the suggestion she offered. He glanced at Elsa, noting her almost haughty disposition towards the darker hued mare. Once more he was indecisive, but already was leaning towards a choice.

Elsa had been friendly enough, and quite amusing for the stallion. But the newer mare(he realized he didn't quite know her name) seemed wild, unafraid of whatever anyone thought of her. When she stepped away from his side, the cold stinging his gold-flecked hide once more, well that just solidified his decision. He was growing tired of conversation anyway.

"Rest sounds delightful right now." He said towards the blue tinted mare, his gaze turning to Elsa; he felt no remorse or such, the other had a better offer and more appealing. "If the herds are as friendly as you say they are at the moment, I'm sure we will meet again." He said, dipping his head to the silver Pegasus before stepping towards the darker. "My name is Bucephalus, and yours?" He asked her, wings spreading slightly, preparing for yet another flight.