the Rift

make up the moves as I go

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

This place was beautiful! So white, so fresh, so...

"Cold," I mumbled over the chattering of my own teeth. Every muscle in my body trembled beneath my skin in an attempt to keep warm, but the actions fell to no avail. This place was freezing and it was beginning to feel like nothing I could do would change it. Quickly, I found my fondness of this white winter wonderland growing fainter and fainter. But where was I? I knew I had never visited this place before and I had been to many different places. And even though I didn't know where I was or where I was going, there was a path laid out before me. Sure it was marked by some trees that seemed to be...bending? With a tilt of my head I watched as the trees bent at my approach.

"What a curious thing," I whispered as I forged ahead along the path. This place was certainly different than any others I had visited. Leafless trees, this white stuff on the ground, the cold, and bending trees. All of them were new elements to me as I had spent the majority of my life in much warmer climates and never I stayed in the same place for very long. Perhaps this place required at least an extra amount of time. At least, until I figure out this tree bending thing.

My dark eyes scanned the area around me as more white stuff fell from the sky. Besides the forest that surrounded me, it seemed almost barren, desolate even and deadly quiet. Not even one other soul was nearby for me to talk to or share heat with. The only sound that ricocheted in the air was the soft crunching of the white stuff beneath my hooves as I pressed forward. This place was a mystery and I wanted to solve it. But first, I needed people to question, people talk to, people to socialize with. And I would only get them if they found me.

"If you ever find yourself lost," my tongue twisted out my childhood saying as I thought it, "Stay right where you are and someone will come to help." A sigh escaped my lips and I let myself concede to standing still. Perhaps someone would find me and help me out?
"Speech"
word count;; 386
muse;; the call by regina spektor
tags;; anybody since everybody has seemed to show an interest in her xD
Astra's reff;; Click!
ooc;; go ahead people, try to claim her. fight over her. i don't care. lol. please forgive the horridness of this post...my first few posts with a new charrie always seem to suck.
character design © Evvers
posting format © Evvers
coding © Evvers

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
I’d thrown open the gates, pushed them wide and welcomed in so many new things, so many great things. I’d decided that “new” was a good thing. It brought a sense of excitement to my life and if it meant stepping outside of the many boundaries I’d confined myself within, then so be it. I needed freedom because the taste of it on my tongue was… intoxicating. The Edge allowed me a blank canvas on which to paint my life and now that I had been allowed to start fresh, I wanted to draw my future in deep greens and blues and greys. I didn’t want to recall the yellows and reds of the past because that’s not who I was anymore. I didn’t expect success to come quickly and fate certainly didn’t seem willing to make it so either.

Winter’s misty breath swept up around me in vague, ghostly apparitions that danced alongside me as I retreated from the World’s Edge and headed towards the east. The Threshold had been on my mind for some time considering the restless feeling that stirred anxiously inside my heart. I needed more to do, more in my line of vision than it now stood to reason. Wasting my time away observing the way FrostFall had changed my home from a sanctuary of emerald glass to ice and mirrors did little to soothe the feeling of disquiet blooming from my head to my hooves. The soft curves of the land had been transformed into rigid, sharp edges that were draped in crystalline frost. The Edge was still a thing of immense beauty, but now it lacked its former depth. The surface was I could see anymore because the cold had robbed my home of flourishing life. We had all grown stale.

Before me, shadows grew tall between the dead trees of the Threshold. I wondered where their spirits were laid to rest when the cold stole their souls and ran like hell into the night. The snowy ground had been turned to muddy trails of ice and trampled dirt that intersected at various points until no certain path remained. I wondered which one would lead me where I wanted to go or if I really had any certain destination in mind. On a whim, I followed a narrow passageway that bent sharply to and fro beneath powerful oaks and birch trees. At one time I could imagine that this particular route had been dense and completely shaded away from the naked eye which made it that much more alluring to my curious mind. What lost souls had travelled this corridor into the unknown? What did they find on the other side?

I had to find out.

No birdsong drifted through the treetops which made the Threshold feel eerily vacant and lonesome. But faint scents of possible friends and foes flitted about around me, each new fragrance becoming more enticing than the last. It was as if the claiming grounds were still trying to sing songs of past summer nights, but its voice had become strangled and numb. However, a constant aroma found its way across my path on more than one occasion and within moments, I had made the decision to seek it out, hoping that curiosity wouldn’t kill this cat.

As I trailed the mysterious ebb and flow of this new, erotic, fragrance I started to doubt my own sense of direction. That is, until I caught the soft muffling of a feminine voice in the distance. However, the creature that came into view upon my final ascent into her company caught me off guard. Her ivory hide looked as if it were splattered with dark paint that mimicked the midnight sky. As I stood to marvel at the wonder that was this mare, I couldn’t help chuckling to myself shortly after. For this was no mare at all, she was still young, perhaps as young as Essetia when I’d last had the chance to see her. “Would you say that you’re in need? Of help, I mean.” An amused smile parted my lips as I stepped closer with my head lowered in respect so that the youth would not see me as a threat. “I’m Thor and as it appears, you’ve stumbled upon what is called Helovia.
Thor

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Sikeax the Sea Soul Posts: 355
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 5 years HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Hobgoblin :: Common Rougarou :: Water & Seoul :: Plain White Dragon :: Toxic Breath Zuno

Nerves set to flame and more than just alive, I haven't seen any of that yet. It's gone with age and the decay that time has on everything. I'm not a child tumbling through the brambles and ferns clotted with snow in search of miscellaneous souls that linger around like ghosts trying to find the exit. This place was once so safe and care free for my younger self.
Well, it died when Amara looked liked she'd been dead for weeks on end and at the mercy of every element and predator within the land.
Gray, mellow, and constantly depressing clouds tumble overhead lifelessly. Snowflakes fall at random points but don't hold much of an appearance when their friends all lie on the ground, trampled and discoloured by anyone who stepped into it with muddy frogs. My own trail must be orange, the same colour the Dragon's Throat unconsciously paints all of it's inhabitants with. The faint sound of crunching ice over the sand and grasses near the lake still echo in the depths of my ears, which swivel erratically at every sound lacking a source.
Something familiar rises out of the snow and trees, sweet scent of knowing that it's someone I've met in the past, knowing it could be friend or foe, but the idea of finding someone whose name isn't a mystery makes the horrors seem less likely to happen.
In the end, it's Thor, a lone giant who isn't like Hector when it comes to height. I might lavish myself in the fiery giant's presence, but Thor is a sculptured mold of earth who I'm unwilling to attach myself to. It's probably not worth it in the end, attaching myself to so many when I could ruin their lives like I seem to do with the ones I already have.
The female he's with has height to me. She's beautiful, unique and special in her coat. Adrixaura taught me not to trust looks when my eyes watch her carefully, ears alert for her words. He's already spoken, so I don't have to do much. I can sit back and offer warmth, a family and a home with my name in a short and simple manner.
"I'm Sikeax, but call me Sia, from the Dragon's Throat." I go to Thor with my eyes, glancing momentarily as if he could spill more for me. The better the first impression, the more I might be successful. Vzarda's attempt still makes me feel uncomfortable.
"Would there be anything I could help you with?" At least I'm not sniffling and sneezing like before; he can't tease me now over seasonal sickness.

OOC: Would you like to be tagged?

you were angels,
so much more than everything

:: please tag me
:: minor force and power play allowed

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
Tallis had no problem letting his bonded aware of his dislike of the Threshold and while it was well founded Eva still found it mildly annoying. They seemed to have the same argument every time she decided that it was time to search for someone who needed a place to call him. If Tallis had his way she would never leave the Edge. He was always scared that there was someone like Ampere lurking around the corner just waiting for her chance to attack for no good reason. "Stop being a worrywart." Evangeline sighed as she looked up to her companion. "We haven't seen hide nor hair of her since she attacked us here." That wasn't enough to ease the dragon's dislike of the forest or his discomfort with being there. Without another word he flew ahead to scout and make sure that the black and blue pegasus wasn't lurking nearby.

Several minutes passed before Evangeline heard from Tallis. 'Thor.' The stallion's name made the orange mare's ears tilt forward and her head lift a bit. "Where?" 'Not far. Keep straight.' The dragon was quiet for several minutes before she heard from him again. 'Mares. Don't know one. Other was at beach. Glow.' Despite being alone Evangeline nodded her head, knowing which mare Tallis was referring to. The one they had both startled with their arguing a few weeks back before Frostfall had set in.

'Gonna sit.' As Tallis informed his bonded of his intention she got a flash of Thor's broad back and she frowned. "You better behave yourself, Tallis." She told the dragon. "So help me if you misbehave." 'Be good. Eva worrywart.' Evangeline snorted at the dragon's remark and rolled her eyes. He was getting far too cocky for his own good, but he was pretty damn cute in her biased opinion.

"Hello." The autumn mare greeted the gathering as she arrived. "Thor, good to see you again." She offered the big stallion a smile then looked to Sikeax. "You as well." She couldn't remember the young mare's name much to her own annoyance. Finally her gaze moved to the newcomer and she offered a friendly smile. "Hello, I'm Evangeline. Welcome to Helovia."

"."

autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

A patch of snow fell from the limbs above onto the sun itself. Forced snort and harks pin as the golden son shakes it off, trembling at its wet cold touch. It was not the little snow drop’s fault he was so agitated though. With Helovia locked up in a frozen wasteland of snow and ice, and gold was, well, cold hearted. It had taken careful planning to time his trip to the Throat to match the coldest season in the Basin, and now those efforts were dashed by the coldest winter Helovia had experienced in apparently years. So why was he here in the pines of the Threshold? Pines were evergreens, and even now, there were patches of ground protected from the snow. The gold man slipped easily through them searching for patches of some tender grasses. No luck. Not a blade of sweet grass was let. Still, the gold apparently wasn’t completely out of luck.

A sweet voice carries across the still of frozen air. Body tenses and slows from its march for food. Twin horns raise high and all listen closer. There it is again, along with the crunch of snow from other creatures. Earth eyes cloud for a moment in consideration, and tassled tail switches back and forth in decision making. He had had luck the last two time here in the Threshold, and the Basin was always looking for newcomers. That gilded lady always seemed in a better mood when he brought another home in tow. Apparently, from the sound and scent of the whole thing though, he wouldn’t be the only one. Still the golden always did love a challenge, and none of the scents he picked up were individuals he knew. So with a grin rising on his lips at a distraction from the cold the Spanish man moves forward towards the others.

Already others were preying upon the girl. And a lovely thing she was too. Her white coat nearly disappeared in this land, but the running black was a curious contrast. And no one could deny that crowning black blade. Standing still in the shadows, and behind a bush or two he watches a draft from the edge with the smallest of wings kindly offer her help, then an amber girl of the throat, and finally another girl of the edge go to offer their introductions and welcome to the lovely thing. It looked highly unlikely he’d be walking away with the prize, especially as this girl seemed even softer and sweeter than the sweet thing, Lena. Still he was already here.

So slowly the golden son steps from his tucked away place and walks with a sweeping gate to the girl and the gather around her. The light reflecting off the snow amplifies the golden man’s coat, as he carries himself, with a little more than a hint of pride. It is though a calmed pride, perhaps regality or nobility? Looking at the other three he nods once slowly, then turns with a calm gaze to the girl. Carefully crafting himself for her appeal. “Thranduil, at your service.” Again, the twin horns dip, but when they raise again, concern seems to flash through them. “My dear girl, you look ever so cold.” The gold steps forward then hesitates, a stopped attempt to comfort. “May I offer you a shelter for this bitter weather?” The golden head tilts slightly in sincerity. Of course the Basin was farther north than even this, but the herd had all the comforts it needed in forms of tundra grasses, hot springs, and warm caves. To such a young girl such an image should be well made, but if she proved less naïve than she appeared, the Basin also boasted to be the strongest and most elite collection of skills seen across the lands. Not that the gold liked to boast about himself…of course. Golden flecks in earth brown eyes flash slightly, as he looks on this lovely girl of new. It would not be easy to pine her from the others, but the golden always did enjoy a challenging game.

OOC :: How the crap did this get that long...well anyways, here's the Basin trying to convince a cold girl to go further north XD
"speech"

Mix a flutter of feather,
A pinch of iron horn,
Little fire bringer,
You just need to learn of thorns.
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Unregistered

Calm dark eyes scanned the area as I stood alone. Barren branches swayed ever so slightly in an almost nonexistent breeze while the cold white powder continued to fall from the dreary sky. There wasn't an animal in sight and even though my ears twisted and turned at every which angle they couldn't catch the sound of any little creatures stirring about. Minutes ticked by and eventually turned into hours. It wasn't until now that I realized the sheer power silence held. Its weight was thrust against my chest as my breaths grew more shallow. My mind began to race with thoughts that I never realized I would have worried about like:

What if nobody lived in this place? What if this cold wouldn't let up? What if there was nothing here for me? What if –

I shook my head as an attempt to expel those thoughts from my body and mind. Surely there was something or someone that lived here. So I gathered what courage I had to put up as a front and quietly packaged up the panic and fear that diseased me.

One. Two. Three. I counted the breaths I cast out of my lungs as a way to pass the time. Each breath seemed to crystallize in the air which was, again, something I had never seen before. And even though I was curious about it, I didn't get much time to think about it because my ears suddenly flew behind me at the sound of something approaching me. My nerves began to shake as I pondered just what could lie in store for me, but it didn't take long for the other creature to get close.

Would you say that you’re in need? Of help, I mean. My eyes fell upon a bay colored stallion with wings as I turned around at the sound of his words. A pegasus, I thought to myself. I had seen plenty of them in my travels. A smile played itself across his lips as he approached me with his head lowered. At first I curled my head inwards towards myself out of shyness, but when the stallion spoke again I suddenly grew curious and relaxed.

Helovia. The name was as foreign to me as I was to this land and yet this stallion that stood before me didn't seem to care at all. A faint smile grew upon my face with my newly found company. I just barely opened my mouth to answer him and ask him questions, but before I could another unicorn of amber color came upon us. Susinctly, she introduced herself as Sikeax from a place called Dragon's Throat. But to be honest, that meant nothing right now. I had no knowledge of this place, its people, its customs, its traditions. I knew nothing and that bothered me.

Like the stallion before her Sikeax offered to provide help. And just as before another being showed up – Evangeline was her name. First it was desolation and silence. Now it was a cacophony of seemingly gregarious creatures. Hopefully their appearances weren't lies. Shortly after her arrival, another stallion walked out from behind some brush. He was golden in color and by the way he carried himself he seemed maybe proud of his self? I wasn't completely sure.

My dear girl, you look ever so cold. My attention turned to the spasms that danced within my own skin. With the arrival of the new company, I had nearly forgotten the cold that permeated me. But I quickly snapped back to the group that stood before me as Thranduil offered me shelter from the weather. When I was younger I would have taken him at his word and just followed him, but I was not that naïve little girl anymore.

“You don't even know my name yet and you offer me shelter?” My eyes squinted just slightly at him as I grew cautious of him, “You really think I'm going to accept shelter from a stranger on a whim?”

I stepped away from Thranduil and then paused to look at everybody who had surrounded me. Two mares, two stallions and all I really knew were their names.

“My name is Astraea,” I began calmly and took one last look at each of them before going on, “I've never heard of Helovia before in my travels. So you'll have to excuse me in my lack of knowledge about this place.”

Once again, I looked at all of them. I wondered what they all wanted, what they all had to offer, and what they were all like. Just what would my new adventure here on Helovia have in store for me?
"Speech"
word count;; 785
muse;; the soundtracks to game of thrones.
tags;; anybody since everybody has seemed to show an interest in her xD
Astra's reff;; Click!
Astra's voice;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
ooc;; 0.0 so many people come to greet her. and no need to tag me. 8D I can manage. Hope you all like my post...it turned out longer than I thought it would.
posting format © Evvers
coding © Evvers

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds
Faces upon faces filed in around me making me feel trapped within the small clearing of theThreshold. What was this? Was there an evident lack of new blood to keep my sister herds afloat? I recognized Sikeax from the Throat and recalled her youthful presence in the Deep Forest, but I still doubted her as a friendly acquaintance after the small spat we’d shared in the shadows of dusk in the southern lands. She’s introduced herself in her common way, just as she’d introduced herself that day in the forest. I held no prejudices for the young girl and yet I felt the underlying competition between our mirrored presences in the claiming grounds. However, I did not long for the tension climbing its way between us; after all, were we not alliances? I’d still yet to prove if the contract held between the Edge and the Throat after the absence of Mirage and Kri. I felt that was something that needed to be presented when I next gained the company of Kaj or Kahlua. As it stood, it was still a question in my mind.

Before I could recover from the arrival of the pale Throat representative, I recognized an all-too familiar flash of orange in the trees above. However, my mind could not register its meaning before Tallis had taken a front row seat upon my waiting back. The little dragon knew no boundaries and though my skin seemed to crawl beneath his curious claws, I tried desperately to hide the shock and confusion at becoming something of a perch to Evangeline’s bonded. The relationship we shared was a troubled one, but I couldn’t help the smile that crept across my blackened lips as I felt the reptile clamber his way toward my shoulders in order to bury himself beneath the thick chords of my mane. The sensation was eerie and made me shudder beyond the chill of FrostFall and when I’d had a moment to glance back to the twilight colored mare, all I could do was offer her a quirky smile.

Evangeline… I wasn’t sure if you had it in you to venture away from the Edge.” I couldn’t help teasing my fellow companion in spite of our guest, because I was almost certain that these terms concerning Helovia held absolutely no bearing on her understanding. However, I was only human (or horse in that respect) and I only possessed so much formality. After all, I was by no means a rigid man. I couldn’t imagine that anyone would appreciate another for their stiff personality or their ability to be so unfeeling. Yet once again, as I had thought to address the stranger with kind, informative words, another creature made his way into our company.

The other stallion was obviously from the Basin and his manners projected just as much which made me chuckle to myself, though I tried my best to remain somber. His arrogance was comforting in spite of my dislike of the Basin’s entire existence because, at least I was no longer the most dominant in this pack of females. They often made me uneasy in great numbers because their gender alone was enough to manipulate and individual such as myself –hadn’t Eva recently recruited me to pull a cart to build fires in our home?- to do as they deemed fit. However, I had little to offer him other than a languid nod. But as it appeared, I wasn’t the only one who found his entrance to be discourteous and undoubtedly hurried... Astarea as I’d learned, cared little for the banter of our Helovian natives and I had no intentions of pushing her after such a tiring day. Comically enough, I couldn’t blame her for feeling overwhelmed by so many unfamiliar things and faces.

Patiently, I waited for the twilight girl to find her bearings before I cleared my throat hesitantly. I had no reason to rush her or press her for anything other than a promise of friendship at some point or another. If she wished to find shelter and a family in which to nurture her, I would offer her just as much as any other. But there was no telling what kind of life she’d come from, no way of telling what ambitions she upheld… and to make things worse there was really no way to understand those things about her with so many creatures here, ready and willing to convince her about which path was best. I had two choices: I could stand here and recite the many reasons that I thought the Edge to be the best herd land in Helovia or I could offer her what every other monger here wanted to offer her and let her decide for herself. The World’s Edge was not for everyone and I didn’t expect others to see the magic I’d witnessed within those crystalline walls. “I come from the World’s Edge- a herd land within Helovi-, and I stand before you now hoping to offer you just as much as Sikeax and Thranduil here. Essentially, there are four main families in which you may find refuge and each is just as exciting as the last… but when I stood in your shoes, waiting to find definition and purpose, the World’s Edge had given me that.” I paused to glance at the faces that surrounded me. I had once chance and once chance alone to make my point before leaving this young mare to make her decision. “Astraea, I could explain all that I’ve come to know about this land, but it would not be enough. It is the experience that decides your fate. However, my family is one to support and lift me in my endeavors and they have never failed in doing as much. We pride ourselves on the development of each other.

At that, I glanced toward Eva and considered Tallis resting dazedly between my shoulder blades on the brink of sleep. These two were my family and I’d accepted them as such some time ago. We tolerated one another, dealt with each other’s pain and suffering, beamed and smiled with praise when another succeeded… Was that not home? “I offer you a place in our family Astaea, a place within our home where we will push you to great heights. The World’s Edge has much to offer to you, but I will leave you with your own path to consider. Should you want to come with Evangeline and I, you will become part of us, a sister to protect and a sister in arms. However, if there is any doubt that you hold for us, we will take our leave and wish you the best along your path.
Thor

ooc| Sorry for this... monster.

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Evangeline the Pure Posts: 199
Outcast
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 10
Tallis :: Common Orange Dragon :: Fire Breath & Toxic Breath ali
It was not uncommon for more than one herd to be vying for the attention of a newcomer in the Threshold, so when another stallion from a different herd showed up Evangeline was not surprised. Her ears tilted forward and she watched him as he approached and began spiel immediately offering her warmth and shelter. Her nostrils flared and she breathed in, detecting the faint scent of both the Basin and the Throat. Intuition had her leaning toward the stallion being from the Basin and she couldn't help but wonder what kind of warmth and shelter the Basin could possibly offer. It was frozen year-round and with Frostfall already sinking its claws into every region of Helovia it was only common sense that the Basin had only become colder and would continue to get colder. Thor's voice brought her out of her musing and she smiled. "I'm not the homebody that you seem to think I am, mighty Thor." Eva said in response to Thor's teasing.

Her head turned as the newcomer spoke, chastising the horned stallion for offering up a home so quickly then introducing herself. It was, perhaps, a bit rude the way the herds went about recruiting new members. It became routine and completely impersonal. Each herd tried to make itself out to be as attractive as possible to garner the attention of the newcomer without truly considering where that individual might want to live. She wondered how many horses were disappointed when they got to the herd they had chosen and found it to be nothing like what they thought and vice versa.

"What kind of landscapes do you prefer?" Evangeline asked after having waited for Thor to finish speaking. "Our own home, the World's Edge, is forest, while the Dragon's Throat is a desert oasis, and the Basin seems frozen in eternal winter." She would have liked to have spoken of the Hidden Falls to give the mare and idea of what the area looked like, but the last time she had been there it had been known as the Foothills. "Each land has its own unique beauty and individuals."

"."

autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Did he really expect this to go well? All to plan? Tuck the pretty little unicorn in his pocket and move on. The golden son could be prideful to the point of foolishness, but he was not an idiot. There was little chance of a fully reasoned creature walking toward hell frozen over with him. But the gold was a gambling man, and like any good gambler, he had a few tricks up his sleeves. So the first was crashed against the rocks with as little as a flick from her tail. It only made an inner, hidden grin grow and the golden settle in for the match. True it was a loser’s game, but it was better than a dull night of sleep.

So as the white and black turns to him with a hard gaze the gold keeps his sincerity. Nodding only once to her first comment and then adding to her second, “A gentleman’s apology” Only he wasn’t a gentleman, not in any sense of the word, but what she didn’t know wouldn’t hurt her right? The girl steps away from him and the gold is left to watch with those earth eyes the other side make their plea. He at last took more attention to those around him and the black blade. Taking note of her name and her position on all this. Far too rational approach if you asked him. Not really Basin material there, but there was always a chance she could be hiding some mad skill to please his lady. Still the gold was here anyway, and besides he did so love a good sport. Just the thrill of the chase was enough…

There were others though, and they made themselves more known. The first, a large brown draft gives the golden hide such a cruel glance. The golden could not imagine why. First of all he had not been to the Basin in many moons, so all traces should be wiped clean from his scent and second he had acted nothing like those of others expected him too. Finally if he and this Evangeline were of the same herd, then the two were supposed to be in treaty. For all his charged glances, the gold only gives a gentle return. If that big boy wanted to break the gold he’d have to try a lot harder than that. Of course just as he says so much with a gaze, he also speaks too much. The gold for his part listens with a patience of a saint. Really it would take a Saint to listen to this speech in full focus. Good thing the gold was wonderful at pretending.

When at last the bull finishes his speech the autumn mare adds her piece and once again the gold, shows the kindness of listening. It was all fine and dandy until she mentions the Basin. The gold’s smile seems to falter slightly. Her last line does not mend what she has spoken, and the gold steps forward. “Yes, each land is beautiful, yet it seems dear Evangeline…” her name rolling off with a smooth grace, “you do not know much of your allies if were are but frozen to you.” Turning back to the newcomer the golden son smiles with a hidden pleasure. “Astraea you wish to know this place before you accept a kindness, then let me tell you.” Stepping forward he moves towards her, coming near at her. “Though it is wise to be on your guard…” Coming right up to her, too close, he then moves past. “…you will soon see…” Stopping before a rare oak in this pine forest the gold smiles before lowering his horn and with the slightest touch of it, he grazes its bark. A warmth rang through the bark and it grew in life, from the golden son’s touch it spread out to sprout out leaves again. Tender green leaves grow in seconds, and reach full bloom in a splendor of summer in the dead winter day. “…even the most frozen of places are but hidden oases.” Let that not fool you, for life can bring a death again to others. The tree will die a quick death in this winter.

Stepping round again from under the tree the gold comes back to his place of before, all the while speaking. “The Basin is one of the larger herds, but a one just as rich in opportunities and purpose as all the others. Our home may be made of ice but we growth and build a warmth stronger than any cold.” God it all sounded so damn patriotic. If you will please all rise and remove your wings for the Basin National Anthem. Having spoken his part the gold retires, proud of his little display. He had been terrified the first time his horn had touch that frozen grasses not long ago, but now seeing his tree blooming like a shining light in the dark the golden could squarely say, checkmate.

OOC :: Darn he got sassy XD
"speech"

Can you feel the rush?
Can you touch the thrill?
Its just absolutely crushing,
To know the feeling's reel.
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Unregistered

Like the rocking of a ship at sea, my ears tilted to and fro as I listened to Thor first speak to Evangeline and then to me. Apparently, he came from some place called the World's Edge and it was one of four different herds. Then he went on about how his herd served to give him definition and purpose before pausing. In this pause however I noticed something. Thor, this pegasus from the World's Edge, didn't seem anywhere near as hurried as Thranduil did. He hadn't offered me a home, hadn't asked me to come with him, hadn't even tried to glorify his home much and deep down I secretly liked that. Quickly, I took a glance at Evangeline and Sikeax only to see them standing there patiently waiting. So with everybody waiting to give their own say as to what I should do or not do I stood and continued to listen.

I offer you a place in our family Astraea... That simple phrase caught me off guard. Family? I felt my facial expression change just slightly as I felt a wave of melancholy wash over me. I shifted my focus at the ground as an attempt to mask the emotions that were probably showing clear as day on my face.. They were willing to accept me into their family? Never in my life had I truly had a family. Sure I had the mare that had taken me in shortly after my birth, but she never really wanted me. She just felt obligated to help those in need. I never really found a family in all of my travels either. It was just me, myself and I. Though I've always yearned for a family. The concept of having others there to support you and all your endeavors – I've always wanted that. Always been jealous of that. Always been too cautious and just stood in the distance watching...alone.

Silently, I stood there and continued to listen as Evangeline began to speak to me. First she asked what kind of landscapes that I preferred. I thought for a little while but could only come up with any place as long as I could see the stars in the sky. The stars had really been the only constant thing in my life, and for that I considered them my friends – especially since I had markings similar to them. I snapped my mind back to Evangeline's speech as she began to describe the herd lands. World's Edge was a forest. Dragon's Throat a desert oasis. The Basin...pretty much a frozen winter wonderland like here. Guess it was time to already cross that place off. And.... I lifted my head up and looked at Evangeline after she was done, just a little bit confused. Thor had said there were four places, but Evangeline only listed off three. What was going on? Did Thor make a mistake, or did Evangeline forget to mention one? With the way the two had been so far, I couldn't imagine that they'd just leave things out and impair my judgment.

I looked to Sikeax after Evangeline was done, but it seemed as the mare from Dragon's Throat was just going to keep silent. Then Thranduil broke in. He had been quiet all this time, waiting patiently much like the others and now it was his turn. He began by stepping forward and then continued towards me as he talked. Except while he spoke he just kept getting closer, uncomfortably closer. My ears moved backwards as I began to tire of his antics. But I still kept eye contact with him, watching his every step until he touched his horn to a tree. A small gasp escaped my lungs and my eyes widened with surprise as the tree burst back to life in this wintry world. How did he do that? Was everybody in this land capable of doing such things? I stared at the marvelous feat that he did while he spoke again. This time however he spoke of the Basin, which I would guess was where he was from. He said something about how it was the larger of herds and how even though it was made of ice they had warmth too. Personally, I think I'd call bull on that. But despite what he did and said there seemed to be a growing feeling of distaste towards him within me. Maybe it was how he acted, the way he spoke, or how he seemed to think so much of himself.

Cocky, arrogant, brash, and hasty. All of these words came to mind as I thought about Thranduil. And even though I still stood here looking at the newly alive tree, his achievement only seemed to work against him. For the tree reminded me of my love of the woods, the forest. The change of color during the mild months. Their strong sturdiness all year round. The shade that they provided in the warmer months. How ancient they could be. I could only imagine the stories the trees could tell if one was able to speak with them.

It was then, that I think I finally understood where I was meant to go.

“It doesn't matter how large a herd is. Large or small each has their own unique quality about them,” I turned around to face Thranduil with my face as solemn as can be, “And whatever warmth you speak of here it seems to be ill-met on my end.”

With that I looked away from him and to Sikeax, who seemed more content remaining silent than inputting her own opinions, “And even though it is rather cold here and anywhere warmer sounds lovely, I don't think I'd be well equipped to handle the polar opposite of...this,” I motioned all around me at the snow that was piled around us.

Then I turned to Thor and Evangeline. Family...the word rang out within my mind as I looked at the two of them, “Thor. Evangeline,” I started trying out their names, “You offer something I've never truly had: a family. And I admire your ability to offer as such without pushing your home upon me,” I took a quick glance at Thranduil as I recalled his first approach. His offering to take me in with no explanations, no knowledge about me, and I no knowledge about him. Then I looked back at Thor and Evangeline.

“With this all being said, I would like to continue on my path with you both being a part of it along with everybody else to do with the World's Edge,” I looked up to them with a small smile as I said my decision. It was time for me to settle down and choose a place to finally live and the World's Edge seemed like it might be the place for my to try that.
"Speech"
word count;; 1149
muse;; pandora mix of film scores
tags;; Thor and Evangeline and Thranduil.
Astra's reff;; Click!
Astra's voice;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
ooc;; Astra chooses the Edge. Sorry to everybody else...except Thranduil...she just doesn't seem to like him xD.
posting format © Evvers
coding © Evvers